Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spedman posted:

You've got some storms to shoot in, use them. Also deaders takes awesome shots in a place with the less interesting weather than as a desert:
https://www.flickr.com/#/photos/102985076@N08/

I meant the temperature, its loving hot. Snow is awesome and cold, I really need to save up for my NZ winter trip.

Deaders is very very good though

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
The top for the next week is 37, thats one day you probably don't want to shoot. I sound like a broken record but you gotta shoot whats around you and whats accessible to you now, don't keep wishing for picturesque landscapes or perfect weather. Deaders is a prime example of that, Perth is visually very boring even compared to other Aus capitals, but he makes it work by shooting lots.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its my fault for sounding like that and not being clear but thats not at all what I meant. I have been shooting, just haven't got around to looking at it in lightroom. Shot some stuff yesterday I think will come out quite nicely.

I really like the snow, I've only seen it twice though, and it makes me happy seeing all these awesome shots of it while I sit here sweating away.

E: I actually got in trouble for trying to take an alkanphel style photo yesterday, wasn't shooting people but someone thought I was and I had to delete it to get them off my back. Legally there's nothing she or the cops could have done but eh not worth the trouble.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 28, 2016

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I finally got my very first Concerned Citizen today for taking a picture of a muddy road I'm sure will never see the light of day.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

iSheep posted:

I finally got my very first Concerned Citizen today for taking a picture of a muddy road I'm sure will never see the light of day.

My favorite Concerned Citizen was the guy who decided to shadow me for a while while I was taking photos, and then sneak up on me when I decided it was time to go back to my car because he was making me uncomfortable. Dude was close to getting a Pentax 67 to the face with as jumpy as I can be... Still not sure why he thought that was a bright idea.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

2016-01-27_10-30-30

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Last of my snow photos from this last trip (I think).

uhg, sRGB.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Mt Gravatt by ASB, on Flickr

Couldn't get the last one any less noisy without making it look like a smeared painting unfortunately, any ideas?

E: I think Four Ones is a group of rappers in the postcode 4111.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 28, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Couldn't get the last one any less noisy without making it look like a smeared painting unfortunately, any ideas?

I really like these. Geometric/archetectual feature photos are some of my favorite and I never seem to be able to find anything neat enough to photograph.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Use a tripod and lower ISO/longer shutter speed. I don't know if it can be fixed in post, but then my photoshop skills are hardly anything to write home about. I don't think it detracts from the photo too much though, it's only really noticeable in the bottom-left corner, and my eye kind of skips that area anyway.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 28, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VelociBacon posted:

I really like these. Geometric/archetectual feature photos are some of my favorite and I never seem to be able to find anything neat enough to photograph.

Thanks! Really means a lot.

I know what you mean about not finding anything neat enough, I have tonnes of photos like these that just fall flat. The ones I find are keepers tend to have strong colours or something to break it up a bit, the last one was like the 5th staircase I tried that on.

Wafflecopper posted:

Use a tripod and lower ISO/longer shutter speed. I don't know if it can be fixed in post, but then my photoshop skills are hardly anything to write home about. I don't think it detracts from the photo too much though, it's only really noticeable in the bottom-left corner, and my eye kind of skips that area anyway.

I was walking around with just a camera bag when I took these, I guess I'll go buy a messenger bag type thing that the tripod fits into. I need a bag for uni anyway. Good to know it doesn't stick out so much to other people though

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Thanks! Really means a lot.

I know what you mean about not finding anything neat enough, I have tonnes of photos like these that just fall flat. The ones I find are keepers tend to have strong colours or something to break it up a bit, the last one was like the 5th staircase I tried that on.

I was walking around with just a camera bag when I took these, I guess I'll go buy a messenger bag type thing that the tripod fits into at so

I really have to say I didn't notice the grain and even now looking at it, it's fine. A lot of street photography done with film that you'd see has a ton more grain and is still fine, it's not supposed to look like a studio shot because it isn't.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Thanks!

Malvern Link

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

2006-2112 SE Pine by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

614-642 SE 27th by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Work by Matt Philpott, on Flickr

Frame by Matt Philpott, on Flickr

Why they couldn't just build that fuckin' frame so that it centered up on either the church or the woods, I'll never know. I'm going to file a complaint.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Ric posted:

Thanks!

Malvern Link

This is so great.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Ric posted:

Malvern Link

I love this so much

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Rockefeller by Tom Olson, on Flickr

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shameless by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Vent by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
[img]Daytona Beach by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr[/img]

{img}Daytona Beach, FL by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr[/img}

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 30, 2016

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Cork City Bus Station by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

503-565 SE 27th, 1970 by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

Don't you live with us in Vancouver though?

I live in Whistler.

Basically Vancouver, but more snow, and all the assholes come up here on weekends.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Taren Point by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

NOICE

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

:coal:

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Green Bush by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr