Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Look is not often inverted by default in games unless you are on 360 and set it as a system option. As long as it has a toggle im happy. Too many indie 1st person games shipped without it recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Macys posted:

The Witness trip report:

- cannot change mouselook speed

Do please tell me more about problems with mouselook in your PlayStation Four game. :allears:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DopeGhoti posted:

Do please tell me more about problems with mouselook in your PlayStation Four game. :allears:

If FPS games could adjust it in the age of the PS2, one would think a dev could include it in tyool 2016.

Or are you just being pedantic about my choice of shorthand?

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Mister Macys posted:

If FPS games could adjust it in the age of the PS2, one would think a dev could include it in tyool 2016.

Or are you just being pedantic about my choice of shorthand?

It's cool, man, it takes a mature individual to talk about your sensitivity.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

univbee posted:

Ultimax is region-free, only the original version is region-locked.

Nice. Thank you for the clarification. My follow-up dumb question then, does P4A contain any spoilers for Persona 4? My backlog is mighty and I still haven't played that thing.

Armor-Piercing posted:

I bought Ultimax when it was on sale a week or two ago. It was only like $16, but still.

We thank you for your sacrifice.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

My follow-up dumb question then, does P4A contain any spoilers for Persona 4?

Yes. Extensively so.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Parkingtigers posted:

My follow-up dumb question then, does P4A contain any spoilers for Persona 4? My backlog is mighty and I still haven't played that thing.

Yes majorly

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ultimax contains mad spoilers for P4

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

DopeGhoti posted:

I assumed he was talking about the stick sensitivity? :confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would not look at anything Ultimax until you've finished P4. At least one thing is a major spoiler just by existing.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

We ought to set up some kind of goon play group for Persona 4 when it drops. It's a really good game (or at least Arena was) and pretty beginner friendly. I'd definitely be up for some casual games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ultimax is better than the first one, even if I'm not a huge fan of the Shadow character alterations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

mrEkli posted:

It's cool, man, it takes a mature individual to talk about your sensitivity.

Pfft. Too many syllables.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm really stoked about P4A. I gather there are 21 characters. Is there a lot of DLC that is necessary, or is the base game enough?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Watrick posted:

I'm really stoked about P4A. I gather there are 21 characters. Is there a lot of DLC that is necessary, or is the base game enough?

IIRC all the DLC is pretty incidental, things like alternate colors, different narration voices and unlocking hints for challenge mode. I'm pretty sure there's no major DLC like for extra characters and anything affecting gameplay like that.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Three of the characters are DLC.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Three DLC characters, one of which has a fairly substantial story mode, and then there's one DLC that adds the original P4A storymode. Everything else is cosmetic.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Don't be misled, there is only character. And his name is Kanji Tatsumi.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Three DLC characters, one of which has a fairly substantial story mode, and then there's one DLC that adds the original P4A storymode. Everything else is cosmetic.

If you buy P4A's story mode, is there any reason at all to go back and get the full game? I literally just finished playing Persona 4 for the first time a few days ago, so I'm pretty stoked about getting Ultimax for free, though I'd planned on buying the original first. For some reason P4A isn't on the European PS store, and the US one is region locked, so if I can get the full experience for the price of just a bit of DLC, that'd be a lot less of a hassle.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is no reason to play P4A if you buy the story mode, yes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Skjorte posted:

If you buy P4A's story mode, is there any reason at all to get get the full? I literally just finished playing Persona 4 for the first time a few days ago, so I'm pretty stoked about getting Ultimax for free, though I'd planned on buying the original first. For some reason P4A isn't on the European PS store, and the US one is region locked, so if I can get the full experience for the price of just a bit of DLC, that'd be a lot less of a hassle.
Nah, there is no reason to play the original. You could honestly just read the synopsis on Wikipedia and skip the DLC if you wanted, the important parts of P4A could be reduced to like a paragraph of text. e: Actually no Wikipedia is useless, maybe the SMT wiki would be better.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nickoten posted:

Youuuuuuuu got it

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I got the original P4A on PS+ way back when it was on offer, but haven't dug into it yet because I haven't finished up P4. Is that worth looking into since I already have it, or does P4AU make it completely irellevant?

Is there even any difference between its story mode and P4U's DLC of it?

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Nickoten posted:

Did Kanji get buffed in Ultimax? I wanted to believe in the original but he just did not have much to work with.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you want a DLC character, Margaret just destroys.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Harlock posted:

If you want a DLC character, Margaret just destroys.

Margaret was an incredibly fun character to play.

Elizabeth was before arc decided to follow me around and make most characters I like from them middling or bad, (besides testament, he's a beast)

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Does P4A ultimax have a new / different story than P4A vanilla? I don't really care about fighting games, but I love Persona, and I bought the first Persona 4 Arena just to play through the story stuff.

Do they still do the separate story for every character?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its a sequel, it picks up right after P4A. And no, there's one big story tree that swaps between characters as the story dictates now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 4 Arena was my gateway drug into fighting games and now I own two sticks...beware the lure

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The US is finally getting Breath of Fire III on PSN.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/01/27/breath-of-fire-3-psp-is-coming-to-psn-this-february

Caveat being it's the PSP version, but the only real differences were the sprite recolor for licensing issues, widescreen, and slightly longer load times that won't matter if it's digital.

$10 and works on PSP, Vita and Vita TV.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Probably an error of some sort but there are 2 need for speed themes on the ps4 store that are a penny each.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Phantasium posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/01/27/breath-of-fire-3-psp-is-coming-to-psn-this-february

Caveat being it's the PSP version, but the only real differences were the sprite recolor for licensing issues, widescreen, and slightly longer load times that won't matter if it's digital.

Hooray. I liked BoFIII a lot, but haven't played it since it came out in the US. Never could get into BoFIV for some reason.

Isn't the recolor for the Stallion Twins, as their merged form a ripoff of Ultraman or something?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rirse posted:

Isn't the recolor for the Stallion Twins, as their merged form a ripoff of Ultraman or something?

Yeah they're brownish on the PSP, as I recall. At least the merged form is.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Phantasium posted:

That's cool

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasium posted:

Holy poo poo! I've been waiting for years for a US release of the PSP version!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Phantasium posted:

My kingdom for a Dragon Quarter reissue.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I would like Dragon Force, somehow

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CaptainPsyko posted:

My kingdom for a Dragon Quarter reissue.

Well now that is out the way, we might very well get it. I mean we got Breath of Fire 1 over the WiiU, which is pretty impressive since Square publish and localized it in the US.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dissidia 012 has one of the worst tutorials i've ever seen. kuja is kicking my rear end and i have no idea how to play aside from the 3 or 4 tool tip screens that have popped up randomly and out of context

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Everyone buy BOF3 PSP.

• Locked thread