Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
on my way into work this morning I passed a dipshit who was:
hogging the passing lane while doing 5 under
yakking on her cellphone
and driving on a donut spare.

:commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
On my way home last night I got stuck behind someone doing literally 10-15mph under the limit, driving a crap PT Cruiser. I figured it was some old fart but nope, I passed the car when it took a left turn, and it was some clueless bitch talking on her phone and not paying attention. Then I get to my apartment complex and some rear end in a top hat in a piece of poo poo rusted out pickup decided he didn't want to look where he was going or stay on his side of the road, and drat near hit me head when he was coming out of the parking lot.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I also got roadraged hard by some dude in a purple E350 who was driving like a douchebag in traffic on i90/i95. That was actually fun, I kinda wish he had totaled my turd because it's worth drat near double to the insurance company what it is to any sane buyer and we were doing like 10mph so it probably wouldn't have even hurt.

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
After work yesterday I'm getting on the highway and the guy I'm pulling behind in the right lane brakes in such a way that at first I think he's brake checking me but I can't figure out why. I haven't been around him long enough for even an imagined slight against him. We didn't even race for position in the right lane.

I slow down and get behind him and he brakes again and veers to the left. Now he's straddling the line between the lanes, and slowly starts to move back to the right before suddenly moving all the way into the left lane and braking again.

As I pass him on the right I look over and of course the poo poo head is looking down at his phone. I wish doing stupid poo poo was painful.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Seen this car around for a while. No idea what hosed up his mirror but the guy never even tried to tape it into a position he could at least use.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Props for parking properly between the line in a handicap slot, which almost never happens around me anymore. Usually they treat the hashmark area as part of their territory and jam their car in at whatever angle is convenient at the time.

Maybe that's what broke the mirror, a driver trying to get into a neighboring handicapped spot was thrown off by competent parking and clipped him.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

There are two cyclists in this image, can you find them both?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

xzzy posted:

Props for parking properly between the line in a handicap slot, which almost never happens around me anymore. Usually they treat the hashmark area as part of their territory and jam their car in at whatever angle is convenient at the time.

Maybe that's what broke the mirror, a driver trying to get into a neighboring handicapped spot was thrown off by competent parking and clipped him.

If a person is legit allowed to park in a handicapped spot, what's wrong with being on the hash marks? those are there so people in other spots leave room for wheelchair lifts, etc. It's not like that space can be used for anything else. Parking partially on the hash marks perhaps leaves room on the other side of the car for a wheelchair lift on the other side. Or maybe they like parking at an angle. It doesn't interfere with anyone else so why care?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because if I have to park within the lines, everyone else should too.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Not really related directly to the handicap spots, but the parking at my office got so bad that they had security start issuing tickets to people who couldn't park at least reasonably within the lines. Since we have to have stickers to park in the lot, they know exactly who it is when they park like a moron.

There are no 'fines' associated with bad parking, but if they get repeat offenses they get written up and in theory could be fired at some point.

Within about 6 months everyone had magically learned to park mostly straight and within the lines.

Conclusion: People can park just fine if they want to, they are just too loving lazy and don't give a poo poo about anyone else.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Ludicro posted:

One is under the back wheels, and the other is on top of the van?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I've been driving around San Diego for about hour today (instead of my normal Central IL / Chicago experiences. So far, nobody has done anything stupid. I'm impressed!

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Uthor posted:

I've been driving around San Diego for about hour today (instead of my normal Central IL / Chicago experiences. So far, nobody has done anything stupid. I'm impressed!

Give it time, the really bad ones still have their cars in the shop after the rain.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

protastic posted:

Give it time, the really bad ones still have their cars in the shop after the rain.

I got to drive through legendary SoCal rush hour traffic soon after that post and saw some poo poo.

Then I was driving home from a wake and the dude behind me got tboned out of nowhere (it was night and I have no idea where the tbonie came from).

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Uthor posted:

(it was night and I have no idea where the tbonie came from).

The T-boner from nowhere. The guy collected would be the bonee.

The bonee is boned. Totally bonerized.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Uthor posted:

I got to drive through legendary SoCal rush hour traffic soon after that post and saw some poo poo.

And you were in SD. That doesn't compare to LA.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

nm posted:

And you were in SD. That doesn't compare to LA.

Nah; SD drivers are just as poo poo as LA, the highways are just more stacked in LA so it seems like they are worse. There's more of them to see.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
As I was coming around an onramp late last night (with no line of sight or lighting) I suddenly came upon a BMW with headlights off/flashers stopped on right side of the one lane ramp with a person walking around the left side of the vehicle casually examining the tires/wheels as I squeezed by on the left. I can't understand any reason why they would either not be parked 200-300ft further up on the shoulder/grass at the end of the ramp or standing far away from their (presumably dead) vehicle with all lights left on if possible. I'm so glad I didn't run his stupid rear end over because it would have been a fatality.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Ludicro posted:

I can barely see the biker on the right, guessing the other one is the reason the car is braking. Any idiot that goes out in the dark and doesn't wear visible gear around cars deserves whatever happens.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nitrogen posted:

One is under the back wheels, and the other is on top of the van?

I think the question is where they are, not where you want them to be.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

protastic posted:

I don't think it's even in the shop yet.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
These are the horses you share the road with

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Militant horse riders are ten times worse than militant cyclists.

At least bikes don't drop cubic feet of poo poo behind them in the middle of the roadway.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

Javid posted:

At least bikes don't drop cubic feet of poo poo behind them in the middle of the roadway.

They just haul about 120-200 pounds of poo poo on the bike.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Javid posted:

Also, 99% of "horse people" are certifiably loving insane.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

PenisMonkey posted:

They just haul about 120-200 pounds of poo poo on the bike.

Yesterday I was riding my bike down a quiet, wide street. About the only other car on the road is the guy going by me, with a passenger hanging out the window screaming "get the gently caress off the road" while flipping me off. But yeah, I'm the piece of poo poo.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jamal posted:

Yesterday I was riding my bike down a quiet, wide street. About the only other car on the road is the guy going by me, with a passenger hanging out the window screaming "get the gently caress off the road" while flipping me off. But yeah, I'm the piece of poo poo.

He's just worried he'll see you at the last second because he's posting on an intermet comedy forum and driving, brake hard, and his dog will claw his balls, making him crash.

Bike hater's impotence would be hilarious if it wasn't for their neglectful handling of 4000lbs of metal killing people.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

imo if horses are allowed to poo poo in the road, I should be able to also

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Was behind some dude in a Camero going about 85 down the interstate on a donut. He passed up 5 exits before he vanished into the distance, so I guess he wasn't in much of a hurry to get a real tire. Gave that guy some extra room.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/heXjzjk.gifv

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
No brakes. Smooth operator.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I don't think any other vehicles in that clip were hit. That's incredible.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
saw a busted as gently caress Chrysler Sebring(that was redundant!) with Chevy TEXAS EDITION badging on it. god bless that person.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder if the driver had a stroke or black out

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
eh nevermind, bad post.

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 30, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My first guess is they had their phone up their nose and looked up at the last second to notice stopped traffic. Panic swerve, hop the curb, target fixate on the left turning car in front of them, serve some more until something solid stops them.

You can see them hauling rear end in the biker's side mirror so it wasn't like they floored it to get around traffic.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

nm posted:

Bike hater's impotence would be hilarious if it wasn't for their neglectful handling of 4000lbs of metal killing people.

About all I could do was sit up and laugh. He did at least give me a 3 foot safe passing distance like the sign said.

One thing I've learned is that guys really calm down when you start taking pictures and video and mention the police. Probably a good indication of who is actually in the wrong.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Welp, just saw a guy in a pickup truck try to kill himself. Not only does he pull out in front of me with only a couple hundred feet to spare, he swings wide into the left-hand turn lane a few hundred feet away, sharply corrects into the left-hand lane, proceeds to drift into a sharp right curve until he smacks the guardrail and nearly launches himself into a cotton field by nearly missing the equally sharp left curve before speeding away as fast as his late 00s GM truck product could take him.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

xzzy posted:

My first guess is they had their phone up their nose and looked up at the last second to notice stopped traffic. Panic swerve, hop the curb, target fixate on the left turning car in front of them, serve some more until something solid stops them.

You can see them hauling rear end in the biker's side mirror so it wasn't like they floored it to get around traffic.

Could've been mechanical failure too, like brakes going out completely on them. A lot of people panic and freak out when something like that happens, and their first instinct is usually "swerve to avoid other people" rather than trying the e-brake or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014

Javid posted:

You can't actually control the bowel movements of a horse. Also, where do you live that people are riding horses on trafficked roads?