Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

kharaa posted:

poo poo what am I saying, it's kanji

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.unseen64.net/saintsrowundercover/

The cancelled Saints Row Undercover is available for download in ISO format. The control scheme is awful. If it had Vita controls it may have performed better.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Wish I didn't have work today, would've been interesting to watch it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

InfinityComplex posted:

Wish I didn't have work today, would've been interesting to watch it.

It wasn't a stream or anything, you can download and play it on an emulator yourself.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Vita is still hosed up. :waycool: Now it's draining battery life while in standby. I timed it at around 6 to 7 hours from a full charge instead of days. Vita PS Store is still inaccessible. I'm not the only one.

Someone complained about how barebones Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force was. Well, more stuff is going to be added to it:

quote:

Looks like Bandai Namco hit the panic button and is trying to make things right. Today they released Free Update Ver.1.02, which adds a special mission to the game, as well as Free Battle Ver1.00, something that was sorely lacking in the original release.

-----

The update adds a VS. Extend option to the main menu, which when you select leads to a Free Battle option. There, you can select from any of the units and do 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 battles on any stage with whatever music you want. You can adjust the time limit, damage level, and all the sorts of stuff you’d expect from a Free Battle mode.

Bandai Namco also announced that in the next free update, Ver.1.03, they’ll be adding six new playable suits to the game:

* Mac Knife from G-Reco
* Gundam Physalis from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083
* Master Gundam from G Gundam
* Turn X from Turn A Gundam
* Strike Freedom Gundam from Gundam Seed Destiny
* Double 0 Gundam from Gundam 00

In addition, the update will add a Custom option to key configuration that’ll allow folks to customize their controls in both Extreme Force and Extend modes.

Course Battle mode will also be added to the game, allowing players to choose a course based on difficulty and play through a series of battles against the CPU.

Free Battle will be updated to Ver1.01, which will add a VS menu to the moment before battle starts.

Finally, Extreme Force mode will be updated to allow you to go back to completed missions and use whatever mobile suits you’d like.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aw gently caress, the Mack Knife is the one mobile suit that might get me to buy that lovely game.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I kind of hope those additions help. You'd think that the first (non dynasty warriors) game to be released in English would try to put it's best foot forward. It's a game I've been looking forward to but the lackluster responses to it have been disheartening.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus:

I noticed a bit of a slowdown during boss battles and I feel like there's some choppy scenes once I got a full party members all interacting but otherwise OK. I can only dress up Escha & Logy but all the hats/free outfits are nice and show up in battles. Crafting system is still fun and entertaining.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yechezkel posted:

Vita is still hosed up. :waycool: Now it's draining battery life while in standby. I timed it at around 6 to 7 hours from a full charge instead of days. Vita PS Store is still inaccessible. I'm not the only one.

Someone complained about how barebones Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force was. Well, more stuff is going to be added to it:

It's a good start to bringing it up to snuff but they're going to rue not having online multiplayer in this.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Update on broken Vita: reinstalling system software through safe mode (Power + R + PS button after shutdown) got me access to the Vita store, sometimes throwing error NP-8082-8. Too early to see if battery problems go away as well or not.

update2: And the store is back to being stuck on the waiting screen. :suicide:

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 29, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My battery life is hosed, too. I went from standby for many days, never tested, to less than half a day. I haven't even played a game since the patch because the two times I grabbed it to play, the battery had died. So then I started testing and am getting pretty much the same results as you.

Stupid firmware patch. Also, it looks like this has happened with other people with previous patches.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'd been locked out of the store but finally got into it tonight, though once in nothing would load. Went to the download list, it loaded, backed out, and the store was working again. Access persisted after two power cycles. I realize it's an anecdote, but it may not require a firmware fix. I haven't had power issues, though.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So are there any downsides to getting a Playstation TV over a Vita? Like do the games looked stretched out or low resolution when put on a TV? Do new Playstation TVs come with a memory card?

I want a system to play Falcom games and Persona 4: Golden on.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

punk rebel ecks posted:

So are there any downsides to getting a Playstation TV over a Vita? Like do the games looked stretched out or low resolution when put on a TV? Do new Playstation TVs come with a memory card?

I want a system to play Falcom games and Persona 4: Golden on.

Yes
Yes
No

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Are there any downsides getting a Playstation TV over a Playstation Vita besides "not portable"?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Are there any downsides getting a Playstation TV over a Playstation Vita besides "not portable"?

Some games don't work on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not all games work on the PSTV and ones with lots of touch controls are unplayable unless you have a DS4 and finicky even if you do.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it'll play falcom games and persona fine though!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What about Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Will that work with Playstation TV? ? Is it even a good port?

Also the only game I want digitally is Ys VII. How big of a memory card will I need to fit that and all the updates and possibly one extra game (you never know)?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm glad to hear that Bamco is making more of an effort to redeem Extreme VS Force. Normally they would simply let the game rot instead!

Stranger of Sword City delayed to April
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/stranger-sword-city-ps-vita-delayed-april

New trailer for Gundam Breaker 3
https://youtu.be/X8X8NK0DOLc

Weird shooter thing called We Are Doomed
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/01/28/we-are-doomed-launches-february-9th-on-ps-vita/

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

What about Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Will that work with Playstation TV? ? Is it even a good port?

Also the only game I want digitally is Ys VII. How big of a memory card will I need to fit that and all the updates and possibly one extra game (you never know)?

sigma runs at an unstable 30 so it is a bad version of that game

the smallest memory card you can get is 4 gigs

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
the smallest is actually 0 gb

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ruggington posted:

sigma runs at an unstable 30 so it is a bad version of that game

the smallest memory card you can get is 4 gigs

Will 4GB be enough though for YSVII, firmware updates, and possibly one other game?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't think ys 7 is even a gig so sure

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

Thankfully, by the time it comes out over here, we'll have all this stuff built into it, and maybe they'll have managed to add online multiplayer in their Gundam multiplayer fighting game. :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Odin Sphere update: the boss repetition is still kinda annoying. I don't get Belial, he's such an utter pushover, so he's okay as the tutorial boss, but why reuse him after that? And Leventhan's baby form is just annoying because it has so much health but is never a threat.
At least Mercedes got two silly shmup stages, that was a cool addition.

Policenaut posted:

I'm glad to hear that Bamco is making more of an effort to redeem Extreme VS Force. Normally they would simply let the game rot instead!

Stranger of Sword City delayed to April
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/stranger-sword-city-ps-vita-delayed-april
Really? I thought Bamco was being really proactive in maintaining good standing with players now. At least I feel like they've been expending a lot more effort.

So is the XboxOne version not delayed at all?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uppers tutorial level

https://youtu.be/oViTu46ewJk

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Haha, Axel must be Japan's Steve Blum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Will 4GB be enough though for YSVII, firmware updates, and possibly one other game?

Yeah, VII is a PSP game so it probably just a couple hundred megabytes or something

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Alder posted:

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus:

I noticed a bit of a slowdown during boss battles and I feel like there's some choppy scenes once I got a full party members all interacting but otherwise OK. I can only dress up Escha & Logy but all the hats/free outfits are nice and show up in battles. Crafting system is still fun and entertaining.

I think the slowdown issue is pretty constant across all the Vita ports for Atelier. I remember experiencing it every so often in Merururu, and the Shallie trailer had some pretty noticeable frame rate issues during a cutscene.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
If Daidouji is in Uppers I will definitely buy it, I'm not a huge Senran or action games fan but sukeban girls are great and should be in everything, & playable IMO

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

If Daidouji is in Uppers I will definitely buy it, I'm not a huge Senran or action games fan but sukeban girls are great and should be in everything, & playable IMO

She will be $5.99 DLC and only playable in Free Mode.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Takoluka posted:

She will be $5.99 DLC and only playable in Free Mode.

I will put her on the altar with Miku

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thankfully, by the time it comes out over here, we'll have all this stuff built into it,

ahahahahaah

Lemon Curdistan posted:

and maybe they'll have managed to add online multiplayer in their Gundam multiplayer fighting game. :v:

heheheheheheeheheheeh

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the vita is back

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

oh my god yes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I recognise the PS4, Vita and VR

Can I play Persona 4 on the gun

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The gun is the new peripheral for the PS Move.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Persona 4 VR edition.

Feel what it's like to really date chie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

Persona 4 VR edition.

Feel what it's like to really date chie kanji.