Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

JaySB posted:

This. Because he will not have a class capable and your team will get slaughtered.

but dom will get really mad about it, which is worth its weight in LOLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Good list. Macys needs to invite me already.

I'm at work until 8:30pm Eastern.

Ask Versus, I made him a mod for it a month ago.
Assuming they can approve join requests, I don't really know.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 28, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would have handled that Cerberus just fine if you guys had handled the rest of the team :colbert:

And I still ended as the highest scoring players that game even after throwing myself into the Cerberus grinder.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Deviant posted:

but dom will get really mad about it, which is worth its weight in LOLs

I can troll you so much harder than you can troll me though...Soooooo

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
i think something happened...

For the life of me i cannot find the promo i cut.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
:siren: PETER STORMARE :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pml12FKaeY

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Oh my god, Splash looks so loving cool. Confirmed navigable slides!

Deviant fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 28, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Deviant posted:

Oh my god, Splash looks so loving cool. Confirmed navigable slides!

Welp, gotta get that pass now. Thanks Peter Stormare.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

housefly posted:

This all sounds good, but running overkill and a shottie snipe setup would be even better. Especially brecci long barrel (yes, God damnit, it DOES make a difference). Or an ar/smg instead of the shotgun.

I need to master quick scoping. Can it be done on all guns? I've only seen it done with drakon.

Also camping the church or grannies house with snipe is a recipe for getting your head popped. Don't do it. People know your secret locale.
I'm going to disagree - pistols come out much faster than a shotgun, and dual pistols will melt anything as effectively as a brecci. You need short-range backup, and it needs to be as quick as possible to deploy unless you're really confident in quickscoping.

You can quickscope on all the snipers - P06 you shouldn't even bother scoping in until after you've pressed the fire button. The Drakon is just more prevalent because if you miss your qs it doesn't unscope you while the gun reconfigures its heatsinks or whatever.

I've got diamond on snipers, and I got the bloodthirsties for my Locus in two games doing exactly that - not camping the church or grannies house, but sniping from the tanks below at all the idiots trying to camp the windows. There's several places you can even just boost straight up to take a shot directly into the always-populated church window.

Additionally - Thermal is a godsend for reaction time, but ELO is incredible if you want to play aggressively with the snipers. I wouldn't bother with any other scopes unless you're like me on the PC and the default one tanks your FPS by 15 frames just because. The absolute key thing for bloodthirsties is knowing when to move, and knowing when to sit and wait at a funnel. Don't be afraid to get a kill then run away back to team safety - their cute little skulls on your screen are the best information possible as to when you're getting flanked and where the enemy is pushing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Getting hyped for NUKEBOAT

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

SkyNukeBoatJackTown 2525

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Splash is clearly a Splatoon tribute map

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

sba posted:

Splash is clearly a Splatoon tribute map

you're a kid now

have a nice loving squid now

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Backbones are the way of the future mate!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That sensation? Impending excitement!

*goes down slide*

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

This is the future of armed combat!

Edit: Oh my god I can bounce War Machine grenades down a slide. :dance:

Deviant fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 28, 2016

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

housefly posted:

This all sounds good, but running overkill and a shottie snipe setup would be even better. Especially brecci long barrel (yes, God damnit, it DOES make a difference). Or an ar/smg instead of the shotgun.

What exactly does long barrel do? I've heard it called OP and worthless and I don't remember what victrix said about it previously.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

What exactly does long barrel do? I've heard it called OP and worthless and I don't remember what victrix said about it previously.

Guns I use Long Barrel on:

I guess its ok on the Brecci or the Haymaker? (don't use the Haymaker)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pre:
LONG BARREL	-                   Every Damage Range + 13%	
LONG BARREL	ASSAULT RIFLES      Every Damage Range + 100%	
LONG BARREL	KN-44	            Every Damage Range + 13%	
LONG BARREL	SHOTGUNS	    Minimum Damage Range + 13%	Minimum Added Damage * 0.8
LONG BARREL	SMGs	            Minimum Damage Range + 25%	

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/692821888477851648

DOUBLE XP COMING!

Treyarch seems to be scheduling these on purpose to be on top of all these betas for other games. First Rainbow Six Siege beta, now The Division beta.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Superanos posted:

DOUBLE XP COMING!

Treyarch seems to be scheduling these on purpose to be on top of all these betas for other games. First Rainbow Six Siege beta, now The Division beta.

See, Siege was interesting enough to actually warrant this. The Division.... ehhhhhhhh.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Drav posted:

Extends the range of the shot. So basically, I throw it on to the brecci and you get another about 1/3 reach on your shots, which is great for short-to-mid range combat.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

widespread posted:

See, Siege was interesting enough to actually warrant this. The Division.... ehhhhhhhh.

Siege was a full price F2P game, killing it was a mercy.

As for The Division, I don't expect much since every Ubi dev is incapable of making a mouselook for controllers that isn't loving garbage.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Ghostlight posted:

I'm going to disagree - pistols come out much faster than a shotgun, and dual pistols will melt anything as effectively as a brecci. You need short-range backup, and it needs to be as quick as possible to deploy unless you're really confident in quickscoping.

You can quickscope on all the snipers - P06 you shouldn't even bother scoping in until after you've pressed the fire button. The Drakon is just more prevalent because if you miss your qs it doesn't unscope you while the gun reconfigures its heatsinks or whatever.

I've got diamond on snipers, and I got the bloodthirsties for my Locus in two games doing exactly that - not camping the church or grannies house, but sniping from the tanks below at all the idiots trying to camp the windows. There's several places you can even just boost straight up to take a shot directly into the always-populated church window.

Additionally - Thermal is a godsend for reaction time, but ELO is incredible if you want to play aggressively with the snipers. I wouldn't bother with any other scopes unless you're like me on the PC and the default one tanks your FPS by 15 frames just because. The absolute key thing for bloodthirsties is knowing when to move, and knowing when to sit and wait at a funnel. Don't be afraid to get a kill then run away back to team safety - their cute little skulls on your screen are the best information possible as to when you're getting flanked and where the enemy is pushing.

This all makes sense, thanks for all the sniping tips! I do like the Thermal Scope on sniper rifles myself so I'll probably use that unless I feel I need to be more aggressive with an ELO. I'll just devote myself to do nothing but sniping for a while until I've done them all which should improve how well I snipe when doing them (at least I hope so).

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

victrix posted:

Guns I use Long Barrel on:

I guess its ok on the Brecci or the Haymaker? (don't use the Haymaker)

Not even on assault rifles to double all ranges? Interesting.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Superanos posted:

DOUBLE XP COMING!

:woop: I just prestiged last night.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
At the range that long barrel takes effect you'll be missing a lot of shots anyway due to the range. Quickdraw/stock/high caliber are more effective attachments.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Superanos posted:

DOUBLE XP COMING!

Bastards, I have like this entire weekend already booked out :smith:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Javes posted:

At the range that long barrel takes effect you'll be missing a lot of shots anyway due to the range. Quickdraw/stock/high caliber are more effective attachments.

I run stock and high caliber anyway. Thanks, guys.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
XIM question. I plug my headset into the controller and it not work?

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Drav posted:

I run stock and high caliber anyway. Thanks, guys.

You should consider quickdraw + fast hands if you aren't using it already.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

teknetik posted:

You should consider quickdraw + fast hands if you aren't using it already.

Fast hands yes, used to run quick draw but dropped it for high cal

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

XIM question. I plug my headset into the controller and it not work?

Yeah, the controller's 3.5mm plug will not work with the XIM. You need a headset that plugs into the console's USB port. I have Sony's Gold Headset (called Wireless Headset 2.0 in Europe)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got the XIM updated (at a friends house because who has a Windows PC in 2016???) and got everything loaded up. The mouse sensitivity is out of whack so I'll have to dick around fine tuning this before jumping in but holy poo poo this is going to own.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Got the XIM updated (at a friends house because who has a Windows PC in 2016???) and got everything loaded up. The mouse sensitivity is out of whack so I'll have to dick around fine tuning this before jumping in but holy poo poo this is going to own.

Top of a losing team on my first game with it, it's super dumb.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

See they processed all the mundane audio in the gameplay :allears:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Carecat posted:

See they processed all the mundane audio in the gameplay :allears:

This made me laugh, the Pharo was all BRRAP BRRAAP BRRAAAP instead of 'pfft pfft'

Treyarch/BO audio blows rear end.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Every shooter needs to have the guns be as loud as the guns in Heat.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Javes posted:

Every shooter needs to have the guns be as loud as the guns in Heat.

This. Also, bring back the FAL...poo poo, can the next Call Of Duty just be multiplayer maps from Heat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I want my G3 back.

• Locked thread