Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Libluini posted:

Wow, zero progress? This must be some kind of record.

I don't know if you'll believe me or not, but this is made up for in the next session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't know if you'll believe me or not, but this is made up for in the next session.

....HOW?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

In pain and suffering.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQ4ocTSkcg

This is how. :getin:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

I can't wait! :allears:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

When I was trying to make the Covenant screenshot, I saw some odd things in Google Image Search. Glad to see when you made that up that I'm not the only one to become equal parts confused and disturbed.

At least I'm sure you were disturbed, of course if you weren't this is a judgement free zone.

Unless you like Bubsy 3D, then I'm pretty sure no one would blame us for mercy killing you.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oh, man! i'm glad all that terrible bubsy fan at and cosplay i dug up didn't go to waste! now you may all share in our suffering.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

gently caress yes, we're gonna shotgun the entire loving woooooooorrrrrrllllllddddd! Shotgun characters are the best characters in this game, you trade range and ammo capacity for being able to one hit kill almost anything and you have pretty fast melee kills when it comes down to it. You can also blow doors off their hinges which is a weird thing I don't end up showing off because it's only really useful like twice in the entire game and it wastes a shot that could have gone into a criminal and sent him flying into his friends. Once we get the next shotgun character things are going to go quick because he is among the fastest characters in the game and it turns the whole thing into a slide fest and I can't wait.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Alright. I just recorded an LP of Robot Wants Kitty, and I'll have a link for it once I actually get the video uploaded. Feel free to critique and give advice so I can actually put out decent crap later. I will be doing the rest of the Robot Wants series for this thread, and probably won't put much effort into improving things for these videos at least, unless there's something glaringly awful. In a related note, I'm an idiot who forgot to record the game audio and can't be arsed to redo it, so some of the things I say in the video will make little to no sense.

EDIT:Well this is awful, but here you go.:suicide:
The next video should be done in a week or so, and should hopefully be a bit less poo poo than this one.

LogicalFallacy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 24, 2016

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

LogicalFallacy posted:

Alright. I just recorded an LP of Robot Wants Kitty, and I'll have a link for it once I actually get the video uploaded. Feel free to critique and give advice so I can actually put out decent crap later. I will be doing the rest of the Robot Wants series for this thread, and probably won't put much effort into improving things for these videos at least, unless there's something glaringly awful. In a related note, I'm an idiot who forgot to record the game audio and can't be arsed to redo it, so some of the things I say in the video will make little to no sense.

EDIT:Well this is awful, but here you go.:suicide:
The next video should be done in a week or so, and should hopefully be a bit less poo poo than this one.

I was thinking of recording a playthrough of K.O.L.M., which is somewhat similar, for this thread. But I found out that I'm almost completely impossible to understand using my built-in mic and I don't have an actual mic lying around so gently caress it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
KOLM is a fun little game.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Carbon dioxide posted:

I was thinking of recording a playthrough of K.O.L.M., which is somewhat similar, for this thread. But I found out that I'm almost completely impossible to understand using my built-in mic and I don't have an actual mic lying around so gently caress it.

I'm actually mildly impressed by how decent I sound in this video, besides the random throat clearing. I'm using the mic on my Logitech G340 headset to record my commentary, and I have to speak up quite a bit, but it's definitely better than I expected it to be.

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
So erm, I have done a real (literally) quick let's play of one of the very first star wars game on PC (well, the very first that I own anyway), I don't know why or how this was done but here it is for the general public's amusement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXdQLgpIQo

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Hey, folks. Don't plan on making a habit of this, but I thought I'd share the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night stream my brother and I have just started on our channel. Kinda rare we play a fairly popular game that hasn't been covered in awhile (unlike all the Dark Souls threads going on right now :v: ). It's a Luck/Thief Mode run and also doing everything I can think of the chat reminds me of in the game. Been a lot of fun for me and I hope y'all like it too. :) Planning on updating once a day or every two, since we stream it once a week and you can get about 4 40/45 minute episodes out of that. I can cut them shorter too if you'd prefer that.

Up All Night to Get Lucky, Let's Stream Symphony of the Night 01

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Good news, guys! Some poor bastard made a TAS of Bubsy 3D (submission thread on TASVideos), so you don't have to play it, right? Right? :ohdear:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Good news, guys! Some poor bastard made a TAS of Bubsy 3D (submission thread on TASVideos), so you don't have to play it, right? Right? :ohdear:

Yes he does

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
At the rate we're going, I'm not even entirely sure he will finish Bubsy I, Bubsy 3D may just shatter his poor, abused mind if he ever gets to it.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

No, he still has to play it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
t('-'t)

(there will probably be more bubsy tomorrow)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CJacobs posted:

t('-'t)

(there will probably be more bubsy tomorrow)

Good. :colbert:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

And already we have the second best character in the game, but first we have to loving wade through using Jesus. The other title I had for this episode was "It's Pronounced Hey-Zeus" but the guy was made to look like Jesus from the Big Lebowski and so we're running with it. Consequently, you should not gently caress with the Jesus in either the Big Lebowski or in this game because SMG characters are terrible. Pistol characters are pretty middle of the road: they do decent damage, have a decent magazine size and are pretty moderate in terms of speed. Jesus, the first SMG character shows up with a ton of ammo, lovely damage and is slow as an old lady in a school zone. Every time I use him all I can think is STEP motherfucker. As you'll see in the video his slow speed and lovely slide length means he kills any hopes of completing missions at a decent pace. Worst, I think some objectives like "Get to X in Y seconds" are straight impossible with him. That's where Mike comes in.

Mike is a goddamn destructive hurricane if you know what you are doing and get a couple lucky breaks you can just glide through levels without taking any damage. The limited magazine size on display with our other shotgun guy, Cletus, is more pronounced with Mike, he only has two rounds before he needs to reload. However, Mike does impossibly fast executions without using ammo and moves stupid fast, so once you use a round to knock someone backwards, you can just slide up to his buddies that he bowled into and get a couple free stab kills. He's one of those characters that will either click with you off the bat or you'll never be able to use, there's really no middle ground. Mike is totally the best shotgun character in the game and I'm going to let him carry this LP for a bit.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I am sorry for the following reasons:

1 - For posting in this thread and perpetuating the illusion that CJacobs uploaded another serving of pain
2 - For taking so long to update after actually recording it like 2 weeks ago
3 - For updating period
4 - For being incorrect about the audio issue in the first one. There was audio, just obscenely quiet.
5 - For being unable to make it much better in this one.
6 - For somehow not being a complete idiot and failing harder on the final boss. I'm as confused as you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLhQwvXItI

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo, thanks for reminding me I stopped my own LP of Mega Man X2 just short of killing the last reploid robot master, now I feel obligated to record more stuff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i053o4l8DCw

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Those egg jokes deserve a standing oovation.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

Those egg jokes deserve a standing oovation.
A standing ovulation? :haw:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGhk4aDK0JE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We should have a Bubsy fanart contest, is what you're saying.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shinjobi posted:

We should have a Bubsy fanart contest, is what you're saying.

heck yes

alright, team, let's do it. let's have a Bubsy art contest. MSPaint or Photoshop or whatever your best Bubsy. best Bubsy will get a new avatar (thanks, nine-gear crow :v:)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"This is my last life--*dies*" completely broke me

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And within 10 minutes of that ending, we watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

nine-gear crow posted:

And within 10 minutes of that ending, we watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

I made it to 1 minute.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Fat and Useless posted:

I made it to 1 minute.

2 minutes 13 seconds

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i've seen it multiple times

:shepicide:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

So you guys are going to do a rifftrax of this at the end of Bubsy right?

Blind Sally posted:

i've seen it multiple times

:shepicide:

I admit watching it multiple times too, its so.. entertainingly bad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Honour the fallen. Remember their sacrifice. Never fur-get.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

fixed

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I was dead inside long before Busby ever got to me, thank you very much. :colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That pilot was gutter trash, holy crap. I feel for everyone involved in making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

What could PAWSIBLY go wrong?