Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Venom Snake posted:

this crazy internet guy has been streaming the local news and they are talking about militia are the hospital and it being on lock down

They were saying the hospital was on lockdown back when the arrests were first made and a couple of the guys were shot and in critical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The "hospital on lockdown" news is hours old.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Valtonen posted:

However when your gear is walmart tactilol plus ten gallons of bud lite And ranch mic, your pack isnt really ease it Either

Hey man, that's for hydration purposes only roger?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

The-Mole posted:

"THIS IS GHOST PATRIOT"

Seriously if any of you aren't watching this sov-cit militia cspan amateur hour show, you gotta get in on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

This poo poo is great.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the latest they were talking about the feds had surrounded the hospital but it's hard to filter out all the insane crazyness

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

the latest they were talking about the feds had surrounded the hospital but it's hard to filter out all the insane crazyness

i am pretty sure none of these feeds have any information from people actually on the scene.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
"Simmer in the blood". These guys need jobs & meaner parents.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Maneki Neko posted:

To be fair, Denny's is one of the better places to eat in Fairbanks.

Sadly true.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BUG JUG posted:

i am pretty sure none of these feeds have any information from people actually on the scene.

that defendyourbase guy has those videos of him on the refuge crying about being ready to die

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Sadly true.

ugh and i wanted to go to alaska

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Venom Snake posted:

Its actually not hard to not treat crazy people like sources of information

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The caller on the Sovcit show is actually all right, he's imploring people to get involved in local politics instead of storming in with guns and poo poo.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

Its actually not hard to not treat crazy people like sources of information

but it's fun to act like it's happening

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean like yeah I know a 1000 militia members are not going to going to march out and fight the national guard but it's funny to think about

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Apparently there's a convoy of bearcats on the way to the refuge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

1st AD posted:

The caller on the Sovcit show is actually all right, he's imploring people to get involved in local politics instead of storming in with guns and poo poo.

I mean, he didn't seem to be against storming in with guns. He just wants you to go to city council meetings first and THEN grab your gun when that doesn't work.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Well, that's one way to celebrate your birthday.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, he didn't seem to be against storming in with guns. He just wants you to go to city council meetings first and THEN grab your gun when that doesn't work.

That's a lot more nuanced view than the idiots occupying the reserve had.

Archibald Tuttle
Jan 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/LaurenKTVZ/status/692233801745993728

Looks like the FBI are rolling out.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

1st AD posted:

Oh yeah this is what local government needs, people threatening us and spouting random strings of obscure bullshit mostly conceived in their heads.

... So the norm.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

1st AD posted:

That's a lot more nuanced view than the idiots occupying the reserve had.

They just had it backwards and did the guns and THEN meetings.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

1st AD posted:

Yeah but that requires people skills

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

NewMars posted:

Apparently there's a convoy of bearcats on the way to the refuge.

https://twitter.com/LaurenKTVZ/status/692233801745993728

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
They're watching TV news and talking about communicating over Facebook??? :ninja:

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise
So the hospital is still on lockdown from KOIN 6 in Portland, I would guess it's because LaVoy's body is there, and they'll have it on lockdown until it's released to a mortuary or sent back to Arizona or something to prevent press from getting photos of it.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

:getin:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ha, I think the streamer guy ran out of minutes, blames the government for his phone not working.

"Pussies, can't even fight fair."

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

technically challenged stream

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Oh christ.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
git sum FBI!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm SHOCKED that a local tv station has the news while all these SovRadios can't figure out how to work their shows.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Now the spitfire guy's lovely android phone is locking up on him and he's blaming the feds, lmao

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Shouldn't the thread title change to 'federal agents seize Bundy sons, Militia'?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

I have to say, congrats to the FBI for finally sacking up and taking care of this. I honestly didn't expect it (and said as such literally 5 minutes before poo poo went down).

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
I'm still waiting for someone to troll him into saying "Weedlord Bonerhitler" so I can give up on tonight and just sleep happily forever.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

this aggression cannot stand man.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

OAquinas posted:

I have to say, congrats to the FBI for finally sacking up and taking care of this. I honestly didn't expect it (and said as such literally 5 minutes before poo poo went down).

They're famous for doing exactly that. "Does nothing", "Does nothing", "Does nothing" [was working out how to do it the entire time] "gently caress you".

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

I love how the dimwit narrative is "the FBI got them all out in a place with no witnesses and murdered one of them then inexplicably decided to leave the others alive to tell the tale" vs. "you remember that guy who wouldn't stop saying 'if I get arrested I'm going to go down shooting' well guess what?"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

One thing I'll say is that it's still really weird thinking about Finicum dead. We've spent weeks getting to know these guys vicariously, learning their names and quirks and making fun of their silly hats. It's strange having to think about how the guy we were just making fun of for hiding under a tarp (and not even one of the really volatile, violent members) suddenly got himself shot by the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

So apparently Cliven is the one claiming Ammon called him and told him that Finecum was murdered.

• Locked thread