Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't wait for this to be over and get some shots from inside of the refuge and see the state these morons left it in.

I mean, look at these peoples cars, they're covered in poo poo. I saw someone praiseing them while occupying for having a focus on "daily Chores", and i doubt one of those chores was cleaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

OAquinas posted:

A drone can also stay on station for a while. Choppers are a bit more labor-intensive.

That said, hopefully that means they intend to end this sooner than later. But the tone from the FBI guy at the conference would kinda suggest they were going to dig in for a bit...who knows though. Now that the group has been isolated and pared down, they may go for a deprivation/stress strategy.

I would hope that over a few days the more reasonable individuals would decide to leave, but I don't know.

I'm watching the live stream. I'm genuinely curious how these guys have avoided shooting themselves. They seem to be pretty incompetent in just about every facet of life. My hope is that the FBI manages to finish this without a single gunshot fired, which would make their "manly blustering" seem even more foolish.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:siren: BROKEN ARROW! :siren:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

twistedmentat posted:

I can't wait for this to be over and get some shots from inside of the refuge and see the state these morons left it in.

I mean, look at these peoples cars, they're covered in poo poo. I saw someone praiseing them while occupying for having a focus on "daily Chores", and i doubt one of those chores was cleaning.

They cleaned their guns religiously.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Beef Hardcheese posted:

So, where are these guys? It doesn't look like the building they took over, is it the front gate? Or just some random stretch of road?

It might be on the other side of this hill, but I really have no clue. There are power lines and a service road visible from where they are.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SquadronROE posted:

And rationed snacks, and sorted dildos.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Camera holding logistics.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
apparently militias are coming from all over, so many militias you guys

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

random stretch of road, another group is supposedly at the gate?

Also they are talking about a seemingly larger group at the bunkhouse and a small group in the fire tower. No wonder the FBI is doing flyovers, the seditionists are in like 4 different clumps.

The guys on stream are basically just sitting around and jawing and not doing a good job of keeping watch at all.

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009

Thump! posted:

:siren: BROKEN ARROW! :siren:

Solid copy, 100 guys coming in for reinforcements.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SquadronROE posted:

Everyone masturbates.

Real men throw trash on the ground.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"Mean asses!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"mean asses" criticizing the stream.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TheMadMilkman posted:

I would hope that over a few days the more reasonable individuals would decide to leave, but I don't know.

I'm watching the live stream. I'm genuinely curious how these guys have avoided shooting themselves. They seem to be pretty incompetent in just about every facet of life. My hope is that the FBI manages to finish this without a single gunshot fired, which would make their "manly blustering" seem even more foolish.

Pretty much everyone that wanted to leave did before the 4am deadline they were given, the people staying are the die hard ones that won't leave and the FBI will probably have to go in for them.

And yeah, I would love it if the FBI rolled up all of their Bearcats and black helicopters as a show of force if it got the remaining people in there to surrender without any more shots fired.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

WaterIsPoison posted:

Solid copy, 100 guys coming in for reinforcements.

It's funny that they have been expecting this since last night but no one arrived yet, and they still expect it. Meanwhile, there were a bunch of people in town just this week, and others had traveled back and forth from other areas within very short amounts of time.

Very optimistic thinking. Optimism logistics.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The SEALS just made their tactical appearance on the scene:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

As a Millennial I posted:

Pretty sure this "Citizens for Constitutional Freedom" facebook page is actually unaffiliated, no idea where he's getting his info from, but https://www.facebook.com/CitizensForConstitutionalFreedom.NEWS/posts/1655588731381823

Isn't there 300 phonies for every actual navy seal?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Holy poo poo, i just saw Slenderman int he field.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ToastyPotato posted:

It's funny that they have been expecting this since last night but no one arrived yet, and they still expect it. Meanwhile, there were a bunch of people in town just this week, and others had traveled back and forth from other areas within very short amounts of time.

I wonder how many people got picked up while trying to get in to the refuge to reinforce. Considering at least one dude managed to walk in I imagine quite a few have tried to get in and failed.

Edit: Apparently I may be wrong about someone actually hiking in.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 27, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ToastyPotato posted:

It's just going to be like the battle of Helm's Deep. Just when all seems lost, Gandalf will show up with trees and poo poo!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Somebody let me know when the stream is functioning properly again. This is buffering more than an AOL video on 14.4 dialup.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Prester Jane posted:

I wonder how many people got picked up while trying to get in to the refuge to reinforce. Considering at least one dude managed to walk in I imagine quote a few have tried to get in and failec.

we're not sure about that. It SOUNDED like that's what they were saying, but who knows what actually happened

it could just have been a guy they didn't know very well

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crowsbeak posted:

Yes.

Also another fun fact: Real seal teams usually train along side the FBI's HRT.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Crowsbeak posted:

The third time I read that img I became convinced that these crazies think The Expendables is real and that they're the good guys who are going to be rescued.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
*sitting in a stolen federal building where the felonies are so thick you could cut them with a smith and wesson 6 inch snap action folding titanium alloy blade, armed to the teeth talking about war on the FBI*

Why is everyone so mean to me

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Would there actually be any downside to rolling one of the FBI's Bearcats up to the militants and letting them plink away at it for a few minutes? I'm assuming those things can take rifle fire indefinitely, and if they get shot at they have some more legitimate charges on them.

Plus it may show those guys how useless their situation is.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

quote:

you'reaidiot gently caress YOU TROLLS
:fut:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
"Is broken arrow supposed to mean anything?"
"it's like...armageddon...call to everyone"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

I wonder how many people got picked up while trying to get in to the refuge to reinforce. Considering at least one dude managed to walk in I imagine quote a few have tried to get in and failec.

People trying to get in and failing doesn't even make sense though, right? Because the only reason to go there would be to shoot it out with the feds, so why would a roadblock stop you? These guys have also stated that they are expecting people to shoot up the roadblocks anyway right? The fact that this isn't happening means that basically no one is even trying to get there. They're just as abandoned as they were on day 1 when they were crying about how no one showed up.

I am sure idiots might be getting turned back or something because they are idiots who just want to get close, but I am not seeing how any actual back up is part of that.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Where's the shofar???

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SquadronROE posted:

Would there actually be any downside to rolling one of the FBI's Bearcats up to the militants and letting them plink away at it for a few minutes? I'm assuming those things can take rifle fire indefinitely, and if they get shot at they have some more legitimate charges on them.

Plus it may show those guys how useless their situation is.

they're not exactly short on things to charge these guys with, why put lives at risk (even a small risk) to add to them?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yes.

Also another fun fact: Real seal teams usually train along side the FBI's HRT.

And this from the FBI's requirements for selection page:

quote:

HRT Selection tests for physical fitness, firearms skills, problem-solving ability, leadership, team compatibility, and other characteristics deemed essential for an HRT Operator. Types of tactical experiences sought include three years in any one team or a combination thereof:
NAVY Must have served in the Naval Special Warfare Community as a SEAL or Naval Special Warfare Officer.

Retired SEALs are coming alright.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Oh so Broken Arrow is 'Armageddon, call everyone'.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Why is everyone so mean to me

I've learned these milita men are some very sensitive souls

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Feds should pull up in an uparmored conestoga with speakers blaring the gently caress out of Sousa, dressed up in wools and tricorners and offer these true patriots safe passage and escape in the back of their transport which is locked from the outside for their protection.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

And this from the FBI's requirements for selection page:

Retired SEALs are coming alright.

:stare: good lord

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Don't worry guys, at the cusp of battle the Seals will turn their guns on the evil Feds and and

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Feed cutting out. Something about two gentlemen who appear to be together? The unidentified newcomers?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Iron Crowned posted:

It's just going to be like the battle of Helm's Deep. Just when all seems lost, Gandalf will show up with trees and poo poo!

The trees would then be aggressively logged and burned for the good of WE THE PEOPLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

ToastyPotato posted:

Feed cutting out. Something about two gentlemen who appear to be together? The unidentified newcomers?

:gay:

• Locked thread