Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
God forbid I try to keep people from tripping over themselves to fall for a low effort troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I thought it was really obvious from the start who Mr. R was, and by extension, the Princess. :shrug:

The bit about Cucumber forgetting Saturday as well was genius, though.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
IT'S ME CUCO

IT'S ME CUCO

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, CUCO

YOU ALL FORGOT IT

YOU ALL FORGOT IT, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER, YOU ALL FORGOT IT

EVEN MY FAMILY

EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY FORGOT IT

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

graybook posted:

IT'S ME CUCO

IT'S ME CUCO

YOU ALL FORGOT IT

EVEN MY FAMILY

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

This is some seriously supervillian tier poo poo on GiGi's part, at least in the payoff.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

graybook posted:

IT'S ME CUCO

IT'S ME CUCO

YOU ALL FORGOT IT

EVEN MY FAMILY

Awe, son of a bitch!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
is anyone here concerned about a world-renowned superthief getting her hands on the Very Important Sword? the sword she's already stolen* once? the one she only let go of because she thought it was fake

because cucumber certainly is

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
She's just gonna hand him back the sword with her hancock on it and no further comments

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This is actually a great opportunity for Cucumber

"oh oops sorry sis/dad/oracle looks like the sword was stolen haha guess we can't beat the big baddie now! maybe we can talk things out with him i dunno"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
did cucumber actually completely forget who Saturday was due to rosemaster, i thought it was just because it's been literal years since he last encountered her

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well it looks like we won't get the standard "Cosmo does a thing with the party and it nearly kills them" this chapter and we're quickly running out of Disaster Masters so yeah, the time is right for it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

is anyone here concerned about a world-renowned superthief getting her hands on the Very Important Sword? the sword she's already stolen* once? the one she only let go of because she thought it was fake

because cucumber certainly is

She can't just steal it in front of her dads. She'll just be chasing them for the rest of the adventure, trying to get it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

did cucumber actually completely forget who Saturday was due to rosemaster, i thought it was just because it's been literal years since he last encountered her

It has not been years. How much time exactly do you think has passed in the comic?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The comic's second half will led by Cucumber's son, seeking vengeance for those killed at the Battle of Beanhalla

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dang, whatta twist.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Regy Rusty posted:

It has not been years. How much time exactly do you think has passed in the comic?

cuco started out as a mere boy and now he's a man, so at least six

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Regy Rusty posted:

I think I read that page originally as a meta-joke, because it had been quite a while.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
each chapter so far has actually featured a different Cucumber, a distant descendant of the previous one. all of them are tormented by their dad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PleasingFungus posted:

each chapter so far has actually featured a different Cucumber, a distant descendant of the previous one. all of them are tormented by their dad.

CuCo's Bizarre Adventure

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Waffleman_ posted:

CuCo's Bizarre Adventure

Chapter 6's going to be something else I tell you what.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Rereading the page where Saturday is introduced (the site's hosed again so I can't get a link but click Saturday's card on the character page), Dream Oracle's remark about the red hair and not recognizing the bunny person to whom she gave the sword takes on a bit of new light.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

HelloWinter posted:

Saturday and Brambleby seems to be from the flower kingdom (based on their ear design). So baseless assumption here… Would Saturday be somehow related to royalty or be a princess from the Flower kingdom? It kind of explains why she seems to have a butler from the Flower kingdom tagging along with her, too.

Please feel free to crush me like a nerd.

Man, this had a huge payoff.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Raserys posted:

The comic's second half will led by Cucumber's son, seeking vengeance for those killed at the Battle of Beanhalla
I am so down for Genealogy of the Bunny War :black101:

HelloWinter posted:

Man, this had a huge payoff.
Nerd status: uncrushed. :allears: This was just a spectacular twist.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

theshim posted:

I am so down for Genealogy of the Bunny War :black101:

Cuco gets a horse and proceeds to singlehandedly beat every remaining Disaster Master.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

CuCo's Bizarre Adventure

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So who's Joseph in this analogy?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Commander Caboodle. I can't think of anyone else loud enough.

OHHH MY GODDDDD

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Waffleman_ posted:

CuCo's Bizarre Adventure

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Now this is the comic everyone in the world would read.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

This works even better considering Mutemaster's power manifests as a time stop.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

I forget, did he ever make use of that capsule?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah, he drained the water in Splashmaster's cave with it.

Also this, which I sometimes forget isn't actually how these events happened.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConanThe3rd posted:

I forget, did he ever make use of that capsule?

Yes.

Okay, so what if this is an alternate universe Cuco, he's objectively better than the real Cuco.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I'm not understanding why Saturday is princess Azalea.
She wears a face-mask to hide her eye color and the Azalea marks on her eyes, and those theif-gloves to hide the markings on her arms. And then dyes and styles her hair in a different way, and dresses in a different way. But also wears foundation to cover the Azalea marks on her neck? Or is that supposed to be being covered by her neckerchief as well? Her complexion / fur color overall looks super bright pink as Azalea and more orangey as Saturday. And she, as a member of the royal family would have a cottage/home-base several kingdoms removed from the flower kingdom for thieving with the Royal Couturier as her butler there? They're clearly going for it with the "People you love" and zooming in on Azalea but i'm just wondering what the justification is for her wanting to steal the real sword as a princess whose only duty is to sign it to make the problem go away.

Would it not be easier to explain Marigold or Maple being Saturday?

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-544/

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

zolthorg posted:

Marigold? Who was actually Peridot?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Seshoho Cian posted:

Marigold? Who was actually Peridot?

In a surprise twist Marigold/Peridot has been Saturday/Azalea all this time! She's also Nautilus, Almond, Bacon, and the Dream Oracle, but we won't learn that until the next chapter.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Every character except for Cucumber is actually Cabbage in increasingly elaborate disguises.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
And in the end it was all Don Knotts from that one Scooby Doo episode.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

zolthorg posted:

She wears a face-mask to hide her eye color and the Azalea marks on her eyes, and those theif-gloves to hide the markings on her arms. And then dyes and styles her hair in a different way, and dresses in a different way. But also wears foundation to cover the Azalea marks on her neck? Or is that supposed to be being covered by her neckerchief as well? Her complexion / fur color overall looks super bright pink as Azalea and more orangey as Saturday. And she, as a member of the royal family would have a cottage/home-base several kingdoms removed from the flower kingdom for thieving with the Royal Couturier as her butler there? They're clearly going for it with the "People you love" and zooming in on Azalea but i'm just wondering what the justification is for her wanting to steal the real sword as a princess whose only duty is to sign it to make the problem go away.

loving lol it's not that complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zolthorg posted:

lmao