Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

stop using your phone in bed

i dont have flux on my phone

but on my desktop, from like 730-10pm or so, if im on, its nice since i only use lamps at home and dont like the ceiling lights on (unless guests are over)

so the low light helps a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

computer parts posted:

lol @ the most popular resolution still being 1366x768

two words: cheap laptops

every $499 bestbuy special in the last five years has had that screen res

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i saw a 17 incher with that resolution

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Pinterest Mom posted:

:rip: vmware fusion

Release Notes - VMWare ESX 6.0.0 Update 2 (Build 307315)

* All data will now be copied in realtime to the 中华人民共和国国家安全部
* No why

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

this worked out awesome for quark and india

wait I mean the opposite and they're basically out of business now
"what are people gonna do, switch to indesign?" -- quark, 2005

"...oh." -- quark, 2010

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

safari working great here

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

:rip: vmware fusion

veertu (Mac App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/veertu/id1024069033) uses the Mac virtualization framework instead of shoving a driver into the kernel and breaking with every release

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

veertu (Mac App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/veertu/id1024069033) uses the Mac virtualization framework instead of shoving a driver into the kernel and breaking with every release

there's a mac virtualization framework? :aaa:

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

The Management posted:

have you used it? can it forward ports to host os/other networking stuff?

would be nice to have something more lightweight than fusion for running linux poo poo for testing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I've never used it, someone told me about it

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

The Management posted:

Headquarters address
10 Ma’apiley Str.
42204 Netanya, Israel

Interesting mossad company

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

The Management posted:

I've never used it, someone told me about it

i dl'ed and spun up a centos minimal machine (free offering from them). looks like no port forwarding, no bridged networking, which blows

on the plus side you can just make the window active and type without it capturing the cursor

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

computer parts posted:

lol @ the most popular resolution still being 1366x768

In addition to the cheap laptop thing, probably also lots of people trapped in windowed citrix sessions when they work. I've seen lots of badly configured citrix setups where users were stuck in a desktop that ran in a window 1/4 the size of their actual monitors.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DuckConference posted:

firing all the devs and outsourcing it to China Jesus Christ

Really? Shiiiiiiiit. We use that a lot at work

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

In addition to the cheap laptop thing, probably also lots of people trapped in windowed citrix sessions when they work. I've seen lots of badly configured citrix setups where users were stuck in a desktop that ran in a window 1/4 the size of their actual monitors.

i doubt that res would be 1366x768 though

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

dell doesn't want to be in the software business they're gonna destroy vmware and focus100% on esx private cloud bullshit to sell more dell servers

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

"what are people gonna do, switch to indesign?" -- quark, 2005

"...oh." -- quark, 2010

indesign FTW

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
one time in college newspaper i was doing layout and i put a big statue of liberty in the middle of the fold and had 2 dueling opinion columns wrap around her body on either side of the fold. the pro on the left and the con on the right. it was so sick. i remember seeing those papers in the shitter and knowing that ppl rly read them. it was glorious

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

xenserver supremacy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

one time in college newspaper i was doing layout and i put a big statue of liberty in the middle of the fold and had 2 dueling opinion columns wrap around her body on either side of the fold. the pro on the left and the con on the right. it was so sick. i remember seeing those papers in the shitter and knowing that ppl rly read them. it was glorious

irl shitposts

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

uh

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

skeumorphism of often used keys wearing down

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

power botton posted:

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Just avoid dialling numbers that contain 2, 3, 7, and 8, and automated customer service lines.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

power botton posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

power botton posted:

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

power botton posted:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

power botton posted:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Cool the SSD completely died in my 15" rMPB and diagnostics said there were no issues even tho the disk does not exist according to recovery console. I had to take it into the store and buy a new 15" rMPB while mine is shipped off to replace everything inside and will return it in a week. AIDS.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

emoji posted:

Cool the SSD completely died in my 15" rMPB and diagnostics said there were no issues even tho the disk does not exist according to recovery console. I had to take it into the store and buy a new 15" rMPB while mine is shipped off to replace everything inside and will return it in a week. AIDS.

Nice! Did you back up everything?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

eric posted:

Nice! Did you back up everything?

hard to backup a dead ssd

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Celexi posted:

hard to backup a dead ssd

before it died :rolleyes:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

u can't back up something that's completely dead. if you didn't back up something before it died, it's not possible to back it up traditionally due to time being linear.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

time machine restore is slow as gently caress, easier to just reinstall all software, re-checkout all your gits and sign into dropbox or w/e

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress. shits hosed.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-28/swiss-watches-take-a-licking?bcomANews=true

switzerland is hosed - sir jony

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

remember when don lapre and smythe got flamed hard for saying the wireless charging that anroid used was good?

apple's gonna take a big stinky dump all over it

quote:

Apple is exploring cutting-edge technologies that would allow iPhones and iPads to be powered from further away than the charging mats used with current smartphones, the people said, asking not to be identified as the details are private.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-29/apple-said-developing-wireless-charged-phone-for-as-soon-as-2017-ijz3i4si

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cremnob posted:

remember when don lapre and smythe got flamed hard for saying the wireless charging that anroid used was good?

apple's gonna take a big stinky dump all over it

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-29/apple-said-developing-wireless-charged-phone-for-as-soon-as-2017-ijz3i4si

actually it was fucktards like you advocating for using cables like cave men. i didnt click your link (nor do i ever click your links) but i assume you're about-facing on that just like you about-face at the inverted glory hole where you take big cocks right up your rear end!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

using cables is good until apple does wireless charging correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
ban cremnob :toot:

• Locked thread