Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Excerpts from Patch Notes 2.2.10 posted:

• Fixed an issue where the Normal versions of the bosses in White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison would occasionally grant less loot than intended when killed.
  • Camouflaged Hunter: Continued to fix additional issues where this ability could proc multiple times when hitting with a dual wield heavy attack. We will have this fully addressed in a future patch.
  • Combat events that do not involve the player no longer have source unit IDs.

That was a fast fix on spying on your group members' dps. Glad to see a lack of "inspect player"-type shenanigans was a design choice and not just laziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

"Here at Zenimax we don't believe in internal testing. That's why we have you, the PC user, to test our shoddy patches!"

They broke Overload today. Good loving job guys. And don't tell me stam users don't use Overload to put their buff skills on that bar.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

"Here at Zenimax we don't believe in internal testing. That's why we have you, the PC user, to test our shoddy patches!"

They broke Overload today. Good loving job guys. And don't tell me stam users don't use Overload to put their buff skills on that bar.

You're only allowed to get mad at this if you had 100 points in Elemental Expert. A Thaumaturge Sorc is a shameful Sorc.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I didn't commit time and effort into my crafting game so now I want people to suffer for it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there is probably something wrong with me but i enjoy crafting in this game, followed shortly by pvping solely to throw javelins at people

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Scyantific posted:

Dear Zenimax,

Stop loving locking skyshards behind areas where you have to do a quest to access them.

Sincerely,
Everyone who has done more than one character and finds your quests boring.

Example? I've yet to find a skyshard like that.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Just tried the EU server and overload is working again. Let the hate flow through you, etc. Can't say whether or not it works any better wrt stopping your bar abilities working if you spam light attack too much
Also daedric curse seems not to cause desyncing like it used to. I haven't tried summoned daedra (i was playing on my summoner last night and it's a pain in the loving arse because your abilities and heavy attacks randomly stop working if your clannfear targets the same enemy as you)

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

"I spend all my time on the shittiest content in the game! How dare these plebeians craft better armor than my random drops! DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM?!"

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I just got my last bit of gold vr16 armour this morning and I'm very glad I managed that mainly through waiting, rather than grinding
Perhaps now I can get out of the habit of doing craft dailies in the morning before going to loving work

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

vug posted:

Perhaps now I can get out of the habit of doing craft dailies in the morning before going to loving work

"I know, I'll get up early so I can finish my writs before the maintenance." - Me

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

JackBadass posted:

Example? I've yet to find a skyshard like that.

There is at least two or three that jump to mind, I remember the last skyshard in Reapers March is out of reach until you do the entire storyline quests for the area because its in some area where the door only unlocks once you've initiated the quest.

There's another one in the first area for AD that you can only get to once you start a quest as its in a house that's locked until you start the quest.

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

There is at least two or three that jump to mind, I remember the last skyshard in Reapers March is out of reach until you do the entire storyline quests for the area because its in some area where the door only unlocks once you've initiated the quest.

There's another one in the first area for AD that you can only get to once you start a quest as its in a house that's locked until you start the quest.

There's also the one in that cold place in the Rift where you have to stay near the fires or die in 3 seconds, whatever its called. Won't let you go through the cave until you do the quest, and you can't come in backwards because its a cliff on the other side. Plus the area damage crap is just super annoying.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm VR2. When do I go to Craglorn?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I'm VR2. When do I go to Craglorn?

Any time you want after v1. Just go to your faction's capital city, look for the cart, and enter it. It'll be a bit north of the wayshrine in EP, far north of the wayshrine in DC, and just outside to the east in AD.

When you get to Belkarth, fight the bees just past the north exit. If it doesn't go well, you'll need to work on your build or come back at a higher level. Also, you might want to find a group: two of the quests require other people.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 27, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Rift: Forelhost has the shard locked behind a tedious quest (see a few posts above)

Rivenspire: Northpoint shard is locked behind the main quest and can only be retrieved when you're asked to liberate Northpoint.

Auridon: Silsailen's shard is partially quest locked. As I found out Sunday night there's a hidden entrance to the manor through the beach but I'm not sure if you can access it without the quest.

Reaper's March: The Dune shard is quest locked. You have to completely liberate the city there to access it. Doing so also clears what is possibly the best non-DLC grindspot for v7-v13 in the veteran EP zones.

Then there's also the 2 shards that are locked behind each faction's scroll gates but that's a completely different beast. Also it's PvP so just find a campaign that your faction dominates and have at it (easy if you're an AD dweeb since they faceroll every campaign daily; near-impossible if you're EP master race since DC and AD like to team up and poo poo all over EP if they even show a bit of effort in trying to actually PvP).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently, they moved the skyshard in Reaper's March down from the balcony of the Dune Mage's Guild to the hill right next to it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

The Rift: Forelhost has the shard locked behind a tedious quest (see a few posts above)

Rivenspire: Northpoint shard is locked behind the main quest and can only be retrieved when you're asked to liberate Northpoint.

Auridon: Silsailen's shard is partially quest locked. As I found out Sunday night there's a hidden entrance to the manor through the beach but I'm not sure if you can access it without the quest.

Reaper's March: The Dune shard is quest locked. You have to completely liberate the city there to access it. Doing so also clears what is possibly the best non-DLC grindspot for v7-v13 in the veteran EP zones.

Then there's also the 2 shards that are locked behind each faction's scroll gates but that's a completely different beast. Also it's PvP so just find a campaign that your faction dominates and have at it (easy if you're an AD dweeb since they faceroll every campaign daily; near-impossible if you're EP master race since DC and AD like to team up and poo poo all over EP if they even show a bit of effort in trying to actually PvP).

Huh, I never knew about these. I typically clear the map of skyshards once I clear that area's questline, so I guess I just never noticed. Don't have an issue with the PvP ones, though. Bananas and blueberries like to team up on PS4, too, but they still get their asses smeared.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
current eso status: welcome to gear grind PHASE 2 - replacing my 3x kagrenac's hope with molag kena and dragonstar arena weapons :madmax:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I want this pig

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dear Zenimax, just let me use more than one dumb pet at once. I'll make you rich!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I have the goat and he's pretty great

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I just want a pet bunny.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahaha holy poo poo gently caress you Zenimax, I'm not paying 2,000 crowns for the loving Nord Hero costume.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Scyantific posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo gently caress you Zenimax, I'm not paying 2,000 crowns for the loving Nord Hero costume.

For once, I agree with your whining. That loving costume looks like it came from a game circa 1999. Not worth loving $20 or whatever that works out to.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I was going to buy this and post a gloaty picture, but it made my kawaii Nord princess look like a dude. You win this round!

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Any goon guilds on the EU server? Got a very cheap copy of the imperial edition a couple of days ago.

The game world is kinda dull so far imo. Not very vibrant, everything has this dull grey/brown tinge to it.

Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Zenimax Made My Kawaii Nord Princess Look Like A Dude

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Details on Thieves' Guild

Yay more dull and boring solo content. At least let the heists be a group thing.

However I do like that were getting Alliance crafting styles. The Ebonheart stuff looks pretty cool. No word on Yokudan style though.

I'm also very curious to know what *exactly* Lambert and co learned from Trials and Imperial City dungeons. My guess is that they learned that people don't want pure tanks in groups so they will proceed to gently caress tanks even more.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Violent Kitten posted:

Any goon guilds on the EU server? Got a very cheap copy of the imperial edition a couple of days ago.
We're all (I think) on the NA server. Come play with the Trumpets!

Scyantific posted:

Yay more [..] solo content
Yay! :)

e: all of it sounds neat and I want a camel

valuum fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 28, 2016

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Camel mounts are finally coming! :swoon:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That stuff looks cool, especially if all those thieves quests means there's finally a way to reasonably level up doing crime stuff (it won't be)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Thieves Guild Page is up

Ra Gada styled armor. I want this. Let me role play an Elder Scrolls Janissary

Abbah's Watch armor style

Thieves Guild style armor

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Scyantific posted:

The Thieves Guild Page is up

Ra Gada styled armor. I want this. Let me role play an Elder Scrolls Janissary

Abbah's Watch armor style

Thieves Guild style armor

The Ra Gada light and Abbah's watch medium stuff looks kickin rad.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
They need to nerf Redguard style because they're making the rest of us look like fools.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alliance-themed armor, coming with Thieves Guild update

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Not really wowed by any of the crafting styles I've seen for TG. I mean, they're not terrible, but they're kinda on the boring side.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

I hear Zenimax is going to take all the unsold copies of the nord hero costume and bury them in the desert.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, and if there's a better place please let me know.

I've been having some trouble getting into the quests of ESO since they seem to be very lore/dialogue heavy and you don't typically get your xp until after a full questline which is frustrating. I really want to get into the game more though and I think if I was more familiar with Elder Scrolls lore I'd be a lot more interested and invested in the quest structure and design of the game.

So my question is this: Is there any good "go to" resource for Elder Scrolls lore that is easy to follow and has some form of reading order? I'm sure I could browse a wiki somewhere but I'm looking for something that reads more like a history book or a novel but is as comprehensive as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
No Elsweyr, no care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Mr Scumbag posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, and if there's a better place please let me know.

I've been having some trouble getting into the quests of ESO since they seem to be very lore/dialogue heavy and you don't typically get your xp until after a full questline which is frustrating. I really want to get into the game more though and I think if I was more familiar with Elder Scrolls lore I'd be a lot more interested and invested in the quest structure and design of the game.

So my question is this: Is there any good "go to" resource for Elder Scrolls lore that is easy to follow and has some form of reading order? I'm sure I could browse a wiki somewhere but I'm looking for something that reads more like a history book or a novel but is as comprehensive as possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

the "ur-text" is pocket guide to the empire (which came with redguard and is set around the end of the second era), but the games don't actually follow what it says a lot of the time, most notably in that cyrodiil isn't jungle in oblivion or eso.
imperial library and uesp are both good sites for elder scrolls lore, and r/teslore on reddit is good for arguing about the walkabout and the dreamsleeve and shezarrines and that kind of poo poo
also there is the provisional house, michal kirkbride's girlfriend's tumblr, which is pretty good

vug fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 30, 2016

• Locked thread