Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

It was really confusing. He fell, but then he didn't?

It was a flashforward of the future as seen through magic eyes?

So Chad could have done something useful, but they averted the timeline where he actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Thank you. I needed this.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Can we get back to Yoruichi and Broruichi next week, please?
Bonus points if Aizen gives smug sideline commentary from his chair.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Sue posted:

The series would be massively improved if at this point it was just Uruhara and Aizen going full Staler and Waldorf about each fight.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wonder if the whole point of this is to set up that Hashbrowns is crazy or he's the weak point and Ishida is going to kill him so Ichigo can kill beardy man

I like the bit about the Quincies conquering the real world. Like, who cares? Why is any of this even on the page? What is he even going to do when he gets there? So far his policies are just revenge on people who committed brutal genocide. He's made no hint he'd be bad for the real world at all. The writing is so sparse on why we give a poo poo about anything.

Sue posted:

No, because that would be too awesome, and the whole point of reading Bleach each week is that no matter what nothing in your week is going to be as disappointing.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Wait wasn't Ichigo and the rest of them fighting Bach? When the hell did he fall asleep so the other guy inherits his googly eyes power?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
He almost fell the gently caress off again...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what was even the point of uryu defecting if this was the conclusion

is his confetti plan going to be put into action? I expect it to not do anything if it does

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Is Warwelt's hair getting longer?

edit: I hope this is a "I know you know so I'm going to do what you think I will do but then change my mind, WHAT YOU KNOW WHAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW YOU KNOW THAT I KNEW? Oh no What will I do NOT YOU COULDNT SEE THAT COMING."

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 29, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Manatee Cannon posted:

what was even the point of uryu defecting if this was the conclusion

is his confetti plan going to be put into action? I expect it to not do anything if it does

To be fair, we knew there was absolutely no point to this poo poo from the moment he declared himself totally a villain. It is somewhat surprising that his plan was this dumb though. But then again, Bleach.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Uryuu is doing better than I expected in that he actually had a plan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's doing exactly as I expected in that he failed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

aizen.png

alternatively, kubo.png

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

I wonder if the whole point of this is to set up that Hashbrowns is crazy or he's the weak point and Ishida is going to kill him so Ichigo can kill beardy man

I like the bit about the Quincies conquering the real world. Like, who cares? Why is any of this even on the page? What is he even going to do when he gets there? So far his policies are just revenge on people who committed brutal genocide. He's made no hint he'd be bad for the real world at all. The writing is so sparse on why we give a poo poo about anything.

No, because that would be too awesome, and the whole point of reading Bleach each week is that no matter what nothing in your week is going to be as disappointing.

There is no way Hashbrowns is a weak point. His death will just mean there is no way for Ywach to lose his power now. It's like you guys are new to shounen.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Aizen hasn't started flying around whilst still stuck in the chair yet has he?

That's all I really want to see at this point.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

There is no way Hashbrowns is a weak point. His death will just mean there is no way for Ywach to lose his power now. It's like you guys are new to shounen.
Oh you're totally right, it'll be that twist. Then he'll be even more powerful, and the name monk will show up and poo poo his pants from how powerful he is.

I try not to think too hard about shounen logic. It just turns into trying to figure out the timeskips in fairy tail and I wake up in a subway in a pool of blood and a half eaten chicken teriyaki sub a few days later.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

chumbler posted:

Look at this guy who hasn't read Bleach.

Hashbrowns is a super special quincy only born once every couple hundred years who shares a link with Bach. If it's special, then Ichigo is at least 50% it. Thus if Hashbrowns is taken out it will be revealed that Ichigo is the next super rare quincy link and get Bach's powers when Bach is taking a nap.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyges posted:

Look at this guy who hasn't read Bleach.

Hashbrowns is a super special quincy only born once every couple hundred years who shares a link with Bach. If it's special, then Ichigo is at least 50% it. Thus if Hashbrowns is taken out it will be revealed that Ichigo is the next super rare quincy link and get Bach's powers when Bach is taking a nap.

Well I didn't want to spoil it!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Presumably Ishida will then make himself useful by letting Ichigo stab him to get him to snap out of it.

Before that, Ichigo will stab Chad and not snap out of it despite being besties with Chad.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I'm actually shocked. Like, everybody over the age of 6 saw this poo poo heel-face-turn coming, especially since Kubo can't write a face turn to save his life (see: Gin) but the lack of planning on Ishida's part, you know, the smart planning guy, is laughable. His plan is to blow up the villain's castle. That's what all this was leading to.

I have to admit I spit up my drink when Ichigo almost fell again. I sometimes wonder if Kubo is actually totally self-aware.

Ishida's master plan - knock your friends to the downstairs area, then, like 100 yards from your boss, talk loudly about your plans to betray him and destroy the castle. Then Kubo drops a "reveal" that Hashbrowns is right next to them? What?

Advice fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 29, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Advice posted:

I'm actually shocked. Like, everybody over the age of 6 saw this poo poo heel-face-turn coming, especially since Kubo can't write a face turn to save his life (see: Gin) but the lack of planning on Ishida's part, you know, the smart planning guy, is laughable. His plan is to blow up the villain's castle. That's what all this was leading to.

I have to admit I spit up my drink when Ichigo almost fell again. I sometimes wonder if Kubo is actually totally self-aware.

Ishida's master plan - knock your friends to the downstairs area, then, like 100 yards from your boss, talk loudly about your plans to betray him and destroy the castle. Then Kubo drops a "reveal" that Hashbrowns is right next to them? What?

well it was gonna be a really big explosion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Advice posted:

Ishida never really did a heel turn in the first place though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Advice posted:

The omniscient villain's castle.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Turns out only Kenpachi can kill future eyes. Because not even Kenpachi knows what he's about to do.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm legit excited for the return of the lightsaber arrow. Still my favorite reveal from the series.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

pixaal posted:

Turns out only Kenpachi can kill future eyes. Because not even Kenpachi knows what he's about to do.

Well, he's going to cut something. But if he uses two hands it doesn't matter whether or not you know it's coming.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

There Bias Two posted:

What made that so bad?

It basically was the same as this story but the whole reason for attacking was so all of them would die and their people would no longer hate the soul reapers because they were all dead.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tenzarin posted:

It basically was the same as this story but the whole reason for attacking was so all of them would die and their people would no longer hate the soul reapers because they were all dead.

...What

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hey it was a filler arc for a reason, right.

It restarted ichigo with just a shikai and no bankai and ended with a fight in the same location that ichigo fought Byakuya Kuchiki.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 30, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

No, there was also something where they wanted to go to soul society because their spirit particle eating powers were stronger there, and they wanted to nuke the place too.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Wait wasn't Ichigo and the rest of them fighting Bach? When the hell did he fall asleep so the other guy inherits his googly eyes power?

Ichigo stopped fighting bach after he killed the soul king, then Hasch killed fire guy and powered up.

My question for this chapter is, even ignoring that Bach and Hasch can see everything, why did Uryuu think it was prudent to lay out his whole plan literally feet away from Hasch?

Bonus note: Orihime's power worked!...to save Ichigo again

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

This manga is really bad but I want to see Urahara's bankai and if Aizen is ever relevant again so ima keep reading.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The possibility of more Urahara, more Yoruichi, and more Aizen is really all I'm in it for at this point.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I'm only here for more Aizen. I can't wait for a chapter that ends with Aizen triumphantly getting up from his chair.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aizen got beat up by the letter U, he is not important anymore.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

God dammit Kenny, just break out of that healing tube and stab that pale cross-eyed bastard in the face, we all want it to happen

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
actually we don't because kenpachi is super boring and he has jobbed two many times now to ever be cool again sorry

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Aizen got beat up by the letter U, he is not important anymore.

He really didn't. Aizen was immobilized for 5 minutes and then resumed smugging in his chair, then they just left him there.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I haven't read anything since the viking guy showed up and got super huge. Has anything happened since?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nuebot posted:

So I haven't read anything since the viking guy showed up and got super huge. Has anything happened since?

What do you think? Hint: Viking guy is still alive

• Locked thread