Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

The current 0.0 experience is akin to playing musical chairs with 9 people and 13 chairs, and none of the chairs are better than any other chair by a significant margin. Say we decided we loving hated TEST and we wanted their space. They can simply pick up and move to another region that isn't being used/being used marginally.

This, by the way, is also the reason why the whole "viceroy" thing doesn't really work. I mean, I'm sure we can wait for a bit longer for all of those hungry-for-nullsec corps and alliances to settle in Cloud Ring, ignoring that this is unlikely because there is more than enough space nobody cares about all over the place and not in direct range of us and a bunch of different lowsec groups, plus Fountain Core & T-C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hollow Talk posted:

This, by the way, is also the reason why the whole "viceroy" thing doesn't really work. I mean, I'm sure we can wait for a bit longer for all of those hungry-for-nullsec corps and alliances to settle in Cloud Ring, ignoring that this is unlikely because there is more than enough space nobody cares about all over the place and not in direct range of us and a bunch of different lowsec groups, plus Fountain Core & T-C.

We either need citadels for it to work, fix the map, or an incentive for all the lowsec pvp groups to move to null.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

We either need citadels for it to work, fix the map, or an incentive for all the lowsec pvp groups to move to null.

It still won't work, regardless of that, because for many that live in lowsec, isk generation isn't their chief concern, PVP is. And no matter what you do, nullsec cannot duplicate the PVP rules of lowsec. Lowsec entities also project enough power to eliminate any viceroy entities they want currently (looking at you pred elite) and can overtake citadels and anything else in the area, before dissapearing, forcing null groups to constantly come to lowsec and then not get any content whatsoever. And you can't take a station in lowsec and can't rape cage a system, so there really isn't anything you can do if we/they don't want to fight.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It should also be noted that lowsec nerds have shown a willingness to grind in stealthbombers too.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh for gently caress's sake, enough with the highsec nerf bullshit. What are the newbros supposed to do while their skills train? HS missions are for exactly that reason. Yes, there are pubbie shitlords abusing the mission system but guess what? That's theirs and CCP's business, not yours. If you don't do missions on the reg, it's not your concern.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im going to just assume you're sincere from now on so, shut up retard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
rude

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
deservedly so

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

im going to just assume you're sincere from now on so, shut up retard

suck my dick you shitheel

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

I don't think citadels will change anything here. Let's be honest, nobody even remotely in their right mind will put up a XL citadel even remotely close to us, because you might as well throw your money out of the window straight away. The other option would be for us to put up a XL in a region, but then we would have to actually defend it, which runs counter the whole "rule from overseas" idea behind the viceroy ...thing.

Kimsemus posted:

It still won't work, regardless of that, because for many that live in lowsec, isk generation isn't their chief concern, PVP is. And no matter what you do, nullsec cannot duplicate the PVP rules of lowsec. Lowsec entities also project enough power to eliminate any viceroy entities they want currently (looking at you pred elite) and can overtake citadels and anything else in the area, before dissapearing, forcing null groups to constantly come to lowsec and then not get any content whatsoever. And you can't take a station in lowsec and can't rape cage a system, so there really isn't anything you can do if we/they don't want to fight.

There is this, too. As it stands, you cannot really touch a lowsec group (or a "nomadic nullsec entity", which is an oxymoron to begin with) if they choose not to come and play. And while you can go after moons, they will simply be taken back unless you want to leave a permanent presence, which is unlikely as a nullsec entity. Additionally, you cannot functionally stop lowsec players from making money (cf. my comment about nullsec renters). Add to that the specific lowsec (bloc, not micro/nano/solo pvp) mentality of only taking fights that you can win (if you do not, that either means you missed something, misjudged or the other side batphoned harder) makes for unappealing wars with lowsec entities, who in turn have nothing to win and everything to lose when they turn to nullsec.

Fixing the map would probably create artificial scarcity of space for a while, but realistically, it would also mean that CCP would actually have to admit that their nullsec plans (re: fozziesov) were rubbish and that the game does not have enough players anymore to sustain its current scope, which would most likely begin an accelerated death spiral; it would also set a precedent that would have a decent chance of hurting them at some point in the future.

As it stands, you have the static nature you have: highsec, by definition, does not move or develop anywhere. Lowsec is divvied up between a handful of firmly entrenched entities, while the recent formation of the "Lowsec Voltron" (such a stupid name) has shown that they are more than willing to temp-blue pretty much anybody who is willing in order to safeguard the status quo. Nullsec, similarly, is not moving anywhere, because we are static and sit in the North, because the DRF have a secure slice of the East and a NIP with us. Additionally, you have the new "Thunderdome" with mutual NIPs in Querious, which -- despite claims to the contrary -- is very much a symptom of the static nature and current undesirability of any of that space, even if it is clad in the guise of "this is for fun and the new players" (akin to "Won't somebody think of the children!"). On top of that, you have a few nomadic entities that sit on their respective moon empires and who otherwise play kingmaker; and Provi is as static as always. Fozziesov failed to change any of that and, in turn, we have seen a massive decline in big fights over objectives that are not moons. Citadels and cap changes will change little about it, and there seems to be no other change on the more immediate horizon that promises to change any of these balances.

So I don't think either of your options are going to change what we currently have, and I am not sure what will.

fake-edit: this has gotten a bit to long and :spergin:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
remove hi-sec completely imo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ScreamingLlama posted:

cry more about being a human trashcan who cant do anything right

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

bonewitch posted:

remove hi-sec completely imo

Just remove systems at random, and biomass whoever is in them at the time. Nobody can complain it's specifically targeting their playstyle, and we would all have a decent chance of being finally released into freedom.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
So what really IS the reason that bubbles/bombs/etc. can't be used in Low-sec? I guess I don't see any strong reason that can't be debunked by NPC-null or straight null as it is. I mean, jesus I can only imagine how different low sec would be if you could.

Then, of course, there'd be no 'gradual' shift between high sec and null sec but really what's the loss?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

So what really IS the reason that bubbles/bombs/etc. can't be used in Low-sec? I guess I don't see any strong reason that can't be debunked by NPC-null or straight null as it is. I mean, jesus I can only imagine how different low sec would be if you could.

Then, of course, there'd be no 'gradual' shift between high sec and null sec but really what's the loss?

By now? Probably the :byodood:-"muh slave set"-crowd.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

dialhforhero posted:

i mean bubbles are almost pointless in nullsec, since there is interdiction nullification in the game

remove interdiction nullification ccp, do it and we'll shut up about the sion animetomo thing

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, enough with the highsec nerf bullshit. What are the newbros supposed to do while their skills train? HS missions are for exactly that reason. Yes, there are pubbie shitlords abusing the mission system but guess what? That's theirs and CCP's business, not yours. If you don't do missions on the reg, it's not your concern.

What level is your Raven?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah screamingllama isn't actually an elaborate troll he's just really really bad

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

yeah screamingllama isn't actually an elaborate troll he's just really really bad

at this point even if he was just a troll, gently caress it, poe's works on stupid too

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ynglaur posted:

Summoning Querns. You've pushed CCP to fix skill training. Now, get them to fix high-sec incursions. L4 missions are probably too easy, too, but whatever. Let's fix the ISK faucet that is high-sec incursions first.

I spent a long time doing level 4 missions, and while they may be easy they are not that rewarding. I don't think they should be touched. Level 4's are not a problem.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You were doing them wrong. When done correctly via blitzing they equal or exceed null carrier ratting (unless you multi box them), while under the protection of concord.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ScreamingLlama posted:

I don't think he can shut his lips that tight.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

darth cookie posted:

You were doing them wrong. When done correctly via blitzing they equal or exceed null carrier ratting (unless you multi box them), while under the protection of concord.

What the hell? I was getting maybe max 10m per tick or something. Granted I wasn't using the best boat for it. A Dominix in the Tash-Murkon area I think.

E: But then again, I'm not rally counting LP in the reward, so you're probably right. I just don't remember how LP was worth back then.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Dalael posted:

What the hell? I was getting maybe max 10m per tick or something. Granted I wasn't using the best boat for it. A Dominix in the Tash-Murkon area I think.

E: But then again, I'm not rally counting LP in the reward, so you're probably right. I just don't remember how LP was worth back then.

LP is where the money in blitzing is, you use a mach or something equally fast and use alts to pull the fastest missions.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bonewitch posted:

LP is where the money in blitzing is, you use a mach or something equally fast and use alts to pull the fastest missions.

That sounds like a lot of effort

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Summoning Querns. You've pushed CCP to fix skill training. Now, get them to fix high-sec incursions. L4 missions are probably too easy, too, but whatever. Let's fix the ISK faucet that is high-sec incursions first.

taking credit for stuff i didnt do is my favorite

and yeah incursions are on my radar

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also right now cherry picking only burner missions shits out isk, especially if you do it in nullsec for the sanctuary

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

at this point ccp isn't really motivated to touch this poo poo so the best way to get it nerfed is to get goons doing it

so https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub here have fun, enjoy a pubbie guide to blitzing burner missions

you can turn around and do this poo poo in npc pure blind for a much greater reward too

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

200m isk per hour huh

For you thetans thats a 66 mil tick

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

at this point ccp isn't really motivated to touch this poo poo so the best way to get it nerfed is to get goons doing it

so https://docs.google.com/document/d/1knVqZEH8qFY0eT44nMEFwcKd3t4PbgcZeuv58SVUxsI/pub here have fun, enjoy a pubbie guide to blitzing burner missions

you can turn around and do this poo poo in npc pure blind for a much greater reward too

querns are you a moa spy trying to get theta to run missions in x-7 with blingy tengus

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i don't actually know any other soe systems cause gently caress pure blind

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dialhforhero posted:

You've never been able to because lowsec was originally designed to be a mechanical stepping stone between high and null, but it has different rules, which encourages a completely different style of play and fighting. The use of HG slave pods as a norm in fits is just one of these things, but fights tend to be fought in point range in a lot of cases, and the use of blap dreads and other caps for hit and run and tactical benefit is widespread. Fleets typically have a much heavier emphasis on support ships in doctrines as well.

I've spent years FCing in both null and lowsec, and for these and other reasons, I find lowsec to be far more fun in terms of the fluidity of engagements and the flexibility in fitting. Also supers can be used a lot more frequently and brazenly, as (right now) only a scripted HIC can hold you down and it takes multiple per super.

What Hollow Talk said about our willingness to work together to push any null entity out is also true. I FC in Shadow Cartel, and Shadow Cartel and Snuff just finished a bitter war, but we will NIP and blue up in a heartbeat if threatened by any outside entity. We have our spheres and regions of influence and firmly entrenched political and economic holds in lowsec, and will fight and die to defend it, and since we fight where we live, we can sustain a war without fatigue far, far longer than any invading nullsec power. DHSJ and Pred's other friends are being hellburned now due in no small part to his bending the knee to the CFC, and allowing an outside entity to attempt to influence our political system. We're not diametrically opposed to the cfc or any nullsec entity since we don't share the same goals of spheres of influence, and the way I see it, goons and the cfc can rule all of null, but stay the gently caress out of my yard. Lowsec is the last vestige of true nomadic, violent PVP and shifting allegiances and nomadic warfare, and I'd like to keep it that way. As a goon I'm happy to see the massive success of GSF and the content it provides people, but I don't want my kind of warfare and my kind of fights to be taken away in low. And I certainly don't want to be influenced by null politics.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 29, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Eve is our yard and so long as you play there is no place we can't or won't go to subjugate you if we feel like it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

You've never been able to because lowsec was originally designed to be a mechanical stepping stone between high and null, but it has different rules, which encourages a completely different style of play and fighting. The use of HG slave pods as a norm in fits is just one of these things, but fights tend to be fought in point range in a lot of cases, and the use of blap dreads and other caps for hit and run and tactical benefit is widespread. Fleets typically have a much heavier emphasis on support ships in doctrines as well.

I've spent years FCing in both null and lowsec, and for these and other reasons, I find lowsec to be far more fun in terms of the fluidity of engagements and the flexibility in fitting. Also supers can be used a lot more frequently and brazenly, as (right now) only a scripted HIC can hold you down and it takes multiple per super.

What Hollow Talk said about our willingness to work together to push any null entity out is also true. I FC in Shadow Cartel, and Shadow Cartel and Snuff just finished a bitter war, but we will NIP and blue up in a heartbeat if threatened by any outside entity. We have our spheres and regions of influence and firmly entrenched political and economic holds in lowsec, and will fight and die to defend it, and since we fight where we live, we can sustain a war without fatigue far, far longer than any invading nullsec power. DHSJ and Pred's other friends are being hellburned now due in no small part to his bending the knee to the CFC, and allowing an outside entity to attempt to influence our political system. We're not diametrically opposed to the cfc or any nullsec entity since we don't share the same goals of spheres of influence, and the way I see it, goons and the cfc can rule all of null, but stay the gently caress out of my yard. Lowsec is the last vestige of true nomadic, violent PVP and shifting allegiances and nomadic warfare, and I'd like to keep it that way. As a goon I'm happy to see the massive success of GSF and the content it provides people, but I don't want my kind of warfare and my kind of fights to be taken away in low. And I certainly don't want to be influenced by null politics.

Your paragraph there is quite literally the whole reason for it. That attitude, I mean. It's in the same vein of bluster as the original bob

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

He's been in SC for all of like three months so I think its just words

You word it like you're making some last stand at the alamo when "hey wanna fleet up and shot goons together?" is like the easiest rallying cry, doubly so since there isn't really assets we can take other than some r64s which we can't be bothered to hold that far from deklein.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How has lowsec changed over the past few years? Last I played in 2013 it was considered an empty waste.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

You word it like you're making some last stand at the alamo when "hey wanna fleet up and shot goons together?" is like the easiest rallying cry, doubly so since there isn't really assets we can take other than some r64s which we can't be bothered to hold that far from deklein.

6 months, but yeah that's basically what we do, just temp blue and fight nullsec. I just think the viceroy program is stupid and the people that fall for it are even more stupid. It's like you pay a portion of your income to have someone from null come help you, when we just dock up and wait for the batphone to leave then take whatever we're hitting anyway.

darth cookie posted:

Eve is our yard and so long as you play there is no place we can't or won't go to subjugate you if we feel like it.

And people accuse me of bluster. :smuggo:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 29, 2016

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Met posted:

How has lowsec changed over the past few years? Last I played in 2013 it was considered an empty waste.

Everyone learned that standings don't actually matter and holding nullsec is a loving chore, so just live out of lowsec and poo poo on anyone and everyone you can get at. Your stuff is never at risk, you've got fantastic isk making potential with incursions and faction warfare and you can pick and choose your engagements with nullsec sovholders who can't be assed to go into lowsec (mostly).

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

darth cookie posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reverand maynard posted:

nah i mean, he's repeating what the rest of them think

• Locked thread