Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Crunk Abortion posted:

Am I the only one that's annoyed by the new Gideon voice? I'm glad Morena Baccarin's keeping herself in steady work, but it's not the same. The new voice is grating.
Morena is voicing Eobard's Gideon on Flash and did during last night's episode, albeit briefly. I imagine they're just distinguishing the different Siris by making Rip's British sounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I dislike Savage with inspecific magic as his defense. He should be this Machiavellian villain who spends years and years learning from every mistake he's made.

He should run much closer to Batman than anyone else. Like the Flash should try to rush him down and he has caltrops prepped and ready, because he's seen another Speedster in like AD 724 and the reason such a diverse team is required is to create offensive styles that he hasn't seen before and can't adapt to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You saw him for 30 seconds and the only thing he did was use a gun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rip just set his version of Siri to UK English because it wasn't working with his accent.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was just thinking, this series could potentially be a pretty good venue for crossing over the main Arrowverse stuff with Supergirl, couldn't it?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was just thinking, this series could potentially be a pretty good venue for crossing over the main Arrowverse stuff with Supergirl, couldn't it?

Flash seems more likely given Arrowverse and Supergirl are at not set in the same dimension. Still possible though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

I dont know posted:

Flash seems more likely given Arrowverse and Supergirl are at not set in the same dimension. Still possible though.

A Flash crossover is virtually certain, I think, since they're very much on a time travel arc right now.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I don't think a crossover is planned this season for Arrow, Flash, or Supergirl on Legends of Tomorrow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pan Dulce posted:

I don't think a crossover is planned this season for Arrow, Flash, or Supergirl on Legends of Tomorrow.

Flash, Arrow, and Damien Darhk are going to show up this season on Legends of Tomorrow

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Flash, Arrow, and Damien Darhk are going to show up this season on Legends of Tomorrow

I only heard Darhk and R'as are appearing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I dont know posted:

Sure, it's just that they do time travel, they could probably stretch to a bit of dimension-hopping as well. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Four Score posted:

the whole thing with the Lances is striking me as even weirder than Stein being a pro date rapist or the eternally cringeworthy Hawkship now with Hawkbaby

What's at all weird about Sarah Lance? She's just like any other girl that slept with her sister's boyfriend and died on a yacht during a seastorm except no she didn't, she actually survived and was rescued by a mad scientist who turned her into his torturer until she was rescued by the boyfriend and died on a sinking freighter except no she didn't, she actually survived and was rescued by a lesbian ninja who took her to her immortal father who trained her to become a ninja while she fell in love with the lesbian ninja and then went back to her home city and told everyone she was alive and died by being shot with an arrow by her sister's now ex-boyfriend's little sister who had been roofied by her father which inspired her own sister to become a superhero and she was actually dead this time except she was saved by her sister who threw her in a magic resurrection pool and then by a British magician who brought her soul back and now she's travelling through time.

See? This is all perfectly normal.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I like the idea that Sarah will meet Ra's at some earlier point in his timeline, and that will be the reason he decides to train her when Nyssa brings her around.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Kesper North posted:

A Flash crossover is virtually certain, I think, since they're very much on a time travel arc right now.

That seemed to be the case when Supergirls' ratings were in free fall, but it has stabilized at a level that makes it the highest rated comicbook show on TV this season. I can see CBS holding holding off until the show really needs a rating bump.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

That seemed to be the case when Supergirls' ratings were in free fall, but it has stabilized at a level that makes it the highest rated comicbook show on TV this season. I can see CBS holding holding off until the show really needs a rating bump.

Do you have demo stats on Supergirl?

I ask because I make my gf watch all these crappy superhero shows with me, and Supergirl and Agent Carter are the only two she ever says, "Pause it while I run to the other room real quick." So I'm curious to see if they are picking up numbers from the women demo. (I imagine so, but still would be interested to see how much)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Agent Carter got terrible ratings in season one but got renewed purely by women rallying on the internet for ABC and Marvel to give it a season two. So yeah I'd say it's pretty popular in that sense. Supergirl gets similar support as well and while not renewed for season 2 yet, it's been given a full season order of 20 episodes already.

As for crossovers, there's no concrete plans yet but the new CBS president is a lot more supportive of the idea than the previous one. Maybe next year we'll get some kind of special.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

MacheteZombie posted:

Do you have demo stats on Supergirl?

I ask because I make my gf watch all these crappy superhero shows with me, and Supergirl and Agent Carter are the only two she ever says, "Pause it while I run to the other room real quick." So I'm curious to see if they are picking up numbers from the women demo. (I imagine so, but still would be interested to see how much)

It seems to do around a 1.8, which isn't amazing 5 years ago but is ok in today's market.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Oh Agent Carter is tanking. "Agent Carter lost some viewers from its season premiere, but held a 0.9 rating, tying the series low from last week." I don't think it'll get renewed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Oh Agent Carter is tanking. "Agent Carter lost some viewers from its season premiere, but held a 0.9 rating, tying the series low from last week." I don't think it'll get renewed.

It's still a better show than AoS.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Not according to this: http://www.spoilersguide.com/arrow-the-flash-won-t-intersect-with-legends-of-tomorrow-timeline-for-now-according-to-ep/

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Yeah but on the other hand (heh heh)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Amell himself said he's going to be on LoT.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like the plan spoiled in that article. related: They should also show Barry and he's just exactly the same while Ollie is all old and one armed. I also can't wait for the terrible hairpiece they give Ollie.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't all the previews have a scene where Ollie and Barry are giving the team a pep-talk on the same rooftop where Rip recruited them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't all the previews have a scene where Ollie and Barry are giving the team a pep-talk on the same rooftop where Rip recruited them?

Yup. They reshot a lot of the pilot.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Rhyno posted:

Amell himself said he's going to be on LoT.

Well I mean he was in the pilot, so even if he never appeared again he wouldn't have been lying. But I could for sure see him showing up in short cutscenes with a character or two in some episodes, but definitely not going with them on a time adventure.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Yup. They reshot a lot of the pilot.

Ah, I see. Is there anywhere I can read about what they changed?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpankWich posted:

Well I mean he was in the pilot, so even if he never appeared again he wouldn't have been lying. But I could for sure see him showing up in short cutscenes with a character or two in some episodes, but definitely not going with them on a time adventure.

Well as linked, he's going to show up again.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Ah, I see. Is there anywhere I can read about what they changed?

I don't really remember where I read it aside from some stuff on Twitter.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wheat Loaf posted:

That was footage shot specifically for upfronts so they would have something to show. They filmed the real pilot later on.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Hey guys, guys..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQRYe8a12s

Professor Stein meets his younger self.. wait until you hear who he poses as! :v:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/disco-inferno-interview/?play=a2705a55-0cfb-48ba-ac9c-3148139df05e

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 29, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

That was footage shot specifically for upfronts so they would have something to show. They filmed the real pilot later on.

This is correct, they never reshot a pilot because they never shot an actual pilot. All the footage from that first trailer was shot specifically for the pitch to CW and then was shown at the upfronts.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And Darhk is there because he's kind of immortal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Doctor No is a good look for Dahrk

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
As of a few seconds ago, I'm a nuclear power!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This looks like a super fun black market auction.

DARKHRHK

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whoops

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'll make you travel sized!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I love this fight unironically.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You're welcome, Norway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Seriously, Rory as the American Time Lord is kinda awesome.

• Locked thread