Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Uh oh

Stephen Crowder has been radicalized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

theflyingorc posted:

ohhhhh snap he's basically saying "if we kill you it's your fault"

"... through criminal actions bring these consequences upon themselves."

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Why are there always people standing behind the speaker and doing nothing at US pressers? I've never seen this elsewhere and its weirding me out

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

theflyingorc posted:

He is extremely not wrong on the subject

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

While I won't deny that at least SOME of them probably want it that way, it is worth remembering that only the craziest of crazies are still at the reserve, I...doubt that Ammon would want to go that far, but I will admit that I'm not 100% certain of that

The thing is, if they didn't want them as shields, why bring them at all? Their stated goal was a shootout, or at least it was a thing they were supposedly prepared to have happen, and if they thought that's what they were provoking why bring the children? Either they never believed things would actually go that far (though that still doesn't explain why the kids were there still), they were hiding behind the kids as a way to dissuade a shootout, or they intended to literally hide behind the kids in a shootout. There is not a single way this reflects favorably on them, it's just a matter of exactly how bad it is.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

my dad posted:

Same voice, 3 times so far. :v:

I think the mic wasn't on before or something. :v:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

System Metternich posted:

Why are there always people standing behind the speaker and doing nothing at US pressers? I've never seen this elsewhere and its weirding me out

They're authoritarian hype men. WE BIG, WE STRONG.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

A Winner is Jew posted:

It would easily the best troll that Obama ever did.

Better than roasting Trump over the birth certificate poo poo while the Bin Laden raid was happening.

He wasn't roasting Trump over birth certificate stuff, he was roasting him over how hard it must be to make decisions on his reality TV show. Way better.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
no details on death of tarp man until medical examiner does stuff, they aren't even saying that it's tarp man

and yeah, he's basically saying "we might kill you, you should give up"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

theflyingorc posted:

Yep. Reiterated that point much more clearly just now.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
e: not actually a livestream.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

System Metternich posted:

Rap videos have established that it makes you look cooler

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Thump! posted:

They're authoritarian hype men. WE BIG, WE STRONG.

this and also everyone wants their 15 minutes

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"If you have questions or concerns, you got my number, bitches."

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 27, 2016

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

someone help me out here, did I read it right that the max sentence for conspiracy to impede a federal thing w/force is 6 years? or is that the minimum?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So they were initially arrested for Conspiracy to impede federal law enforcement officials etc.

What other charges do you think they'll be levied with and what crazy person will defend them in court?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Zas posted:

someone help me out here, did I read it right that the max sentence for conspiracy to impede a federal thing w/force is 6 years? or is that the minimum?

Maximum, but they could still add charges.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Zas posted:

The charge that is used to arrest and detain you is not the totality of charges that can be brought.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
That dude seems shaken.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

So they were initially arrested for Conspiracy to impede federal law enforcement officials etc.

What other charges do you think they'll be levied with and what crazy person will defend them in court?

I would absolutely love to see KrisAnne Hall try to defend them. She's gotta be disbarred by now though.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll be a long list once they get through Pete's and Fry's backlogs.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Aww man, the sheriff sounds really upset about the guy who died. It's kind of sad.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Local Sheriff? He didn't mention where he was from, but from his comments it feels like he's from the area.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Man I feel sorry for this guy. He just wants to do whats right for his community and these fuckers are loving all that up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"We don't arm up and rebel."

"This can't happen in America."

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Thump! posted:

Man I feel sorry for this guy. He just wants to do whats right for his community and these fuckers are loving all that up.

Yeah, he seems really torn up that he couldn't find a way to bring in tarp man without bloodshed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Thump! posted:

yeah the sheriff seems like a good guy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Log082 posted:

Yeah, he seems really torn up that he couldn't find a way to bring in tarp man without bloodshed.

he probaly somewhat feels for their cause or at least what he thought their cause was. now he is seeing them as the nuts they are.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Listening to the sheriff at the same time as those assholes are digging trenches for their last stand.... jeez

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, this Sheriff is really sad about the whole deal. He is not happy the way this went down.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Xelkelvos posted:

Probably some relating to the destruction or unauthorized use of Federal property (driving FWS trucks all over, the artifacts, cameras, etc). They'll probably have some kooky attorney volunteer, but the ultimate in schadenfreude would be that they end up with a government-appointed attorney. Some of the crazier sovcit guys might try to represent themselves which would also provide good comedy.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

radical meme posted:

Wow, this Sheriff is really sad about the whole deal. He is not happy the way this went down.

Who could blame him, he clearly loves his small community and this sorta bloodshed and bullshit is not good for a small town like this.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he probaly somewhat feels for their cause or at least what he thought their cause was. now he is seeing them as the nuts they are.

nah, sheriff has been around for a while and seems like a really, really stand up guy. has just been begging them to leave so they don't die basically teh whole time

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

SubponticatePoster posted:

Probably some relating to the destruction or unauthorized use of Federal property (driving FWS trucks all over, the artifacts, cameras, etc). They'll probably have some kooky attorney volunteer, but the ultimate in schadenfreude would be that they end up with a government-appointed attorney. Some of the crazier sovcit guys might try to represent themselves which would also provide good comedy.

I hope some government worker does a once-over of the courtroom before the trial begins and makes sure there are no fringes on the flags. :tinfoil:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

theflyingorc posted:

Ahh, so the FBI have switched to the Sherman strategy. :getin:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kro-Bar posted:

I hope some government worker does a once-over of the courtroom before the trial begins and makes sure there are no fringes on the flags. :tinfoil:
Actually they should fringe all the flags, bench, dock, and the judge's robes.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Thump! posted:

Who could blame him, he clearly loves his small community and this sorta bloodshed and bullshit is not good for a small town like this.

Yeah. I can imagine that if you are from a small place like that, the last thing you want is for that place to become known as a place where some massacre happened.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

nah, sheriff has been around for a while and seems like a really, really stand up guy. has just been begging them to leave so they don't die basically teh whole time

i didnt mean it as "hur dur traitor" way. I ment it more that he sympathies with locals plights but he wants them to do it legally. he seems like cool guy.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah, I don't know enough about the sheriff to say for certain, but I was definitely getting more of a "gently caress I've been dealing with these idiots for months and I didn't like them but I didn't want to see them die either" impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Any other choice quotes from the conference so far?

• Locked thread