Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Is there something up with the tiers for Forza rewards? I've been stuck at 1094 pts to tier 7 for at least 2 months. (also remember to get your free money today).

I don't really care because I seem to win 1 million every 3rd level up. But it's just more not paying attention to their game (Monthly and VIP rivals events have not been updated since day 1 - except for the MP4/4 on Hockenheimring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
The rewards site definitely goes through stretches where it doesn't update for a few days (weeks maybe), but I know that I got the achievement for doing however many multiplayer laps in the rain during last week's goon racing and my rewards page has since updated to reflect that.

Are you sure you've done something that should grant you more rewards points recently? I capped out on the F6 reward points, except for a couple of achievements I haven't attempted to get, a long time ago.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BCRock posted:

Are you sure you've done something that should grant you more rewards points recently? I capped out on the F6 reward points, except for a couple of achievements I haven't attempted to get, a long time ago.

I don't know. I know with F5 and FH2 I up tiers pretty steadily. I didn't know they could possibly achievement-linked. There are a few that I know I can easily do so maybe I'll do them this weekend and see if anything changes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The rewards site has been super busted for a long while. I still have yet to receive credit for owning all the Horizon 2 DLC and I bought that stuff in November. It seems like at best once every few weeks stuff there updates, but even then it misses stuff. Turn 10 has been completely silent on this and many other things about their game; guess axing all the cool community-oriented employees will do tht.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I only got 400k, but I make so much Forzabucks in-game I don't care. I don't get cars any more.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 23, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A word of warning: maybe don't try to play Forza Horizon 2 right now if you care about your save data. Apparently poo poo is hosed right now and tons of people are losing their saves, like the entire first page of the Horizon 2 forum is people complaining about this. It's been happening for weeks with, unsurprisingly, no comment at all from Turn 10 about fixing the issue. The last time I tried to play it got stuck on syncing data for ages before it did finally load for me and my save was fine but I have not touched it since and won't until they fix it.

The complete lack of response to the issues in these games is staggering. It's bad enough that they tried to blame 6's voice issues on the preview dashboard when that was obviously not the culprit, but to be completely silent about totally game-destroying poo poo like this is insulting.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

A word of warning: maybe don't try to play Forza Horizon 2 right now if you care about your save data. Apparently poo poo is hosed right now and tons of people are losing their saves, like the entire first page of the Horizon 2 forum is people complaining about this. It's been happening for weeks with, unsurprisingly, no comment at all from Turn 10 about fixing the issue. The last time I tried to play it got stuck on syncing data for ages before it did finally load for me and my save was fine but I have not touched it since and won't until they fix it.

The complete lack of response to the issues in these games is staggering. It's bad enough that they tried to blame 6's voice issues on the preview dashboard when that was obviously not the culprit, but to be completely silent about totally game-destroying poo poo like this is insulting.

Thanks for the warning. I was going to jump on FH2 tomorrow to move up a tier - you were correct about the achievements and career mode. Got about 15 achievements and continued career and knocked off a couple hundred points.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Well, that's just fantastic. I thought something was wonky with Horizon 2 when I suddenly wasn't able to browse tunes for some of my cars without the game locking up, but at least I didn't lose my save (yet).

I also picked up Horizon 1, which for some reason I never played when it came out. It still looks great for a 360 game and is pretty fun despite the somewhat dumbed-down handling and physics, but I'd like it a lot more if most of the Horizon races took place on the actual roads instead of these really lovely and claustrophobic Mickey Mouse "tracks" built in someone's backyard. Also, I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the drivatars.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The first Horizon was a shitton of fun for like a week. Knocking out those multiplayer challenges with a bunch of goons was some of the best times I've ever had, we even managed to get the hardest one done with fuckin' Pope present somehow. Unfortunately the multiplayer challenges are what made that game fun and there were not very many of them at all and once you did them a single time you couldn't do them again. The career was kinda bland and a lot of the tracks do suck, especially early on. Later in the career you start getting a lot more point-to-point races that are better but still not fantastic.

If you care at all about DLC in that game make sure you buy it before this September; given past history of the series, the DLC will be delisted then. OTOH the only really cool DLC car is the RX3 and the Rally expansion was mediocre at best, so eh.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Horizon was definitely fun for hooning around on the golf course in overpowered Minis or Fiat 500s.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, I'm actually quite far into the career (doing the golden wristband races now) and there have been some point-to-point races which I rather enjoyed, but a lot of the stuff I have left is basically "Circuit Race #58, now with overpowered cars and 300% more 90-degree corners" and I really don't feel like slogging through that. There have been some decent circuit races here and there, but I really don't understand why this game has such an obsession with driving through narrow corridors lined with cinderblocks when it has a perfectly good open world to be used for races.

As for DLC, yeah, this is an older game and I doubt I'll be returning to it anytime soon once I'm done with the career, so I'm not spending any cash on DLC stuff. I actually haven't bought any Forza DLC since FM4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Got my 312P, it's as fun as it was in Forza 4. It's also starting to creep up to the top of various R class leaderboards just as I hoped it would :unsmigghh:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Now we can all race as Walter White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypevi14b46s

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Were there even any hints with this one?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Oh poo poo, and a week early! Must be because of the 24hr of Daytona, with the Riley being in the pack. And another IMSA GTO car!

Turn10 including a Pontiac Aztek, one of the most notoriously ugly cars in recent memory, is peak Forza, and it's great.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Were there even any hints with this one?

Nope. Not sure why.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Oh poo poo, and a week early! Must be because of the 24hr of Daytona, with the Riley being in the pack. And another IMSA GTO car!

Turn10 including a Pontiac Aztek, one of the most notoriously ugly cars in recent memory, is peak Forza, and it's great.

Its funny in the preview how they show all the cars driving, then the Aztec just gets some panoramas and closeups, then, it slowly pulls away. Great stuff.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well this car pack more than makes up for the kinda lackluster one from last month. I've been wanting the SVX in Forza for a long time and most of the other cars are awesome as well.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo the Aztec. I don't think there's ever been a more hideous motorized vehicle.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Can't wait to drive the methmobile in A class :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excited about the Daytona Prototype being added. I've always wanted that car in a racing game.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Can't wait to drive the methmobile in A class :D

Is it because Walter White intentionally wrecks it?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Is it because Walter White intentionally wrecks it?
Over and over and over and over again (I have the Breaking Bad barrel BluRay set and it's Dukes of Hazzard/Knight Rider/Christine/Smokey and The Bandit levels of car destruction) but it's just Turn10 being great.

My greatest wish: Stock Aztecs on Fujimi full.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Over and over and over and over again (I have the Breaking Bad barrel BluRay set and it's Dukes of Hazzard/Knight Rider/Christine/Smokey and The Bandit levels of car destruction) but it's just Turn10 being great.

My greatest wish: Stock Aztecs on Fujimi full.

The first thing I'm going to do with this car is add that little blue tape they put on when you get your windshield replaced.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Is there a Pollos logo somewhere in the Forza world that we can grab and stick on.

I'm probably going to add my "Braking Bad" breaking bad logo that I made a long time ago and stick it on the sides (that should be in the storefront somewhere)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm just sad that the PT Cruiser isn't in Forza 6 so we can't do Aztek vs. PT Cruiser races.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

The first thing I'm going to do with this car is add that little blue tape they put on when you get your windshield replaced.

That is hilarious and I might either do the same or make a messed up Aztec. I like the way you think.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
If only there was a secret upgrade to replace one of the wheels with the spare.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
My monthly reminder that I really hate people

"hurrrrr why they add bad cars to my forza game"

BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE FIND THEM FUN

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Top Hats Monthly posted:

My monthly reminder that I really hate people

"hurrrrr why they add bad cars to my forza game"

BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE FIND THEM FUN

But if I don't like something it shouldn't exist!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should go back to doing DLC that's 3 cars that are actually all the same, but with a different # and livery on the car. Those were the best Forza 5 DLC content.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should go back to doing DLC that's 3 cars that are actually all the same, but with a different # and livery on the car. Those were the best Forza 5 DLC content.

They're saving that for the Porsche expansion.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Holy poo poo the engine note on the Sunbeam Tiger :getin:. It's also a sporty car too, could be good in E or D class.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should go back to doing DLC that's 25 cars that are souped up VW Beetles, but with a different # and livery on the car.

Cubey posted:

They're saving that for the Porsche expansion.
Fixed

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Aztec can be somewhat competitive in A-class. Ran a few races with the v8 engine and was able to finish around the top 5, despite me driving like Walter White occasionally...

The new Toyota Carolla is pretty fun in A-class as well

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The Aztec can be somewhat competitive in A-class. Ran a few races with the v8 engine and was able to finish around the top 5, despite me driving like Walter White occasionally...

The new Toyota Carolla is pretty fun in A-class as well

Is your co-driver now bed-ridden?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

Is your co-driver now bed-ridden?

Jesus is my co-driver. Sometimes I let him take the wheel, poo poo happens.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jesus is my co-driver. Sometimes I let him take the wheel, poo poo happens.

But he built my hot rod :colbert:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

geeves posted:

But he built my hot rod :colbert:

Oh no, I was referring to THE Jesus. Not your mexican friend ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oh no, I was referring to THE Jesus. Not your mexican friend ;)

Oh, the guy who exposes himself to eight-year olds. Gotcha.

• Locked thread