Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

id like to hunt today. sad that mhx sounds so awesome, but yeah, it sounds like theyre experimenting and the stuff from that game will be in future releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
they arent translating any npcs, just menus, and that sucks

poogie seems to be a weird goat mule now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Evil Eagle posted:

I can hunt any time in the next 5 hours. until then I'll be playing Majora's Mask.

Bobnumerotres posted:

id like to hunt today. sad that mhx sounds so awesome, but yeah, it sounds like theyre experimenting and the stuff from that game will be in future releases

I have to read something for work but after that I can hunt, if one of you wants to start a room I can jump on in 10-15 or else i'll just post one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm up to play for an hour or so.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
09-6895-7851-3946, passcode 9876 :getin:

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

*arrives slightly late, but looking insanely adorable*

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the stagger dragonbreath combo

I have a better weapon for this.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm the equivalent of an actual human infant in these naked challenges

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

well put your clothes back on, it's time for bed for me. happy hunting.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm proud of us, but mainly of you evil eagle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It was a team effort, I definitely would have died without some of those clutch lifepowders.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thanks you two for getting naked and afraid with me :yosbutt:

That mission sucks but I've been wanting those Ceadeus parts for a long time. Want to make the Ceadeus CB, I get to grind for Skyblade gems next :negative:

E: I gotta write down all the different things I want to build, I keep jumping around from monster to monster and forgetting what i'm actually working towards

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 17, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TFW you're trying to get a Shaguru Magala tail and you carve a plate off the tail, then you kill him and carve two tails off the body.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
tfw when you cut off shagaru magala's tail and you can't find it afterwards

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
tfw you carve two Velocidrome Heads off a single corpse and feel like you just killed a pregnant 'drome :(

also who wants to hunt this weekend? I'm going to be stuck inside due to a blizzard on Saturday, depending on whether or not my wife can entertain herself I should have some time to put into this. i put it down for a few days and am itching to get back into it with goons

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

tfw you carve two Velocidrome Heads off a single corpse and feel like you just killed a pregnant 'drome :(

what in the gently caress

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

tfw you realize your power and armor charms have been forgotten in storage since you bought them because you forgot to re-register your item sets to include them. It's been at least 20 hours.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tfw you get jho bits to upgrade your charms, and then have both charms and talons at the same time for overwhelming power

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just scrolled through the monsters list in the app and there's an insane amount of monsters I haven't even seen yet, like a dozen not even counting subspecies and apex and poo poo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I definitely want to hunt, but I don't know if I can escape from the new mario rpg goodness that just came out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tender Bender posted:

I just scrolled through the monsters list in the app and there's an insane amount of monsters I haven't even seen yet, like a dozen not even counting subspecies and apex and poo poo.

There's a gang in monsters in this game but a number of them blur together in my mind, like
Basarios
Cephadrome
Garuga
Gravios
Gypceros
Khezu
Kut-Ku
All have the same "skeleton" and just feel really same-y to me, maybe Garuga less so because it's on angel dust. I wouldn't have minded seeing some of the cooler 3rd Gen newcomers like Peco and Lagi.

Also now they're calling for as much as 20" of snow on Saturday so I might not even have Internet for multiplayer lol whoops

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Gigginox getting taken out in favor of poo poo rear end boring Khezu is by far the worst thing about MH4U

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i started playing again a couple a days ago and now im 2 quests away from g rank special permit and im making a clownsuit. i broke the seal

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lesbian baphomet posted:

Gigginox getting taken out in favor of poo poo rear end boring Khezu is by far the worst thing about MH4U

khezu having no music is a nice touch imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

i started playing again a couple a days ago and now im 2 quests away from g rank special permit and im making a clownsuit. i broke the seal

lmk if you wanna play, ive been neglecting this thread

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

C-Euro posted:

There's a gang in monsters in this game but a number of them blur together in my mind, like
Basarios
Cephadrome
Garuga
Gravios
Gypceros
Khezu
Kut-Ku
All have the same "skeleton" and just feel really same-y to me, maybe Garuga less so because it's on angel dust. I wouldn't have minded seeing some of the cooler 3rd Gen newcomers like Peco and Lagi.

Also now they're calling for as much as 20" of snow on Saturday so I might not even have Internet for multiplayer lol whoops

Yea I kinda agree. I assume dev time limitations or something is why they lumped in a ton of samey birds instead of some cool omissions. Peco, Duramboros, Barroth, Barioth, Nargacuga, I liked all those.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think it was meant to be a throwback, from what I understand nearly every monster from the 2nd gen games is in 4U. Those were PS2/PSP era games and they probably had to program a lot of the monsters in a similar way due to the hardware.

absolutely anything posted:

Post your clownsuits gang, I made a dope Switch Axe set from a mix of G-rank Kushala and Chameleos armor that gives me Sharpness+1/Evade Extender/Evasion+1/HGE/Windproof Hi/Status Atk+2 (the last one is basically for free). Only issue is that I'm p rusty with SA, but once i remember what I'm doing monsters better watch it

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 23, 2016

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
its not a super great one but itll give me horn maestro sharpness +1 and hg earplugs when im done. itll be better if i can get a 8 or more maestro charm because then i can get evade +1 too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

C-Euro posted:

I think it was meant to be a throwback, from what I understand nearly every monster from the 2nd gen games is in 4U. Those were PS2/PSP era games and they probably had to program a lot of the monsters in a similar way due to the hardware.

Post your clownsuits, I made a dope Switch Axe set from a mix of G-rank Kushala and Chameleos armor that gives me Sharpness+1/Evade Extender/Evasion+1/HGE/Windproof Hi/Status Atk+2 (the last one is basically for free). Only issue is that I'm p rusty with SA, but once i remember what I'm doing monsters better watch it

oooo this is a good suit

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yo who wants to play tonight? The rest of my night should be free, if people are around I can put up a room.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
removing nibelsnarf in favor of cephadrome was a crime, and i'm glad they brought him back for mhx.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If anybody would like to hunt, I'm down for tonight. Also, are any of you getting Final Fantasy Explorers?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

If anybody would like to hunt, I'm down for tonight. Also, are any of you getting Final Fantasy Explorers?

Yo I'll play this weekend, I just unlocked the first Gogma hunt which I think gives me the G-Special permit once I beat it?

I need to find masochistic goons who want to grind Dalamadur with me :negative: I wish that fight didn't suck so much, it's such a dope setpiece.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i like dala. im a sucker for those big time fights

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
dalamadur, gog, etc. hell my favorite fight from freedom unite was yamatsukami because of how weird it looked

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's a new final fantasy monster hunter and idk how to feel about it. i've played about two hours

enemies don't feel threatening enough

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i like fighting dalamadur, but most of the times that i join for it my wifi decides to disconnect me halfway through

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

there's a new final fantasy monster hunter and idk how to feel about it. i've played about two hours

enemies don't feel threatening enough

i watched a gameplay vid and it looked bad. the animations were really stiff and at one point a guy with a ranged class just kited ifrit around a room for several minutes while it just walked after him without attacking.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i've played like 15 hours of Final Fantasy Explorers. Its really not monster hunter at all, its like a mini-MMO maybe like FF11/PSO hybrid. It does have a monster hunter loot system, but the mechanics and combat have nothing in common. The first 1-3 hours of the game are just really boring and horrible if you are playing alone and you can 1-shot everything and they don't really challenge you. As you get farther along i think the bosses start to give the game a lot more complexity. I really like that there are 21 jobs, and they all feel pretty different. Theres a system in the game where you keep killing things to raise a "crystal level" or some poo poo and it unlocks little passive limit break- style buffs, but whats cool about it is like if you use the "fire affinity" crystal surge, all your moves will gain some fire-based property, and when you go back to town, you can permanently save a version of your skills with fire attached, and you can keep mutating your skills in this fashion til they have like 5 modifiers.

I do think the enemies are too easy, but multiplayer scaling helps fix it a little bit, and you should probably always choose to add an extra star to the difficulty of your missions with the "tougher enemies" or "lower time limit" or "half HP" challenge options at the beginning because it makes it feel better.

if you have a hacked/modded 3ds its basically worth it to play the game for a bit because its a fun online multiplayer game and those don't happen very often. maybe if i paid 50 bucks for it or w/e I would think its crap, who knows

i just unlocked alchemist, blue mage and geomancer. play this game with me if you have it

also play monster hunter x with me if you have it, and i still play mh4u but no one is ever on at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

drat I was hoping it would be more awesome, I guess I'll just get friends over for Crystal Chronicles instead

• Locked thread