Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sovereign citizens essentially believe that law is a series of incantations of magical words. Seriously. You say the right words in the right order, endless power is yours, and the government only has power because they have mastered the dark arts of lawyerese. Whatever they want, there's some incantation that will get them that - and it didn't work last time because they didn't say it correctly.

What the words are and what the theory behind the words is varies wildly at times but it just all goes back to magical thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Also if you've never heard of them, keep in mind not all SovCits are cut from the same cloth. I've ran into a bunch of them, and the "gold fringe admiralty court" are by far the rarest. Unless they're in a group you'll probably never run in to two that give you the same excuse for why they're allowed to do whatever the hell they want, except the driving without a license thing, then "traveling" thing is pretty common.

The best way I've found of dealing with them is saying something like "You can argue the constitutionality of this in court". They loving love being given a podium.

Grem fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 28, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The best sovereign citizen word magic is their belief that birth certificates are actually berth certificates which is what is making you subject to admiralty court.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

As a Millennial I posted:

Speaking of Santilli, remember the guy on his stream from Tuesday who said "I'm documenting the arrest of Pete Santilli"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KeeIW5eMM

:gizz:

There's nothing funnier to me than the impotent YouTube comments. Up until yesterday, they could have come to the refuge and showed their support and actually put their money where their mouth is. But no, we're going to just complain on the internet about 'uniformed thuggery' or whatever. For such a vocal patriot revolutionary he sure is glad to comply with the police's orders.

Vv He's such a slimeball, he's essentially Ike Clanton in Tombstone. As others have said, he's the toughest around when he has the advantage, but crumbles into a sniveling mess once he loses it.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 28, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Surprise arrests are the best, that fuckface probably thought he was going to be able to just walk away from this because ~public property~ or something. I think the reason Santilli induces such anger is that he's basically a troll. Rolls up on a couple guards and yells poo poo like "BE CONSTITUTIONAL OR PULL THE loving TRIGGER" and then goes crying to the sheriff, saying he "only asked them to be constitutional." It's easy to see how smugly manipulative he's trying to be when you're seeing both sides of the story via buffering video, but the people there with him only see the side he's feeding them at any given moment and thus don't knock his drat teeth down his throat. That might change with the presentation of evidence, and who knows, maybe he'll get hit with some additional charges for fanning the flames like he did.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Prester Jane posted:

It's amazing how polite and respectful and obedient they all are in this video. Especially when you contrast that with the belligerent attitude they all had when 50 of them crashed/disrupted that town hall meeting. Their entire leadership being scooped up in one blow really shattered their delusions.

Anyone got the video of Santilli trying to talk Cooper into letting the women and children leave and freaking out when he realizes that Cooper is completely insane and wants a massive fight? I haven't got to see that moment yet and it would warm my filthy soul.

Starts right about here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU&t=1606s

Pete's a dirtbag and all but it's still pretty harrowing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

evilweasel posted:

The best sovereign citizen word magic is their belief that birth certificates are actually berth certificates which is what is making you subject to admiralty court.

Haha the hole really has no bottom does it. I really want to believe that one started from some sort of pun joke someone made mockingly to a sovereign citizen and they just completely missed it and took it as straight up fact.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
From the closed FB group Oregon III% and it's from yesterday but you folks may find it interesting.

quote:

Brian Wilson
16 hrs

you sit and complain about nothing being done. Every op has folks like this working their butts off in the background.

Subject: Burns Oregon

One casualty, one with minor injuries due to a flash bang not a gun shot, as of this minute we still have some in the compound and we are desperately trying to talk them out. The feds are so thick here you could stumble over them. They drive by our motel all times day and night. Neighboring Counties have loaned some of there Sherriff's and so they are thick as thieves. All our cars have had there plates ran, all out of state cars are SUBJECT TO BEING PULLED OVER. We are doing our best.

Mark McConnell Has posted a video on his face book page as to his first hand account, I personally interviewed Mark but as of yet I don't know if Oath Keepers has released it, he was in the vehicle with Bundy when the were abused by the Feds and the video will go into detail as to what happened there.

There is also a audio video out with the 18 year old young lady (Victoria) that was in the vehicle that took on the gun fire, her first hand account should also be listened to. I interviewed her as well but the audio video is what is on the net. We received a call that there was one of our people dropped off by the local police In the Safeway parking lot. After this 18 year old young lady was involved in a gun fight, watched a man she loved get killed, searched by a male Officer, handcuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car, taken in for questioning with out being read her Miranda she wouldn't talk to the police so they dropped her off in the Safeway parking lot with no money (because they took her purse) The checker in the store saw a " VERY SCARED" young lady in the parking lot. She took her inside out of the cold (15 degrees) took her in the back room and somehow we got the call. When we got there this young lady was SO SCARED and shaken. We took her to a safe house and that is were I interviewed her. We made contact with her mother and she was then moved to an undisclosed location and is at this time very safe and out of state. Last I heard she is now wanted by the F.B.I Patriot Network face book page has this interview as they interviewed her after I did, I am also posting it on my face book page To be viewed by those on there. Roxanna Hall from Zimbabwe

After we moved her to a safe house we got ANOTHER call that one of people had been dropped off at Safeway, we arrived to find Mark (guy listed above) standing in the cold. He was not in the vehicle that was involved in the shootout but the car behind them. They confiscated everything he had with him (car, cold weather gear, clothes, weapons) There were NO motels left as the media has swooped down on us like buzzards on road kill. He's with us, food shelter, shower. If we were not here I truly DO NOT know where he would have stayed as the weather is COLD!!! When he was dropped in the parking lot the cops told him" good luck finding a room"

We got another call.................2 young kids that were at the reserve called 911 and wanted out, the girl is pregnant and he wanted her out!!!! 911 connected him to the crisis line, they connected him to the F.B.I and they called us. 2 A.M these kids dove a ATV MILES to a R.V park in the freezing cold were we picked them up and took them in, hot bowl of food, HOT coffee, HOT chocolate LOTS of tears as they knew the deceased man very well and the grief was to much. A warm bed is something they haven't seen in a month was a welcome site and they SLEPT. Transportation being arranged so they can go home.

Yesterday when we got the info that we had a casualty I was assigned to hospital coverage, upon arrival the hospital had been placed on lockdown, military police, local P.D and Sherriff Officers were there, all were HEAVLY armed and well you know ME, I just walked up like I owned the place. They wouldn't give me ANY info as to who was in there, if it was one of ours and bla bla bla. I saw an employee head to the parking lot so I followed, got the info that there were NO causalities (this proved later to be false) But she was helpful.

Non-stop, LOTS OF CALLS, no sleep and sleeping in a bunk house with 8 beds and men that snore but not as bad as me.. Thank you to those that donated, IT HELPED!!!! and you are awesome. So due to lack of sleep please forgive me if this is a ramble but I'm trying to get the info out like I promised.

KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS

Rock Hall

Also this is an interesting read/rant http://ahtrimble.com/2016/01/27/sitrep-burns-oregon-1272016/

quote:

BLM developments – Today there was a national conference call where state and local BLM managers were told –

Threat level “yellow” indicating a grave concern for attacks on BLM facilities and employees.
Offices recalled armed rangers to BLM offices to guard against attacks.
BLM employees are to report any interaction with people who raise concerns over murder in Burns. Those reports will be sent to a centralized LEO office for coordinating efforts.
BLM employees are to report any suspicious people or vehicles. Those reports will be sent to a centralized LEO office for coordinating efforts.
A BLM “strike force” of highly trained SWAT personnel has been activated and pre-positioned to respond as needed anywhere in the country. These heavily armed SWAT teams are highly trained for vilent encounters with civilians.
BLM is expecting an attack and occupation of offices in Kingman, AZ by ranchers and/or militia.

ChlamydiaJones fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 28, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

Oh my god. I didn't click the link, and I should have, because that's my loving friend. Whoever said he lost his job over this was 100% correct, this poo poo got him fired and it was hilarious. He actually posted this video himself, trying to show how much of an rear end in a top hat the cop was, and we laughed and laughed at his dumb rear end. He still drives a truck now, somehow he didn't lose his Class C over this, but man it's weird to see someone actually become a meme. I'm debating whether or not to post this on his facebook wall now. :allears:

He already publicly shamed himself by putting it on youtube by his own free will, so I don't see what's the problem. Please tell me the company made him pay for the window.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

Oh, also this shadow person means the government owes you $2 million. For reasons.
This is the bit I really don't understand, the "your birth certificate is super valuable and if you can lodge your maker hook between its ring-segments you can ride the Shai-Hulud to an enormous pile of money" poo poo. Everything else is dumb but I can at least see some semblance of reasoning behind it; this is just... I don't get it, man.

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 28, 2016

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

evilweasel posted:

Sovereign citizens essentially believe that law is a series of incantations of magical words. Seriously. You say the right words in the right order, endless power is yours, and the government only has power because they have mastered the dark arts of lawyerese. Whatever they want, there's some incantation that will get them that - and it didn't work last time because they didn't say it correctly.

What the words are and what the theory behind the words is varies wildly at times but it just all goes back to magical thinking.
You know, this actually being true would make for a pretty fun premise for a fantasy story.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

theflyingorc posted:

*of note: a number of "sovereign citizen" training videos/pamphlets are for-profit enterprises (give me $500 for my book explaining how to beat the government!). I suspect that many of these people aren't even true believers, but just opportunists actively creating crazy militia people to line their pockets.

My long-standing theory is it was done entirely as a controlled scam in the 80s and early 90s when there were a handful of hucksters who had been known conmen cris-crossing the country selling this "one weird trick to let you not pay taxes", but when the internet came about true believers/suckers began sharing it to the internet and it grew out of control. Kinda like how the PUA stuff all grew out of those creepy "seduce women with this one weird trick" infomercials. There were individual weirdos around but nothing to spread and amplify.

It's like a memetic virus - it was there but somewhat benign when it was only bring spread from scammer to sucker, but the internet let it be transmitted from sucker to new sucker. Then things mutate.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

It's amazing how polite and respectful and obedient they all are in this video. Especially when you contrast that with the belligerent attitude they all had when 50 of them crashed/disrupted that town hall meeting. Their entire leadership being scooped up in one blow really shattered their delusions.

Yep, aside from the Saturn-sized level of schadenfreude, the biggest takeaway was this fuckface's massive change in demeanor. If I had to guess, these goobers probably thought that they would have, at the very least, quiet backing of Republicans in the media and in every level of the government like they did with at the Bundy Ranch. They probably truly believed that powerful Republicans would make sure that the FBI didn't stick their noses too deeply lest they suffer major "mysterious'" budget cuts. So despite these mouthbreathers constantly yelling about going to war with the federal government, most of them actually had no real desire to do so cause they didn't think there would be any need for it. But once it became clear that poo poo actually got real, everybody took a step back and said "WHOA WAIT A MINUTE THAT' WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN". Hopefully this sends a signal to any other dipshit militia groups to think twice before pulling some poo poo like this again.

My only question is why the Feds arrested him after talking to him for like 5 mins. He walked away and then came back and THEN they arrested him. Not that I'm complaining, just seemed weird.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Crotch posted:

This is the bit I really don't understand, the "your birth certificate is super valuable and if can lodge your maker hook between its ring-segments you can ride the Shai-Hulud to an enormous pile pf money. Everything else is dumb but I can at least see some semblance of reasoning behind it; this is just... I don't get it, man.

This part makes less sense than any other part, because it isn't really based on misinterpretation of law like the majority of their delusions (also, the dollar amount varies from telling to telling, with a few common numbers).

I think the reason it survives is just because of how appealing it is - the government owes you money, all your debts and mistakes can be repaid in one fell swoop.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

ChlamydiaJones posted:

From the closed FB group Oregon III% and it's from yesterday but you folks may find it interesting.

Also this is an interesting read/rant http://ahtrimble.com/2016/01/27/sitrep-burns-oregon-1272016/

So its "Man, we wanted to help fight the feds but they kept running OUR plates and watching us--we're helpless!"
"We're also the LOCAL crisis center for wayward militants, the government can't help these people but they know WE CAN because we're FREE MEN"

And thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus...

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
As this thread goes off into general SovCit territory I will say that the emergence of this movement and spread of the ideas is a acute symptom of deep systematic problems in our country. People in serious debt, people with nothing but financially ruinous engagements with any legal authority- their desperate minds become jelly and open to magical thinking that will somehow cure their problems whether mental/financial/legal.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Jacobin posted:

On the general theme of Sovcits, this ~Florida~ training video has some classic animated shorts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPs_n0WQaY

I started to skip around and look for the funny cartoons, the first thing I came to was police dashcam footage of a traffic stop, a guy leaning out the side of a van firing a rifle, and "They didn't know what they were getting into. Two officers didn't come home that day. And one of them was my son." :smith:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

meristem posted:

You know, this actually being true would make for a pretty fun premise for a fantasy story.

It's like in Earthsea where if you know the true name for things then you have special powers.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Jacobin posted:

As this thread goes off into general SovCit territory I will say that the emergence of this movement and spread of the ideas is a acute symptom of deep systematic problems in our country- people in serious debt, people with nothing but financially ruinous engagements with any legal authority- their minds become jelly and open to magical thinking that will somehow cure their problems whether mental/financial/legal.

It's not just this country, though. Sovereigns are active throughout, at least, the English-speaking world. I have no idea if it crosses language barriers, but there have been Canadian and British SovCits arguing their points based on things in the US constitution.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I started to skip around and look for the funny cartoons, the first thing I came to was police dashcam footage of a traffic stop, a guy leaning out the side of a van firing a rifle, and "They didn't know what they were getting into. Two officers didn't come home that day. And one of them was my son." :smith:

The funny shorts were before that but yes that was hosed up and paused me for a moment, seeing the kid appear out the right of the truck with an assault rifle in tandem with his Dad. Truly messed up

theflyingorc posted:

It's not just this country, though. Sovereigns are active throughout, at least, the English-speaking world. I have no idea if it crosses language barriers, but there have been Canadian and British SovCits arguing their points based on things in the US constitution.

This is true- there was a Canadian Judge who authored this amazing long judgment that is like a full history of the sovcit movement Ill see if I can find it.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So is anyone still there? Did the pedo kid get arrested?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
A drivers licence is actually a DIVER's licence, which means you cannot be arrested for shoplifting as everything in a store is technically salvage and legally free to take

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

sonatinas posted:

It's like in Earthsea where if you know the true name for things then you have special powers.

It's kinda cool in Warhammer: 40K where if you know the real name of demons, hell even people with the right conditions, you can make them your slaves.

One demon, Ghargatuloth, true name is literally 300+ syllables long though, so it's not very practical.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ChlamydiaJones posted:

BLM developments – Today there was a national conference call where state and local BLM managers were told –

Threat level “yellow” indicating a grave concern for attacks on BLM facilities and employees.
Offices recalled armed rangers to BLM offices to guard against attacks.
BLM employees are to report any interaction with people who raise concerns over murder in Burns. Those reports will be sent to a centralized LEO office for coordinating efforts.
BLM employees are to report any suspicious people or vehicles. Those reports will be sent to a centralized LEO office for coordinating efforts.
A BLM “strike force” of highly trained SWAT personnel has been activated and pre-positioned to respond as needed anywhere in the country. These heavily armed SWAT teams are highly trained for vilent encounters with civilians.
BLM is expecting an attack and occupation of offices in Kingman, AZ by ranchers and/or militia.

There's a "Bundy Militia" site that has declared a "militia interpol red notice" for Governor Brown for first degree murder. Anybody know what the gently caress that's supposed to mean? My guess is they're calling for her execution, but it'd be nice to hear from someone who's actually familiar with their made-up language.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

There's a "Bundy Militia" site that has declared a "militia interpol red notice" for Governor Brown for first degree murder. Anybody know what the gently caress that's supposed to mean? My guess is they're calling for her execution, but it'd be nice to hear from someone who's actually familiar with their made-up language.

Not clicking but did they put a crosshair over a map with the state capitol?

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jacobin posted:

As this thread goes off into general SovCit territory I will say that the emergence of this movement and spread of the ideas is a acute symptom of deep systematic problems in our country. People in serious debt, people with nothing but financially ruinous engagements with any legal authority- their desperate minds become jelly and open to magical thinking that will somehow cure their problems whether mental/financial/legal.

Yeah, sure it is all society's fault that millionaires like the bundies are sov cits.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

sonatinas posted:

Combined with The Portrait of Dorian Gray for the legal identity that accumulates sins while you party, maybe?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Looking around the site all I can make out is that it's an "arrest warrant." What they'd do after that, who knows?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I've not run into any hardcore admiralty court SovCits. The few I've talked to simply believe that you are born A Person. Stuff like belonging to the US, having a social security number, a driver's license, paying taxes, being under the authority of the cops is all just trappings of an organization you are forced into. A Person is meant to be be free and live and exist, while all the crap of being a citizen is thrust upon them, so they forswear all of the stuff the government foists on them to become their own little sovereign nation. No person is born into a government, they are born a free citizen and then forced into the system. This, then, makes them not subject to the laws (like driving with a license or whatnot) because they're not under the law once they've renounced their US citizenship, viewing themselves as something akin to expatriates or visiting foreigners who can only be compelled if a "crime" (specifically, where there is an injured party which they argue stuff like speeding and not having a license do not) has been committed between their island of citizenship and the US government.

I've never met any magic words folks, but there's a number of people that believe "we're born free, man, and it's bullshit that I'm subject to all this stuff I didn't opt into".

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Yeah, sure it is all society's fault that millionaires like the bundies are sov cits.

What makes you think they're millionaires?

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

FAUXTON posted:

Surprise arrests are the best, that fuckface probably thought he was going to be able to just walk away from this because ~public property~ or something.
I think that Pete's magic word is "PRESS". I imagine that he's been arguing that he was a neutral observer.

The Crotch posted:

This is the bit I really don't understand, the "your birth certificate is super valuable and if you can lodge your maker hook between its ring-segments you can ride the Shai-Hulud to an enormous pile of money" poo poo. Everything else is dumb but I can at least see some semblance of reasoning behind it; this is just... I don't get it, man.

It's to do with the US moving away from the gold standard and instead leveraging the future value of people in order to raise debt. I can see how you could get to that by squinting real hard at economics. What's more puzzling is why people would think that you were entitled to, and indeed could access, that money, but I think that once you get to the point at which "secret monetary value exists in relation to you" then the rules will write themselves in people's heads pretty quickly.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Nah, that's just greed and subsequent buying into Daddy's horseshit while you compete for resources with your 13 other siblings (serious, dude has 14 kids and 60 grandkids)

The hangers-on that these guys attract though, they're usually the ones pushed over the edge when they failed their privilege checks.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Looking around the site all I can make out is that it's an "arrest warrant." What they'd do after that, who knows?

Collect the bounty of $100,000 Bundy Bucks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

meristem posted:

Nah, nothing can beat the insanity of actually what they did in reality.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/122490811/The-Anti-Government-Guidebook-for-Judges

This is guide for Judges on how to handle them, with examples.

Its a great read.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Speaking of Santilli, remember the guy on his stream from Tuesday who said "I'm documenting the arrest of Pete Santilli"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KeeIW5eMM

:gizz:

All the best documentaries have the camera man screaming "I'M DOCUMENTING THIS!" over all the audio

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Jacobin posted:

This is true- there was a Canadian Judge who authored this amazing long judgment that is like a full history of the sovcit movement Ill see if I can find it.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Duke Igthorn posted:

All the best documentaries have the camera man screaming "I'M DOCUMENTING THIS!" over all the audio

Hey, that guy held the camera steady and pointed it at the right thing for nearly all of the time. After having watched several of Pete's videos, I found it rather refreshing and can certainly forgive him bellowing in pantshitting terror every once in a while. I think it added atmosphere :colbert:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Brian Wilson posted:

We got another call.................2 young kids that were at the reserve called 911 and wanted out, the girl is pregnant and he wanted her out!!!! 911 connected him to the crisis line, they connected him to the F.B.I and they called us. 2 A.M these kids dove a ATV MILES to a R.V park in the freezing cold were we picked them up and took them in, hot bowl of food, HOT coffee, HOT chocolate LOTS of tears as they knew the deceased man very well and the grief was to much. A warm bed is something they haven't seen in a month was a welcome site and they SLEPT. Transportation being arranged so they can go home.
Working with the Feds, eh? I like how he tries so hard to ignore that these poor kids didn't have a warm meal or a warm bed for the last month because they left their homes to join an illegal occupation at the refuge.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Ah thank you-

Anyone who hasn't read some of this and interested in Sovereign Citizens should check it out its full of lots of gold

quote:

[408] In R. v. McCormick, 2012 NSSC 150 (CanLII) at para. 9 an OPCA litigant argued the Freeman-on-the-Land ‘magic hat’ immunized against criminal sanction; see also R. v. McCormick, 2012 NSSC 288 (CanLII) at paras. 28-32. Naturally, that did not work. As Justice Moir observed in R. v. McCormick, 2012 NSSC 288 at para. 32: “[t]his teaching is not only wrong in the sense that it is false. It is wrongful. That is, it is full of wrong.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Tei posted:

A solution to the conflict is to build a wall around the building and put "federal jail" in the door of the wall. They are already in federal land.

As for the reaction of this thread to the occupation, you guys are piling on them, piling a lot of hate. Many of you must consider how much of this hate is pure groupthink and mob mentality. Is very, very easy to mock these guys in this thread, and hard, very hard, to defend them (I am not defending them). I personally hate mob mentality.

People getting hated on for being morons and assholes isn't group think, it's motherfucking cause and effect.

• Locked thread