Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

and them messing with the framing of Mika's ultra.

This change is stupid, though.

EDIT: Starting a new page with a lament for butt slaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh boy...
So kids how do you like Open World Survival Early Access Steam games? Sounds cool and unique right?
And what more of an appropriate setting for this than Conan the barbarian!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Does it have CRAFTING???????????

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hell yeah it does! What youtube bait er I mean survival game wouldn't?!?!

quote:

You are an exile, one of thousands cast out to fend for themselves in a barbaric wasteland swept by terrible sandstorms and besieged on every side by enemies. Here you must fight to survive, build and dominate.

Hungry, thirsty and alone, your very first battle is that against the harsh environment. Grow crops or hunt animals for food. Harvest resources to build weapons and tools. Build a shelter to survive. Ride across a vast world and explore alone, or band together with other players to build entire settlements and strongholds to withstand fierce invasions.

When strong enough, march forth into battle and wage war against your enemies as you fight to dominate the exiled lands. Sacrifice enemy players on the altars of the gods and shift the balance of power your way. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Wait is Billy that Asian dude who showed up in some of those Fighterpedia videos?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is Billy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
RE0 is a good playthrough

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So, for people who want a new Front Mission, this is an indiegogo that seems to be for a VERY Front Mission inspired game.

Also since this seems the group to want it, Freedom Planet in a 4$ bundle with some other games of mixed quality.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 28, 2016

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm incredibly thankful for Ms. McMuscules's striker assist against woolie's bullshit lack of knowledge.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

iirc they're making a new Front Mission game too, though some Armored Core producer is involved so it's probably not an rpg. Maybe hear about that this year.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

FauxGateau posted:

I'm incredibly thankful for Ms. McMuscules's striker assist against woolie's bullshit lack of knowledge.

?

Anyway, will be streaming tonight at 9 pm, with Tomb Raider: The Tomb of Nox Nagadaba!

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

The Kristen Schaal thing from the FFX LP, I'd guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baron Snow posted:

The Kristen Schaal thing from the FFX LP, I'd guess.

"THE GIRL FROM BOB'S BURGERS!"

Someone had to be on point there. Thank you, Ms. McMuscles.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HGH posted:

And what more of an appropriate setting for this than Conan the barbarian!

The market for these games sure is getting crowded; I used to have a real interest in Conan's setting and lore, however, so I'll probably bite. Age of Conan wasn't something that kept me for very long due to its unfortunate MMO qualities, but these survival games can grab me pretty hard if there's a gimmick involved, such as dinosaurs, or ritualized sacrifice to dark gods.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

What the gently caress, forums.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

my cat is norris posted:

What the gently caress, forums.

Harsh, but fair. Have you seen this thread?

(my avatar was hosed earlier this week for no reason too)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The Technical Thread says it's a known issue.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

lets hang out posted:

iirc they're making a new Front Mission game too, though some Armored Core producer is involved so it's probably not an rpg. Maybe hear about that this year.
So that's where Toshifumi Nabeshima went, then. SRPG or not, at least they'll have someone working on it that knows their poo poo about mecha.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm loving the Naruto LP.

The reaction to "killing" Shikamaru with the Rasengan was amazing.

"Prosecute the jam to the fullest extent of the pump."
"If the jam pumps, you must acquit."

It's hit the barely-lucid babbling moment of any good LP.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 28, 2016

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Improbable Lobster posted:

RE0 is a good playthrough

Pat's speaking abilities are also really on a roll in this one. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's a crazy world we live in where googling Evo Line-up brings up ESPN's website.

Super weird.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Matt said there will be a Zelda LP in March.
Your guesses, gentlemen?

I personally hope for either Four Swords Adventure or Triforce Heroes.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I demand a giga-quad setup if they play Four Swords.

You either go loving big, or you don't go at all. :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Getting drunk over Spirit Tracks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I rather like the Best Friends, so I hope they don't play four swords

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I rather like the Best Friends, so I hope they don't play four swords

They could call it Super Best Enemies Play Four Swords.
That, or Super Ex-Friends.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, that is what I was insinuating

Never have I seen a game bring close friends to blows so quickly

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

...so, it's a regular LP then.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

For me, that would be Munchkin. It managed to drive a serious wedge between us not once, not twice, but three drat times.
The bullshit expansion did not help either.

Edit: Well, the whole game is built on bullshit, but expansion even more so.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

PiedPiper posted:

For me, that would be Munchkin. It managed to drive a serious wedge between us not once, not twice, but three drat times.
The bullshit expansion did not help either.

Edit: Well, the whole game is built on bullshit, but expansion even more so.

Munchkin is what made me realize I have really competitive/salty friends. "If you don't get pissed off from not winning I don't wanna play with you" is what a friend said to me once.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, I don't play competitive games with my friends because I'm the salty rear end in a top hat. I'll play the ones I will win at, because rear end in a top hat, but I won't play ones I'm gonna lose, because salt. Also, I'm probably the reason why no close friends of mine play fighting games, since I went straight for Chun in 3S and I could do combo in Tekken. They love PES tho.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

Man, I don't play competitive games with my friends because I'm the salty rear end in a top hat. I'll play the ones I will win at, because rear end in a top hat, but I won't play ones I'm gonna lose, because salt. Also, I'm probably the reason why no close friends of mine play fighting games, since I went straight for Chun in 3S and I could do combo in Tekken. They love PES tho.

Oh you're that guy. There always that guy in the group. You are THAT guy. Well at least you admit you get salty. This is why I can never play smash with THAT guy. He gets very competitive as hell.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

Matt said there will be a Zelda LP in March.
Your guesses, gentlemen?

I personally hope for either Four Swords Adventure or Triforce Heroes.

I believe Matt said on a stream that it was Twilight Princess HD, which comes out in March.

Or I thought I heard that somewhere.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I was going to make a Monopoly Party [Mario Party] joke but it turns out that something exists with that name already.

So I'm changing my joke to Dokupon New Super Monopoly Party Bros Kingdom

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Phantasium posted:

I believe Matt said on a stream that it was Twilight Princess HD, which comes out in March.

Or I thought I heard that somewhere.

Really? If so, then fine by me. I wish I finished TP myself, don't really want to spoil the experience.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shindragon posted:

Oh you're that guy. There always that guy in the group. You are THAT guy. Well at least you admit you get salty. This is why I can never play smash with THAT guy. He gets very competitive as hell.

I'm more the guy that tunes out of the game if he's losing than the guy that gets visibly mad, but yeah. I used to fool around in Tekken 3 days against friends, but as soon as I lost a game and someone talked poo poo it was char select straight to bae Nina, get shut down. It's one of the reasons I never got into sports too, I'm bad at them so gently caress it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

have u guys maybe considered not getting mad over video gaems

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I find myself to usually be pretty competitive and usually the kind of person who gets mad at video games a little to easily, but I'm decent about not getting too salty about Smash.

I've played with people who got insanely upset about me playing jigglypuff, particularly if I'd use that throw where Jigglypuff would roll on them. For some reason this would just bring out the anger like nothing. One guy would mash the controller furiously despite the fact it doesn't break the throw, and another would just get -upset- like, to the point they'd put down the controller and stop playing.

It's not I was amazing and dominated, they just hated the throw. :psyduck:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

or you can just be like me and be the best at all games that your friends play :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
They're going to play one of the Zelda CD-i games