Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Not-Aragorn is kind of a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Well, the Clexa reunion went pretty well, all things considered! Clarke did not actually disembowel Lexa (only because she couldn't, but still). Things could have gone worse! There is hope for their future! :downs:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Was that tower supposed to be recognizable?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Was that tower supposed to be recognizable?

I think it's just supposed to look cool, though it is in the S3 promo poster I think.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Im gonna be straight, Jasper is acting like a little bitch.

:agreed:

Abby finally ordering everyone into Mt Weather :swoon: or at least to make use of the supplies it has inside idk.

I hope that Clarke gets the chance to gently caress Lexa over this season. Betrayal will not be forgiven :black101:

I am sad that the joint adventures of the Murphster and Jaha have come to an end. City of Light is some crazy AI resurrection matrix and I love it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Suddenly I fear for an "I crossed Ghengis Clarke" with Charles Vane's head on a spike in the future :ohdear: Then again if I were Lexa I might be a bit afraid of who I just pissed off.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I was oddly worried that the show would have to keep creating wacky super science antagonists until they got stale, but the fact that there's still Grounders to fight and new Ark people that have just been off doing their own thing all of last season is immensely promising. I totally forgot that they hadn't run into other Ark survivors yet.

I'm loving ready for all of this chaos.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pike is going to ruin everything with his hateful grounder ways. Clarke is going to have to come back and kill him Finn style :ese:

Or maybe he can focus his hate towards ice nation instead of trikru

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Clarke and Lexa are gonna have some bombass makeup sex

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Troposphere posted:

Clarke and Lexa are gonna have some bombass makeup sex

Probably. It's also pretty clear that Bellamy has some pretty strong feelings for ol' Murderpants.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Rhyno posted:

Probably. It's also pretty clear that Bellamy has some pretty strong feelings for ol' Murderpants.

who even cares about that boring poo poo

besides the crazy people sending Lexa's actress death threats on Twitter that is

the show runner has said multiple times he isn't going with Bellamy/Clarke and that people should just read the books if they want that but recently he said not to give up hope, probably to stop the previously mentioned crazy people from sending more death threats. but I hope he doesn't go that direction that would be mega lame

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death threats?

Oh CW you created this mess.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Rocksicles posted:

Death threats?

Oh CW you created this mess.

shippers are crazy people and the bellarke vs clexa war rages on

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Troposphere posted:

shippers are crazy people and the bellarke vs clexa war rages on

Shippers need to emotionally prepare themselves for the inevitable prince/Clarke marriage of convenience to unite the tribes

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That skyscraper can't be safe.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Lycus posted:

It's more the angry Charles Vane and Genghis Clarke locked up then structural integrity that's the issue here.

Also, did Farming Station crew not have any guns when they landed ? They seem to have adapted well as machete wielding marauders but still they seem to have gotten a bad deal there.

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 29, 2016

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Lycus posted:

I'm just wondering who'll get thrown off the top of it.

CeeJee posted:

It's more the angry Charles Vane and Genghis Clarke locked up then structural integrity that's the issue here.

Also, did Farming Station crew not have any guns when they landed ? They seem to have adapted well as machete wielding marauders but still they seem to have gotten a bad deal there.

Were there any guns on the station? I thought the main group of Sky People got their guns from Mount Weather and the armory bunker on the way there. The Farming Station probably didn't land anywhere near anything like that.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

A good poster posted:

Were there any guns on the station? I thought the main group of Sky People got their guns from Mount Weather and the armory bunker on the way there. The Farming Station probably didn't land anywhere near anything like that.

The Arkers have those futuristic looking RONI pistol-carbines which I think they brought down with them. With so many space stations in orbit also armed with nuclear missiles I guess the nations' militaries had a presence in space too.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Did I miss the scene where Clarke washed the jaguar blood out of her hair? When did she become blonde again?

Also, if Jaha and AI lady weren't so goddamn creepy they'd probably have an easier time converting people. "Dude! Murphy! You gotta check this place out, it's just VR titties in your face non-stop!" "Jaha, stop. You had me at VR"

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

Did I miss the scene where Clarke washed the jaguar blood out of her hair? When did she become blonde again?

When she was tussling in the stream with vane

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

nerdman42 posted:

I was oddly worried that the show would have to keep creating wacky super science antagonists until they got stale, but the fact that there's still Grounders to fight and new Ark people that have just been off doing their own thing all of last season is immensely promising. I totally forgot that they hadn't run into other Ark survivors yet.

I'm loving ready for all of this chaos.

Did you miss that Jaha is creating a cyber-zombie army?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Suddenly I fear for an "I crossed Ghengis Clarke" with Charles Vane's head on a spike in the future :ohdear:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Small thing, but kinda irks me how the grounders stopped putting poison on their blades/arrows, and stopped using biological warfare. Like, you'd think the Arkers would be super loving hesitant about bringing Lincoln's wounded pal in after The Murphy Problem.

Sad to see Lexa again, she still has zero screen presence. Wish Indra was the Commander. Also Clarke's actress did a great job right up until the screaming as she was dragged out? Did that not sound super forced and bad to anyone else? The ugly spit and the "you want the queen of death?!" part was all good, but yeah. And the skyscraper that somehow no one has noticed...

Still hate the Jaha plotline and everyone in it.

But negatives aside: Monty's mum and Pike are Interesting. The Mt Weather drama seems promising. Clarke's constant attempts to escape Charles Vane were badass. And Bellamy and Kane are still Good. (Though shooting the Bounty Hunter guy seemed weirdly extreme. Maybe it was intentionally a questionable thing to do, but it seemed like the writers just didn't think about it and needed an easy end to that scene.)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Small thing, but kinda irks me how the grounders stopped putting poison on their blades/arrows, and stopped using biological warfare. Like, you'd think the Arkers would be super loving hesitant about bringing Lincoln's wounded pal in after The Murphy Problem.

Wasn't the sickness Murphy got just some common cold thing? You'd assume everyone be immune at this point.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I lie lexa's actress, I think she does the whole emotionless regal ruler thing very well. I like how unassuming she is and how you can see glimmers of feelings under the surface that she pushes down because she has to. she's almost alien. I think it works well but I can see how people might not like it.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Lexa says the Ice People are marching on "Polis". In keeping with the way things are named in this show, maybe that is Minneapolis? I guess that could mean the Ice People are Canadians? If we really run with that, we have a lumber store called Rona, which doesn't take a lot to re-arrange to Roan.

VagueRant posted:

But negatives aside: Monty's mum and Pike are Interesting. The Mt Weather drama seems promising. Clarke's constant attempts to escape Charles Vane were badass. And Bellamy and Kane are still Good. (Though shooting the Bounty Hunter guy seemed weirdly extreme. Maybe it was intentionally a questionable thing to do, but it seemed like the writers just didn't think about it and needed an easy end to that scene.)

I saw it as an eye-for-and-eye thing. He couldn't stab Clarke where she stabbed him, but he sure could stab this guy up just showed up who she obviously cared about.

Antifreeze Head fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 29, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Troposphere posted:

who even cares about that boring poo poo

besides the crazy people sending Lexa's actress death threats on Twitter that is

the show runner has said multiple times he isn't going with Bellamy/Clarke and that people should just read the books if they want that

Are the books any good / spoil anything from the show?

Antifreeze Head posted:

Lexa says the Ice People are marching on "Polis". In keeping with the way things are named in this show, maybe that is Minneapolis? I guess that could mean the Ice People are Canadians? If we really run with that, we have a lumber store called Rona, which doesn't take a lot to re-arrange to Roan.

They are in the DC area, so unless world geography was immensely distorted in the 100 years since the bombs fell, they're probably more likely talking about Annapolis.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Well somehow a massive mountain range popped up in the area.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought the show and the books have pretty much nothing to do with each other outside of starting point since they started on the show before the first book was ever published?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Good God I love this show.

gently caress Clexa though I'm shipping ClarkexTrader Girl.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Xoidanor posted:

Did you miss that Jaha is creating a cyber-zombie army?

I was mostly worried that they'd have to keep creating poo poo like that, which is awesome, but could get kind of repetitive. Keeping the old threats relevant throughout is exactly what I want with the new threats.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

I thought the show and the books have pretty much nothing to do with each other outside of starting point since they started on the show before the first book was ever published?

yeah I'm not sure I was gonna read them but then I found out Clarke kisses zero girls so screw that

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

VagueRant posted:

I just figured that the poisoned arrows/blades were more for when you knew you were about to get in a fight. Even if you have the antidote, you probably don't want poisoned arrows and blades just hanging around yourself. Plus, a lot of poisons degrade when exposed to open air, so if you just left it on there it would be wasted unless you used it fairly soon.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

seaborgium posted:

I just figured that the poisoned arrows/blades were more for when you knew you were about to get in a fight. Even if you have the antidote, you probably don't want poisoned arrows and blades just hanging around yourself. Plus, a lot of poisons degrade when exposed to open air, so if you just left it on there it would be wasted unless you used it fairly soon.
That sounds logical. I dunno, I just like the texture it gave the world that grounders would regularly do that, to the point where Lincoln carried a selection of antidotes on him. Adds a little extra threat and a little extra general concern. Like when Clarke stabbed Charles Vane, or when he stabbed Bellamy.

Antifreeze Head posted:

I saw it as an eye-for-and-eye thing. He couldn't stab Clarke where she stabbed him, but he sure could stab this guy up just showed up who she obviously cared about.
Oh, I didn't mean Charles Vane/Roan/GuyFromShameless. Him stabbing Bellamy was super logical.

I meant the unnamed bounty hunter who was beating up Clarke's merchant lover lady and threatening to cut off her hand. And the Skykru guys just come in and straight up murder him. He wasn't a good guy, but he hadn't actually killed anyone yet, and wasn't about to murder this woman and they didn't even give him a warning or anything. Dialogue made it clear they missed the beginning of that conversation so how do they know he wasn't in the right? It just felt oddly throwaway for a show that sometimes tries to ascribe value to lives and weight to deaths.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Antifreeze Head posted:

This is now my head canon. Ice nation, eh? :canada:

or if they were just a regular modern day army because no one bothered to nuke Canada.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Canadians are far too nice to be Ice Nation. It's definitely folks from NYC/Jersey.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'd say the Ice Nation stuff can't be too far. Mount Weather and Tondc are like 50 miles apart and the Ark stuff is kind of in the middle of that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I'd say the Ice Nation stuff can't be too far. Mount Weather and Tondc are like 50 miles apart and the Ark stuff is kind of in the middle of that.

The wiki says the ice nation stretches for thousands of miles and the actual "ice" portions of it are way north, so they're probably evil canadians whose southern borders happen to be fairly nearby

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Did they say if Pike was a member of Ark guard? I assumed that was why Kane knew him but I can't remember exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

nerdman42 posted:

Did they say if Pike was a member of Ark guard? I assumed that was why Kane knew him but I can't remember exactly.

They said he was a teacher. Clarke and Bellamy were two of his students.

• Locked thread