Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

quote:

We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

First one, I don't like, but getting to level 10 is pretty fast, so it's not a huge negative. However, I've seen actually quite a few spammers who have socketed their gear and stuff even, but just hang out in the first main town and are level 6. What's four more levels really?

Second one should have been that way from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lemming posted:

Switch, it's not worth it

yeah but i'm in shanghai goon and don't really want to leave it. at this point though i'd feel we could remake on blue and be back to where we were within a relatively short time

paging quiz

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If someone else doesn't do it soon I'll probably make one for blue side, invite some people, then foist off the leadership on somebody

It will be called Anime is Good

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Lemming posted:

Switch, it's not worth it

Welp. What is the name of the traitor guild on Mushin?

Hah. You posted while I was typing. I'm down. Cause at the moment its seriously blocking my ability to progress in the game. Though the name sucks.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Who do I whisper to get an invite to Shanghai Goon? I'm Tiny Funk on Mushin.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mao posted:

Welp. What is the name of the traitor guild on Mushin?

Hah. You posted while I was typing. I'm down. Cause at the moment its seriously blocking my ability to progress in the game. Though the name sucks.

Your insolence will be punished by God

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lemming posted:

If someone else doesn't do it soon I'll probably make one for blue side, invite some people, then foist off the leadership on somebody

It will be called Anime is Good

i'd rather wait and see what Quiz wants to do before creating a splinter

splinters never end well

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The Goon Collective isn't doing a very good job of being cohesive (80 person max anyway, but everyone's split between servers and sides regardless), it probably makes the most sense to just hang out with the people you have fun playing with.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
How long can guild names be? "Jay Wilson did nothing wrong"

a girl
Feb 10, 2012

Girl needs an invite to blue clan on Mushin thx.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Some outfits are the same between genders.

That outfit was very popular in the china version, specially with big burly Gon dudes:3:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Is there a way to set up the sub over their website or something else I'm missing? Otherwise it seems the only way to get a sub is buy a 10$ and 5$ or a 20$ package of their funbux which is...incredibly loving stupid. Especially because they charge you tax and it bothers me when mmos charge tax on their 'sub' fee.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Eimi posted:

Is there a way to set up the sub over their website or something else I'm missing? Otherwise it seems the only way to get a sub is buy a 10$ and 5$ or a 20$ package of their funbux which is...incredibly loving stupid. Especially because they charge you tax and it bothers me when mmos charge tax on their 'sub' fee.
You're not missing anything, it's blatantly priced to get you to buy more than you need.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Pierson posted:

You're not missing anything, it's blatantly priced to get you to buy more than you need.

That's what I'd assumed but was hoping was not the case. Thanks for confirming that.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm not going to be home for another five hours or so. I'll make the blue Mushin traitor's guild then if nobody else has.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Lemming posted:

I'm not going to be home for another five hours or so. I'll make the blue Mushin traitor's guild then if nobody else has.

edit: shanghai goon went blue under Good Jobbu, see post below

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 28, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
edit is not quote

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Since the patch I am having moments where the game just freezes. Party chat keeps on spamming by at the speed of loving light, but I can't move or use any abilities. It seems like lag, but I've verified I'm having no connection issues on my end. I am using Battleping. Anybody else run into this?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also is it me or the queue totally gone now? My Student pack ran out a day ago and yet I've switched character twice tonight with zero waiting.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Argument against buying outfits for real money. I got this from Blackram Narrows last night:

The shoulders clip the front of my face, the legs clip with each other, and it's not even centered on my character. I would have never bought it if it cost actual money. Some pubbies were in a copper-fed bidding war over it and I slapped down 30s on it after a few minutes. They apparently couldn't fathom that much money existed in the game (never mind dailies at 45 throw gold at you), and one person was so mad he left the dungeon before even getting his payout. I'll always remember that salt as long as I wear it.

and there will always be the people that will wear the Stinger costume forever because they spent hours killing some giant scorpion for assless chaps

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 28, 2016

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

Can I get an invite to the new blue clan on mushin? Ingame name is Heerui

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Riftling posted:

Argument against buying outfits for real money. I got this from Blackram Narrows last night:

The shoulders clip the front of my face, the legs clip with each other, and it's not even centered on my character. I would have never bought it if it cost actual money. Some pubbies were in a copper-fed bidding war over it and I slapped down 30s on it after a few minutes. They apparently couldn't fathom that much money existed in the game (never mind dailies at 45 throw gold at you), and one person was so mad he left the dungeon before even getting his payout. I'll always remember that salt as long as I wear it.

and there will always be the people that will wear the Stinger costume forever because they spent hours killing some giant scorpion for assless chaps

expecting costumes not to clip is asking far too much. my own love is that the free drop costumes are often better then cash shop

nothing here except the hair is cash shop, and it looks amazingly edgy

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Mao posted:

Do you have premium? If so, press F3. Place them in your wardrobe.

What happens after your premium runs out?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It becomes remove only.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Best costume is the wolfskin from the lycan roulette wheel. Its easy to farm, easy to get and its a blue fur coat! Only downside is everyone is running around with it. It also has a hood with wings on the back. On non-lyn females it looks like some kind of garish swan with hooves for shoes. Its terrible!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I still am not sure if I regret making my destroyer a Gon female rather than a Gon male. On one hand, I'm pretty sure their outfits have the most skin showing of every race, including some especially bad ones (why does the pugilist outfit make my characters tits huge and pointy!?). On the other, ever since I got the Ironfang Mask or whatever I look like an officer-level sentai villain in nearly every outfit, which is kinda its own reward.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

DemonMage posted:

It becomes remove only.

Ah, i thought it bound the items to a wardrobe sort of like GW2 where it's not an item anymore

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Pierson posted:

Didn't Microsoft get into a lawsuit for doing exactly that years ago?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GaylordButts posted:

How long can guild names be? "Jay Wilson did nothing wrong"

Only one space allowed, and at any rate that would likely be too long.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Rafzakael posted:

yeah but i'm in shanghai goon and don't really want to leave it. at this point though i'd feel we could remake on blue and be back to where we were within a relatively short time

paging quiz

Sorry, just got home from work. :v:

I've been debating with some of the other goons already at cap and we've decided the best thing to do is to just go blue.

We actually already had a blue guild for some alts and we're going to treat it as our new main guild. I'm going to have an alt hold onto Shanghai Goon just in case there is some kind of reversal down the line.

Our blue clan on Mushin is Good Jobbu, send a tell to Quizzical, Mash, Mashing, Drunken Master, Hustler One, Hustler Two, or Lambdadelta for an invite.

Edit: HOW TO SWITCH FACTIONS

Faction changer npc is marked on the map by a half blue/half red icon. One can be found in Jadestone, Yehara's Mirage, or Greenhollow. Remember to buy a new pvp outfit from a clothes vendor!

Everyman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 28, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I got my blight axe on my first run. Should I be continuing to run it to try and get blight versions of all three accessories? I got a necklace and earring version, and I assume I should be upgrading my hongmoon accessories about as much as my weapon?

PrinnySquad
Sep 20, 2008

It really isn't that complicated.

KittyEmpress posted:

I got my blight axe on my first run. Should I be continuing to run it to try and get blight versions of all three accessories? I got a necklace and earring version, and I assume I should be upgrading my hongmoon accessories about as much as my weapon?

I don't think every piece requires a Blight thing for accessory evolution, but I might be remembering wrong. But yes, always be upgrading your accessories as well as your weapon.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi mushin friends;

we're trying to get some 45s together to do some dungeon title achievements!

these include, but may not be limited to: Ramming Speed (kill devourer in 2 seconds in blackram narrows), Firestarter (kill Infernal Lord in 20 seconds in tomb of the exiles) and so on.

we have two people at the moment, so ideally we'd want 4 more. we'd be looking to start this tomorrow afternoon EST, but its whenever people can get on

just let me know (ign rafza) if you want in on this, its quick and fun and you get nerdy titles to showcase what a goober you are

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Endgame PvE friends, is having a tank specced KFM/BM really that important in the grand scheme of things?

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

KittyEmpress posted:

I believe only the necklace needs blight. The ring or earring was plague. Third one I don't remember.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

jaffyjaffy posted:

Endgame PvE friends, is having a tank specced KFM/BM really that important in the grand scheme of things?

For current content, no. I've cleared Poharan 4 man with destroyer and force masters tanking.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

jaffyjaffy posted:

right now poha needs a BM that can block-tank two tigers, so that's a thing

BM also needs to be able to block water charge from poha first boss....uhhh....i don't play BM so i don't know exactly what else, but those are the two key ones i remember

play whatever you find fun though

or listen to quiz who has done more than me ^^^^

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

By the way, I'm kinda curious. Is there even such a thing as a belt or bracelet in the game right now? There are two empty slots in equipment that don't seem to be capable of being filled by anything, as far as I can tell. Are they future items or does even korean BnS have two equip slots permanently empty?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Belt/Bracelet/Soul come from future content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
You can get belts and bracelets by doing the Pohoran stuff, I have some

• Locked thread