Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6305345#post6305345

quote:

In conjunction with the Skill Trading feature, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements to skill book injection and the training queue, specifically:

Skills can now be injected at any time, regardless of requirements
You must now meet all prerequisites before beginning to train a skill
Skills with untrained prerequisites can now be added to the queue if they come after prerequisite training
[*] Unallocated skillpoints can now be applied to your training queue

:hellyeah:

though check your guys, if you had a grandfathered skill from tiericide it might be untrainable without the prereqs after patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

oh thank christ

I always hate grabbing a bunch of skills and then having to remember that I have half of them because they all rely on a prereq

(gunnery :argh: )

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Glory of Arioch posted:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6305345#post6305345

:hellyeah:

though check your guys, if you had a grandfathered skill from tiericide it might be untrainable without the prereqs after patch

:iia:

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010
Where's the nearest school station to Dek. I need to inject some skills.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is Miniluv still operational and active? I just read their GF thread and it sounds fun. I am confused though, during Jita Burn we were told not to do this on our mains because of wardecs and wanted levels and such. I still have a neutral burn jita alt sitting in hi-sec. I would get him into goonwaffe and join miniluv with that guy, correct?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Penguin Bacon posted:

Where's the nearest school station to Dek. I need to inject some skills.

Onnamon

this takes you through the EC-P8R -> Torrinos gate though so be an interceptor

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Kirs posted:

Flying space churches, very nice.

IMO it looks like a big popehat.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is Miniluv still operational and active? I just read their GF thread and it sounds fun. I am confused though, during Jita Burn we were told not to do this on our mains because of wardecs and wanted levels and such. I still have a neutral burn jita alt sitting in hi-sec. I would get him into goonwaffe and join miniluv with that guy, correct?

MiniLuv is definitely still a thing. The recruitment thread you read was posted 5 days ago? I'm a slack rear end, so it may take a minute to get accepted, but go read thread, get a solo killmail and post it in thread and apply in GSOAR. Make sure you have that scanner trained / training and can fly at least a T1 Catalyst (preferably T2).

We (I) don't really care what character you use in MiniLuv. It can be in alliance, out of alliance, in a different alliance (:siren:). War decs aren't really a problem anymore because we are all criminal (< -5.0 sec status) now anyway, so anyone can shoot us.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Those new carriers look ridiculous.

Looks like someone strapped a motor on a small outpost.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I really want the next CSM to just hammer on CCP about nullsec rewards. There are so many risk-averse pubbies that are content to just mill about in highsec making their blue collar dollar, but in my head I picture CCP dramatically buffing all things nullsec income and creating an 1800's California Gold Rush where suddenly everyone wants a piece of the pie.

I have to imagine that nothing lures back subscribers like new get-rich-quick mechanics, promises, and schemes and that ramping up nullsec rewards would do so much to fit CCP's supposed design model of risk vs. reward. Some of the most fun that I had in this game was dicking around on the Mordu undock and ninja'ing their missions for ridiculous ISK/LP ratios back when Garmurs and Orthruses first came out. I'd love to see poo poo like that all over nullsec. It would create endless hotspots to gank clueless missioning pubbies who, although they might get mad in the moment, realize they are making so much money anyways that they just fit up another Tengu and head out for another round later that evening. Twice the fun fighting on undocks now that you can pull relocation shenanigans with MJD's.

How many times does CCP have to fail at achieving their goals with nullsec before they finally realize that you need to go carrot-first rather than stick-first?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Siets posted:

I really want the next CSM to just hammer on CCP about nullsec rewards. There are so many risk-averse pubbies that are content to just mill about in highsec making their blue collar dollar, but in my head I picture CCP dramatically buffing all things nullsec income and creating an 1800's California Gold Rush where suddenly everyone wants a piece of the pie.

I have to imagine that nothing lures back subscribers like new get-rich-quick mechanics, promises, and schemes and that ramping up nullsec rewards would do so much to fit CCP's supposed design model of risk vs. reward. Some of the most fun that I had in this game was dicking around on the Mordu undock and ninja'ing their missions for ridiculous ISK/LP ratios back when Garmurs and Orthruses first came out. I'd love to see poo poo like that all over nullsec. It would create endless hotspots to gank clueless missioning pubbies who, although they might get mad in the moment, realize they are making so much money anyways that they just fit up another Tengu and head out for another round later that evening. Twice the fun fighting on undocks now that you can pull relocation shenanigans with MJD's.

How many times does CCP have to fail at achieving their goals with nullsec before they finally realize that you need to go carrot-first rather than stick-first?

The irony of this statement is that right after Dominion, nullsec was in a really good place because anomaly spawns were simply tied to ratting indexes and ihub upgrades, not truesec. Then they made anomoly spawning directly tied to truesec, and a lot of nullsec space became poo poo again. This also cut the legs out from any smaller alliances (back when those were allowed to exist) that had access to some space, even if it wasn't "good" space.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

I really want the next CSM to just hammer on CCP about nullsec rewards. There are so many risk-averse pubbies that are content to just mill about in highsec making their blue collar dollar, but in my head I picture CCP dramatically buffing all things nullsec income and creating an 1800's California Gold Rush where suddenly everyone wants a piece of the pie

When they nuke moon mining and you can undock a mack and go hoover up some dyspro this might be a thing

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

The irony of this statement is that right after Dominion, nullsec was in a really good place because anomaly spawns were simply tied to ratting indexes and ihub upgrades, not truesec. Then they made anomoly spawning directly tied to truesec, and a lot of nullsec space became poo poo again. This also cut the legs out from any smaller alliances (back when those were allowed to exist) that had access to some space, even if it wasn't "good" space.

Well clearly the solution is just to make "poo poo + (poo poo * 5%)" by installing an ESS, right? :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Siets posted:

CCP doesn't actually use CSM for anything involving balancing, for a couple of reasons:

1) The last CSM or two has been full of leakers; you can reliably see a market lurch about 24 hours prior to most dev blogs being released
2) CCP has plenty of headstrong devs who pretty much do whatever they want and the CSM be damned.
3) Even the smarter devs won't actually talk to the CSM at large regarding balance; they'll talk with one or two "trusted" people, use their input to decide what they want to do, and then do it and the CSM be damned. (As far as being trusted goes, they generally only talk to people who are bound by an NDA with CCP, which generally limits them to past/present CSM and Alliance Tournament commentators.)

For all these reasons, CSM10 has primarily functioned as a coalmine canary: CCP lets loose a little squeaker fart in the room, and sees if the CSM drops dead. If the canary dies, they might reevaluate things. Otherwise, they go "not stinky enough to kill, good enough" and promptly fire off the full Bronx Cheer in public the next day.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Siets posted:

It's either got to be a massive massive nulled buff which might potentially flood the game with isk, or it has to include a highsec incursion (and maybe mission) nerf. Because why do something with more risk for the same money?

I'm summary, remove facpo, nerf jump freighters, nerf concord, nerf missions, nerf incursions im gay

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But I want to keep believing that democracy isn't a lie. :smithicide:

vvv Yeah I literally lol'd at that.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

CCP lets loose a little squeaker fart in the room, and sees if the CSM drops dead. If the canary dies, they might reevaluate things. Otherwise, they go "not stinky enough to kill, good enough" and promptly fire off the full Bronx Cheer in public the next day

Great analogy :golfclap:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

scandoslav posted:

don't forget never-been hangers-on

Hi

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It's either got to be a massive massive nulled buff which might potentially flood the game with isk, or it has to include a highsec incursion (and maybe mission) nerf. Because why do something with more risk for the same money?

I'm summary, remove facpo, nerf jump freighters, nerf concord, nerf missions, nerf incursions im gay

Well, what I think worked with the Garmur / Orthrus / Barghest update was that a raw ISK faucet was not created while a potent source of wealth was. The problem with this as a scaled-up model for all of nullsec is that it clearly takes CCP ages to develop new art assets (I'm looking at you Dominix redesign :argh:), and as a result they just don't have the resources to introduce new high-demand faction ships everywhere.

I'm hoping crew's statement regarding the moongoo changes rings true, because then it still works as a new source of wealth without being an ISK faucet. The only question is "how much?" Even if CCP did need to create new ISK faucets, it seems from their previous giant economy update that they have found good ways to balance ISK faucets vs. ISK sinks. To me, this says that new ISK faucets don't necessarily need to be off the table going forward.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kesper North posted:

IMO it looks like a big popehat.

The Caldari one looks like the nose of a Wyvern.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I got an email about "citadels", is this a new feature that's like giant POSes?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
who gives a gently caress about balancing isk faucets and sinks when the problem is the relative distribution of income opportunities

to make top tier PVE money in this game, you need to:
-run level 5s in a supersperg carrier set up
-run cap escalations
-run incursions in highsec

this isn't counting people like Gaara's sniper because he is just scaling poo poo and also most people run under five accounts

none of those income methods are very high risk and none of them generate lots of fights which is at least in part why they are the best

good PVE makes people transit systems (see: running sites in a wormhole's static connection) because that movement creates opportunities for players to shoot each other

gently caress highsec and gently caress CCP for dumping money there instead of somewhere dangerous

1.5% of player accounts do incursions and it generates like 1/3rd of all the income in the game

ugh

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

More or less. POSs completely recoded, and while they were at it conceptually redone as well.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm completely with you Fix Lag, I just think that reallocating current income methods from highsec to nullsec will never ever sell with the current playerbase. I think whatever they do to buff nullsec needs to be novel and in addition to what already exists for highsec income. It also needs to be nearly an order of magnitude more profitable so as to generate buzz and draw out the otherwise horrendously risk-averse crowd.

That incursions statistic is all kinds of hosed up though if true. Holy cow. :shittypop:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

For all these reasons, CSM10 has primarily functioned as a coalmine canary: CCP lets loose a little squeaker fart in the room, and sees if the CSM drops dead. If the canary dies, they might reevaluate things. Otherwise, they go "not stinky enough to kill, good enough" and promptly fire off the full Bronx Cheer in public the next day.

This is quite possibly one of the best posts in this thread.

Siets posted:

I'm completely with you Fix Lag, I just think that reallocating current income methods from highsec to nullsec will never ever sell with the current playerbase. I think whatever they do to buff nullsec needs to be novel and in addition to what already exists for highsec income. It also needs to be nearly an order of magnitude more profitable so as to generate buzz and draw out the otherwise horrendously risk-averse crowd.

That incursions statistic is all kinds of hosed up though if true. Holy cow. :shittypop:

It's not far off. Back when we did gooncursions when they first released depending on how carefully pruned things were and how loving retarded we let people get with fleet comp it was 100-180m/h doing it in omnitanked ships that could survive pvp (We did them in lowsec).

In highsec where you really don't have to give a poo poo about pvp and could go min tank max kill the numbers were probably higher.

And this was before the LP cash in at MS death, which to give you an idea of how much money you could make: After a week of incursions I purchased something on the order of 25 sets of +3 implants to hand out to newbies scott free as well as several sets of +5's for myself.

If I had used that money on the actual concord LP items for sale I'd have made more but I was mega lazy.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 28, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Vendictus Prime posted:

Force Auxiliaries video up; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EwkjpzMZVw

Caldari supremacy still reigns.

The minmatar one should have not been vertical. Just to gently caress with the system.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Siets posted:

No amount of nullsec income buffs is going to pull the risk averse people out of highsec if they can adequately meet what they need by poopsocking missions or doing incursions.

Rhymenoserous posted:

This is quite possibly one of the best posts in this thread.

:agreed:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Siets posted:

I'm completely with you Fix Lag, I just think that reallocating current income methods from highsec to nullsec will never ever sell with the current playerbase.

when they nerf highsec incursions they're going to have to be very clever and indirect about it so most highsec babbies don't notice their golden teat running dry until it's too late

an easy thing to start with would be site respawn timers, much like when they hosed nullsec anomalies the first time

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fix Lag posted:

when they nerf highsec incursions they're going to have to be very clever and indirect about it so most highsec babbies don't notice their golden teat running dry until it's too late

an easy thing to start with would be site respawn timers, much like when they hosed nullsec anomalies the first time

Increase the chance of spawning the lovely mining anom by 50%.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Fix Lag posted:

Summoning Querns. You've pushed CCP to fix skill training. Now, get them to fix high-sec incursions. L4 missions are probably too easy, too, but whatever. Let's fix the ISK faucet that is high-sec incursions first.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yes this is your very own fortress in space

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Some of the risk-averse people already have come to nullsec. That's pretty much what renters are.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Some of the risk-averse people already have come to nullsec. That's pretty much what renters are.

You are still infinitely more likely to get killed by random people when running anoms in Pure Blind than you are when running Missions in Highsec. Additionally, a (somewhat dedicated) group of Blops, hotdroppers or even regular roamers can more effectively shut down a ratting/mining pocket there. I mean, sure, they are dodging the whole "sov warfare" thing, but so is everybody else, because it is utterly poo poo.

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 29, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Too many 0.0 regions spread around the perimeter of the map for too little gain. You get 0.0 ratting in exchange for being on the loving edge of the map. Half of your potential power projection overlaps either empty parts of the map or it goes off the loving border. Lowsec has a much denser map which results in far more systems being in direct jump range of capitals.

CCP wants to get rid of top down income streams and yet lowsec has far more money moons in direct jump range of a given system than 0.0.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

Too many 0.0 regions spread around the perimeter of the map for too little gain. You get 0.0 ratting in exchange for being on the loving edge of the map. Half of your potential power projection overlaps either empty parts of the map or it goes off the loving border. Lowsec has a much denser map which results in far more systems being in direct jump range of capitals.

CCP wants to get rid of top down income streams and yet lowsec has far more money moons in direct jump range of a given system than 0.0.

And we can sit grinding Level Vs all day. :3

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Reverand maynard posted:

I've started to wonder if part of the solution is geographic. Should CCP remove some null-sec regions, and convert some low-sec into null?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

And we can sit grinding Level Vs all day. :3

moving the entire CFC into a single system and running lvl 5s there is my dream

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fix Lag posted:

I'm all for nerfing highsec incursions, but this makes no sense.

If it is only a very small slice of people doing highsec incursions, then if they get nerfed only a very small group of people will be put out.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

I've started to wonder if part of the solution is geographic. Should CCP remove some null-sec regions, and convert some low-sec into null?

The current 0.0 experience is akin to playing musical chairs with 9 people and 13 chairs, and none of the chairs are better than any other chair by a significant margin. Say we decided we loving hated TEST and we wanted their space. They can simply pick up and move to another region that isn't being used/being used marginally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

moving the entire CFC into a single system and running lvl 5s there is my dream

I mean in theory there is no reason why this wouldn't work. I guess it'd crash the LP market pretty quick though.

• Locked thread