Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
If American citizens commit crimes and get separated from their families and sent to jail its justice. If non-Americans commit the crime of illegally entering the U.S. or overstaying a visa and get separated from their families and merely sent back to their country of citizenship, why, it's NAZI HITLER RACIST ETHNIC CLEANSING!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

But all these are saying it's correct to call Trump a fascist? Only the last one says that it's silly because people have always acted this evil. There really isn't anything wrong with calling out Trump for running on an extreme racist platform.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I too trust in the nuance and technical verbage put forth by the guy who uses "until we know what's going on" as if it was an actual date

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I too trust in the nuance and technical verbage put forth by the guy who uses "until we know what's going on" as if it was an actual date

his campaign manager said throwing people in camps is good but lets not be to quick to judge

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Boosted_C5 posted:

If American citizens commit crimes and get separated from their families and sent to jail its justice. If non-Americans commit the crime of illegally entering the U.S. or overstaying a visa and get separated from their families and merely sent back to their country of citizenship, why, it's NAZI HITLER RACIST ETHNIC CLEANSING!!!!!!

The schlonging continues

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

docbeard posted:

Yeah but his entire vetting process for who's an illegal immigrant consists of deporting anyone surrounded by people shouting "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP".

Funny but there are people who actually believe this. This truly is the Projection Election

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

AllanGordon posted:

Remember Trump said that only some mexicans are rapists and murderers not all of them!

Truly only a racist would read into that for more than the literal meaning.

What's it called when a dog whistle is so loud that it actually deafens you and you start looking at the dog whistle literally

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Nastier Nate posted:

Anyway, if we have 2 people out of the kids table, and Trump bailing out of the big peoples debate, wouldn't it make more sense for Fox to just merge them all onto the main stage at this point?

A few pages back, but wasn't addressed -

Huck and Santorum are planning to show up at trump's event after the undercard, not instead of it. No way he pulls anyone away during their actual time on stage

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Zelder posted:

What's it called when a dog whistle is so loud that it actually deafens you and you start looking at the dog whistle literally

I think that's just a whistle

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dog bull horn

Dog vuvuzuela

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah when did wanting people who shouldn't be here to not be here become fascism. It's a lovely tactic to bring up dictionary definitions but some people don't know the actual words to describe what they believe in

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

AllanGordon posted:

Remember Trump said that only some mexicans are rapists and murderers not all of them!

Truly only a racist would read into that for more than the literal meaning.

No it was clear in context. If you want something with no context that nobody called racist look a Hilary saying the Iranians were her enemy. If you treated her anything like Trump, you'd have to say she's a racist and hates all the Iranians including citizens and those living in America.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boosted_C5 posted:

Insane is the only way to describe it.

Supporting enforcement of our existing and very generous immigration laws and not supporting special treatment for people who break our immigration laws can only be described as "racist" "ethnic cleansing" etc. by people who are completely hosed up in the head.

It's absurd. We are suddenly a nation of hysterical crybabies who respond to any disagreement with over the top hyperbole.

Please explain what makes our immigration laws so very generous and liberal as you like to describe them

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think Clinton is stronger than Sanders in a general election.

:agreed:

I also think she's more likely to successfully plow an agenda through despite a recalcitrant Congress, and probably already has a dozen names of good SCOTUS nominees prepared.

I love a lot of Bernie's ideals, but I don't trust him to get the policy ideals passed, nor to deviate from the "how government should work" process ideals enough to advance an agenda. More relevant to this thread, I don't trust him to navigate a general election campaign where ratfucking will be a gentle, everyday how-do-you-do. Even if it's not Trump, the Republican nominee will have a staff refined in bastard-fire from this primary campaign, including any staff they can sign up from their primary opponents' campaigns. Any Democrat who cannot eat hatred to become stronger, will fail.

e: Plus, the atheism thing. If you think Trump or one of the establishment people wouldn't fire that bullet, you're rock-dumb. Imagine Cruz's Canadian citizenship, except the attacked candidate just shrugs and says "well it's not completely untrue but I wouldn't say it's 100% true, and anyway why should it matter?" or whatever Sanders would say.

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 28, 2016

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
You know you guys aren't making this a safe space when you call out Donald for just saying what he thinks.

What you should do is drop your preconceptions and you know just listen to the man.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

nachos posted:

Please explain what makes our immigration laws so very generous and liberal as you like to describe them

I guess not so much the laws as the fact they aren't enforced.

And also birthright citizenship, anchor babies etc things that a lot of other countries are smart enough not to have

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall
Trump's also repeatedly mentioned his "tremendous respect for the Mexican people" so maybe you should believe his nuance on other statements instead of blatantly waving them on. It's ridiculous how he doesn't even get half the benefit of the doubt that other candidates do.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Wait are you arguing that because people are being to mean to Trump on his unprecedentedly racist, sexist, and bigoted campaign that more white men will vote for him?

I'm arguing that the American Left is going to be too stupid and stubborn to learn from Europe and all of this "people have a problem with the current state of immigration and immigrants are nazis" is only going to give the US the same result, which is basically more nazis.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

nachos posted:

Did you know that a lot of countries don't have 10+ million illegal aliens in them???

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Harold Stassen posted:

Yeah when did wanting people who shouldn't be here to not be here become fascism. It's a lovely tactic to bring up dictionary definitions but some people don't know the actual words to describe what they believe in

I think the fascism is more in reference to the stopping all immigration from Muslim countries and asking that Muslims be put in a big database so we can keep an eye on them, I think.

Unless I've missed the thread of this conversation. If so I apologize

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe trump really will start civil war 2 when he tries to abolish the states' new form of dirt cheap labor.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Phlegmish posted:

Venezuelan Jews love Trump. While I have no stats on Mexicans specifically, I can only extrapolate that they, too, love Trump.

Makes sense. After all, Venezuela is what your nation looks like after your own Bernie Sanders comes to power.

AllanGordon posted:

Did you know that a lot of countries don't have 10+ million illegal aliens in them???

Well, not for long, at this rate.

Besides, the raw value is less important than the percentage. What percent of America is illegal immigrants? What percent of Germany? What were those percents one year ago?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

sincx posted:

There's a quote out there about how Trump has two goals in all of this: win, and prevent Bush from winning. He has a personal vendetta against the Bushes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Everyone saying this needs to rewatch the whitehouse correspondent's dinner. Its a reimagining of the pigs blood scene from carrie or the flashback in a batman film where the villain snaps. Trump will do anything to give Obama his biggest poo poo eating grin as he has to hand the keys to the whitehouse over.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Can't we all stop arguing and just agree that this election is very funny

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Zelder posted:

I think the fascism is more in reference to the stopping all immigration from Muslim countries and asking that Muslims be put in a big database so we can keep an eye on them, I think.

Unless I've missed the thread of this conversation. If so I apologize

Well until there's no more 9/11s I guess is the thinking behind that. The flip side would be, why are people so eager to get more muslims into this country? "Makes you think..."

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

It's beautiful.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wall Is Life posted:

Trump's also repeatedly mentioned his "tremendous respect for the Mexican people" so maybe you should believe his nuance on other statements instead of blatantly waving them on. It's ridiculous how he doesn't even get half the benefit of the doubt that other candidates do.

Some people are blinded by prejudice, once they've made up their mind on a candidate, they're set in their views.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
If illegal aliens = slaves then what needs to be done is to set them free and have them go back home where they will be safe from the evil americans who exploit them.

Trump the next Lincoln?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

rear end cobra posted:

it's not funny, because there is a chance that Bernie Sanders may win the Democratic nomination. There is nothing funny about that.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

rear end cobra posted:

Mommy and Daddy aren't fighting. We're just talking. And yes, this is the funniest election in the history of democracy, nobody disagrees with that.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Harold Stassen posted:

Well until there's no more 9/11s I guess is the thinking behind that. The flip side would be, why are people so eager to get more muslims into this country? "Makes you think..."

Wow I can't believe you'vE forgot that we only have one 9/11

You promised! ! !

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Wall Is Life posted:

Go tell your neighbor you think their kids are rapist drug dealers and you're pretty sure they're purposefully encouraging them to go live in your basement.

Then let me know what happens when you tell them you have a lot of respect for them too.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

My Imaginary GF posted:

it's not funny, because there is a chance that Bernie Sanders may win the Democratic nomination. There is nothing funny about that.

Actually Curb Your Enthusiasm is very funny

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/692796380499193856

itshappening.gif

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

He has slain Cruz and will now absorb his power.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

rear end cobra posted:

Actually Curb Your Enthusiasm is very funny

Its really not.

I don't see what's funny about Larry David's life. Sure, HBO tries to get laughs by putting it to music. Sound effects aside, its just the life of a very normal Jewish man.

As unfunny as Bernie Sanders, who is Hissesque in his advocacy of communism.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

also lol at Bush losing 2%, what a lump

My Imaginary GF posted:

I don't see what's funny about Larry David's life. Sure, HBO tries to get laughs by putting it to music. Sound effects aside, its just the life of a very normal Jewish man.
:goonsay:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Sanders has integrity. If he wins, the Democrats could stop being the spineless jellyfish poo poo party.

But this is not the thread for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Too many white people on that show. Basically if you love the KKK then that is the show you watch.

• Locked thread