Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mulva posted:

It's also led to this strange situation where the staunchest supporters of "local control" have started passing laws to preemptively prevent cities and counties from passing their own laws and ordinances.

Nahh, poo poo like that's got a proud tradition including things like voter suppression in East Tennessee to ram secession through and the subsequent military occupation, the Fugitive Slave Acts making GBS threads on free states, and the confederate constitution mandating the legality of slavery. It was always there even when they built the local control lie around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

xthetenth posted:

Nahh, poo poo like that's got a proud tradition including things like voter suppression in East Tennessee to ram secession through and the subsequent military occupation, the Fugitive Slave Acts making GBS threads on free states, and the confederate constitution mandating the legality of slavery. It was always there even when they built the local control lie around it.

That's politics for pretty much the entirety of politics. "I absolutely always believe in X and we must do X at all times. Except when X doesn't benefit me."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

inkblot posted:

I remember watching a show on the History channel a long time ago that looked at the plagues as being a possible outcome of volcanic and seismic activity. Killing the first born was related to the eldest child having a nicer bed that was lower to the ground, and them being smothered by a CO2 cloud while the younger siblings had beds that were elevated off the ground. I guess the first kid got the bottom bunk.

That show was rad as hell I still remember it.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

A little late, but that Trump looks just like Gary McCoy's [emphatically NOT] Sandra Fluke

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog. I apologise for being late with it, but I was busy yesterday.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

reading about clive palmer: too hard
skimming it: also too hard
skipping to the end with the jokes: much easier!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Say no to the Batman

But some lives matter more than others.

If you tell a lie enough, etc.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Rorus Raz posted:

He's trying to stop the lies from escaping his mouth by strangling himself but it isn't working.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Repoters

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Krinkle posted:

He's trying to stop the lies from escaping his mouth by strangling himself but it isn't working.

Actually, he's just that worked up and excited that he's jerking off while choking himself out. Check the other hand!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rorus Raz posted:

Repoters? Are they people who once poted, and now are poting again? Is all that pot why this is called Weedwhack?

This is always an accurate depiction of someone's reaction to Galatian(man).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rorus Raz posted:

Hold the loving phone Weed is blonde?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Look at what you people have done to me. It started out with following this year's Gay Abortions, now I'm checking the newspaper's opinion section and posting my 'favorites'! (excluding a few already posted)

Phil Hands 2016-01-27.
Phil Hands 2016-01-19. It's currently 10 years old, sharing a weapon with a parent and the parent has to stay in arm's reach. Pretty reasonable way to allow kids to be introduced to hunting if you ask me...
Phil Hands 2016-01-17. I admit I'm mostly amused that we have a representative named Gannon, but yeah, he flipped someone off on the floor.
Phil Hands 2015-08-30. The Monona Terrace chairs are way more iconic of the place than chairs have any right to be.

Keiya fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 28, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

No way someone that balding isn't gray

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

RagnarokAngel posted:

After the protest by African-Americans for the lack of black representation in hollywood, people started talking about this again as an example that this isn't the first time this has been an issue.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUacU0I4yU

Some of those people were booing :psyboom:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

That's not weed that's Galatian Man's libertarian avatar he uses to make "gently caress you, got mine" arguments.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Anidav posted:

Some of those people were booing :psyboom:

People would boo today let alone this was the 1970s.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Holy poo poo, that title - that is a goddamned beautiful double meaning. Bolling is so good.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

Latuff is aware that Y'all Qaeda would happily behead him, butcher his sons and rape his wife and children for the sole crime of being Brazilian and somewhat brown, yes?

WarpedNaba posted:

Now this is a metaphor I can get behind.
Please stop being weird as poo poo, WarpedNaba. You weird rear end motherfucker.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

the one who is actually Jewish presumably.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm really looking forward to the 180 Ramirez is going to pull when Trump wins the nomination

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

that jeb face is a thing of beauty.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

TheTatteredKing posted:

No way someone that balding isn't gray

This is so wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tom Guycot posted:

that jeb face is a thing of beauty.

These words have never been spoken before in human history, and yet you are completely right.

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011

Shugojin posted:

I live really close to the junction of US 322 and PA 144 and several times a year, particularly in winter, a semi and something else get in an accident and shut the motherfucker down forever. It has been this way for decades. If I am remembering correctly, bidding to build the thing to finally fix this problem... opens in 2017 or 2018??? I hate it so much. It's a brutal deathtrap and it took them over a decade to finally think about doing something about it.

e: I got kinda riled up about it so here's a streetview if anyone wants to look at said deathtrap

A pleasant sunny day where a Chevrolet Cruz is making a right hand turn with no incoming traffic onto a two lane highway. A rough looking Toyota pickup wants to make a left turn, but with no oncoming traffic, he will do so and be on to his destination.
Are you asking for a stoplight? Lane expansion? What is happening during rush hour, exactly?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Here's an actual good Glenn McCoy:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did Galatian man ever get to the thing

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mister Beeg posted:

look at that compression, geez

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pomp posted:

Did Galatian man ever get to the thing

The whole thing started as a protest over the media's coverage of the Gabby Giffords shooting, right?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
A bet a lot of tough, principled conservatives are going to be singing a different tune when Trump gets the nom, I think that's what I can't wait for the most

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
Flashback: 1992

I have a lot of homework to do, so I'm not going to say much, but I think these two are pretty self-explanatory:

"Clinton, you're ahead now, but you might still lose!"

"Clinton is cool and Tsongas is... a dog?" Wait, a dog is another word for a womanizer, which seems like a better fit for Clinton. I know I'm overthinking it, because it's just a picture of Tsongas looking dull and droopy, and Clinton being cool. I don't know if this was before or after his saxophone playing.

I don't recognize either of these cartoonists- does anyone know them?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Full Battle Rattle posted:

A bet a lot of tough, principled conservatives are going to be singing a different tune when Trump gets the nom, I think that's what I can't wait for the most

They'll resolve that issue, in true right wing fashion, by completely rewriting history in favor of what benefits them most at this particular moment. What would really surprise me is if Trump could swallow his pride enough to tone down his bigotry and bullying after leaving the protective sphere of neocon followers and facing the general public.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Geostomp posted:

They'll resolve that issue, in true right wing fashion, by completely rewriting history in favor of what benefits them most at this particular moment. What would really surprise me is if Trump could swallow his pride enough to tone down his bigotry and bullying after leaving the protective sphere of neocon followers and facing the general public.

Yeah I'm sure the thing that always worked in the past will work now, if anything that's been the running theme of 2016

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mister Beeg posted:

Presidential candidate Jeb Bush, presidential candidate Marco Rubio, Maine governor Paul LePage, presidential candidate Chris Christie.

Really, who is that third guy supposed to be, Kasich? Huckabee? Cruz? It doesn't look at all like any of them.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's meant to be Cruz but McCoy was too amateur of an artist to pull off drawing his pointed nose. You can really see where he gave up and opted for a flat tip instead.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Presidential candidate Jeb Bush, presidential candidate Marco Rubio, Maine governor Paul LePage, presidential candidate Chris Christie.

Really, who is that third guy supposed to be, Kasich? Huckabee? Cruz? It doesn't look at all like any of them.

It's clearly Cruz, and it's not a bad caricature at all

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Is Al Gore even in the news now? Why the sudden interest? I don't know, the sheer dishonesty of this attack line is getting to me, and I should be used to this poo poo from Tinsley.

"Well, I notice the world didn't end today."
"Are you sure?"

• Locked thread