Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/bkerensa/status/692302368512167937

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Aww, poor baby. You had a month of free roam and didn't stock up anything? What a sad, pathetic sack of poo poo precious little snowflake you are

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SocketWrench posted:

Aww, poor baby. You had a month of free roam and didn't stock up anything? What a sad, pathetic sack of poo poo precious little snowflake you are

It's like they thought they had found the one wierd trick to beat the feds so they thought they would be allowed to move and resupply non-stop until they won the whitehouse, or something?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Santelli totally was a freelance crisis actor. He was more than happy to embrace and reinforce the fantasy for a bunch of mentally ill folks. When poo poo got real though, all the bravado switched off.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
journalist on the scene

https://twitter.com/JohnLGC/status/692331810101940224

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

prefect posted:

“FYI. I came home to AZ to visit my family,” Ritzheimer posted late Tuesday. “The feds know I am here and are charging me with Conspiracy to impede a federal officer. I need an attorney. My family needs help and I am hoping they grant me bail.”

Ah okay.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
@OccupiedBurns isn't one of the militia guys.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

quote:

@occupied_burns: Waiting game is mind bending. People want sleep, a shower, food. Food food food

Haha, these people crack me up.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Lol good luck on the bail argument.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Volkerball posted:

i feel bad for his kids. what's the loving point.

Daddy made some very poor decisions and now has to deal with the consequences he knew was coming.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

So how does the fringe right shift the optics to still win? "Inefficient gubment spent so much taxpayer money ending the standoff! :tears:"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Subterfrugal posted:

So how does the fringe right shift the optics to still win? "Inefficient gubment spent so much taxpayer money ending the standoff! :tears:"

Politically idk, but fringe fringe right dudes will be saying they murdered tarpman who was just standing there with his hands in the air.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Kro-Bar posted:

quote:

@occupied_burns: Waiting game is mind bending. People want sleep, a shower, food. Food food food

how is this for real? they have no loving food anywhere in their stupid play fort?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Wait. Now that the kids are out and the leaders have been arrested, the FBI technically doesn't have to do much again, right? Just wait and wait again.

Man, what an anticlimax that would be.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tom Guycot posted:

how is this for real? they have no loving food anywhere in their stupid play fort?
[/quote]

Jumpingmanjim posted:

@OccupiedBurns isn't one of the militia guys.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Politically idk, but fringe fringe right dudes will be saying they murdered tarpman who was just standing there with his hands in the air.

I've already seen this three or four times on Facebook.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I imagine now that the feds have mobilized and they're dealing with a small group of holdouts that that they're going to try and roll this up in one news cycle.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prefect posted:

Sacks full of steel and war, but no thought for the plow.

These guys are the worst Darkest Dungeon party.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

If there isn't at least one video record per involved officer I will eat Lavoy's tarp. The FBI is smart enough to not let them control that part of the narrative.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
How the gently caress did they run out of food with a month of preparation.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Anosmoman posted:

Turns out they're idiots!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
What about all that meat they were given?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Oh that's some weirdo tweeting weird things from the outside.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 27, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I guess they really loved those sausages, they left nothing!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

PROTIP: The guy complaining about being hungry is on the Counterterrorist team.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anosmoman posted:

Another question is how they run out of water. Place is feed by a well.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

atomicthumbs posted:

can we stop calling them the Bundy Militia and start calling them the Bundy Bunch?

Given that there are no more Bundys there, that's a bit of an inaccurate term.

Anyway, since people were discussing Finicum becoming a martyr here, I think that on that front he was probably, and note that I'm using these terms purely from the perspective of how it'll be perceived, either the best or the worst of them to die here. To most people, when his whole "foster care as a source of heap labor" thing comes out, sympathy for him should drop like a rock and make him work rather poorly as a martyr to the general public.

On the other hand, the sovcits seem to be totally buying into the "he was unarmed and on his knees" thing and are totally the type of people to rationalize away, not care about, or even look favorably upon his child exploitation, so he's probably going to be spun as some sort of loving man with a huge heart or whatever in their circles, plus whatever non-sovcit people either don't believe or don't care about that sort of thing.

Personally, I hope that his background spreads and his name becomes mud, given what he's done, as well as to prevent sympathy for the movement from spreading. It feels odd to be spitting on the grave of a man who's been dead for less than a day, but my sympathy for child abusers and terrorists is rather low.

Topic of kids, I was asleep for a while and have just caught up on things; people said the kids were sent out of the refuge, but that apparently happened before the FBI arrived? Who took them and where did they go? I hope that they're alright.

STAC Goat posted:

Supposed account of the initial arrests and Tarp Man's death.

https://www.facebook.com/melvin.lee.733/posts/1094937370539445

Says the traffic stop was with warrants. Claims Tarp Man tried to take off, crashed, and charged the cops.

Link is broken now; what was this? Is there another version up somewhere?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
An hour till dawn and the proverbial dawn raid :getin:

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
Anyone know where Cooper is at the moment?

e: vvv oh, at the refuge still.

Volkerball posted:

Which I think is probably among the best possible scenarios. Making the narrative that the guy, one of the key figures in the group, who said he'd go down fighting, surrendered at the first sign of trouble and apparently wasn't even armed is more helpful than "he tried to fight but they gunned him down". These people (and I suppose, principally, Cliven Bundy) have been so quick to tell the "evil federal government" story that they've accidentally told the "yeah, he pretty much only carried a firearm when the cameras were on, and even then it wasn't loaded" story at the same time.

Anosmoman posted:

Have you seen the size of these people? Fill the freezer to the brim and you're still out of food in two days.

Perfectly Safe fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 27, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

FBI tells Oregon refuge occupiers to leave as authorities set up roadblocks

BURNS – Law enforcement officers set up roadblocks Tuesday night around the headquarters of the occupied Malheur National Wildlife Refuge hours after one of the takeover's top spokesmen was killed and other leaders were arrested on a highway out of town.

FBI officials told those still at the compound, about 30 miles southeast of Burns, that they were free to leave and should do so. By midnight, few people appeared to have taken up the offer and the lights were still on.

Authorities provided no information about the roadblocks, but have scheduled a news conference for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in Burns.

Only a few people had left, said Gary Hunt, who arrived Sunday from California to support the occupation. "The rest have decided they're going to hold their ground," he said.

Hunt -- a board member of Operation Mutual Defense, a network of militias and patriot sympathizers – left the headquarters late Tuesday and talked to The Oregonian/OregonLive while parked six miles from the refuge.

Among those still there was Ammon Bundy's wife, Lisa. She told those at the compound that she took a call from her husband after his arrest and he described some of what happened.

Hunt said there was confusion among those remaining at the compound and he wasn't certain who was providing leadership.

The protesters anticipate that law enforcement will take action against them, he said. "They've got their observers out," he said.

In recent days, it looked as if about 40 people were staying in the buildings, including women and children.

Occupiers and supporters have traveled freely in and out of the headquarters and to Burns. Police have kept a low profile in the refuge area since Ammon Bundy and a small band of armed followers took over the compound on Jan. 2 to protest the federal arson sentences of two local ranchers and government land-use policies.

Police had blocked the primary route into the refuge – two-lane Sod House Lane – about a quarter-mile west of the refuge entrance. A large front-end loader sat across the road, with other police vehicles parked on the shoulders.

All had their lights off, creating an eerie scene out on the high desert with a nearly full moon.

The roadblock could be seen from the refuge compound and especially from the fire tower where the occupiers have posted around-the-clock lookouts.

The compound sits in a bowl beside Sod House Lane and includes office buildings, shops, a bunkhouse and a museum.

With Ammon Bundy and other leaders under arrest, it was unclear who was left to lead the occupation. Blaine Cooper and Jason Patrick, two of those involved in the original occupation and who have been active in leadership, were part of the contingent still at the refuge.

Patrick said early Tuesday evening that the atmosphere at the refuge was calm as people digested news of the arrests during a highway stop 20 miles north of Burns on the way to a community meeting in John Day. Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was shot and killed by police, authorities said.

Patrick said those at the refuge were preparing to defend themselves for a "peaceful resolution," but wouldn't elaborate.

The sister-in-law of one of the people still in the refuge told The Oregonian/OregonLive that her relative wanted to leave the compound because several occupiers were preparing an aggressive stand against police.

The family lost touch with him after he reported he was driving out of the headquarters in his personal vehicle, which the family said contained both long guns and hand guns. It couldn't be established immediately if he had been taken into custody at the checkpoint.

Besides the occupation leaders, self-styled militiamen and patriots have been living at the compound. Cars and trucks carried license plates from Colorado, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico and California. A Hermiston cowboy joined the group, bringing his horse and putting on a daily parade with an American flag at the compound entryway.

One of the convoys moving around the refuge included police rigs, passenger cars and armored vehicles traveling south on Oregon 205, past the turnoff to the refuge and continuing on the road toward Frenchglen. The convoy could reach the refuge through back roads spidering north from the Diamond area.

Other convoys were reported moving south on Oregon 78 toward Crane, likely heading for the Princeton area and the eastern road to the refuge headquarters.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/fbi_tells_oregon_refuge_occupi.html#incart_maj-story-1

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

UPDATE (4:30 A.M.): FBI officials have established checkpoints around the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge as a handful of armed militants remain inside.
FBI officials say any vehicles approaching the checkpoints will be stopped and searched, and all occupants of the vehicles must present identification. Law enforcement officials said in a press release early Wednesday morning they will arrest anyone who is not compliant with the checkpoint procedure.

The only people allowed to pass the checkpoints will be local ranchers, according to the FBI.

“Anyone coming out of the refuge will have his or her identification confirmed and any associated vehicles searched,” a press release from the FBI stated.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/bundys-arrested-fbi-oregon/

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

quote:

FBI officials told those still at the compound, about 30 miles southeast of Burns, that they were free to leave and should do so.

So the Feds aren't planning on arresting the rest of these goobers?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Interweb posted:

Pretty much all "free to leave" means is that you're not going to get shot the moment you poke your head up, IIRC.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Roland Jones posted:

Link is broken now; what was this? Is there another version up somewhere?

This is a summary of driver #2's story:
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/militant_shot_and_killed_while.html

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

It's not like you can cross the county line to escape the FBI. Better to let them leave and arrest them when they're away from their wives and children.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The Larch posted:

Pretty much all "free to leave" means is that you're not going to get shot the moment you poke your head up, IIRC.

TheMadMilkman posted:

It's not like you can cross the county line to escape the FBI. Better to let them leave and arrest them when they're away from their wives and children.

If that's the case, then okay. That line made it sound like they would be giving them clemency.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

That's fording the river. Knowing these guys, they wanted to cock the wagon.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
DefendYourBase has a live stream going from inside the refuge. Kind of boring, occasionally talking about prep'ing for their last stand ("they're gonna come from the sunrise, but watch your 6" etc). Right now it's coffee and muffins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAKQcMb8RNc

e: i'm just assuming he'll be streaming if/when the FBI actually rolls in

JehovahsWetness fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

TheMadMilkman posted:

Yeah, it sounds more like "if you don't leave now, then it won't go well for you", rather than "off you go, no harm, no foul".

Certainly can't imagine their letting Cooper go.

• Locked thread