Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Ammon Bundy and 3 chucklefucks got arrested. Preliminary reports are that shots were fired, and unconfirmed that one militia guy took multiple gunshot wounds.

:ronpaulitshappening:

About loving time. Also here is a funny moving image.

https://i.imgur.com/d6TRdlA.webm

https://i.imgur.com/8oGPu7Z.webm

Discount Dracula has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Fun extra fact from the Bundy arrest:

quote:

Later, right-wing online talk show host Pete Santilli, who has been embedded with the militia from the beginning of the occupation, was also arrested on the same charges. Santilli, 50, lives in Cincinnati.

Those charges being "conspiracy to impede US officers from “discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.”

Link: http://koin.com/2016/01/26/malheur-militia-law-enforcement-01262016/

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

Fun extra fact from the Bundy arrest:

Those charges being "conspiracy to impede US officers from “discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 372.”

Link: http://koin.com/2016/01/26/malheur-militia-law-enforcement-01262016/

Props to him at least, he willingly turned himself in.

The rest of the militia are trying to claim that the people involved in the shootout were unarmed, and that the tarp guy had his hands up and was trying to surrender when he was shot dead by the FBI. It's pathetic that they think anybody would believe that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Levitate posted:

Both Bundy's were arrested along with 4 other people and another was killed in a shootout with the police.

What's even better is that they were pulled over on Highway 395 because they were trying to go to a "meeting" some place 100 miles away.

Let's recap...armed terrorists take over a federal building, turn it into a compound and declare they'll defend it with force. You're probably breaking quite a few federal laws there and the only reason they don't go in after you is they don't want another Waco. So what do you do? You loving sit tight in your compound and live off your stockpiles while making crazy statements to the media right? No, apparently you pile into your car and go driving off and somehow don't imagine that this provides the police a perfect time to arrest your dumb loving stupid rear end without turning it into a huge gunbattle against dozens of armed terrorists in a fortified compound.

God loving drat these guys are dumb as loving poo poo

Well, the FBI and local police were also letting them freely wander around town and bring new people and supplies to the refuge. Which means that not only are there more people there now than before, there's also women and children who will get in the way of a potential raid.

I think they just finally saw an opening to pull over the car loaded with the Bundy brothers and some of the chucklefuck gang. I don't think they were totally expecting it to turn into a shootout.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Looks like the dead dude also made an appearance earlier itt, complaining about losing his foster kids who he called his "primary source of income". :clint:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The car was full of sex toys, too.
And one bag of dicks.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
nah the dildo guy ran away from oregon the day before

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/high-profile-militant-jon-ritzheimer-flees-home-to-arizona-hours-before-feds-spring-trap/

rode of into the sunset on a wagon full of dicks

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Slugnoid posted:

nah the dildo guy ran away from oregon the day before

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/high-profile-militant-jon-ritzheimer-flees-home-to-arizona-hours-before-feds-spring-trap/

rode of into the sunset on a wagon full of dicks

He gave up, too.

Currently we're at 8 militia people under arrest (Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Ryan Payne, Shawna Cox, Brian Cavalier, Jon O'Shaugnessy, Jon Ritzheimer, and Pete Santilli) and 1 dead (LaVoy Finicum). Considering that at least 30 militia members were positively identified by the Anti-Defamation League, there could be as many as 20+ armed individuals still there, plus unarmed women and children.

Pete Santilli called Blaine Cooper (the really crazy and volatile guy left at the refuge) on his live stream and was horrified at what he said over the phone. From the context, it sounds like Cooper is planning on standing his ground and won't even let the women and children be taken out before a raid. Pete was having a lot of fun cheerleading for these guys until he realized that they were actually crazy and murderous, and now he's making GBS threads himself in a jail cell.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/CAQWF8y.webm

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

LemonRind posted:

Best of Hot pepper gaming because nothing says great product reviews like having to eat a ghost pepper first.

The very end!

"...I'm so sorry, we really didn't film."
calm pause
"If that is a true thing? Everyone in this room is dead."

e: didn't realize I wasn't on the last page

chitoryu12 posted:

Ammon Bundy and 3 chucklefucks got arrested. Preliminary reports are that shots were fired, and unconfirmed that one militia guy took multiple gunshot wounds.

:ronpaulitshappening:

I work weekends and there's a ][][][% MOLON LABE chucklefuck who is probably going to be frothing at the goddamn mouth over this, it'll be glorious. He spent last weekend repeatedly explaining to people "And X number of acres is just a motherfucking drop in the bucket compared to what we lose to forest fires EVERY YEAR."

...as if the very real and persistent danger of wildfires isn't absolutely the goddamn-loving reason why accidentally (or 'accidentally') setting giant loving fires is illegal.

LonsomeSon has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Jan 27, 2016

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

So they are following China's drone recovery program? Cause its literally that, crash it in the ocean and then recover it.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Blackchamber posted:

So they are following China's drone recovery program? Cause its literally that, crash it in the ocean and then recover it.

Yeah. It's a very short-endurance flight, though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl2vbE8TzI4

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Wanamingo posted:

The rest of the militia are trying to claim that the people involved in the shootout were unarmed, and that the tarp guy had his hands up and was trying to surrender when he was shot dead by the FBI. It's pathetic that they think anybody would believe that.

You're going to need to explain this before being a terrible human being.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FAROOQ posted:

Police aren't allowed to shoot unarmed people.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Subjunctive posted:

Since when?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Well, they're supposed to try really hard not to anyway. But if one or two slip by it's no big deal.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i literally cannot wait to mock any conservative who complains about the police behavior

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAROOQ posted:

The Bundy militia very visibly carried guns around with them at all times, and the guy who was killed had previously said he wouldn't be taken alive.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Takoluka posted:

Since when?

Sorry, maybe that was too deadpan for the morning.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Wanamingo posted:

The Bundy militia very visibly carried guns around with them at all times, and the guy who was killed had previously said he wouldn't be taken alive.

not a valid argument.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

I was able to kick a smoking habit I had had since I was 14 by vaping for 3 months, so it's really hard to get down on it.

Same here. I smoked for 20 years, transitioned to vaping for a month before giving that up completely. Coming up on two years without either.

It really helps that while smoking is cool, vaping makes you look like a complete dumbass.

edit: There's a near zero chance that militia guy was unarmed. Their entire masculinity is built around guns. For a guy like that it'd be like leaving the trailer without his penis.

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 15:15 on Jan 27, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Subjunctive posted:

Sorry, maybe that was too deadpan for the morning.

I think we were both on the same page, really.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i literally cannot wait to mock any conservative who complains about the police behavior

Hey, he shouldn't have broken the law and then he wouldn't have gotten shot.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Same here. I smoked for 20 years, transitioned to vaping for a month before giving that up completely. Coming up on two years without either.

It really helps that while smoking is cool, vaping makes you look like a complete dumbass.

edit: There's a near zero chance that militia guy was unarmed. Their entire masculinity is built around guns. For a guy like that it'd be like leaving the trailer without his penis.

lol everyone i see smoking looks like they hate it and i wonder if i looked like that too when i smoked. some combination of burning, horrible flavored smoke combined with being outdoors in the freezing cold might have something to do with it

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:stare: What is happening here? Holy poo poo.

Starts out like haha that car is sliding down the incline, not enough friction to hold in place I guess, suck for the owner.

...then the entire embankment just falls over and slides into the river or whatever!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zaphod42 posted:

Starts out like haha that car is sliding down the incline, not enough friction to hold in place I guess, suck for the owner.

...then the entire embankment just falls over and slides into the river or whatever!

My guess would be erosion underneath the sidewalk created a sinkhole of sorts that collapsed, causing the retaining wall to fall into the river taking the line of cars with it.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FAROOQ posted:

Nobody has to explain poo poo to you, but hey look guess what

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/eyewitnesses-knock-down-conspiracy-theories-about-lavoy-finicum-dying-with-his-hands-up/

Also good news about the women and children present

quote:

All or most of the women or children left the wildlife refuge overnight, but some of the armed militants remain — apparently under the command of Arizona militiaman Blaine Cooper — and McConnell said the area was being “flooded with law enforcement.”

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Zaphod42 posted:

This was in Baltimore (last year I think?). It was just due to a poo poo load of rain that we got.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/eyewitnesses-knock-down-conspiracy-theories-about-lavoy-finicum-dying-with-his-hands-up/

Are women not allowed in the armed right-wing militia or something? What's with the weird old-fashioned "women and children" thing?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Children" should probably not be killed because they have retarded parents. Or maybe they should. I don't know or care.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Pukestain Pal posted:

This was in Baltimore (last year I think?). It was just due to a poo poo load of rain that we got.

The complete lack of maintenance on a 120 year old retaining wall had nothing to do with it, I'm sure, it was totally caused by the rain.

quote:

“The street caved in back in the ’80s on the other side of the school. We knew this was going to cave in because you could see the cracks getting wider and wider,” a woman said. “Several neighbors have called the city over the past year, they patched it with blacktop. But over the winter, because of the snow, it just kept cracking. I got home at 3:30 and there were already several cars, about eight of them, settling into the ground.”

“Three years I’ve been calling in. The city has come out five or six times and told me not to worry, that everything was OK,” one man said. “Now, of course, the guys who come out in the trucks, they don’t really know. They just come out, look at the situation. They’re not engineers or anything. They’re utility workers.”

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNluXrrHKY

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

ekuNNN posted:

Are women not allowed in the armed right-wing militia or something? What's with the weird old-fashioned "women and children" thing?

So the militants can claim the moral high ground if and when they inevitably get caught up in the cross-fire of an armed confrontation.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

So the militants can claim the moral high ground if and when they inevitably get caught up in the cross-fire of an armed confrontation.

they read the wikipedia page on Ruby Ridge and touch themselves

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

Well clearly women are allowed in or else they wouldn't be there? :v: And if the children are going to be taken out of the compound, somebody has to take them and watch over them.

I thought it was a bit odd that an earlier poster said "unarmed women and children" like every single one of the women were unarmed, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be at least one of em who likes to hold guns too.

But especially with this kinda right-wing conservative crowd I can see the men being like "okay you ladies see to the children while we fight the good fight" and send them away.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zaphod42 posted:

Well clearly women are allowed in or else they wouldn't be there? :v: And if the children are going to be taken out of the compound, somebody has to take them and watch over them.

I thought it was a bit odd that an earlier poster said "unarmed women and children" like every single one of the women were unarmed, I'm pretty sure there's gonna be at least one of em who likes to hold guns too.

But especially with this kinda right-wing conservative crowd I can see the men being like "okay you ladies see to the children while we fight the good fight" and send them away.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Zaphod42 posted:

It's kinda weird we've never had a situation where law enforcement has shot and killed a person claimed to be charging at them.

Seems like he deserved to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

FAROOQ posted:

It's kinda weird we've never had a situation where law enforcement has shot and killed a person claimed to be charging at them.

Seems like he deserved to die.

Man says he will not be taken alive, is not taken alive. He was a man of his word. Are you dishonouring him? Are you calling him a coward?