Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Gahaha. If you spec right you can literally drop like a dozen heart stab/lightning crashes as an assassin per stealth. And you can pretty much spam stealth forever.

All people get to see is a weeaboo blur before my assassin cloaks behind them and just unleashes a loving thunderstorm's worth of lightning powered kung fu punches. This is great.

I'm doing like 4k-6k damage every few seconds at level 20. The people I was in an instance with earlier didn't know what the gently caress was going on. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Gearhead posted:

The Blackram, in a funny way, seem to be some of the most honest and straightforward people IN this game.

Which is drat strange.

they're pirates. it's what they do. they used to be the stratus navy, and then highland central happened so now they're pirates. Gwon ends up helping you in act 4 because he owes you a debt and namsoyoo is a traitorous slut. poh and hae mujin respect you for being stronk enough to fight them. as is common in wuxia, everyone save a tiny few all have their own nuances and are not good nor evil. gently caress yonkai though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is FM just LB RB 1 all day every day right on up to 45 or do they get any particular nuance? I'm at 16 now and wondering when it opens up

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

Is FM just LB RB 1 all day every day right on up to 45 or do they get any particular nuance? I'm at 16 now and wondering when it opens up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2RovRFQilk&t=75s

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

That'll do, thanks :v: drat does that person love bunny hopping, though. Drives me to distraction.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The outfit bothers me.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Ciaphas posted:

Once you can put points into your skills at 17.

I like Ice Tank Wizard. Get Ice Rain, kill things before you even begin fighting.

That might sound odd, but really, that's how it works. Combat doesn't start until something is hit - you or the enemy. Ice Rain is a delayed hit after cast. I hardly touched RMB or LMB between 20 and 38.

It's been a little bit since I played the character, but these are the skills at 38:
Ice Rain (Dragonchar: Tier 3 Stage 4) - this is the kill poo poo before combat skill, you don't need Tier 3 until Cold Snap.
Dragonwhorl (Tier 4 Stage 1) - Healing, Focus, CC, Defense, what more could you want?
Frost Fury (Tier 3 Stage 3) - Healing, Focus, you get to use when you crit - you should do so.
Cold Snap (Ice Coil: Tier 3 Stage 3) - note Ice Rain's interaction with this skill

Flow of combat is pretty much walk up to some poor gently caress, spam Ice Rain, drop Cold Snap if it's beefier. Dragonwhorl when it's up, same with Frost Fury.

That's it. Well, okay, I randomly put points into other skills but honestly don't need them...
Frost Sheath (Tier 3 Stage 2) - protect yourself from a hit basically
Snowball (Tier 4 Stage 1) - strong single hit after freezing poo poo with Dragonwhorl
Frost Palm (Tier 4 Stage 1) - On the off chance you haven't murdered everything yet... RMB hits hard at this tier
Probably could get use out of Impact with Tier 3 Stage 1, I just haven't used it.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 29, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So did everyone switch to blue on Mushin? What's the new guild called?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

fadam posted:

So did everyone switch to blue on Mushin? What's the new guild called?

Yea, the last couple pages I think had two different Mushin blue guilds getting set up, so which one did we settle on?

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Welp, queue is back, and apparently they finally added a idle kick.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005
I'm gonna move over to Mushin, is there still room in the guild? My guy's name is Keekum

edit: Whelp, blue is full. Guess I wont be joining soon

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

funkmeister posted:

Welp, queue is back, and apparently they finally added a idle kick.

You can get around this by putting something heavy on one of your attack buttons. For summoner it's "2". GG

E: Is there any way to travel between the big mega-zones that doesn't involve a big dumb fee?

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 29, 2016

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Kikilupo posted:

I'm gonna move over to Mushin, is there still room in the guild? My guy's name is Keekum

edit: Whelp, blue is full. Guess I wont be joining soon

Keep trying. Never takes more than a couple minutes to get in.

Kikilupo
Apr 3, 2005

Everyman posted:

Keep trying. Never takes more than a couple minutes to get in.

Yeah, tried it a 2nd time and got in. Realized that gold spammers were probably taking up space and they were getting kicked.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

HapiMerchant posted:

they're pirates. it's what they do. they used to be the stratus navy, and then highland central happened so now they're pirates. Gwon ends up helping you in act 4 because he owes you a debt and namsoyoo is a traitorous slut. poh and hae mujin respect you for being stronk enough to fight them. as is common in wuxia, everyone save a tiny few all have their own nuances and are not good nor evil. gently caress yonkai though.

Wrestledad is best Granpa.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Made a mushin KFM so I have a character on every goon server, so I'll bug someone for an invite sometime. Name's Kung Fetish.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've been trying to get to platinum in the arena but getting my butt kicked to the moon by destroyers and blade dancers. Got to 1751 and started falling so I'm still a long way off but I want to get there eventually! Is there any goons good at PvP that would like to spar with me, preferably destroyers or blade dancers so I can learn how to do better? Or anyone has any tips to fight them as a summoner.

Add me at Velveteen in game and just ask me for a spar. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad I'll be willing to spar if I'm not busy with dailies.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Does anyone have a good source for end game soul shields?

I keep finding conflicting or wrong information.

I farmed the Moonwater Arena set from faction insignias, but I don't really care about open world PvP in this game, so I kind of want whatever's best for PvE.

Should I just get a full Blackram Supply set, or fuse some of that onto my Moonwater set, or I think I read Dokumo's crit is even better on certain pieces?

I'm a destroyer by the way

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

weinus posted:

Does anyone have a good source for end game soul shields?

I keep finding conflicting or wrong information.

I farmed the Moonwater Arena set from faction insignias, but I don't really care about open world PvP in this game, so I kind of want whatever's best for PvE.

Should I just get a full Blackram Supply set, or fuse some of that onto my Moonwater set, or I think I read Dokumo's crit is even better on certain pieces?

I'm a destroyer by the way

You're going to need the Blackram Supply set anyway otherwise the Venomous Thrasher is going to wreck your day.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Gearhead posted:

You're going to need the Blackram Supply set anyway otherwise the Venomous Thrasher is going to wreck your day.

What is that thing anyway? I've done E Supply dailies and 6-man and haven't fought it yet. Is it only for 4-man?

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

The game crashes everytime I try to watch the opening cinematic. I ended up skipping it and I didn't run into any problems and I could watch the end movie at the tutorial just fine... And then the game crashed again for the next opening cinematic. :(

I've tried to re-install the client and various other workarounds people have suggested when I google it, but it doesn't seem to have solved anything other than instead of immediately crashing, it just takes ten more seconds to do so.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
What's the most minimalistic weapon skin for KFM? I keep finding ones that look like they might be relatively okay but then they're huge and gaudy on the actual model.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

If you're not using the Deva Gauntlets then what are you even doing?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

What are the restrictions on weapon glamor? I bought a cool looking simple sword to cover my ridiculous fantasy thing but it says I can't use it.

Also I actually like the starter sword better than the Hongmoon or the look it has now, but it can't use that one either.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Clairetic posted:

What's the most minimalistic weapon skin for KFM? I keep finding ones that look like they might be relatively okay but then they're huge and gaudy on the actual model.

I don't know what the most minimalist is but the... plague? ones from that first roulette basically look like (very red) gauntlets so I've been using those for a while.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Gearhead posted:

I'm trying to figure out if Poharan is a Jin or an EXTREMELY small Gon.

Because her grandfather is like ten feet tall.

She can't be a Gon, because her outfit on wardrobe preview makes both Jin and Yun just as flat if not flatter than a Lyn regardless of your chest size settings while Gon alone has something.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I want to see what weapons look like without having to unseal them.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Catsworth posted:

What are the restrictions on weapon glamor? I bought a cool looking simple sword to cover my ridiculous fantasy thing but it says I can't use it.

Also I actually like the starter sword better than the Hongmoon or the look it has now, but it can't use that one either.

No restrictions as far as I can tell. You can even use stuff that is too high of a level for you to actually equip just fine.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I want to see what weapons look like without having to unseal them.

It's suboptimal compared to just being able to do it in-game but http://bns-fashion.com/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I know you all care deeply, so I'm informing you I have downgraded "Summoner" down to 4th on my donkey fucker list, and Assassin, Destroyer, and Blade Dancer all move up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Catsworth posted:

What's the simple sword you bought? I would also like to cover my ridiculous fantasy thing, and maybe I could help you figure out why it isn't working?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Klades posted:

It's suboptimal compared to just being able to do it in-game but http://bns-fashion.com/

It's very incomplete, and missing a lot (most?) of weapon skins, at least for certain weapons like Staff.

Clarste posted:

What's the simple sword you bought? I would also like to cover my ridiculous fantasy thing, and maybe I could help you figure out why it isn't working?

It seems some (or maybe all) of the weapons you can buy off of weapon merchants are unable to be used. It even says right in the tooltip.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

weinus posted:

What is that thing anyway? I've done E Supply dailies and 6-man and haven't fought it yet. Is it only for 4-man?

Venomous Thrasher is the first boss of Bloodshade/Nightshade Harbor, the upcoming 6/24 man dungeon for the Feb 10 patch, in which we have to fight Poharan's grandfather in a giant wrestling ring at the end while Admiralmania runs wild all over us.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Your Computer posted:

It seems some (or maybe all) of the weapons you can buy off of weapon merchants are unable to be used. It even says right in the tooltip.

Don't most of those have sealed versions that drop in the wild?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 29, 2016

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Servers apparently going down again in ~2.5 hours. this time the down time is supposed to be 5.5 hours....

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Just for maintenance this time too, so in theory nothing interesting being updated.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You know what really pisses me off? Warlocks aren't even out yet but I'm still wasting keys getting their razors instead of the upgrades I need.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Why do warlocks use razors anyway? What do they do with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Clarste posted:

Why do warlocks use razors anyway? What do they do with them?

They cut themselves to channel the darkness within themselves and use it on the enemy.

• Locked thread