Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Yeah, he definitely had his hands up at first, so he at least understood the concept/command of putting your hands up. Then reaches down with both hands twice and gets wasted. Can't say I wouldnt have done the same thing if I was the roadblock dudes. What a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
well lets not be dishonest it is a tried and true tactic of modern policing

edit: giving conflicting commands and then killing the suspect for complying

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

EX250 Type R posted:

this is the FBI so they're not your podunk cops that are power tripping. These guys are way better.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Random hold up chance screwed the FBI out the S rank. Thanks Kojima.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

EX250 Type R posted:

the cops are gonna be telling him to get on the ground, when you have two cops pointing guns at you the stupidest possible thing you can do is reach into your pocket super furtively

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

EX250 Type R posted:

Yeah Im sure the FBI really WANTED to kill this guy. Because that just made this militia situation a whole lot better. Now these rednecks have an idiot tarp martyr to pray to.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I just don't know what this guy's thinking. There's too many feds around to think hrs going to loving take them all out. He had to be living out his patriotic death fantasy.

Gonna post this on some websites talking about his MURDER

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

Yeah Im sure the FBI really WANTED to kill this guy. Because that just made this militia situation a whole lot better. Now these rednecks have an idiot tarp martyr to pray to.

I'm not sure it matters if there is a martyr or not. The people who think these guys are patriots don't/can't care about facts.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
be free tarp ghost

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
they would have been justified in shooting him even before he got out the truck, cops consider vehicles to be deadly weapons and when you try to run them over in one they will totally shoot you for it (that's how the one Bundy got shot in the same video)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the 2nd amendment fetishists fantasy finally came true:

a potential violent gunman was shot and killed by law-abiding gun carrying citizens before he could hurt anyone

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What's the stupid little chicken dance he does right before he gets shot? Is he trying to get his footing in the snow or indecision at trying to make a break for the truck?

The stupidest move had to be the decision to run in the first place. All you're going to do is die tired.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
It's not like the police need a reason (legally) to shoot you. Case law has pretty much established that as soon as a law enforcement officer utters the words "I feared for my life" all bets are off regardless of what the evidence shows. If they wanted to kill him they would have just opened fire as soon as he exited the truck.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Finicum wrote a book where his super cool main character quickdraws on 3 guys and kills them all. Then he hangs a female government worker in the street for the finale.

Just saiyan

he was a good boy, dindu nuffin

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Cygni posted:

a potential violent gunman was shot and killed by law-abiding gun carrying citizens before he could hurt anyone

:vince:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Young Freud posted:

What's the stupid little chicken dance he does right before he gets shot? Is he trying to get his footing in the snow or indecision at trying to make a break for the truck?

The stupidest move had to be the decision to run in the first place. All you're going to do is die tired.

He looks like he's trying to draw, but has a jacket on, and surprise, is a lovely gunman. So he slips around in the snow for a while.

It's like
*draw...poo poo didn't work
*puts arms up again...well they totally saw me...
*draw attempt 2...dead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

So Ammon is pretty much full of poo poo when he says LaVoy was cooperating with police when he was shot. No way Ammon could have seen anything from way back where his car stopped.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

So Ammon is pretty much full of poo poo

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Angela Christine posted:

So Ammon is pretty much full of poo poo when he says LaVoy was cooperating with police when he was shot. No way Ammon could have seen anything from way back where his car stopped.

A Bundy being a dishonest shithead? :monocle:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Bombadilillo posted:

He looks like he's trying to draw, but has a jacket on, and surprise, is a lovely gunman. So he slips around in the snow for a while.

It's like
*draw...poo poo didn't work
*puts arms up again...well they totally saw me...
*draw attempt 2...dead.

I'm assuming he's right-handed and shoots the same way. He put the gun in his left hand pocket which means he had to reach across himself and in general just slowed his probably already slow draw.

For all the westerns he almost definitely watched, you'd think he would remember this one dumb thing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Geoj posted:

It's not like the police need a reason (legally) to shoot you. Case law has pretty much established that as soon as a law enforcement officer utters the words "I feared for my life" all bets are off regardless of what the evidence shows. If they wanted to kill him they would have just opened fire as soon as he exited the truck.

they started firing before the truck stopped

because he was literally using his truck as a weapon

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Angela Christine posted:

He had his hands up for a second! That means cops legally can't do anything when you start desperately trying to whip out a loaded gun

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Guys, I am starting to get the impression that these guys might not be completely trustworthy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Angela Christine posted:

Here's the video on the FBI youtube channel. It's a little clearer than the press conference where reporters were recording a tv screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjl1hefqqWI

e: jump to 5:45 to see it starting from the roadblock.

At 5:50 he hits a cop too

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tricky D posted:

Guys, I am starting to get the impression that these guys might not be completely trustworthy.

Yeah... the loving pigs are all liars man. :v:

vvv it's ok to root for the FBI, they actually prosecute corrupt cops vvv

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

At 5:50 he hits a cop too

Is it rooting for the cops if I sincerely hope that guy is OK?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
when are we gonna roll in THE ROOK?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Cowman posted:

I'm assuming he's right-handed and shoots the same way. He put the gun in his left hand pocket which means he had to reach across himself and in general just slowed his probably already slow draw.

For all the westerns he almost definitely watched, you'd think he would remember this one dumb thing.

Add cross draw holsters to the huge list of idiot things these guys think are super tactical and cool but are immensely retarded.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

EorayMel posted:

when are we gonna roll in THE ROOK?

that looks like a portapotty attached to a bulldozer

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah... the loving pigs are all liars man. :v:

vvv it's ok to root for the FBI, they actually prosecute corrupt cops vvv

Wait no that's not what I meant

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

King of Bees posted:

Add cross draw holsters to the huge list of idiot things these guys think are super tactical and cool but are immensely retarded.

you're assuming he had a holster

it was in his pocket :ssh:

e- I bet it was a Hipoint, too

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope the guy they almost ran over had a body cam on.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sphinxster posted:

Is it rooting for the cops if I sincerely hope that guy is OK?

the driver?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

the driver?

The guy that was just about or actually run down. I assume he was some kind of federal agent part of the roadblock.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cygni posted:

Bonus points for the gunman being a terrorist

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Sphinxster posted:

The guy that was just about or actually run down. I assume he was some kind of federal agent part of the roadblock.

During the press conference they said a federal agent was nearly hit. Sounds like the guy managed to jump out of the way.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Sphinxster posted:

Ammon Bundy says this will be fought in the courts. Does he not realize he will be in federal court standing trial for well documented crimes? What does he think is going to happen? It'll be like Matlock and when he speaks his magic words the government will apologize and give in to his demands.

He's going to read the entire loving John Galt speech isn't he? :ohdear:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

During the press conference they said a federal agent was nearly hit. Sounds like the guy managed to jump out of the way.

It looked like maybe he thought they were going to plow in to the roadblock and was trying to get out of the way of that.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lmao off this is real.

"yeah son's probably gonna do suicide by cop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Is a man not entitled to the rain from his tarp?