Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Nico Yazawa (?)

Allegedly?

Some claim that this, too, is Nico Yazawa.

Potentially Nico Yazawa?

Of the school idol group "Moose"?

Ah...

I see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's rare to see a mischievous Maki.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I need to read the LL manga at some point.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, I just got 102,296th place in the SS event, the curse of events ending mid-week. 4 hours to im@s PS4 nico nico douga live stream I'm going to be at work for, oh boy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wasn't too big on the iM@S games for the PSP. I tried the ones that were translated into English. Chihaya for my first playthrough (a major mistake) and then Yayoi.

The game was not for me. I couldn't understand how to do the lives at all.

Yeah, I've seen someone Let's Play im@s 1 and I was never quite sure exactly how those worked, I was assuming if I was playing it myself and read the instructions it'd make more sense, probably.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The minigames were easy enough but the lives and having to choose the memories from your good times together is like, wha????

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Obviously you should get all good memories, then you can just push a button whenever. An important lesson in caring for your idol.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chihaya isn't really one for good memories.

Yayoi made the game really easy in the beginning, then couldn't catch up.

Chihaya made the game really hard in the beginning and then was never given the chance to catch up because I decided that I like her better when I'm not producing her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said, if an iM@S game was somehow ever released in English, I would buy it and play it.

That being said, it's never being released in English.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

time to develop the g00nM@s idol game of our dreams

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone who plays that game would fail on the very first game because the goon idols are too lazy to take on jobs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Today, we practice singing!"
"I'm going to play rhythm games on my smartphone instead, Purodyusa."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I managed to get SR Kotori.

Why is it suddenly so easy to get event SRs.

It was never this easy.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Some sort of 2D idol convention, I guess?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Also I managed to get SR Kotori.

Why is it suddenly so easy to get event SRs.

It was never this easy.

You have gained conviction.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Everyone who plays that game would fail on the very first game because the goon idols are too lazy to take on jobs.

tfw everyone is anzu and no one is kirari

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Is that Flonne from Disgaea.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
UtaPri, iMas, LL, Aikatsu, and many more I'm sure

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

UtaPri, iMas, LL, Aikatsu, and many more I'm sure

How sure are you on a scale of Hanayo to Nozomi.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

How sure are you on a scale of Hanayo to Nozomi.

I'm gonna go with... Nico

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Immensely sure, and even if I'm wrong I'm going to stick to my guns.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nico Nico No Way Norway!!!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

That being said, if an iM@S game was somehow ever released in English, I would buy it and play it.

That being said, it's never being released in English.

All you need is an iOS device and like $130 bucks!

…or y'know, just play them on psp, because shiny festa doesn't exactly require much reading ability besides "stage" and "festival."

I tried the english fan-translated psp ones too. Choosing the right answers for conversations is easy in that dating sim "this is probably what that type of character wants" kind of way that isn't at all easy. But I picked Haruka, so it was kinda easy. Less easy is picking one of three "good mornings" that matches the good morning you heard, except they're all translated as "good morning" and possibly a "GOOD MORNING," so it's a crapshoot.

The only other thing about those that'll probably catch you is reading the producers email and agreeing to interviews, because you have to keep track of the name of the interviewer and their magazine, just in case they ask. Also, in one of those I found a great bug that presented me with a response to some dodgy question about a scandal or something (because I'm pretty sure one of the possible answers was telling the guy to gently caress off or something). The game very helpfully decided to run through all three dialog options in a row, which was kinda hilarious.

The competition gameplay wasn't too terribly complicated, it was basically "I hope you have a high enough stat in whatever's popular, and don't mash the button for vocal appeal if the vocal guy's outline's shrinking, because he'll get pissed that everyone is doing vocal appeals and leave." I'm not sure what you're meant to do for the little concert at the end. Take pictures I guess? And sometimes do appeals and wonder why your idol has fallen over in the middle of Aoi Tori, I guess.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Immensely sure, and even if I'm wrong I'm going to stick to my guns.

admirable.

Unlike my 2x Saes, which shows I am a degenerate who played too much idol game. So much idol game, I came to realize that the song producer points (but not the total PRP, I mean the one with the kanji next to it) is High Score/10k. No idea what it does, but I guess now you'll know that your high score was only 120k, and you can probably do better.

e. Oh, I guess you do get 3 practice tickets/day. That's considerate.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 28, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Conversations were easy for Yayoi.

Chihaya, on the other hand... I like depressed anime girls but maybe Chihaya was too easily depressed.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Conversations were easy for Yayoi.

Chihaya, on the other hand... I like depressed anime girls but maybe Chihaya was too easily depressed.

imagine 3 chihayas

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

imagine 3 chihayas

Suddenly I'm in heaven.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Less easy is picking one of three "good mornings" that matches the good morning you heard, except they're all translated as "good morning" and possibly a "GOOD MORNING," so it's a crapshoot.

Oh, is that how that works? Namtab played one of those a bit and he mentioned the good morning thing, I figured it was just a crapshoot in Japanese too when I checked someone else's video since the options are just saying good morning in slightly different ways.

quote:

I'm not sure what you're meant to do for the little concert at the end. Take pictures I guess? And sometimes do appeals and wonder why your idol has fallen over in the middle of Aoi Tori, I guess.

You're supposed to bask in the glory of your performance. Also yeah, fall over if your idol still isn't up to scratch.

quote:

So much idol game, I came to realize that the song producer points (but not the total PRP, I mean the one with the kanji next to it) is High Score/10k. No idea what it does, but I guess now you'll know that your high score was only 120k, and you can probably do better.

Well, your high score is right there on the medal page, anyway

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Suddenly I'm in heaven.

Here's two - http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=sm4020191

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

here's three
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYctLssH3QM

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There's 24,338 people watching the live stream and it hasn't even quite started yet

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
How many of them have their light sticks ready

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

How many of them have their light sticks ready

They were naming their favourite idols in correctly-coloured text, basically the same thing

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, they updated the logo, I didn't even notice

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Alright, it was mostly a retrospective followed by a rehash of the Famitsu content, but there was a (brief) promo video. Maybe they've dropped the Second Vision thing because it wasn't in the logo at all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Voting for Aqours subunit names is set to begin on the first.

This site gives a translation of the proposed names that need it and of the explanations for all of them, and it promises a tutorial of how to vote on the day it begins.

I'm a fan of Powerful Garage for A due its sheer ridiculousness, AZALEA or KANARIA for B (though B has a wealth of good options, I feel), and maybe Chrom Cross for C, since I don't really care for any of theirs and it's the silliest. Actually, Sumire Gumi isn't terrible, maybe that.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Powerful Garage is pretty good, though Chu's Day amuses me too as a pun.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion posted:

Powerful Garage is pretty good, though Chu's Day amuses me too as a pun.

I always kind of dislike "let's take a bit from everyone's names" sorts of names (boring!), but that's a decent one since it then shifts the language.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

what kinda gameplay is the ps4 game is it the same as the phone touching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsujwBXwWPU turns out the rhythm gameplay parts are significantly more standard rhythm game than previous editions, assuming the gameplay around 1:05 is representative

Also, website http://platinum-stars.idolmaster.jp/ Also I just noticed they added photography as an official hobby for Chihaya, which is cute, since that only started in the movie as far as I know

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think I'm rooting for Hidamari Flowers, Komorebi, and Guilty Kiss for the three groups overall.

Chu's Day is pretty nice though, and Chrom Cross is just out there enough to work. Can't wait for Yohane antics.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Voting for subunit names may have been the most important day of your life, but for Chika, it was merely a Chu's Day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I fuckin' love all most of the choices for the last subunit. It appeals to the Chu2 in me.