Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Joementum posted:

Honestly, I don't know. And unfortunately due to the uniqueness of his campaign, I don't think we'll ever know.

Emptyquotin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

a cop posted:

Sooooo it's safe to say that Trump made a brilliant move by skipping out on the debate, right?

He would have gotten stumped by youtube cosmeticians, so yes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joementum posted:

Honestly, I don't know. And unfortunately due to the uniqueness of his campaign, I don't think we'll ever know.

If Cruz and/or Rubio are hurt by this then I think we have to give it to Trump. Maybe he would have navigated it better or maybe he wouldn't have been attacked as hard but if he can come out steady and they get hurt than you gotta take that win.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

If Cruz and/or Rubio are hurt by this then I think we have to give it to Trump. Maybe he would have navigated it better or maybe he wouldn't have been attacked as hard but if he can come out steady and they get hurt than you gotta take that win.

They would have gone for the throat. His old pro-choice videos, his Iowa values video, all that stuff

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

blue squares posted:

No way. Roger Ailes tweet did not come from some editor. Trump stumbled into another victory by luck

I'm not talking about the tweet I'm thinking some of this must have started over a week or so ago when Trump really started making noise over the issue. The tweet was the *perfect* excuse.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Trump is going to get 40% in Iowa on Monday and Rinse Pubis is going to give himself lead poisoning.

TRUMP!!!

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

U mad

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

Yeah I said if there's any fall out it won't be immediate. This will all be about the narrative that plays out of this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

blue squares posted:

They would have gone for the throat. His old pro-choice videos, his Iowa values video, all that stuff

Probably. But I mean they could have killed Christie and Jeb if they wanted too. I'm not sure what if any strategy was there unless it was about propping up the establishment guys. But yeah, they probably would have gone after Trump, in which case he probably dodged one.

Of course the next question is now that Fox News has opened this particular box do the next debates pull the same stunt going forward? In which case dodging one debate might not matter.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

I was afraid I was the only one who noticed that beautiful moment

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Oh boy here comes the luntz focus group.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't know, skipping the final debate as the clear polling leader right before Iowa, in a big field where everyone will be gunning for him, seems like a great move -- then you take in account Trump's gift for grabbing as much media attention as possible. Had it been anyone else, they would have suffered from lack of visibility this close to an election, but that's not a problem here.

4 days to the election, four days until the up-haul on this roller coaster ride finishes and we get to sit on the very precipice before dropping down ...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/gov/status/692911185549602816

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Brannock posted:

I don't know, skipping the final debate as the clear polling leader right before Iowa, in a big field where everyone will be gunning for him, seems like a great move -- then you take in account Trump's gift for grabbing as much media attention as possible. Had it been anyone else, they would have suffered from lack of visibility this close to an election, but that's not a problem here.

4 days to the election, four days until the up-haul on this roller coaster ride finishes and we get to sit on the very precipice before dropping down ...

the important thing is if everyone spends the next day or two saying "TRUMP SKIPPED THE DEBATE, WILL IT HURT HIM IN THE POLLS?!?" Because if the story of the debate is that he skipped it, then lmao.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
LUNTZ IS ALWAYS SUCH A loving JOKE

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's cool 'cause it's not even scripted. Everybody who's been around him enough hates him so much that they have a contingency plan for when they're within 20 feet of him.

Even goofy worthless Jeb knows how to fake having something else to do.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Shoulda known. They are all dropping down on their knees and giving Rubio some deep neck.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I think Luntz might be drunk.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Fox trying to make the story of the debate that Rubio blew everyone away.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexicon1 posted:

Shoulda known. They are all dropping down on their knees and giving Rubio some deep neck.

Lungs is ALWAYS an establishment shill. Just look back at his past tweets our focus groups.

He is ALWAYS pushing the establishment agenda. Last debate he was all about Christie and Cruz

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

breaklaw posted:

Fox trying to make the story of the debate that Rubio blew everyone away.

Yup. SO INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Probably. But I mean they could have killed Christie and Jeb if they wanted too. I'm not sure what if any strategy was there unless it was about propping up the establishment guys. But yeah, they probably would have gone after Trump, in which case he probably dodged one.

Of course the next question is now that Fox News has opened this particular box do the next debates pull the same stunt going forward? In which case dodging one debate might not matter.
Once the actual voting has begun the debates won't matter as much

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If I had to pick a republican president I think it would have to be Jeb

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vile posted:

Yup. SO INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS

you seem upset

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

you seem upset

just passionate

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
And high energy

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

blue squares posted:

If I had to pick a republican president I think it would have to be Jeb

I'd probably go with kasich. He at least seems open to the idea of not ending the world via endless nuclear war.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
Does anyone have a clip of Fox showing Cruz lying?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Rexicon1 posted:

I'd probably go with kasich. He at least seems open to the idea of not ending the world via endless nuclear war.

kasich might have the added bonus of not having the entire bush neo-con apparatus in the white house as well.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

Jeb would provide more comedy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So was I right about the knives coming out on Ted Cruz, with Donald Trump being mostly ignored save for some minor snark at the beginning? I missed a lot of this one.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jeb would gently caress up so much he would accidentally be the most progressive president.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Rand might be the guy who could do the least harm. He's basically a man with no country.

Which, you know, is why he could never ever win.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So was I right about the knives coming out on Ted Cruz, with Donald Trump being mostly ignored save for some minor snark at the beginning? I missed a lot of this one.

That's exactly what happened.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I think Rand might be the guy who could do the least harm. He's basically a man with no country.

Which, you know, is why he could never ever win.

He comes off that way, but if you actually look at his proposals and how he voted in the senate, he'd be one of the worst. Second only to Cruz.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The Trump thing was incredibly boring.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

Jeb would gently caress up so much he would accidentally be the most progressive president.

Aww dag-Nabbit! I done gave amnesty to all these Syrian immigrants because I signed the wrong bill! Shucks guys :3:

Now which one of these do I sign to do the thing with single payer healthcare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

fronz posted:

The Trump thing was incredibly boring.

It was a fundraiser for vets that raised over six million dollars

• Locked thread