Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Begemot posted:

Well I can't say for sure but I don't see a situation where White Chain just gets cut up a little by the Thorns right after they killed Delicious for not joining them.

They gave her a group hug to welcome her to the metatron fanclub.

They forget sometimes they look like an inside out iron maiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bit of a tangent, but, while it's not universal, the ones with higher numbers also generally have more humanoid forms. Take 10 Vigilant Gaze or 12 Questioning Fate, compared to 82 White Chain, 75 Ambulant Blade, or 52 Holy Mists. It's not universal, as the mostly-humanoid twins behind Vigilant Gaze show, having lower numbers than the one above them, but it's a possible trend.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Cat Mattress posted:

It is a good generator, the first result it gave me was "31 Turbulent Gale Questions the Wrathful" which does sound like it would fit in seamlessly. I ran a few more tries and most were pretty nice as well.

i enjoy this one i got: 19 The Will of Ruthlessness Ascends in Bloodyness, Manifests to Ravage the Willful

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Where is this generator?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Where is this generator?

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=11447

11 Bloody River Punctures the Holy

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
51 Furious Song Defeats the Unrepentant

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
69 Boring Person Posts Random Word Stings

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
37 Goony Goon Shits on a Good Time.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

00 No Fun Allowed Ever Only Post What I Want

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
420 Blaze It Smokes Weed Everyday

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Renaissance Robot posted:

420 Blaze It Smokes Weed Everyday

It's quite a big number, I think this angel's reflexes and combativeness must have been impaired somehow; perhaps through substance abuse.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Here's a better generator, anyway.

http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8Vja9JPT

my favourite: 43 Dreaming Bloom Arrives in Humbleness, Born to Heal the Slothful

Hiveminded fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 27, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ha ahahhaha hey bravestofthelamps do you do anything that isnt whining about how people post in nerd threads. you seem like a wretchedly unhappy person and should maybe have that looked at.

oh, also i got 9 Painful Temple Accuses the Poor

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
32 Juggernaut River Subdues The Untruthful, which I will rejigger to 32 Juggernaut Bends The River Of Untruth

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
White Chain has the color of a human in the void.

What the hell happened to her? She's a hot white soul, not a cool black soul.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

White Chain has the color of a human in the void.

What the hell happened to her? She's a hot white soul, not a cool black soul.

well my first inclination is that seeing the animated corpse-shell of the foremost of your kind lurching horribly into sight while hemorrhaging what appear to be souls... is kind of an existentially traumatic experience. angels, being immaterial beings, probably have some pronounced reactions to that sort of thing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

ha ahahhaha hey bravestofthelamps do you do anything that isnt whining about how people post in nerd threads. you seem like a wretchedly unhappy person and should maybe have that looked at.

oh, also i got 9 Painful Temple Accuses the Poor

7 Don't Be Weird Dude

ElMaligno posted:

00 No Fun Allowed Ever Only Post What I Want

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
8 It Likpates

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I took a few spins on the generator and I think my favorite was "1 Endless Hand Vanquishes The Universe".

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

7 Don't Be Weird Dude

He is right thought, in all the threads I have seen you posting whenever people are shitpost and/or have fun you tend to become, to put it in very mild terms, an extremely poor poster who passive-aggressively backseats mods threads. So maybe your angel name should be "42 Shut Up And Chill Out For A Bit"?????

:shrug:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ElMaligno posted:

He is right thought, in all the threads I have seen you posting whenever people are shitpost and/or have fun you tend to become, to put it in very mild terms, an extremely poor poster who passive-aggressively backseats mods threads. So maybe your angel name should be "42 Shut Up And Chill Out For A Bit"?????

:shrug:

Alas, 7 Don't Be Weird Dude has been banished and awaits reincarnation.

I think y'all be 3 Goons Overreacting to Post, Causing Terrible Dissonance

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Seriously though, it's every thread.

And if every thread you post in has a problem with the way you post, maybe... you're the problem? :shrug:

Edit: To get away from posting about posting, I love these names. They're 40K as gently caress, and I could very easily see myself pulling out that name generator next time I run Dark Heresy or Only War.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 27, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shut the gently caress up you dreadful, sullen moron

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
This post:

I don't think it's worth a derail, but that's just my opinion. Even if you have a very shallow impression of me/a grudge, I still don't think it's worth it! I also don't think your impression about me is worth a derail, but again that's just my opinion.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Edit: To get away from posting about posting, I love these names. They're 40K as gently caress, and I could very easily see myself pulling out that name generator next time I run Dark Heresy or Only War.

In the grim darkness of the Wheel, there is only Want.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

This post:

I don't think it's worth a derail, but that's just my opinion. Even if you have a very shallow impression of me/a grudge, I still don't think it's worth it! I also don't think your impression about me is worth a derail, but again that's just my opinion.

In the grim darkness of the Wheel, there is only Want.

Be a Positive Pam, not a Negative Nan.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

191162 Add UserID to Ignore List

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Don't post about posters, ffs

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The thing is that you are like this in every single thread you post. I mean the common core here is you, but who knows maybe we will never learn why people like to give you a hard time...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So everyone's going to be calling White Chain crazy now, right?

IUG posted:

191162 Add UserID to Ignore List

Everyone else keeps responding to him whichever thread he starts making GBS threads in, though. He's like some kind of horrible nerdier Irish Joe.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I know, I see him in other threads. I've ignored him, and hope other people will too.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

MikeJF posted:

So everyone's going to be calling White Chain crazy now, right?

Everyone else keeps responding to him whichever thread he starts making GBS threads in, though. He's like some kind of horrible nerdier Irish Joe.

Her body didn't crack though, so I think the thorn knights are maybe the closest they've come to madness before. The question here is if her soul is going to resist the thorny impulses that are at the very least on her mind.

also lol

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:sigh:
*erases BravestOfTheLamps from the "bad poster" list*
*adds BravestOfTheLamps to the "Mediocre, but needs more work" list*

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

if he keeps working at it, maybe one day he can reach the level of streetlight

i really like the weird angel designs

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

:sigh:
*erases BravestOfTheLamps from the "bad poster" list*
*adds BravestOfTheLamps to the "Mediocre, but needs more work" list*

i did a joaquin phoenix as commodus thumbs-up at that post, but i was grinding my teeth really hard at the time

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 28, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

December Octopodes posted:

Her body didn't crack though, so I think the thorn knights are maybe the closest they've come to madness before. The question here is if her soul is going to resist the thorny impulses that are at the very least on her mind.

also lol

I meant more crazy at her claim that Metatron lives. I assume they'll all shake their heads and disbelieve.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Angels don't lie, though.

Fake Edit: but does that apply while they're in soul form? It might be a property of their armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please source your fan art