Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

There are certain things that bother me about the B99 intro: 1) Boyle and Gina have sections that seem a little too "cartoony" compared to the other cast, so they really stand out, and 2) Holt still has his white hair from the pilot, before they changed to his current character look. Semi-related 3) is the the Hulu intro to the show is Jake in his speedo from the pilot which seems like it might turn off new viewers before they get a chance to know the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Butts posted:

Somehow New Girl chat got thrown in here and I think it's confusing a lot of people.

It was related to how other shows hide pregnancy I think. Namely "they wrote out the New Girl from New Girl for a season".

I like how white collar did it, guy's wife got a museum job in Paris and her only appearances for the season were via Skype chats

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Azhais posted:

I like how white collar did it, guy's wife got a museum job in Paris and her only appearances for the season were via Skype chats

Leverage also did this to hide Gina Bellman's pregnancy by having her go on a vacation and showing her on Skype with increasingly ridiculous greenscreens of exotic locales

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah I was talking about New Girl. People are always complaining about the shortened title sequence and it makes no sense to me.

B99 has a great title sequence though, no question.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

DarklyDreaming posted:

Leverage also did this to hide Gina Bellman's pregnancy by having her go on a vacation and showing her on Skype with increasingly ridiculous greenscreens of exotic locales

I miss that show. I watched that and Chuck at the same time and enjoyed the hell out of both.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The only problem with B99's title sequence is it's slightly shorter than 15 seconds so my 15 second DVR skip button isn't perfectly timed for it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah I was talking about New Girl. People are always complaining about the shortened title sequence and it makes no sense to me.

To me, it's the fact it went from something with effort to something that was just ugly. Really bad typeface use and a collage of photos that looked like they should move in sync, but didn't. It looks like a YouTube fan thing not a professional TV show and it says everything that the same ugly typeface on a black background is indeed an improvement.

http://youtu.be/h_YBL30bSaQ

I agree it's not the best show, and I agree that b99 has a cool intro. Isn't it nice to have an intro that doesn't suck?

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 29, 2016

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

There are certain things that bother me about the B99 intro: 1) Boyle and Gina have sections that seem a little too "cartoony" compared to the other cast, so they really stand out, and 2) Holt still has his white hair from the pilot, before they changed to his current character look. Semi-related 3) is the the Hulu intro to the show is Jake in his speedo from the pilot which seems like it might turn off new viewers before they get a chance to know the show.

I personally hope they never take out Gina's little shimmy. It's hilarious.

Also NG's original intro was cute but A) they had a new character and it wouldn't fit and B) now Jess is off for a while so it'd be weird to have her as the focus still. The show in general is way less about her than when it started.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
New Girl has been slowly moving away from Zooey Deschanel as the focal point and that's for the better.

Give me all the Winston :allears:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fateo McMurray posted:

The only problem with B99's title sequence is it's slightly shorter than 15 seconds so my 15 second DVR skip button isn't perfectly timed for it.

I'm with you. I hate B99's intro because it's exactly long enough to almost but not quite be skippable.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I personally hope they never take out Gina's little shimmy. It's hilarious.
I might have missed it, but I'm pretty sure that Gina's shimmy is the only one of those character intros that isn't a part of the pilot episode and it irrationally irritates me every time I see it.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I do like this show but has anyone noticed how this season practically every episode ends with someone doing a sudden turn around and admitting they were wrong in a drawn out way and/or doing something spontaneously nice to make up for how wrong they were? I know it's a pretty common sitcom trope or whatever but I feel like they've been doing it a lot lately. I don't remember it being as prevalent in earlier seasons, but I may be remembering wrong. Otherwise, fun show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GazChap posted:

I might have missed it, but I'm pretty sure that Gina's shimmy is the only one of those character intros that isn't a part of the pilot episode and it irrationally irritates me every time I see it.

No it is and I feel the exact same way even though I like it. Still love the intro, got the song as my ringtone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, that was the best episode in a while. And you know what? I'm really enjoying the Jake and Amy romance.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it's a good pairing, and I like that P&R and B99 and some other shows (incl The Office until the last season I think) realise that setting up a couple just to tease breakups constantly isn't fun for the viewer.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I love intros to shows. The more elaborate the better. I think I had the themes to Angel and Buffy on my ipod once :smith:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

I love intros to shows. The more elaborate the better. I think I had the themes to Angel and Buffy on my ipod once :smith:

I agree with this sentiment. I think that good TV show intros are a lost art that was perfected in the 80's. It's obvious why they're not really done anymore; the time is better used for runtime or ads. Still, I miss the way a good intro would tell you everything you needed to know about a show.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

After you guys pointing out the (now) obvious cover-ups for Melissa Fumero being pregnant, I'm looking forward to being distracted by that during tonights Amy/Jake heavy episode. Can't wait to see Katey Sagal on this show!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This was a good episode. Ban body cams forever

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Amy at her utter cutest this week.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I liked the Jake / Amy / parents story but both the escape room sideplot and the "Boyle's junk got caught on camera" joke that was also stretched out to sideplot length felt really weak. I don't blame them for focusing on Jake & Amy so much (they're super great together) but this season as a whole is pretty low on episodes where everyone's doing the same thing, which is a shame.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 3, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Jake's parents are perfectly cast. It's pretty clear why he is what he is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The escape room felt like they needed something for the rest of the cast to.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Boyle would get fully nude just because he spilled soup on his vest

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Amy being obsessed with the service dog was great. "I hope she can help with your neckpain"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"We feed the dog chocolate until it dies, then while everyone's in mourning..."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damon Wyans Jr. is so much like his old man it's uncanny.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I love how Captain Holt is always stopping Boyle's stories

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Maxwell Lord posted:

"We feed the dog chocolate until it dies, then while everyone's in mourning..."

Even better, she said "while everybody's celebrating."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I missed that.

Up there with "I hope you get aneurism after aneurism after aneurism"

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
FRAUD DOG

FRAUD DOG

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Guess the 2 actresses.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

glassyalabolas posted:

Guess the 2 actresses.

is that from pee-wee?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Stapler, scissors, rubber bands. That man really knows me." :swoon:

this whole episode was amazing. Rosa screaming at the blood guy was so loving good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 17, 2016

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Reed it and weep.

Its my favorite joke of all time.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

TommyGun85 posted:

is that from pee-wee?

Yep. I didn't even notice them until someone pointed it out.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

this whole episode was amazing. Rosa screaming at the blood guy was so loving good.

DO IT! DRAIN ME ALREADY! DON'T LOOK AT THEM LOOK AT ME :black101:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just got caught up. The 9-8 has got to be my favorite episodes of this season. Love that Charles has gotten a lot of dignity recently, being the one to solve both cases.

ShakeZula posted:

Even better, she said "while everybody's celebrating."

That was amazing. She hated that dog so much, it was awesome.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This episode was awesome. The office supplies gift basket was excellent, and Amy, Diaz, and Gina's subplot was hilarious. Come to think of it, all three of the plot threads in this episode were great and had a good payoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, well, I'm not gonna bone Gizmo.

• Locked thread