Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm really saddened about that poor 18 year old girl that had to witness all this. She is one of the singing kids from the hyper abusive family and she almost certainly had never had any control over her own life. And now what she probably thought was going to be a fun toad trip turnedown into one hell of a traumatizing event.

I'm actually kind of angry that Lavoy's stupid death wish pit her through all that. It's gonna take years for her to recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, I think it's pretty gross to make an animated GIF of a guy who died literally two days ago in order to mock him on the internet, tremendous rear end in a top hat or no, but goons gonna goon.

Another edit: And nevermind the rest of what he seems to have done with his life, Lavoy put every single person in that truck in danger when he ran the roadblock. Maybe the others were on board with it, but that includes the 18 year old girl. Any one of them could have been shot, or seriously injured in a crash. He was a complete fucker there, but I'm not a fan of SnuffGIF.

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 29, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He "ran" (drove), nearly killed a cop, had his hands in his pockets when they shot him, and by his own defenders' testimony was yelling "shoot me." The SovCits would call it murder no matter what the video showed but that seems like a good enough case for any good faith concerns anyone else had.

Plus Cliven Bundy's claim that Ammon called him and told him what happened is clearly shown to be bullshit since he had to have been like 2 miles away. And the whole "he was down on the ground" thing is clearly bullshit.

I too hate the video/gif of someone dying. Tasteless. I watched it once to see what happened, anyone watching it for fun is a ghoul.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 29, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hes in white heaven now. The best heaven by far.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

If there's one thing I've learned from these events, other than the FBI does not gently caress around even when it looks like they're loving around, it's that Cliven Bundy is somehow a vastly larger piece of poo poo than I already thought he was. Dude's fanning the flames before the body is even cold, and still calling for people to go die for his cause while sitting snug and safe at his ranch.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Can't wait for the Michael Bay movie of this.

Lavoy would have jumped the car over the blockade, jumped out in mid air, and shot four before landing on a fifth and killing him with 50 bullets from a handgun.
He would then sneer and say 'Maritime Law this!"
But then one of the four he shot groans, raises a gun and shoots him in the back like a coward, then falls dead.
Lavoy falls back looking up at the sky, and everything goes quiet, and a single bald eagle flys past while a young girl sings a sad operatic song.
Then a huge explosion takes us back as the rest who saw Lavoy die get their poo poo together and bust out of the SUV A-Team style raking the whole place with bullets all grimacing and in slo-mo.
Fade to Black.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Well, I appreciate the gif so I can better judge what was going on there, but not sure if it shouldn't have a :nms:.

The wasted edit is definitely gross. God dammit goons.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

kartikeya posted:

If there's one thing I've learned from these events, other than the FBI does not gently caress around even when it looks like they're loving around, it's that Cliven Bundy is somehow a vastly larger piece of poo poo than I already thought he was. Dude's fanning the flames before the body is even cold, and still calling for people to go die for his cause while sitting snug and safe at his ranch.

Reminder that at the final day of his standoff he spent like 45 minutes exhorting his supporters to go charge the federal position ¥while,he staued nehind)because God had told him they had to do it within the hour. When no one budged he finally lead the charge himself.

On a tractor.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4727157766001/fbi-releases-video-of-fatal-shooting-of-oregon-occupier/#sp=show-clips

More zoomed in version

Where is the gif?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

STAC Goat posted:

I too hate the video/gif of someone dying. Tasteless. I watched it once to see what happened, anyone watching it for fun is a ghoul.

outrage as real as the tyranny the Bundy's faced.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Prester Jane posted:

Reminder that at the final day of his standoff he spent like 45 minutes exhorting his supporters to go charge the federal position ¥while,he staued nehind)because God had told him they had to do it within the hour. When no one budged he finally lead the charge himself.

On a tractor.

alternate universe finicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19IhGt5HLhI

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

So what happened was the government gunned down a second, probably innocent man WHILE ALSO killing the living embodiment of freedom Lavoy Finicum in blood colder than the snowbank the feds are trying to make us believe he ran into :shepface:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

And here's KrissAnne Hall's followers explaining how this video totally backs up the scared teenager's version of events: https://www.facebook.com/krisanne.hall/#!/story.php?story_fbid=1057489944302021&id=100736243310734

Amazing how they can see so much more in this video simply because they've already been convinced of the facts. LaVoy only took off because he was shot at, he was shot/tasered from behind which made him drop his hands, he was shot in the face, shot three times after hitting the ground, then the truck was riddled with hundreds of bullets. It's all right there in the video.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you don't want your death to be gifed don't run a fbi barricade and charge an agent. That said bury me in dank memes.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Prester Jane posted:

I'm really saddened about that poor 18 year old girl that had to witness all this. She is one of the singing kids from the hyper abusive family and she almost certainly had never had any control over her own life. And now what she probably thought was going to be a fun toad trip turnedown into one hell of a traumatizing event.

I'm actually kind of angry that Lavoy's stupid death wish pit her through all that. It's gonna take years for her to recover.

As cliche as it sounds, the kids are the real victims in all this.

They've been brought up in families full of ridiculous, self-serving paranoia all their lives, likely knowing nothing but the heavily warped view of the world their parents restrict them to. They spend the last few weeks locked up with paranoid loons doing everything they could to make it seem like their lives were in real danger, not to mention the idea that the "responsible" "adults" wanted them in the front to get shot for PR, and are now front and center to the clown show that will be mommy and daddy's coming trials where they will get to see reality for the first time in one of the harshest ways. That's not even getting into the fact that real abuse has happened in the past and the parental kidnappings. Assuming they can shake off the poisoned worldviews they've been forced to grow up in, they'll see the aftermath of all this and live with the stigma of their parents many crimes for years to come.

I'm sure you know better than anyone that these kids will be facing far more struggles than anyone.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

how is zulu time formed

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

What I'd really like to know is why KrisAnne Hall isn't representing these patriots pro bono. She's the only person in America who understands the true meaning of the Constitution, after all.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Our founding fathers fought a goddamned war against England and now our government is using British time. SMDH

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

As a Millennial I posted:

What I'd really like to know is why KrisAnne Hall isn't representing these patriots pro bono. She's the only person in America who understands the true meaning of the Constitution, after all.

Is there any evidence she's still licensed to practice law?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

Is there any evidence she's still licensed to practice law?

There's nothing in the Constitution about law licenses.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Geostomp posted:

As cliche as it sounds, the kids are the real victims in all this.

They've been brought up in families full of ridiculous, self-serving paranoia all their lives, likely knowing nothing but the heavily warped view of the world their parents restrict them to. They spend the last few weeks locked up with paranoid loons doing everything they could to make it seem like their lives were in real danger, not to mention the idea that the "responsible" "adults" wanted them in the front to get shot for PR, and are now front and center to the clown show that will be mommy and daddy's coming trials where they will get to see reality for the first time in one of the harshest ways. That's not even getting into the fact that real abuse has happened in the past and the parental kidnappings. Assuming they can shake off the poisoned worldviews they've been forced to grow up in, they'll see the aftermath of all this and live with the stigma of their parents many crimes for years to come.

I'm sure you know better than anyone that these kids will be facing far more struggles than anyone.

If I had a magic wand or a million dollars I would whisk those children away to a nice, calm, loving home. A safe place where they would have as many years and as much mental health help as they could ever need to get their lives back on track.

The healing journey those children face..... I just can't even think about it too much. It's too painful. I hope that soneway, somehow, those children find peace in life.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

STAC Goat posted:

He "ran" (drove), nearly killed a cop, had his hands in his pockets when they shot him, and by his own defenders' testimony was yelling "shoot me." The SovCits would call it murder no matter what the video showed but that seems like a good enough case for any good faith concerns anyone else had.

Plus Cliven Bundy's claim that Ammon called him and told him what happened is clearly shown to be bullshit since he had to have been like 2 miles away. And the whole "he was down on the ground" thing is clearly bullshit.

Ahem. HE was traveling, NOT driving.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

My thinking is that the ambush was set for a certain area and with Finicum taking off like he did, he actually postioned the vehicle in a way other than what law enforcement had planned. Even in this interview with Victoria Sharp, she stated that the assailants had a bad angle. Look at the car buried by a few feet of snow. It's a good possibility that all of the occupants of the car would be dead with no witnesses other than the jeep a few hundred yards back if he wouldn't had driven off like he did. It could have been said that a gun fight ensued and all of the cars occupants died in it. Then, no witnesses. This is murder, pure and simple. If not for Finicum's actions, the others would be dead also. If he was reaching for a gun, it's probable he would be shot. But by riddling the car with bullets, it sounds like the Feds were trying to take them all out.
i'm dying

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

kartikeya posted:

Yeah, I think it's pretty gross to make an animated GIF of a guy who died literally two days ago in order to mock him on the internet, tremendous rear end in a top hat or no, but goons gonna goon.

Bast Relief posted:

The wasted edit is definitely gross. God dammit goons.
It's probably a good thing you guys weren't on SA for 9/11.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I posted a gif on SA / Just to watch a man die

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

g0del posted:

Iliketowatch2.avi

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Knight posted:

i'm dying

The spin they're putting on it is incredible. "LaVoy only tried to run a roadblock and draw a gun on the FBI because he saw through their cowardly plan to murder everyone and sacrificed himself!"

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Tarpman died for the sins of our deliverer from FEDERAL TYRANNY Ammon Bundy, P.B.U.H.

To not revere his sacrifice with sick mlg pro sniper airhorn edits is an affront to the LORD.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I wonder if the child exploitation will come out now that SovCits are trying to push LaVoy as their martyr? Or will it be spun as him "sheltering youths out of the goodness of his heart" or something like that?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hakimashou posted:

rektsekuted

Oh my god how can you post this here? There's so much gore

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Grem posted:

Um, name one better?

The USPIS do not gently caress around

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

g0del posted:

Why? Would it make a liberal's head asplode? Since being on here I've seen plenty of goony goon goon behavior to make up for it. I just keep coming back for the sweet links to stuff I'm too lazy/incapable of finding myself. Putting up with the nerds viewing every loving thing through a video game lens ever since I spent those 10 bucks.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Bast Relief posted:

Why? Would it make a liberal's head asplode? Since being on here I've seen plenty of goony goon goon behavior to make up for it. I just keep coming back for the sweet links to stuff I'm too lazy/incapable of finding myself. Putting up with the nerds viewing every loving thing through a video game lens ever since I spent those 10 bucks.

I miss the counter-strike "Terrorists Win" imgs over the twin towers.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Bast Relief posted:

Tribute.avi was made like 3 hours after the towers fell. These are your posting peers.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I don't know why, but I'm really impressed with how clean the video quality is. I'm used to really grainy police chase videos from the 90's I guess.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I don't know why, but I'm really impressed with how clean the video quality is. I'm used to really grainy police chase videos from the 90's I guess.

Drones are a hell of a video platform.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
The only bad thing about the gif edits is that there aren't more of them

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
This is a humor website first, liberal cesspool second