Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I would say with your other ki boosters that Roshi is actually better. While Gohan has a better link with the team via SSJ. Roshi still has Kamehameha and with all those +Ki abilities you should be throwing those out constantly. The 2500+ atk is better than the +10% atk in this situation. If you had less +Ki abilities I'd say Gohan would provide a more consistent benefit. Also why SSJ Adult Gohan over SSJ Teen Gohan from the Bojack event?

That's what I was thinking. SSJ2 AGL Goku looks pretty good and he'll be replacing someone in my hilarious AGL team (probably SSJ Goku), but Max Power Roshi is really useful (also SA10). Thinking about it, he's almost certainly better than Turles for this team, thanks to Kamehameha.

As for INT SSJ Gohan (not RoF PHY)? Type coverage and his passive. The Saiyan Lineage helps boost Ultimate Gohan and Kaioken Goku, making up for the lack of Shocking Speed a bit. He's also got that really nice +70% boost on super, which I think does a lot of good, not to mention Kamehameha. This team also has a lot of Kamehameha, which is the major reason I don't like Resolute Valor SSJ Gohan that much.

That was kind of why I was wondering if SSJ2 Goku fit at all, and I don't think he does. Other cards I can swap in over Gohan include Horror from Hell Frieza, TEQ Whis, or really most other SSJ cards. I'd love for SSGSS STR Vegeta to fit, but he doesn't because he doesn't have any ki support.

I mean, ideally I'd have SSJ3 Goku and Turles and all this would be moot. :v:

What's everyone doing for the Fruit of Might item? I'm trying Crumbling Earth on Z-Hard, but Daiz drop rate is kind of high?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm still so happy I managed to pull Kaioken Goku from the Christmas banner. Kaioken is my favorite DBZ technique that gets forgotten about

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just cleaned up my friend list of everyone that had not logged in for 30+ days. I'm already on the spreadsheet if you're looking for another person who plays daily still.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

As for INT SSJ Gohan (not RoF PHY)? Type coverage and his passive. The Saiyan Lineage helps boost Ultimate Gohan and Kaioken Goku, making up for the lack of Shocking Speed a bit. He's also got that really nice +70% boost on super, which I think does a lot of good, not to mention Kamehameha. This team also has a lot of Kamehameha, which is the major reason I don't like Resolute Valor SSJ Gohan that much.

I get my confusion now when you said SSJ Adult Gohan I thought you meant PHY SSJ Adult Gohan - [Indomitable Sense of Justice] whereas you meant INT SSJ Adult Gohan - [Unyielding Sincerity]

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Does the Kaioken Goku's ATK boost from using his super stay until the end of battle? Can you continue to stack it every other turn if you can continue to super? I'm thinking I'll have to spend a lot of extra time in the WT when Kaioken Goku is the prize...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Does the Kaioken Goku's ATK boost from using his super stay until the end of battle? Can you continue to stack it every other turn if you can continue to super? I'm thinking I'll have to spend a lot of extra time in the WT when Kaioken Goku is the prize...

I think the tournament one is a different card, the PHY Kaioken Goku. I think it's this one?

However, the AGL one does continue until the end of the fight and I'm pretty sure it stacks.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I get my confusion now when you said SSJ Adult Gohan I thought you meant PHY SSJ Adult Gohan - [Indomitable Sense of Justice] whereas you meant INT SSJ Adult Gohan - [Unyielding Sincerity]

Yeah, I thought I specified, but I didn't. I actually got the idea to sub him in from a Reddit 'best team in global' thread where he was recommended. Max Power Roshi wasn't, which I thought was strange, because he's clearly worth considering given that he shares Kamehameha with SSJ3, SSG, and Kaioken Goku, along with Ultimate Gohan. Makes him a stronger pick than SSR Turles, I think, since the main reason you use Turles is his passive and Roshi has more useful links. It's not like you're going to drop Ultimate Gohan for Turles, after all.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 27, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

ChronoReverse posted:

A reminder that it's half stamina double experience right now. Try to get to level 200 so you'll have 118 stamina for maximum world tournament efficiency.

Also, farm the Fruit of Might from the event. +3 ki to all characters for 3 turns is incredibly powerful and you can even use both at once for +6 ki mayhem.

God drat man, i have been trying this poo poo, and I cannot grind that much where I am. Got from rank 111 or so to rank 130 and I'm going numb. Don't want to completely burn out of the game, but it is intriguing!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

God drat man, i have been trying this poo poo, and I cannot grind that much where I am. Got from rank 111 or so to rank 130 and I'm going numb. Don't want to completely burn out of the game, but it is intriguing!

I pretty much took a long break from the game (only logged in to get my daily bonuses) and then came back when the World Tournaments started since the game insisted on never giving me SSR's. It made for more fun after being away for a while and a way to guarantee SSR's given a specific input of effort and dragon stones is much nicer than spending 250 dragon stones and not getting any SSR.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Going off of dbz.space, looks like we have a reprise of Strongest Rivals (Cooler) coming up. After that, it's the re-run of the Saiyaman event. Then maybe Metal Cooler? Looks like the missions are translated.

It looks like the opposite of Tree of Might. Kill dozens of Meta-Coolers for a handful of awakening medals!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 27, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

It looks like the opposite of Tree of Might. Kill dozens of Meta-Coolers for a handful of awakening medals!

I'm already up to 333 fruit medals without even trying to grind for them.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm already up to 333 fruit medals without even trying to grind for them.

I tried that challenge to defeat Turles on Z-Hard with an all AGL team.

Very first turn Turles one hit kills my UR SSGSS Vegeta. :saddowns:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

I pretty much took a long break from the game (only logged in to get my daily bonuses) and then came back when the World Tournaments started since the game insisted on never giving me SSR's. It made for more fun after being away for a while and a way to guarantee SSR's given a specific input of effort and dragon stones is much nicer than spending 250 dragon stones and not getting any SSR.

I think I may do this after the 1/2 stamina is over. I lost a lot of stones and like two dollars on absolute garbage. Literally the best non-repeat card I got was radditz in the past month. And none of the repeats were SSR.

Grinding for android medals against general blue isn't so bad. Savior is way too long and unchallenging at this point.

gently caress a Goku medal though. Awakened 13 is not that good of a card for me to run wayward champion 50 times.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I know we just got Tree of Might but I hope they put out some more main quests soon. I realized after finally getting around to getting Bojack and Gohan's awakening medals that I've pretty much run out of poo poo to do.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Nah, looking for first-tier INT medals. So, I'm running the poo poo out of the daily today.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
66 fruits now (the support item). Looks like Crumbling Earth (Hard) is the best stage for farming it since there's a guaranteed silver blue capsule.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

66 fruits now (the support item). Looks like Crumbling Earth (Hard) is the best stage for farming it since there's a guaranteed silver blue capsule.

Yeah, that's what I've found. I'm up to 37 44. I'm up to 11 Daiz, too. You can actually get 3 a run, if you're lucky.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 27, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Squallege posted:

I know we just got Tree of Might but I hope they put out some more main quests soon. I realized after finally getting around to getting Bojack and Gohan's awakening medals that I've pretty much run out of poo poo to do.

Grind to at least rank 200 then for WT goodness? I found that I can grind the RR Army last mission on Z-Hard while paying VERY little attention rather safely and it only takes about 3-4 runs to level.

Only did it enough times to get about 20-30 levels, but it went along fast enough.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The new Digimon Heroes game came out today. I'm not far enough in to have a solid opinion on it, but it is Digimon, which I enjoy.

The free pull for me has been Tailmon (Gatomon) 3 times in a row, so I'm assuming you're just supposed to get her. If anyone wants to keep re-rolling to prove me wrong, feel free, but I suspect she's set in stone. It makes sense, since she evolved into Angewomon, who walks you through the tutorial.

It plays almost exactly like PAD, except instead of matching 3 gems, you match colored/numbered cards.

Edit: On DBZ news, cashed in my tournament tickets, got a General Blue and my 3rd Bulma from the DB machine, and motherfucking INT Adult SS Gohan. Hello new leader for my Super Saiyan and Z Fighter teams.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 27, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks for the heads-up, was waiting for that Digimon game.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I really want to enjoy Digimon Heroes, but at least when it comes to presentation Dokkan Battle solidly ruined others in the genre for me. If the game could nail the feeling of digimon as solidly as Dokkan makes everything feel Gokutastic, I think I'd be drawn to it far more.

Digimon rules, though, so I'm still gonna poke away at it to see what kind of teams I can draw up.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Right now, I'm leading with Tailmon, along with Agumon, Tentomon, Devimon, and Kokuwamon.
My Agumon is already ready to digivolve, I'm just short fusion materials. You have to have certain elements at a certain level, in Agu's case, you need a Level 5 red type, a level 2 blue type, and like 5 of the dragon evolution items.
Not sure if those are minimum levels or fixed. Presumably minimum

Friend ID is 398678047 if anyone wants to add me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, sure I'll give Digimon Heroes a chance. 718983985

Sprung for the starter pack for Apollomon and a few pulls and got a 9* Hisyaryumon and a 6* Anubimon. Never heard of either of these, but one's a big fuckoff dragon and the other's a creepy Egyptian angel-thing, which is pretty legit. Also, I actually have room to run all of this poo poo, unlike loving Treasure Cruise.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 28, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Summoning hasn't been kind to me lately.

At least I got the Dokkanable Krillin, I guess?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, sure I'll give Digimon Heroes a chance. 718983985

Sprung for the starter pack for Apollomon and a few pulls and got a 9* Hisyaryumon and a 6* Anubimon. Never heard of either of these, but one's a big fuckoff dragon and the other's a creepy Egyptian angel-thing, which is pretty legit. Also, I actually have room to run all of this poo poo, unlike loving Treasure Cruise.

It's telling me you can't be found. Might be some sort of bug, or it's one of those "you have to be online at the same time" deals? I dunno.

I haven't spent any money on packs yet, waiting to get my car looked at to see what's wrong with it, but I plan on buying some packs afterwards.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

It's telling me you can't be found. Might be some sort of bug, or it's one of those "you have to be online at the same time" deals? I dunno.

I haven't spent any money on packs yet, waiting to get my car looked at to see what's wrong with it, but I plan on buying some packs afterwards.

I had the same problem finding you. Though, this game doesn't have the same pizzazz as Dokkan. I can't see myself getting as into it, since it seems so much shallower in terms of team building. Least it runs on rooted devices.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I agree it seems about as shallow as a kiddie pool, but, I do love me some Digimon, so this'll hold me over until the Vita game comes out next month.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Broly event coming soon. Maintenance Friday.... so maybe then?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's probably just the patch that adds Blazing Battle. Sounds like they're doing Saiyaman again first.

Also holy poo poo, a use for SSJ TEQ Vegeta. Not that I have the medals to awaken him.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 28, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hold the presses, stop the pulls - This is the event you've been waiting for, even if you have an intense dislike for Broly (who is broken as gently caress, if you haven't guessed it from every word I've written about him). There are 3 other amazing SSR coming with the Gacha, its gonna be good.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Wuxi posted:

Hold the presses, stop the pulls - This is the event you've been waiting for, even if you have an intense dislike for Broly (who is broken as gently caress, if you haven't guessed it from every word I've written about him). There are 3 other amazing SSR coming with the Gacha, its gonna be good.

I just dropped 100 stones trying to get Ultimate Gohan with no luck, goddamnit.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wish I would have known I needed TEQ medals. Still need to awaken TEQ SSJ Vegeta and Mighty Mask.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I honestly won't bother with anyone but the Saiyamans + maybe TEQ SSR Goku. I either get a few more Burning Fight cards from the Gacha or just try it with those + my Over in a Flash crew.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, the link makes him a bit more viable and let's him pair better with SSJ Goku, both AGL and TEQ. Also, apparently he has an eventual LR, which I didn't know.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So do only characters with the link do damage to Broly, or is it as long as the link is active everyone that turn can hurt him?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So do only characters with the link do damage to Broly, or is it as long as the link is active everyone that turn can hurt him?

I believe the links minimize his stupid regen?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Only characters with the link (and the passive obv). Supers do damage though.

Webbeh posted:

I believe the links minimize his stupid regen?

Regen is Cell, the next LR event. Brolys gimmick is damage reduction and high damage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm going to guess that we're not going to get Broly for a while, it seems like they're going to give us at least a Saiyaman retread event.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Too bad you can't run both of those SSR Gokus at the same time. Otherwise I'd have 5 characters maxed and ready to go.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Wuxi posted:

I have 51 stones after the WT stones and the flush of stones I've gotten from the half year celebration. Figured I would be better off to wait for a new event before pulling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

I'm going to guess that we're not going to get Broly for a while, it seems like they're going to give us at least a Saiyaman retread event.

Maybe a King Vegeta, too.