Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm eating the chalk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Dick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A woman's mouth is not for the exiting of words.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Character Maker

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
It is astounding how often the Nazis come up in a sitcom about friends running a bar in Philadelphia.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh god drat Cricket man

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

This episode isn't really doing it for me.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh god Frank going full Warhol

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"I want to feel a little bit of sadness... coming from your tits."

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

But technically, he was raped.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Kind of a low point the season so far for me, and I loved the first three. I always give them a second and third watch, but first reaction it's just above Frank's Brother.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
I liked Frank as the art dealer. I will say that it felt a little shallow in terms of the plot. It would have been more interesting had they focused on Dee's smut film or just Charlie's art.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
dennis speech at the end about what is art and charlie saying hella kinda came and went were the funny bits. the rest was just there.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
This episode felt like it needed another ten minutes. Or it didn't and it was just the right length.

Good episode though.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
A scheme to prove that modern art is meaningless seemed a little trope-y and uninspired for this show. And yeah it definitely needed to be a little longer, or ditch the arbitrary thing about Dennis and his school librarian. Charlie's act wasn't funny to me.

Side note, I totally thought this was going to be called "Dee Made a Snuff Film" ... I mean who says "smut film?"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This episode gets a solid 'meh' from me.

The problem I felt was not enough callbacks.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
can we have some tumblr manifestos in response to "guys can't get raped" this week?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

This episode had a lot of things that felt like they could have been good, if only there was more focus on them. As it is, Dee's smut film, Dennis's denial about being raped, and the entire art scheme feel undercooked.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Reset Smith posted:

It is astounding how often the Nazis come up in a sitcom about friends running a bar in Philadelphia.

I had this exact same thought. It's... odd.

Also Dee's highlight reel should have included Frank spraying her with the fire extinguisher.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 28, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
This season hasn't really been hitting it out of the park, imo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The first three episodes were really good but this one was sort of trash, to be honest

Illinois Smith posted:

can we have some tumblr manifestos in response to "guys can't get raped" this week?

:rolleyes:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah the first two were pretty solid, the Gang Hits the Slopes was a classic, and this latest one was just really weak. I started tuning out right around the time Dennis brought up An Erotic Life again, and everything just kind of fell flat and felt forced.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Frank's hair, Dee's directing debut video and Charlie's outfit cracked me up.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

TTBF posted:

This episode had a lot of things that felt like they could have been good, if only there was more focus on them. As it is, Dee's smut film, Dennis's denial about being raped, and the entire art scheme feel undercooked.

Yeah, this one was just too all over the place for me. The art dealer turning out to be just as terrible a person as the gang was pretty good though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That was really bad, but Dee peeking over Grieco's shoulder was amazing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Someone actually falling for Frank's persona was very un-sunnylike.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Someone actually falling for Frank's persona was very un-sunnylike.

I wish the other plot had involved the art dealer too, so there was more time to develop her as a character.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That lady was just weird, I guess it's fine for them to every once in a while meet someone who is as terrible and as detached from reality as they are and I guess but idk, it just wasn't funny. It felt like parts of her dialog were originally meant for Dennis.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

emanresu tnuocca posted:

That lady was just weird, I guess it's fine for them to every once in a while meet someone who is as terrible and as detached from reality as they are and I guess but idk, it just wasn't funny. It felt like parts of her dialog were originally meant for Dennis.

Same with the movie directing scene, where Dee is saying that they need to be close up on the boobs and the boobs should be sad. That was so weird.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Charlie's act wasn't funny to me.

*in my best grieco accent* I mean alright bro, but keep in mind he wasn't doing this to please you.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't get how the ski episode can feel twice as long as this one but they are actually the same

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

drunken officeparty posted:

I don't get how the ski episode can feel twice as long as this one but they are actually the same

Well, the rules are just different on the mountain.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Whaaaat I thought that episode was hilarious

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I loved the painting that was just a person's face with DOG ORGY written a few times beside it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
A new entrant into the Sunny Worst 5 listings!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Agronox posted:

A new entrant into the Sunny Worst 5 listings!

Interestingly (according to Wikipedia but not IMDV) the first and only episode written by Eric Ledgin. Hopefully he doesn't get a second.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think this might be the worst episode yet.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Also, was it a smut film or not?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
god.....this episode... so bad.. now i have EYE CANCER...

fuckin these guys... making it BAD??? dont they know this is NOT WHAT I WOULD DO?? my ideas would be WAY BETTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

god.....this episode... so bad.. now i have EYE CANCER...

fuckin these guys... making it BAD??? dont they know this is NOT WHAT I WOULD DO?? my ideas would be WAY BETTER

Whoa man, stop. Something awful is supposed to be a safe space where only positive opinions about eps are shared.