Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

A bit too much flying around for my likings but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmQKiDGWBns

right at the end where you push those 2 ships off the deck and they fall off :laugh:

the physics are just completely hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

In a staggering twist of idiocy CIG have just said G forces won't affect anyone but the pilot, so we are a situation where a pilot could be fainting from GFOOOORCE and you could be stood at the side of him giving it 'LOL@U' totally unaffected

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315702/so-g-forces-will-not-effect-your-crew-wth

LOL, yeah, before ultimately crashing into a station and taking everyone in the multi-crew ship out because you took so long to recover whilst in the pilot seat and nobody else could take control to avert catastrophe...

Idea for another vid? ;-)

sanctimoniousqfd fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 29, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lime Tonics posted:

Whales getting salty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/435q7k/212_is_now_on_ptu/

"No offense but its directly related to the information your looking for. People dont want to play AC because its imbalanced and unfun. Crowd sourced QA only works if people enjoy playing your product." A high admiral.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/435q7k/212_is_now_on_ptu/czfpi86

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

Your posting speed is something else

thank you friend

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

keep playing this game mode that continues to crash all of the times

we need MORE DATA

WE DON'T CARE IF ITS FUN

KEEP PLAYING

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

EightAce stay safe and well, pgabz use some of your music already, D_Smart :justpost:.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jason Sextro posted:

It'll be done when it's done, when will you stop with the unreasonable demands?????

No, seriously, double the time, five times as much money, for one fifth of one of the two games you were supposed to do.

If being on-time, on-budget, and delivering everything is 100% efficiency then they have achieved an impressive 1% of it. You don't see that kind of stuff everyday, it is really impressive.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Cig doing a fine job with the public relations

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wowzers, im gonna hit 21000 posts by Mon or Tues

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

grimcreaper posted:

This is the image of the Bendenburg when it went up in flames. 40 miles tall, the greatest fire ever seen

It's what I imagine us goons will do when croberts turns up at the court hearing.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eonwe posted:

Post whale

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've actually picked up about 15 new ignores

a couple weeks ago I was only one spot above tenement funster, I've gained 6 places in the most ignored list since then

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I think I've posted more in this thread than I have in 10 years

SeldomSeen
Apr 26, 2003

True Story...

alf_pogs posted:

keep playing this game mode that continues to crash all of the times

we need MORE DATA

WE DON'T CARE IF ITS FUN

KEEP PLAYING

More like

WE DON'T CARE IF ITS FUN

KEEP PLAYING BUYING

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

I've actually picked up about 15 new ignores

a couple weeks ago I was only one spot above tenement funster, I've gained 6 places in the most ignored list since then

Have you considered having a healthy outlook on life and posting in D&D?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

"I cant get spaceships values changed" -Director of Spaceships

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 29, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ahdinko posted:

We are in good hands Commandos

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jason Sextro posted:

I think I've posted more in this thread than I have in 10 years

good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

Have you considered having a healthy outlook on life and posting in D&D?

you just created a paradox with your words

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

What are you afraid of seeing when the game is finally released?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ahdinko posted:

I quite enjoyed "you heard the man, more pew pew!" personally

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Beer, I am glad to say I STILL use you as one of me boyz in Gorkamorka. Though you were a cocked D6 away from getting a squig brain at one stage....

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
This is all crumbling down beautifully, thank you Derek.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
At the bit at 3.52 in that vid I posted you can see the rear turrets moving around wildly as a Commado does his best in the face of great adversity, I respect that

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I see that "we need more data" is their new excuse for not updating things.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

"Please play the game more, you are our unpaid QA department."

"We'd play it more if you fixed the things that have been broken for a year."

"gently caress you, that's not my job."

Un-believable.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

What do you think would happen if Ben lost his necklace? I feel like that's his whole identity, also tuck the drat thing in.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

peter gabriel posted:

In a staggering twist of idiocy CIG have just said G forces won't affect anyone but the pilot, so we are a situation where a pilot could be fainting from GFOOOORCE and you could be stood at the side of him giving it 'LOL@U' totally unaffected

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315702/so-g-forces-will-not-effect-your-crew-wth

This is a promise that would make sense to walk back, since having ship-external physics impact the ship-internal physics could be pretty tricky. They should just remove the blackout altogether and straight up say "Its not working out, we'll try it again some other time." Its not as if blacking out is a thing in other space-shooty games. Why do they want to die on this hill?

I don't think that CIG "get" that its better to just own up to the technical difficulties. "I'm sorry. We promised X, but it turns out it is going to be much more difficult than we thought for Y and Z reasons, so we're going to have to cancel/delay it." It happens in software projects; I've had to do it myself. It sucks and people are angry but its much better to get the info out earlier and let them get over it . Otherwise you waste developer time, and your stakeholders are even angrier because not only are they not getting their feature you also led them on for months and wasted their money.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ryde posted:

This is a promise that would make sense to walk back, since having ship-external physics impact the ship-internal physics could be pretty tricky. They should just remove the blackout altogether and straight up say "Its not working out, we'll try it again some other time." Its not as if blacking out is a thing in other space-shooty games. Why do they want to die on this hill?

I don't think that CIG "get" that its better to just own up to the technical difficulties. "I'm sorry. We promised X, but it turns out it is going to be much more difficult than we thought for Y and Z reasons, so we're going to have to cancel/delay it." It happens in software projects; I've had to do it myself. It sucks and people are angry but its much better to get the info out earlier and let them get over it . Otherwise you waste developer time, and your stakeholders are even angrier because not only are they not getting their feature you also led them on for months and wasted their money.

What they should do is what you say, shitcan the black out stuff completely, but you just know that Chris thinks that is 'totally rad and cowabunga duders' so no way they can do that.
From what I have seen so far their physics engine does not do what they want it to do, so I hope they stick with it and gently caress it up more.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

peter gabriel posted:

Interesting, they were once saying the exact opposite, that g-forces would apply on everyone in the ship - guess that feature got cut as it would have taken too much time.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
This whole situation has me thinking of a kickstater board game.

The aim of the game is to make as much money on a crowdfunding website as you can (against other players) with the most off the wall idea and promises. The person who makes the most money, while keeping his backer delusion high and his refunds/coke addiction low, wins.

EDIT: also there should be a embezzlement mechanic which is needed for players to claim funds towards winning.

Foul Ole Ron fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 29, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

Un-believable.

Excuse me sir it is alpha / how many games have you made? :smug:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

Un-believable.

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

HA!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
So... the shitizens have literally just devolved to posting bullshit about Uncle Derek now (not that they weren't before, but they're calling him a massive sexist now).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/435y5g/derek_smart_locked_thread_without_reply_regarding/

In this thread, they're calling him a sexist for having skimpy female armor. One of the dudes tweeted him about the "hypersexualisation of female characters".

A picture of the armor is below. There's literally no skin showing. And his game has women in it unlike Sausage Citizen :psyduck:

Hey gently caress you shitizens - DS nephew

Archive this:
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

sorla78 posted:

Interesting, they were once saying the exact opposite, that g-forces would apply on everyone in the ship - guess that feature got cut as it would have taken too much time.

You can ditch a whole game mode and the sperg's are OK with that, but if there is even a whiff that they won't have to tie cargo down securely anymore there is a loving uproar :lol:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

EightAce posted:

Nice find del boy. The 'war chest ' has now been transferred pretty much in it's entirety to uk shores under the careful eye of Simon. All bets on Sq42. No more bets please.....

:pusheen: its happening boys!!

please remember that this is happening immediately after they have just moved into their swanky new offices in santa monica or whatever.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 29, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I loving can :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

SeldomSeen posted:

I like to think that they don't know what it is or where it came from, let alone why it appears and disappears.

That's actually very likely to be the case. Just like the mystery game crashing shotgun that appeared from somewhere and thwarted multiple attempts to remove it from the map.

• Locked thread