Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

What guy wouldn't give his dick electrical invisibility powers if they could? Phantom Limb perfected his growth accelerator machine off screen and gave himself another upgrade.

That is a possible explanation. It requires an assumption of events we aren't privy to, but it also makes sense. All I said in my first post was that it doesn't NECESSARILY have to be Phantom Limb's invisible dick for the joke to still work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It's not like many people find the penis visually appealing, even the ones whose orientation swings that way.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I'm pointing out that in that show with a shapeshifting not-Bowie, clone boys, and dog Hitler, there was a scene where Phantom Limb put his limbs in muscle growth accelerators and gave himself invisible arms and legs. There is not a scene in this show where he puts his dick in a muscle growth accelerator and gives himself an invisible dick. That does not happen on screen during this show.

Lol, you're seriously overthinking a dick joke.

The Venture Brothers: He does not put his dick in a muscle growth accelerator.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Lol, you're seriously overthinking a dick joke.

Yes, you are correct. I am overthinking a dick joke. I am discussing TV in a TV discussion forum.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Golden Goat posted:

The Venture Brothers: He does not put his dick in a muscle growth accelerator.

Next title right here.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

I still kind of hope 21 gets a chunky dorky foil himself at some point, or just hangs out with Monarch more for some more of that dorky back and forth snark.

21 and Hank would be great, and it still works as a Jackson/Hammer duo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Yes, you are correct. I am overthinking a dick joke. I am discussing TV in a TV discussion forum.

You're sperging really hard about the plausibility of something in a cartoon.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I don't understand what you're even arguing about. The Monarch firmly established Phantom Limb has invisible meat for purposes of pounding very early on.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I don't understand what you're even arguing about. The Monarch firmly established Phantom Limb has invisible meat for purposes of pounding very early on.

This is the closest thing anyone in this thread has presented to a credible argument for why it absolutely HAS to be his dick.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

BUT WE NEVER SAW HIM POUND ON HIS INVISIBLE MEAT!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How do we know Phantom Limb even has a penis? We've never seen it on screen, there's no proof. Wrap it up, invisible dickailures..

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

This is the closest thing anyone in this thread has presented to a credible argument for why it absolutely HAS to be his dick.

The insults of a petty ex-lover make a credible argument in your eyes?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dazerbeams posted:

The insults of a petty ex-lover make a credible argument in your eyes?

One of the greatest moments in the show sure does. Few things in the following four seasons have reached the level of "pounding his invisible meat", from the delivery to The Monarch's face and gesturing.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Cojawfee posted:

How do we know Phantom Limb even has a penis? We've never seen it on screen, there's no proof. Wrap it up, invisible dickailures..

You wouldn't see it if it was invisible, ya dangus!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

52 new posts, I wonder what happened show related?!?

Oh...

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

RandallODim posted:

One of the greatest moments in the show sure does. Few things in the following four seasons have reached the level of "pounding his invisible meat", from the delivery to The Monarch's face and gesturing.

:agreed:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cacafuego posted:

52 new posts, I wonder what happened show related?!?

Oh...

Come join us in this completely normal investigation of "Did Al pick up Phantom Limb's Phantom slong?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Dr. Girlfriend was pinned under Phantom Limb's leg. Al also picks up an unspecified invisible part of him. Phantom Limb is missing an arm and a leg the next time he appears in the show.

Just saying it could be his arm :shrug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dr. Girlfriend was pinned under Phantom Limb's leg. Al also picks up an unspecified invisible part of him. Phantom Limb is missing an arm and a leg the next time he appears in the show.

Just saying it could be his arm :shrug:

Just let it go dude.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

RandallODim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIvwQiKvkhI

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

"At that point" is regardless. They've fleshed it out now and I'm not going to ignore all of it just to make a joke work. If, in the three seasons since that episode, they've mentioned Phantom Limb having an invisible dick or losing an invisible dick or Al having an invisible dick, that would be confirmation of what you're saying. They haven't. They HAVE made the fact that Phantom Limb had to reach out to Dr. Impossible to regrow his missing Arm and Leg part of the show.
Didn't the Monarch refer to Phantom Limb's "invisible meat" in the Trial of the Monarch?

Yes, continuity is important. I don't doubt that it was originally written as a dick joke, but within the context of the series, Al picking up Phantom Limb's fist makes much more sense.
Not in that show it isn't. I've been saying "PLOT HOLE! AH!" ever since the revelation about Dermot and nobody paid attention to it! May I remember you that Doc admitted to not having had sex in 19 years back in the Qwymm episode?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

X_Toad posted:

Not in that show it isn't. I've been saying "PLOT HOLE! AH!" ever since the revelation about Dermot and nobody paid attention to it! May I remember you that Doc admitted to not having had sex in 19 years back in the Qwymm episode?

Well, that also might be the result of Doc denying/repressing reality, but I see your point. There's plenty of contradictions between Trial of the Monarch and Shadowman 9 in regard to Dr. Girlfriend and The Monarch's backstory as well.

EDIT: The bit of dialogue from Trial of the Monarch I'm talking about :
Monarch: And there's a whole collage of you and Phantom Limb.
Dr. Girlfriend: All right, fine! I used to work for him. So what?
Monarch: Holy crap! Look at your costume! What, did Frank Frazetta design it for you? It's tiny! I can see your dirty pillows!

Except that we know that the Monarch knows Dr. Girlfriend used to work for Phantom Limb and what costume she was wearing at the time, because that's how they met.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 27, 2016

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Please god next hiatus just lock this thread until season 7 starts.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
It's true that nobody in the Ventureverse is an eyewitness to the Sovereign's death. The OSIfolk know that Head Shot killed a bird, but that's as close as it gets.

That said, it's possible that Killinger knows.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

notZaar posted:

Let the man speak of plot dickholes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

notZaar posted:

I think the heat death of the universe will come before S7.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tarlibone posted:

It's true that nobody in the Ventureverse is an eyewitness to the Sovereign's death. The OSIfolk know that Head Shot killed a bird, but that's as close as it gets.

That said, it's possible that Killinger knows.

Killinger and The Master both probably know.

Also, The Master is the only other shapeshifter in the series besides The Sovereign, right? Their names are pretty similar, too. Like The Monarch and The Viceroy. Maybe Sovereign was a wayward pupil of The Master.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Well, that also might be the result of Doc denying/repressing reality, but I see your point. There's plenty of contradictions between Trial of the Monarch and Shadowman 9 in regard to Dr. Girlfriend and The Monarch's backstory as well.

EDIT: The bit of dialogue from Trial of the Monarch I'm talking about :
Monarch: And there's a whole collage of you and Phantom Limb.
Dr. Girlfriend: All right, fine! I used to work for him. So what?
Monarch: Holy crap! Look at your costume! What, did Frank Frazetta design it for you? It's tiny! I can see your dirty pillows!

Except that we know that the Monarch knows Dr. Girlfriend used to work for Phantom Limb and what costume she was wearing at the time, because that's how they met.

I think the point there was just 'it's been so long, I can't believe how loving skimpy that costume was'.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

I think the point there was just 'it's been so long, I can't believe how loving skimpy that costume was'.

Yeah, I could see that. Also, from a little later in that same episode,

Monarch: Holy crap! What are you wearing? Is that your Queen Etherea suit? You're wearing your old costume now?
Dr. Girlfriend: My clothes were wet, and he-
Monarch: I can't believe you're falling for that floating smooth-talking jackass! I can't even look at you in that slut slut slutty slut suit!
Dr. Girlfriend: I was wearing this when you first met me. I don't remember you complaining then.
Monarch: That's because I had you out of that rag within the first five minutes of meeting you. I made you the Monarch's!

This conversation implies that he remembers more than he's willing to admit during his original testimony. Also, the original dialogue I posted is his TESTIMONY, so it would make sense that he'd tell the story in a way that makes him look better (the unaware boyfriend having problems dealing with newfound details about his partner's past) than the truth (an aware boyfriend having problems dealing with that information being made public, even though he already knew it).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Is this real? Are you being sincere? :lol:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is this real? Are you being sincere? :lol:

What's your problem? I dropped the dick thing. Is someone analyzing a TV show really that unbelievable to you?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I honestly didn't read all the way through your post and thought you were still going on about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Nice! posted:

I honestly didn't read all the way through your post and thought you were still going on about it.

No, he's making sense now. It's all :cool:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Man I saw 60 posts and figured an episode leaked, boy am I disappointed...

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

What's your problem? I dropped the dick thing.

how do we know? it's invisible

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Machai posted:

how do we know? it's invisible

It's not Invisible, it just got sent 40 years into the future.

EDIT: Or on the moon with a whole bunch of rabbits and doves and playing cards and pretty assistants and some milk.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

I seriously regret not getting an OSI shirt. I would have worn the hell out of it.

Same here, that was the one shirt design I really wanted but I didn't get one, I even emailed them after the order deadline but they didn't have any extras. I got a Council of 13 one but it just ain't the same. I liked the OSI one since it looked pretty normal. It sounds like they put a lot of effort into the designs this season so hopefully they'll be more subtle ones like that.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Aside from the dick thing, have they said if Kim is coming back.

Side note: I don't masturbate enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Cloks posted:

Aside from the dick thing, have they said if Kim is coming back.

Side note: I don't masturbate enough.

They said to stop asking about her in the fine print of the T-Shirt Club thing

edit:

quote:

This email address is only for Shirt Club members and staff to conduct official Shirt Club business, however. Please do not send fan mail, hate mail, questions about Dean's hair or requests to "bring back Triana's hot friend" to this address.