Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

queserasera posted:

Isn't mastering the blockchain a euphemism for premarital sex? Or am I just doing it wrong?

I think it's a bitcoin thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Man, that's a dark loving universe when your last hope is a 120-pound virgin nerd who bought a katana with bitcoins.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Man, that's a dark loving universe when your last hope is a 120-pound virgin nerd who bought a katana with bitcoins.

I'm surprised he can lift the sword, to be honest.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I think it's a bitcoin thing.

well poo poo, it is. I thought it was something to do with nunchucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSP-taqLWPQ

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://youtu.be/Gw6dlv9rwVE

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I am conflicted.

From Thailand-- stop bringing your dead-child-posessed dolls on planes, damnit!

http://www.businessinsider.com/bizarre-life-sized-doll-trend-sweeps-thailand-2016-1?r=UK&IR=T

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Scathach posted:

I am conflicted.

From Thailand-- stop bringing your dead-child-posessed dolls on planes, damnit!

http://www.businessinsider.com/bizarre-life-sized-doll-trend-sweeps-thailand-2016-1?r=UK&IR=T

Me too. I am not sure if that is some ironical millennial grave icon I am suppose to recognize as being an acceptable photo op while wearing jogging gear or what.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
This may be a movie, but it's so earnestly ignorant and oblivious I can't stop gawking. The worst bit comes at 2:09. Looked and couldn't find when it was made, but it can't be more than a few decades old at most. There's no excuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybMPaz9tTso

This movie is about the exploits of a real Christian missionary. How did he turn out in the end? Well...

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Today is a good news day! Apparently Tony the Tiger is fed up with furries.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._ref=weird-news

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Scathach posted:

Today is a good news day! Apparently Tony the Tiger is fed up with furries.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry..._ref=weird-news

They're grrrrross!

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

Me too. I am not sure if that is some ironical millennial grave icon I am suppose to recognize as being an acceptable photo op while wearing jogging gear or what.

Looks like a volunteer placing wreathes at Arlington National Cemetery for Wreathes Across America. Not really awkward... although it was probably taken explicitly for the purpose of: "I totally had someone take this picture of me in my yoga pants placing a wreath on a #solider #grave #Arlington #Christmas2015 #yoga #pumpkinspicelatte #somegaveall #grieve #grave #marble #grass #runningshoes #hair #smile #itotallylookfat #standingonacorpse"

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

This is the man who's house I knock on come the apocalypse, and then I take all his food and water and kill him, because I went to the gym more than him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I remember a guy mentioned on here who watched some girl play video games. He said he was always in the chat when she was on and he felt like they had some connection. He would crack jokes or some poo poo and he referred to himself as her sidekick like she was a talk show host. Anyway he found a chat log or some video where she was talking to a friend and surprise she was kinda weirded out by the dude and he was really hurt. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Was there more to the story?

Thanks.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

His arms are so skinny. Also I feel like he's gonna accidentally hurt himself with that dumbass sword one day :(

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think that's as high as he can lift the sword. He's trying so hard. :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Never skip outer strength day

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

oldpainless posted:

I remember a guy mentioned on here who watched some girl play video games. He said he was always in the chat when she was on and he felt like they had some connection. He would crack jokes or some poo poo and he referred to himself as her sidekick like she was a talk show host. Anyway he found a chat log or some video where she was talking to a friend and surprise she was kinda weirded out by the dude and he was really hurt. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Was there more to the story?

Thanks.

Think it was in the last thread. And it was not a true story. He just wanted to call an imaginary twitch girl a whore or something which still fits this thread.

Someone post the picture of that one dude's "date" with the live steamer where he cries because she doesn't share his affection.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:golfclap:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Someone posted the audio of a guy they knew who thought he was hot poo poo at singing in the schadenfreude thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PV3yuHX9o

Vvv his patriotism bubbling up! vvV

Rondette has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Jan 27, 2016

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

Rondette posted:

Someone posted the audio of a guy they knew who thought he was hot poo poo at singing in the schadenfreude thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PV3yuHX9o

what was that sound he made at 1:28 it sounded like he was slowly dying.and jesus that cough near the end was disgusting.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, the world is on fire and the barbarians (browns) are at the gate his precious buttcoins and inner strength will save us.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was unaware you could get inner strength by sitting in your room playing LoL and jerking off to hentai.

Though I will never tire of nerds trying to delude themselves into thinking normal social behavior is somehow wrong and that what they do is more time worthy. I wish I still had it, but there was a thing image I saw which showed a bunch of shots from clubs of guys and girls dancing and drinking, and then a stock photo of white woman and white man playing xbox on couch and the captions were "Why is this considered normal and not this". Which I thought was odd because the person who made it could find a picture of real people having fun in the way they were trying to disparage but couldn't find anything better than a stock photo for what they were promoting.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

twistedmentat posted:

I was unaware you could get inner strength by sitting in your room playing LoL and jerking off to hentai.

Though I will never tire of nerds trying to delude themselves into thinking normal social behavior is somehow wrong and that what they do is more time worthy. I wish I still had it, but there was a thing image I saw which showed a bunch of shots from clubs of guys and girls dancing and drinking, and then a stock photo of white woman and white man playing xbox on couch and the captions were "Why is this considered normal and not this". Which I thought was odd because the person who made it could find a picture of real people having fun in the way they were trying to disparage but couldn't find anything better than a stock photo for what they were promoting.

Maybe the reason they couldn't find anything more than a stock photo is because it's not normal. Ever think of that? :colbert:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

I think that just has to do with nerd persecution complex more than anything. With how many vidja james consoles there are being sold I'd say that "gaming" is a pretty drat normal thing these days. Especially when you look at how many people have games on their home computers or phones.

Granted that's probably also somebody that would disparage casual games as not real games and casual gamers as not real gamers. Which is stupid; sometimes I just want to click on gems and make sparkly things happen.

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.

oldpainless posted:

Thanks.

I think I remember the same story; is it the same one where he gave her a teasing nickname like "bunny" or "rabbit," like due to the way she took tiny nibbles of food? And at some point he commissioned art of her as a rabbit with him. And he subscribed to the tune of like $300/month to her Twitch channel, and at some point he became privy to the fact she thought he was a huge creep, but she tolerated him because money is nice, and he described getting off to the power trip of withdrawing his donation and watching her flounder to pay her bills that month or something.

The point is I think I remember the same story and I think it was a complete saga that ended him feeling satisfied about huffing off. It was in the last AUG thread, I think.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

It's all just the same old "jocks vs nerds" stereotype that's been around forever.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.

A Pretentious Owl posted:

I think I remember the same story; is it the same one where he gave her a teasing nickname like "bunny" or "rabbit," like due to the way she took tiny nibbles of food? And at some point he commissioned art of her as a rabbit with him. And he subscribed to the tune of like $300/month to her Twitch channel, and at some point he became privy to the fact she thought he was a huge creep, but she tolerated him because money is nice, and he described getting off to the power trip of withdrawing his donation and watching her flounder to pay her bills that month or something.

The point is I think I remember the same story and I think it was a complete saga that ended him feeling satisfied about huffing off. It was in the last AUG thread, I think.

I remember this too! the guy commissioned some insanely expensive piece of pixel art of himself and the girl as rabbits, getting married. either that or just pixel art of the girl as a bunny, chewing food? he was really mad that she thought it was weird as hell. who was he?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Captain Candyblood posted:

I remember this too! the guy commissioned some insanely expensive piece of pixel art of himself and the girl as rabbits, getting married. either that or just pixel art of the girl as a bunny, chewing food? he was really mad that she thought it was weird as hell. who was he?

I remember this, did she stream Hearthstone or something like that? He went totally mental on his power trip. Did she not have a boyfriend as well and he called it a betrayal, that might have been a different loon.

found it!

https://np.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/390khz/tifu_by_graduating/crzgn5n

Aramoro has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Jan 27, 2016

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

:chanpop:

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Aramoro posted:

I remember this, did she stream Hearthstone or something like that? He went totally mental on his power trip. Did she not have a boyfriend as well and he called it a betrayal, that might have been a different loon.

found it!

https://np.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/390khz/tifu_by_graduating/crzgn5n

Oh my god, the way he tries to make her out to be the villain is an amazing feat of mental gymnastics.

Creepy, sad loser posted:

just the look of utter confusion on her face would have broken my heart if I didn't know how duplicitous she truly was

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kill this gay earth.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Professor Brian Cox, no

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Pretty sure this is a joke and a good save by the green dude.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

https://twitter.com/dril/status/484722159462260736

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I think that just has to do with nerd persecution complex more than anything. With how many vidja james consoles there are being sold I'd say that "gaming" is a pretty drat normal thing these days. Especially when you look at how many people have games on their home computers or phones.

Granted that's probably also somebody that would disparage casual games as not real games and casual gamers as not real gamers. Which is stupid; sometimes I just want to click on gems and make sparkly things happen.

I AM A NERD WHICH MEANS I AM INCREDIBLY SOPHISTICATED FOR ENJOYING THE SUBTLETIES OF MY NICHE CULTURE LIKE STAR WARS, LOTR, HARRY POTTER AND COMIC BOOK FILMS AKA THE HIGHEST-GROSSING MOST-WIDELY-VIEWED MOVIES OF ALL TIME AND FURTHERMORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

the best one of those is this

• Locked thread