Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Where's the Mushin traitor's guild for people who want to be blue so they can actually finish quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Pierson posted:

Holla at people trying Blade Master and finding it a little dry: It gets like ten times cooler when you get the Iajutsu stance and the amazing dodge at around level 15. Not amazing in the sense of being overpowered but amazing in that it looks straight out of Metal Gear Rising.

I got BM to 45 and I am absolutely dying of boredom, went force master and have fun now

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
so how can i get AA to work in this. Neither of the settings seem to do anything.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Finally figured out my input lag issue which is great because I was about to give up. I'm really enjoying the game now. Here are some patch notes for those poor unfortunate souls that are behind a firewall today:

quote:

Starting at January 27 3:00 AM PST / January 27 11:00 AM UTC, all servers will undergo maintenance for approximately 4 hours. An in-game notice will be given 30 minutes prior to the maintenance starting.

Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:

The amount of Hongmoon Keys and Hongmoon Unsealing Charms obtained from certain quests has been increased
Fixed an issue where the client would crash when using the Spar Request function in PvP Arena
Fixed an issue where the “Blue Porcelain” and “Scarlet Shade” costumes could not be put within the Wardrobe
Lowered the amount of Salt Lake Crystals required for the quest “Top Chef” from 7 to 5
The Healing Tonic given during the tutorial quest will now be bound to the hotkey 8 by default
Fixed an issue where it was possible to skip NPC dialogue by using the “F” key during a cinematic
Fixed certain chat commands (emotes) which were not working in French and German

Fixed an issue where items bought from the Hongmoon Store in French or German would display the English name in the mailbox
Fixed various localization issues

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:

We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Xavier434 posted:

Finally figured out my input lag issue which is great because I was about to give up. I'm really enjoying the game now. Here are some patch notes for those poor unfortunate souls that are behind a firewall today:

quote:

We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

noice

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Xavier434 posted:

Guild Wars 2 has really spoiled me on MMOs because it never has server downtime. What is this 2010 poo poo where I can't play for X number of hours because they need to do server maintenance once a week?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

UchihaHirou posted:

Guild Wars 2 has really spoiled me on MMOs because it never has server downtime. What is this 2010 poo poo where I can't play for X number of hours because they need to do server maintenance once a week?

No server downtime. No PvE competition. Level scaling so I can always play with my friends regardless of level and still have fun. Pretty darn good "mega servers". Perhaps the best inventory management ever at least for an MMO. I could go on forever. GW2 has a lot of bad poo poo that I could talk about too, but you are right. The number of quality of life features in that game has spoiled me forever.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xavier434 posted:

What was the fix?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Stanley Pain posted:

What was the fix?

It's...really embarrassing because of how obvious it should have been. I had recently configured my torrent client to automatically start up and minimize itself to the system tray. Linux distros I swear. Totally forgot that I did that. :doh:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bloodshade Harbor preview is up on the main BnS site.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

cathead posted:

Bloodshade Harbor preview is up on the main BnS site.

I think the twins are reference to bayonetta

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Ok what am I doing wrong when Im constantly getting owned by force masters in pvp? It seems like they can spam me to ice all the time and i can escape only every 20sec or wtf the cooldown on back step was, very frustrating. Not that the PVP isnt tons of fun when the matches are more balanced.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

So should I grind for the moonwater arena shield for my summoner?

Krilion fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 27, 2016

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
Thanks for the advice guys. Now I just need to get more dragon pouches for my bank. Where am I supposed to keep all the different clothes I get!

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Teaches of Peaches posted:

Thanks for the advice guys. Now I just need to get more dragon pouches for my bank. Where am I supposed to keep all the different clothes I get!

Do you have premium? If so, press F3. Place them in your wardrobe.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Krilion posted:

So should I grind for the moonwater arena shield for my summoner?

If you are on Red and on Mushin, trying to get it is a nightmare as every channel is blue dominated. If you're on Blue then go ahead as the red bases are usually being attacked on every channel so you can just hop in and help kill them for pouches.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Mao posted:

Do you have premium? If so, press F3. Place them in your wardrobe.

I'm not on premium at the moment, no.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Velveteen posted:

If you are on Red and on Mushin, trying to get it is a nightmare as every channel is blue dominated. If you're on Blue then go ahead as the red bases are usually being attacked on every channel so you can just hop in and help kill them for pouches.

Red on Old Man, which is red dominted.

3/16 of the way there. Oh boy.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I posted yesterday about finding another melee class to play that's a little more faster pace than a Destroyer (they own, btw). I tried KFM and just could not get the 1-Block down, got frustrated and gave up at level 7. Tried BM which ended the same way, failing at the block mechanic. Assassin was really fun, but again I just couldn't get the timing and/or understanding of the 2 ability. I sucked it up and made a Lyn Blade Dancer and so far I'm having a lot of fun. Not sure if I'm playing him right, but I have been basically building Chi with LMB and then doing 3 RMB attacks. Sometimes I'm mix it up and do a knockdown after a charge, then do LMB >RMBx3. Once I get my Destroyer to 20 and BD to 10 I'm gonna try out a Force Master.

One thing I did notice while playing is that the game really doesn't open up until around 17 when you can start doing talents. It's almost like 1-20 are the tutorial and then 20-45 is where it really gets going. I almost gave up on my Destroyer a couple of times, but after getting a couple gems for my weapon and dropping in a few talent points he's like a new character. Now I just need to figure out how to get more than 20 FPS when I'm out and about in the world, it'd be nice if I could get 35-40 constantly like I do in an instance.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish Arena PVP would just make you lvl 45 with all the talents available. They got SOOOO close to getting it right and then hosed up this one bit. Also being able to shift your stats similar to GW2 would be pretty drat sweet as well.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, I respecced my level 21 destroyer (so like all five points) following the posts above and it's amazing how much funner the playstyle got.

One complaint I have is that deleting a character that's level 15+ takes a full week, which is ridiculous. It doesn't take me a week to get to 15+ and it shouldn't take that long to delete. Especially since a lot of the classes open up around then or level 20 or so, and it's hard to judge how much you'll like a class until you level it up a bit.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Polegrinder posted:

I posted yesterday about finding another melee class to play that's a little more faster pace than a Destroyer (they own, btw). I tried KFM and just could not get the 1-Block down, got frustrated and gave up at level 7. Tried BM which ended the same way, failing at the block mechanic. Assassin was really fun, but again I just couldn't get the timing and/or understanding of the 2 ability. I sucked it up and made a Lyn Blade Dancer and so far I'm having a lot of fun. Not sure if I'm playing him right, but I have been basically building Chi with LMB and then doing 3 RMB attacks. Sometimes I'm mix it up and do a knockdown after a charge, then do LMB >RMBx3. Once I get my Destroyer to 20 and BD to 10 I'm gonna try out a Force Master.

One thing I did notice while playing is that the game really doesn't open up until around 17 when you can start doing talents. It's almost like 1-20 are the tutorial and then 20-45 is where it really gets going. I almost gave up on my Destroyer a couple of times, but after getting a couple gems for my weapon and dropping in a few talent points he's like a new character. Now I just need to figure out how to get more than 20 FPS when I'm out and about in the world, it'd be nice if I could get 35-40 constantly like I do in an instance.

As you level up with assassin you'll eventually get options with the 2 button.

Like if I flub the timing as long as 2 is still running I can hit tab for a knockdown instead of a re-stealth. The net result is my "Block Skill" gives me two different methods to deal with things.

My general combo wombo though is to just air combo every other thing to death/just generally stunlock/knockdown lock things till they are dead.

Like vs single targets I'll usually either do my charge in or do a tab charge so I charge in stealth. Right click for 1000~ damage (At level 30~) left click to stun, tab to launch left click to air combo, left click again to pile drive. At this point whatever I am killing is generally dead. Since my launch is down, I'll pick my next target off with another 1/tab 1 combo right click once, left click once to stun, right click again, then 3 to jump over it's head and re-apply stealth stun. And then .... whatever to kill it. Generally vs single enemies I just don't take damage. With duos I try and land mine early and often.

EDIT: In pvp I'd probably skip the pile drive part of the air combo in favor of setting up a landmine to knock them back down on the landing and I can use the down time from that to rebuild focus/restealth.

I have something like 5-6 tools that put people in a daze/stunned/on butt status. Abuse them. They are your damage mitigation.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 27, 2016

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Are Shanghai Goons doing organized pvp dailies on Mushin? I recently hit 45 in the overflow guild and have found world pvp pretty broken as a red. I used to be able to sneak on during work hours and get some quests in but now pretty much every channel has a 6 man blue party farming it. Organizing a responce is impossible cause the faction chats are spammed to uselessness by gold sellers, even after the last patch.

The pvp system is made kinda worse by you or your party needing to be the first to tag a pvp mob to get credit for it. So instead of just piling into one channel, the blue parties spread out to maximize their credit. It doesnt help that any of your npc guards are worthless, so trying to draw them into fighting in your base doesnt help. They are made to be farmed so they arent too tough to kill and provide no protection from ganks in your own base.

Lastly, pvp really isnt optional in this game. You need the soulstones to upgrade your gear at a certain point, and the money from the dailies really helps pay for the moonstones and upgrade costs. If you cant finish your pvp dailies you are screwed for soulstones and cash. Sure you can eventually grind the cash and buy soulstones, but its going to be a lot slower.

So we either need to get organized groups, or join blue till enough of us get 45 to switch back and start dominating some channels.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
World PvP is garbage in every single game I've ever played, the best part of this one is you can turn it off the vast majority of the time, the worst part is like you said, you need to do it to get those fat stacks.

It's not worth the headache of not just switching to blue on Mushin imo.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean mushin has the red numbers its just that we all suck because lets be honest the people that want to pvp went blue because they knew red was just picking reds because of how the clothes look. Now you have a set of clothes taking up inventory space that you cant use because you'll be murdered if you use it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I doubt there's any particular bias towards a color, but it's the inevitable result of the system they're using. One side seems to be doing better -> people switch -> that side does better -> more people switch etc. The only people who care to switch are the people who stuck around long enough to get to a higher level, so the influx of new people are the ones who are just choosing whatever's open, so the numbers stay balanced, but the people who want to do PvP overwhelmingly are going to gravitate towards one side.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Can you still buy Brilliant Viridian Keys with Valor Stones if you have premium. Thinking of buying the student pack cause I'm sick of Blackram Narrows.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Is there a set cutoff point for ping being too high for a KFM? I'm sitting at about 82 according to resource monitor, which feels fine for most classes right now. However, I hear that near 30 is what you want for a KFM.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Can you still buy Brilliant Viridian Keys with Valor Stones if you have premium. Thinking of buying the student pack cause I'm sick of Blackram Narrows.

I believe that was a CBT only thing.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Mao posted:

Are Shanghai Goons doing organized pvp dailies on Mushin? I recently hit 45 in the overflow guild and have found world pvp pretty broken as a red. I used to be able to sneak on during work hours and get some quests in but now pretty much every channel has a 6 man blue party farming it. Organizing a responce is impossible cause the faction chats are spammed to uselessness by gold sellers, even after the last patch.

The pvp system is made kinda worse by you or your party needing to be the first to tag a pvp mob to get credit for it. So instead of just piling into one channel, the blue parties spread out to maximize their credit. It doesnt help that any of your npc guards are worthless, so trying to draw them into fighting in your base doesnt help. They are made to be farmed so they arent too tough to kill and provide no protection from ganks in your own base.

Lastly, pvp really isnt optional in this game. You need the soulstones to upgrade your gear at a certain point, and the money from the dailies really helps pay for the moonstones and upgrade costs. If you cant finish your pvp dailies you are screwed for soulstones and cash. Sure you can eventually grind the cash and buy soulstones, but its going to be a lot slower.

So we either need to get organized groups, or join blue till enough of us get 45 to switch back and start dominating some channels.

I switched to blue recently. It was the best decision ever after doing a day of faction daily quests. I know this just makes things worse if everyone is joining blue, but there really is no reason to stay on red unless you just like getting camped by blue and not being able to get 14+ soulstones a day.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

The whole system is kinda poo poo in this regard. All the pvp dailies are actually pve targets, so its easy to just form a blue murderball and go kill them. There doesnt actually even need to be any reds around at all to fight against. And there is no incentive i have found to try and pick the underdog side.

The fighting system seems geared towards arenas too. Balanced at like numbers, but there is so much cc being thrown at you if you are outnumbered that you can counter the first couple, but thats it. And when you die you lose all prestige pts you had on you at the time. System needs some review. Game does ao many things well and then just wiffs on others.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.
Got my KFM up to 42, still trying to get a hang of counters. Is Shanghai Goons still full?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Some outfits are the same between genders.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

I feel bad for asking this because it's probably been discussed to death already, but should I be counting on a Brilliant Veridian Key form my daily boxes? I've opened like 30 or 40 and just keep getting water jugs and baozi, no keys to be had anywhere. So I'm wondering if this time would be better spent just running the dungeon and opening boxes with regular keys? I've done it 6 times so far and acquired 5 blighted swords(axe plz). Thanks game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

No, you shouldn't count on getting brilliant keys from the boxes. Just keep running the dungeon and hope for the drop directly, or keep using your regular and hongmoon keys.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
echoing the frustration at being red on mushin at the moment. can't do dailies at mid-day on a work-day because all channels are camped by a group of blues

e: its pretty ridiculous when i can just get grabbed from the safe tower with no repercussions too

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Switch, it's not worth it

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Rhymenoserous posted:

As you level up with assassin you'll eventually get options with the 2 button.

You should try Heart Strike to Tier 4 Form 1. Cheap and doesn't take you out of stealth. Stealth up to a thing and spam RB->F (restores Focus, usable after a Heart Strike). Use Decoy/Shadow Dance to regain stealth, or step away from the target at 1-1.5~ seconds of Stealth left and as soon as it drops hit Shadow Dash to restealth (for bosses and such obviously), it's a lot of fun.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DemonMage posted:

You should try Heart Strike to Tier 4 Form 1. Cheap and doesn't take you out of stealth. Stealth up to a thing and spam RB->F (restores Focus, usable after a Heart Strike). Use Decoy/Shadow Dance to regain stealth, or step away from the target at 1-1.5~ seconds of Stealth left and as soon as it drops hit Shadow Dash to restealth (for bosses and such obviously), it's a lot of fun.

I like the air juggle animations though.

Schubalts posted:

Some outfits are the same between genders.

What outfit is this, I need it for a future male gon destroyer with a burly voice that has princess in the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

What outfit is this, I need it for a future male gon destroyer with a burly voice that has princess in the name.

My Angel. It was just added to the cash shop. And speaking of the cash shop, the single-tone version of Pohwaran's hair has also been added.

• Locked thread