Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Fish of hemp posted:

This is something really odd. What made people think that PS was actually a left wing party? Because this was always brought up, even by otherwise smart people. "They have leftist economic policies, you know, they care about the little man, they're actually communists in disguise". Well gently caress no they weren't and aren't. How did that happen?

PS is letting Kok and Kepu do whatever they want, so we still haven't seen what Pers economic policy would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

PS is letting Kok and Kepu do whatever they want, so we still haven't seen what Pers economic policy would be.

Literally the entirety of Pers consists of imbeciles. They don't have an economic policy.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Jerry Cotton posted:

Literally the entirety of Pers consists of imbeciles. They don't have an economic policy.

We did cut kehitysapu.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Nauta posted:

mitä vittua sä nyt mussutat? käsittämättömiä olkiukkoja

no onko se vitun totaalinen sota tulossa vai eikö se oo?

Tuossa:

Nauta posted:

monien vuosikymmenien tai -satojen rauhanjaksot eivät ole historiassa poikkeus, mutta ne ovat aina päättyneet sotaan. väkivallassa on se hyvä puoli, että sitä ymmärtää kaikki eliöt alimmasta ameebasta aina korkeimpaan punavihreään humanistiin asti. useimmilta unohtuu, että ihminen on lajina vitun tyhmä elukka, ja useimmiten resurssien huvetessa kilpailu ja sitä myöten väkivalta lisääntyy lajista riippumatta. jos joku aikuisten oikeesti luulee, ettei esim. euroopassa sodita enää koskaan niin terveisiä 1900-luvun alusta ja :downs:

Lopeta se tolun kippaaminen kun vielä osaat kirjoittaa, ehkä se ajattelukyky ja lähimuistikin palautuu joskus.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

Maybe their economic policy is to let others do the economic policy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fish of hemp posted:

This is something really odd. What made people think that PS was actually a left wing party? Because this was always brought up, even by otherwise smart people. "They have leftist economic policies, you know, they care about the little man, they're actually communists in disguise". Well gently caress no they weren't and aren't. How did that happen?

gently caress if I know (besides SDP steadily moving to the right for the past decades, of course) but any illusions about where persut really stand seem to be gone by now, and hopefully they'll stay gone. A pity that we have to endure this loving clownshow of a government in order to get the point across, though.

doverhog posted:

There are basically two possibilities here. The first is that Persut have no significant differences in economic policy when compared to the rest of the bourgie parties. The second is that they'd prefer another economic policy, but that sweet, sweet minsterinsalkku outweighed any principles about not shafting everybody except the rich.

Neither option reflects very well on the hypothetical pers economic policy.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 28, 2016

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
LA and any other leftist party would sell out in the same manner for their one ministerial spot (see: LA in Katainen govts), maybe they'd make a bit more noise about somethings but otherwise it'd be the exact same. The electorate overwhelmingly gave the mandate until 2019 for economically center-right parties to govern, PS just figured that they wouldn't stand in the way if they could influence other things. But they've failed pretty hard at influencing most other things, though that's partly due to factors outside of their control. And by that I mean the one non-economic thing everyone will remember was the refugee flood, and that was going to happen anyway - PS doesn't have much control over that.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Geriatric Pirate posted:

LA and any other leftist party

Yes we keep hearing how TF is a leftist party, but were their actual leftist policies? What did they proposed that made them seem left?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Fish of hemp posted:

Yes we keep hearing how TF is a leftist party, but were their actual leftist policies? What did they proposed that made them seem left?

Pers isn't leftist, but they're not rabidly anti-union either like Cock and Kusta. That's where Putkonen and Lindström come from.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Veropolitiikka

Eduskuntavaaliohjelmassa 2011 perussuomalaiset vaati jyrkempää progressiota verotukseen, lapsiperheille verovähennyksiä, perintöveron lakkauttamista asuntojen osalta ja alempaa ruoan, autojen ja polttoaineiden verotusta. Puolueen mielestä suurten perintöjen verotusta ei saa laskea.[29] Perussuomalaiset halusivat kiristää yritysten osinkoveroa ja yli 5 000 euroa kuussa ansaitsevien verotusta sekä korottaa pääomatuloveron 30 %:iin sekä perua energiaverojen korotukset.[30] Vaaliohjelma vastusti myös niin sanottuja ”vihreitä veroja” kuten ruuhkamaksuja. Vihreä verouudistus veisi puolueen mielestä teollisuustyöpaikat ja tulisi vähävaraisille kalliiksi.[31]

Perussuomalaiset on vaatinut varallisuusveron palauttamista.[29][32] Pääomatuloverotuksesta pitäisi puolueen mukaan tehdä progressiivinen yksityishenkilöille, ja suurten säätiöiden sekä yritysten kaikista pääomatuloista verollisia. Pieni- ja keskituloisten ihmisten ja pienyritysten verotusta ei saa kiristää.[29]

Yhteisöveron laskua 24,5 prosentista 20 prosenttiin perussuomalaiset piti vuoden 2014 vaihtoehtobudjetissaan hätiköitynä ratkaisuna ja kannatti veron laskua enintään 22 prosenttiin. Myös arvonlisäveron korotusta vuoden 2013 alussa perussuomalaiset pitivät virheenä ja rahoittaisivat prosentin alennuksen Kela-maksun palauttamisella yksityiselle sektorille.[32]

Perussuomalaiset vastustavat Suomen ”yltiömarkkinavetoista” suuntaa ja kannattavat hyvinvointivaltiota.[33] Valtion pitää kaventaa tuloeroja. Finanssikriisi pitää panna finanssimarkkinoiden ja ”suurpääomapiirien” maksettavaksi.[34]
Sosiaali- ja terveyspolitiikka

Eduskuntavaaliohjelmassaan 2011 puolue vaati perusturvan parantamista ja sen sekä lapsilisien sitomista kuluttajahintaindeksiin.[35] Suurituloisten lapsilisiä piti perussuomalaisten mukaan leikata ja pienituloisia kannustaa lastenhankintaan. Toimeentulotuesta ei tullut vähentää lapsilisiä ja yksinhuoltajakorotuksia. Alle 4 000 euroa kuussa ansaitsevia lapsiperheitä lisätuettaisiin lapsivähennyksellä.[36]

Työeläkkeiden ”taitettua indeksiä” pitäisi parantaa, ja nuorten eläkekarttumaprosenttia korottaa.[37]

Puolue haluaa parantaa vanhustenhoidon ja vammaishoidon tasoa ja on huolissaan terveydenhoidon pätkätöistä ja epäpätevistä työntekijöistä. Omaishoitajien työ on korvattava paremmin.[38] Puolueen mielestä sosiaali- ja terveyspalveluissa tulisi aina säilyttää julkinen palveluntuotanto yksityisen rinnalla ja palvelumaksuja pitäisi laskea.[39]

Vaaliohjelmassaan perussuomalaiset vaativat kyläkoulujen säilyttämistä[31] ja pieniä luokkakokoja.[37] Puolue pitää tärkeänä taito- ja taideaineiden sekä liikunnan opetuksen lisäämistä, ruotsin muuttamista vapaaehtoiseksi aineeksi peruskoulussa, ylempien korkeakoulututkintojen pakollisen virkamiesruotsin poistoa sekä opintotuen sitomista indeksiin.[40]
Työelämä ja valtionyritykset

Työehtoja rikkovia työnantajia tulee puolueen mukaan rangaista ankarasti sekä harmaata taloutta ja talousrikollisuutta torjua.[41]

Perussuomalaiset haluaa pysäyttää valtionhallinnon "tuottavuusohjelman", koska heistä se on pelkkä ”irtisanomisohjelma”.[41]

Työeläkerahastoja ja valtion rahoja pitää käyttää enemmän suomalaiseen työhön.[37][41] Valtion tulisi toimia aktiivisena omistajana suomalaisen työn edistämiseksi.[41] Puolue kannattaa Veikkauksen ja RAY:n monopoleja, ja sen mielestä Yleisradion tehtäviä ei voi jättää markkinoiden armoille.[42]

Puolueen mukaan ylikansalliset yritykset polkevat työntekijöiden oikeuksia kehitysmaissa ja jakavat miljardivoittoja omistajilleen. Niiltä pitää ottaa rahaa ilmastoinvestointeihin.[43]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

So, like, this was the program of one of the parties that were given this overwhelming mandate for governing "economically centre-right"?

Guess it's a good thing that it all turned out to be lies, or else you would look kinda dumb right now.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Fish of hemp posted:

missä vaiheessa mä olen totaalisesta sodasta puhunut? projisoit nyt omat fallout-fantasias muhun taliaivo. sotia käydään vain siellä missä on sotajoukkoja. vaikka täällä kuinka tanner jyskäis ja aitaa kaatuis, suurimmassa osassa maailmaa ei tapahtuis yhtään mitään. suurimmalle osalle ihmisistä sota täällä olis yhtä kaukanen asia kuin meille esim. syyria ym. lähi-itä. yleensä sodat myös päättyy toisen osapuolen voittoon tavalla tai toisella. nykyset sodat on yhtä harmaa muisto 70 vuoden kuluttua ku esim. toinen maailmansota on meille nyt

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kemper Boyd posted:

Also the people who claim to be the leaders of the anti-immigration movements are loving nuts. Case in point: Suski Kaukinen.

Vihervassarit ja anarkistit tuppaavat olemaan "loving nuts", juu

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

So, like, this was the program of one of the parties that were given this overwhelming mandate for governing "economically centre-right"?

Guess it's a good thing that it all turned out to be lies, or else you would look kinda dumb right now.

Still mad about the result, huh? Even without PS, you could have had a center right govt, while both of the main left wing parties had huge losses. PS might be left wing but that's not why people voted for them (Greece and immigrants being the main reasons)

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Fish of hemp posted:

Considering that every year there's a nonzero chance of nuclear apocalypse and that we have many billion years to live here, it's almost inevitable unless the chance becomes zero. :)

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

Jurase Park -dinosaurus­puisto hämmentää Vantaalla: rahoituskumppani vetäytyi, kaupunki pyytää selvityksiä

Jurase Park Oy:n omistaa Leppäniemen vaimo Sumalee SaeLeaw. Leppäniemen taustoista kirjoitti esimerkiksi Suomen Kuvalehti. Jutussa mainitaan, että hän on saanut ehdollisen tuomion useista törkeistä petoksista. Lisäksi kerrotaan hänen aikaisemmasta yrityksestään nimeltään Perhemediat, jolta on viety kymmeniä tapauksia käräjille.

Jurase Parkin Facebook-sivulle on jo kirjoitettu humoristisia ”arvioita” ja viittauksia Hämeenlinnaan puuhattuun Sunny Car Center -autokauppaan. Tämän Leppäniemi kuittaa sillä, että tässä maailman tilassa halutaan rakentaa negatiivisuutta.

Tekijänoikeusongelmat Jurassic Park -teeman käytöstä Leppäniemi sälyttää alihankkijoiden vastuulle.
”Kyllä me luotamme yhteistyötahoihimme. Ne ovat Kiinan suurimpia tavarantoimittajia.”

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Fish of hemp posted:

Well it kind of depends. The polls are a pretty clear about how a lot of TF voters thought that their economic policies would be like, unless you think that the dip is explained entirely by the asylum seeker situation. It has been discussed earlier about how their support probably wouldn't have plummeted like this if they had been in a CP+TF+SDP government, and I still believe that, even though we can never be certain. At this point I'd say that the party leadership has been either completely incompetent or just indifferent, or both.

I've said it a lot of times, but I'll say it again: My perception stems from almost every single one of my TF-voting acquaintances being factory workers in the age group of under-40. I have been on a strike with these people for far smaller amount of money that these so called "pakkolait" would take from them. I am pretty sure that many of them are feeling very betrayed and aghast now.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Idea that Pers are a leftwing party probably stems more from the fact that in Finland, left has generally been the workers than any of their actual policies.

What really sucks is that SDP seems to have learned nothing from this, so we can all look forward to those 40 year old factory workers just not voting, thus cementing Cock reign while Rinne hems about sosiaalidemokraattisista arvoista.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Puistokemisti posted:

What really sucks is that SDP seems to have learned nothing from this, so we can all look forward to those 40 year old factory workers just not voting, thus cementing Cock reign while Rinne hems about sosiaalidemokraattisista arvoista.
The next election cycle: SDP will be in the government and squander its windfall popularity. They will concentrate mostly on pensioners' issues, because that's what the baby boomers want.

(This is not a serious prediction, too early for those. There's still more than three years to the next parliament election.)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Still mad about the result, huh? Even without PS, you could have had a center right govt, while both of the main left wing parties had huge losses.

Given the ensuing parade of incompetence and buffoonery from our current government, I don't see why any reasonable person should be happy about the election result. Therefore the whole "u mad bro" thing confused me for a second until I remembered who I was replying to.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

PS might be left wing but that's not why people voted for them (Greece and immigrants being the main reasons)

Let's review the numbers here. Compared to the elections, pers is down ~8%. Likewise SDP is up ~6%, and the only other party that has made significant gains is the greens. Assuming that pers voters aren't moving to the greens, which seems far-fetched, the obvious conclusion is that pers voters are moving en masse to SDP.

Now, SDP isn't exactly known for being more hardline on immigrants and Greece when compared to pers, making it unlikely that these are the cause for the movement. So what reasonable explanations does this leave us with? And what does this say about why these 8% voted for pers in the first place? We leave figuring this one out as an exercise to the reader.

Besides that, pers has proven that they are anything but left wing by now, and to pretend otherwise is absurd.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 29, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

loving brown people showing up at my door by the tens of thousands uninvited and i dont even have enough coffee for tomorrow morning. Gonna call over my buddy niggerstomper58 who will insanely and brutally murder all of them with bazookas if they don't go back to their war-torn countries. Ungrateful pricks

Hey, I told you my irl nick in confidence!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I can only speak for myself, obviously, but don't mistake my aversion to OhYeah-style “neekerit commits a crime” RSS-feed posting for a lack of concern. It is not, I assure you. Nor is criminal North-African vagrants and street children an issue that goes unnoticed generally, despite however much you imagine it to be the case.

Your country locked the only party that has showed any interest dealing with immigration related issues (apart from "we need more beds for them" and "there is infinite space") out of the democratic process though. It wasn't that long ago anyone saying that there might be problems a foot was branded a racist and ostracized. So and argument that oh sure Swedes who matter really give a poo poo doesn't seem to hold water very well...

I'm sure now that the cat is the table a bit a lot of folks will try to forget all of that, though, and play the balderdash, we've always been openly discussing these issues -angle?

That said I'm sure there are plenty of average Swedes who are worried as hell, and have been for a long time, but dare not speak out because of the sick political atmosphere. They might be suspected for being SD symphatizers, and that won't do!

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

Yes all of the tens of thousands are even at this very moment out there on our streets, raping and pillaging and shouting their musselman curses and burning cars and

no wait actually they aren't

I'll never get these moral signaling tolerance clowns who can see two colours and nothing in between, and willl smugly say something like that. As long as every single new comer is not actively not engaged in some anti-social act, no problem! And saying otherwise is racis'

Yeah, nobody is saying they are. Anyone with a pair of eyes who can read our daily papers should have noticed they still overwork the police to an extent 30k of them brought a force used to taking care of 5 million people into a crisis really fast, and of last count was it, 14 or 15 confirmed rapes and at least one gang rape. The next smugface talking point is "dahhh, never mind, Finns also commit crimes" but it is yet unclear how that is supposed to make us feel better about having even more people behaving like poo poo. Especially if they are foreigners who are supposedly here because they need our hospitality and protection? There should be zero tolerance for that and one problem doesn't make a new one any better.

One always thinks if it were possible to kick out criminally active "asylum seekers" we wouldn't have much of an issue though. But to the joy of unelmaväki our human rights are solidly set on a level that will protect any foreigner over Finnish citizens so all good :3

Ligur fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 29, 2016

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

vuohi posted:

Well it kind of depends. The polls are a pretty clear about how a lot of TF voters thought that their economic policies would be like, unless you think that the dip is explained entirely by the asylum seeker situation. It has been discussed earlier about how their support probably wouldn't have plummeted like this if they had been in a CP+TF+SDP government, and I still believe that, even though we can never be certain. At this point I'd say that the party leadership has been either completely incompetent or just indifferent, or both.

The best loving thing is how Soini and Lindström are going like "well you see the dip in the polls is because our government policies have not yet taken effect, but it will change when people see how great all this stuff that we're working on is, really, just wait and see!!" Well actually no you goddamn retards, the policies you are working on are making things and life MUCH WORSE for your supporters than they've ever been and there's no loving way that will turn your sinking ship around.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Ligur posted:

I'll never get these moral signaling tolerance clowns who can see two colours and nothing in between, and willl smugly say something like that. As long as every single new comer is not actively not engaged in some anti-social act, no problem! And saying otherwise is racis'

Yeah, nobody is saying they are. Anyone with a pair of eyes who can read our daily papers should have noticed they still overwork the police to an extent 30k of them brought a force used to taking care of 5 million people into a crisis really fast, and of last count was it, 14 or 15 confirmed rapes and at least one gang rape. The next smugface talking point is "dahhh, never mind, Finns also commit crimes" but it is yet unclear how that is supposed to make us feel better about having even more people behaving like poo poo. Especially if they are foreigners who are supposedly here because they need our hospitality and protection? There should be zero tolerance for that and one problem doesn't make a new one any better.

Please tell how you're planning to separate these asylum seekers who come here with criminal intent, as their numbers seem to be around way, way less than 1% of the total amount of arrivals? I mean, really, how is this not a case of an extremely small minority turning to grimdark criminal ways with the huge, huge majority behaving nicely without any issues whatsoever?

What sort of screening process could we use, besides forming a corps of telepathic border guards?

"22 turvapaikanhakijaa oli viime vuonna epäiltynä seksuaalisesta ahdistelusta, 13 raiskauksesta, 12 törkeästä raiskauksesta ja kaksi pakottamisesta seksuaaliseen tekoon."
http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1454035393467?ref=hs-art-new-#9

Yes I can see how this is a horrible problem that plunges our entire country into chaos and crime and genocide.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Good job Hovioikeus, cultural enrichers just got another confirmation using the threat of honour violence and beating up your sister for that reason is acceptable in Finland.

Meniköhän taas kuinka hyvin, ja onkohan signaali se mikä me oikeasti halutaan antaa? Paitsi unelmaväen mielestä, jotka ei näe mitään eroa em. menettelyssä ja siinä, että Pera hakkaa kännissä vaimoaan. Ja onhan tärkeää, että tulijat pitävät omasta kulttuuristaan kiinni, muuten ei olisi monikulttuurista ja suvaitsevaista.

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

What sort of screening process could we use, besides forming a corps of telepathic border guards?

"22 turvapaikanhakijaa oli viime vuonna epäiltynä seksuaalisesta ahdistelusta, 13 raiskauksesta, 12 törkeästä raiskauksesta ja kaksi pakottamisesta seksuaaliseen tekoon."
http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1454035393467?ref=hs-art-new-#9

Yes I can see how this is a horrible problem that plunges our entire country into chaos and crime and genocide.

Here we go again, only black and white and nothing between. Either it's all good or then it's all chaos and genocide? You dimwit. As for actual rapes the new comers have caused a lot of other hassle this far.

And as for your screening bullshit that's a strawman. Kick out or reject residense permits for criminally inclined "asylum seekers" when they act according to their inclications and we're good. Then we'd get rid of this oh so tiny minority, and racists couldn't complain about criminally inclined new comers. Kaksi kärpästä yhdellä iskulla! We're just not doing that.

edit: not 100% sure, but I have a gut feeling ALLAN is one of those people who think the polttopulloguys (who fail to injure anyone) and viittamiehet are the worst thing ever, a proof of the nazi conspiracy, and a sign of a terrible problem plaguing our society, but new comers actually raping young local girls? Like seen above: bah, who cares. I can only imagne his reaction if the Soldiers of Odin or whoever started beating up or raping new comers instead. Pretty sure it wouldn't be "lol no problem" anymore.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 29, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ligur posted:

Good job Hovioikeus, cultural enrichers just got another confirmation using the threat of honour violence and beating up your sister for that reason is acceptable in Finland.

Noh, noh, pitää ymmärtää muita kulttuureja. Älä ole ennakkoluuloton, kuten eräs karvaturpa sanoisi.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Ligur posted:

Meniköhän taas kuinka hyvin, ja onkohan signaali se mikä me oikeasti halutaan antaa? Paitsi unelmaväen mielestä, jotka ei näe mitään eroa em. menettelyssä ja siinä, että Pera hakkaa kännissä vaimoaan. Ja onhan tärkeää, että tulijat pitävät omasta kulttuuristaan kiinni, muuten ei olisi monikulttuurista ja suvaitsevaista.

Here we go again, only black and white and nothing between. Either it's all good or then it's all chaos and genocide? You dimwit. As for actual rapes the new comers have caused a lot of other hassle this far.

And as for your screening bullshit that's a strawman. Kick out or reject residense permits for criminally inclined "asylum seekers" when they act according to their inclications and we're good. Then we'd get rid of this oh so tiny minority, and racists couldn't complain about criminally inclined new comers. Kaksi kärpästä yhdellä iskulla! We're just not doing that.

edit: not 100% sure, but I have a gut feeling ALLAN is one of those people who think the polttopulloguys (who fail to injure anyone) and viittamiehet are the worst thing ever, a proof of the nazi conspiracy, and a sign of a terrible problem plaguing our society, but new comers actually raping young local girls? Like seen above: bah, who cares. I can only imagne his reaction if the Soldiers of Odin or whoever started beating up or raping new comers instead. Pretty sure it wouldn't be "lol no problem" anymore.

Ligur, you're basically ignoring real evidence here and sticking to your beliefs. You are basically the person you've spent hundreds of pages bashing.

Say it: "I have seen the evidence, refugees are not a threat to Finland"

SAY IT!

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Ligur posted:

Kick out or reject residense permits for criminally inclined "asylum seekers" when they act according to their inclications and we're good.

OK great so we agree on this, but how are these fresh outta the police department figures about over 99,9% of asylum seekers causing no problems relating to your earlier comments about how "tens of thousands coming here and behaving like poo poo"?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Oldsmobile posted:

Ligur, you're basically ignoring real evidence here and sticking to your beliefs. You are basically the person you've spent hundreds of pages bashing.

SAY IT!

I hate to be the Ligur here, but you do realize that a mass immigration of fundamentalists isn't going to help the society when we just got rid of the old fundamentalists (apart from the jehovas and other hihhulilahkolaiset)?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

OK great so we agree on this, but how are these fresh outta the police department figures about over 99,9% of asylum seekers causing no problems relating to your earlier comments about how "tens of thousands coming here and behaving like poo poo"?

I thought he was talking about people from Ostrobothnia and other parts of Lapland flooding into Finland Proper?

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Darkest Auer posted:

I hate to be the Ligur here, but you do realize that a mass immigration of fundamentalists isn't going to help the society when we just got rid of the old fundamentalists (apart from the jehovas and other hihhulilahkolaiset)?

I realize that you can tell me any number of imaginary or theoretical threats and not have to take any responsibility for your words if they don't materialize. Yet can go around saying triumphantly "told you so" if they do.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Oldsmobile posted:

I realize that you can tell me any number of imaginary or theoretical threats and not have to take any responsibility for your words if they don't materialize. Yet can go around saying triumphantly "told you so" if they do.

Hmm yes, curing the disease is better than preventing it

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Darkest Auer posted:

Hmm yes, curing the disease is better than preventing it

Liquidating all potential patients IS technically preventing it. Yes.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

What fresh figures that 99,9% of asylum seekers cause no problems? I missed that. You understand the rape figure is just a tiny portion of poliisityö, jota se porukka teettää? Häirintää, pahoinpitelyjä, varkauksia ynnä muuta piisaa kyllä jos uutisiin on uskominen.

And yes, tens of thousands did come here, and (some) do behave like poo poo, that is not supposed to read every single one of them does. It's a loving common figure of speech.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Oldsmobile posted:

SAY IT!

what the gently caress are you talking about?

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Ligur posted:

What fresh figures that 99,9% of asylum seekers cause no problems?

here's some stuff

Edit: oh it was linked already. Nevermind. Any comments on that article?

Golden Gate Bride fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 29, 2016

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

Given the ensuing parade of incompetence and buffoonery from our current government, I don't see why any reasonable person should be happy about the election result. Therefore the whole "u mad bro" thing confused me for a second until I remembered who I was replying to.
The election result was fine, the policies have been great, the execution has been the only thing that's been a bit weak.

quote:

Let's review the numbers here. Compared to the elections, pers is down ~8%. Likewise SDP is up ~6%, and the only other party that has made significant gains is the greens. Assuming that pers voters aren't moving to the greens, which seems far-fetched, the obvious conclusion is that pers voters are moving en masse to SDP.

Now, SDP isn't exactly known for being more hardline on immigrants and Greece when compared to pers, making it unlikely that these are the cause for the movement. So what reasonable explanations does this leave us with? And what does this say about why these 8% voted for pers in the first place? We leave figuring this one out as an exercise to the reader.

Besides that, pers has proven that they are anything but left wing by now, and to pretend otherwise is absurd.

How does that change anything I said? Aside from the fact that the votes might have shifted PS->SDP because now they realize that PS isn't all that special when it comes to immigrants either, it doesn't change the fact that during the election, these guys opted to vote for the one issue party instead of the left wing party. And since most others voted for the center-right parties, the electorate gave a clear mandate to the center-right. It doesn't matter what the opinion polls show now, hell you could even argue that those PS voters have all of a sudden turned "left wing" now that unions are threatened.

---

Also lol at the people who are taking the 47 sexual crimes as some sort of representative statistic. Most of the asylum seekers have been here less than 6 months (and those stats are for 2015 so they ignore Iraqi New Year's celebrations for example). Now of course 47 crimes isn't the end of the world (there were 3000 sexual crimes reported/committed in Finland in 2014), but what they managed to do in their first few months here while living in a home and being uncertain of their status isn't representative of their long term impact on crime stats.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Melkein ko tilauksesta! The police just had an infotilaisuus.

Immigrant rapes up by 20%, asylum seekers involved in roughly 900 crime cases incl. 50 rapes or other molestings (asylum seekers were registered individually during the last 3 months only, though), the numbers include 4000 assaults (up 24%), and perhaps the numbers we should most care about foreigners committed 13,6% of all assaults and 26,9% of all rapes while only, what 3% of the people living here are foreigners?

Yes I know viherkukkis argument that hah! Foreigners! Not immigrants! But does anyone honestly believe any sizeable portion of the perps are tourists or perhaps businessmen on a vist, instead of migrants who temporarily or permanently live here...

26,9% of rapes and people insist there is nothing to see here, and I must admit no problem exists? Nah.

edit: also regarding the claim that turvikset do not show really show in police work, just Kaakkois-Suomen police had 248 emergency calls to VOKs between October and January 20th, so that's like 2,2 a day and there have been "more calls elsewhere in Finland". Hmmm. That sounds like a lot of additional work to me.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 29, 2016

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ligur posted:

Melkein ko tilauksesta! The police just had an infotilaisuus.

Immigrant rapes up by 20%, asylum seekers involved in roughly 900 crime cases incl. 50 rapes or other molestings (asylum seekers were registered individually during the last 3 months only, though), the numbers include 4000 assaults (up 24%), and perhaps the numbers we should most care about foreigners committed 13,6% of all assaults and 26,9% of all rapes while only, what 3% of the people living here are foreigners?

Yes I know viherkukkis argument that hah! Foreigners! Not immigrants! But does anyone honestly believe any sizeable portion of the perps are tourists or perhaps businessmen on a vist, instead of migrants who temporarily or permanently live here...

26,9% of rapes and people insist there is nothing to see here, and I must admit no problem exists? Nah.

edit: also regarding the claim that turvikset do not show really show in police work, just Kaakkois-Suomen police had 248 emergency calls to VOKs between October and January 20th, so that's like 2,2 a day and there have been "more calls elsewhere in Finland". Hmmm. That sounds like a lot of additional work to me.

According to your live-thingy, 926 asylum seekers are suspected of crimes, so roughly 1/30th of them. When most have been here less than 6 months.

I wonder how that compares to native Finns. I'm always surprised when I hear how high the actual percentage of people with a criminal record / suspected of crimes is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

People are people.

What you should be doing is put all the filthy humans into an island and blow it up with all the explosives you have in your disposal.

Anyways. I keep getting stuff about iraqi/somali people coming to european countries as "refugees" instead of it just being syrians from a few friends. Has anyone got stuff to validate this claim?