Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i bet he thinks he sounds like robert lee at appomattox right now but hes just a lil bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
On one hand, arrest the fuckers.

On the other hand, let them go back to being dirt poor poo poo farmers in the rear end in a top hat of america

Man choices

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

theultimo posted:

LAVOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
JENKKKKKKKKKKINS

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope they all die. Or not. I just want something to happen, and make this less boring.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mel Mudkiper posted:

On one hand, arrest the fuckers.

On the other hand, let them go back to being dirt poor poo poo farmers in the rear end in a top hat of america

Man choices

They don't have to decide right now. They can let them crawl home with their tails between their legs, then leisurely arrest them next month.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lolie posted:

I don't really think it's balls. I think it's a last ditch effort by law enforcement to get people to talk these guys out. One of the III%ers made a similar plea.

The problem is that the guys still at the refuge decided they weren't going to listen to anything from outside, so even if they are aware of these pleas they're going to see them "coerced".

I was hyperfocused on the "I am asking the federal government to" line. That is pretty juicy self absorption after all.

If it is a ploy to to get this all sorted without any more violence then I hope it works.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Sphinxster posted:

If it is a ploy to to get this all sorted without any more violence then I hope it works.

I don't

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lolie posted:

I don't really think it's balls. I think it's a last ditch effort by law enforcement to get people to talk these guys out. One of the III%ers made a similar plea.

The problem is that the guys still at the refuge decided they weren't going to listen to anything from outside, so even if they are aware of these pleas they're going to see them "coerced".

Maximum sentence for the charges they're currently facing is 6 years and $1000 fine according to earlier reports on Twitter which cited the legislation.

I'd be really surprised if that's all they got considering it's still an armed insurrection and hostile takeover of government property regardless of whether they shot anyone

plus I doubt the govt is going to miss a second opportunity to make an example of these chuckle fucks to make sure this doesn't happen again elsewhere

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I had a fairly good nights sleep, had some coffee, and checke kev's stream, still full of soroscrew types making GBS threads on the random bigots or what have you that pop up and moaning about tarp meme's.
glad I missed nothing of note.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Sphinxster posted:

I was hyperfocused on the "I am asking the federal government to" line. That is pretty juicy self absorption after all.

I'm sure he's well aware the feds already said they'll let people leave and won't arrest anyone who doesn't have an existing warrant. He just wants to take credit for it.

Robo Reagan posted:

I'd be really surprised if that's all they got considering it's still an armed insurrection and hostile takeover of government property regardless of whether they shot anyone

plus I doubt the govt is going to miss a second opportunity to make an example of these chuckle fucks to make sure this doesn't happen again elsewhere

Sure, these are only the initial charges and I'm sure there are plenty of other things they can be charged with. Might be smart to hold off on that for now, though, and let the idiots all believe that the "worst" anyone who walks out of there is going to be looking at is a plea deal for a short stint.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 02:48 on Jan 28, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^^ that is new information to me. Huh. Free to go?

Lolie posted:

Maximum sentence for the charges they're currently facing is 6 years and $1000 fine according to earlier reports on Twitter which cited the legislation.

Does that factor in the conspiracy aspect?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Damnit rednecks go back home and grow my food. Also I dont see these hillbilly fucks complaining about crop subsidies. Talk about government handouts.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lolie posted:

I'm sure he's well aware the feds already said they'll let people leave and won't arrest anyone who doesn't have an existing warrant. He just wants to take credit for it.

what they say and what will happen, are almost an exact parallel to what the idiot ditch diggers say: the opposite.

They will go out in a blaze of gloryholes.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Sphinxster posted:

^^ that is new information to me. Huh. Free to go?

Does that factor in the conspiracy aspect?

They've been free to go all day. it's been made abundantly clear. The FBI has told them as such every time they call the compound. These idiots refuse to leave because they want to claim victory, but also not face any consequences.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

staberind posted:

what they say and what will happen, are almost an exact parallel to what the idiot ditch diggers say: the opposite.

I did hear they can leave if the they go through a checkpoint. That does sound like the Feds want to roll around and scoop up people at home in Anaconda Montana or Knab Utah or whatever.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

staberind posted:

They will go out in a blaze of gloryholes.

im with whoever was hoping the guy using the backhoe gets hit for not having a license to operate it

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Sphinxster posted:

I did hear they can leave if they go through a checkpoint. That does sound like they want to roll around and scoop up people at home in Anaconda Montana or Knab Utah or whatever.

oh, probably way sooner than that, but its an option, the law has all the options, these idiots have none. but unless they start blowing their own heads off, its just a waiting game. where they happen to be waiting is irrelevant.

Actually, there is one thing they could do with a not 0% chance of success; ditch their phones, cover themselves in clay & attempt to crawl very slowly away in different directions for about 10 miles, then hike straight on in the same direction and hope they don't get eaten by snarks, then live the rest of their lives in a wilderness.

staberind has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Jan 28, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Livestream is back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCNe1Tr7EspiDNeeiJuXC5QA

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Sphinxster posted:

I did hear they can leave if the they go through a checkpoint. That does sound like the Feds want to roll around and scoop up people at home in Anaconda Montana or Knab Utah or whatever.

Two people are known to have left without being taken into custody. Blaine Cooper and Duane the horse owner. The Bundy's bodyguard was arrested and let go yesterday. Yeah, it's likely for show at the moment and everyone will probably get picked up on warrants later, but for now the strategy seems to be to entice everyone they can out of there leaving them with less and less "leadership" and resolve each time someone leaves without getting their head blown off.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The Sphinxster posted:

I live in Kanab Utah and I'm afraid to leave the house because of my poo poo eating grin today.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

sorry to crush your dreams but you dont need a heavy equipment certification to operate an excavator. tearing up federal land with one is probably illegal though.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/KGWNews/status/692526224627912705

Twitter chatter is suggesting that Jason Patrick did leave the refuge and was about a mile from the checkpoint about 20 minutes ago (he had to walk several miles to get there).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

InterFaced posted:

I live in Kanab Utah and I'm afraid to leave the house because of my poo poo eating grin today.

I am sincerely sorry I did not get the name of your town right. Kanab!

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

how long before pardoning them becomes a repub primary debate point

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So if anyone was wondering what it would take to make GBS root for cops...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Interesting, because 5 minutes ago Scruffy Mcpubestash tweeted:

https://twitter.com/RealDavidFry/status/692526560922996736

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Entropic posted:

well, either side shooting the other is win win, not its not technically For cops.
~irony~

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

Clearly a false tarp operation

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Angela Christine posted:

did you check how old that account is?

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Entropic posted:

GBS has always and will always rightfully take joy in watching idiots like this and people like sovereign citizens get taken down.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

staberind posted:

well, either side shooting the other is win win, not its not technically For cops.
~irony~

Without irony-- no one is actually rooting for the cops

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Angela Christine posted:

I swear David Fry is going to be the last one there. Everyone else will slink away and he'll still be waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

David is trying to find a flashlight and duct tape. Had 24 hours to prepare for night-time streaming again and didn't learn a thing.

Lolie has issued a correction as of 03:08 on Jan 28, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Entropic posted:

not so much rooting for cops as rooting against these guys

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

The Sphinxster posted:

I am sincerely sorry I did not get the name of your town right. Kanab!

Its ok. Its a nice town. A loving amazing town if you like hiking. Its a wierd mix of hippyster outdoorsy people and hardcore old-school mormons. I looked up that cox lady on facebook earlier today. We have one mutual friend and her wall is a truly insane mix of alex jones and mormonism.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

in the end it will be david fry and fatman huddling together in a closet holding each other close while both of them clasp hands over the detonator

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

staberind posted:

did you check how old that account is?

Fffffff

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Angela Christine posted:

I don't think he can stand down. I mean psychologically. He comes across as someone that was a complete loser with few (if any) friends before this happened. He's not going to give up all this patriotic glory and fame to go back to being a nobody with a lovely life.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

David Fry is gonna die before all of this is over. Either by his own gun or a cop's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Angela Christine posted:

well at least kylo /pol/ renn will die.