Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Chu's Day is already a Japanese Band, they tweeted the Lovelive people like "Yo, what the gently caress?"

I'm not really a fan of any of the names in group A and Powerful Garage is hilarious to me, so... I'll be voting for that one. KANARIA is my favorite is group B and C has A LOT of names I like. - mostly Chrom Cross and Lolic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chu's Day is funny because I keep thinking it's a reference to Chu2.

Day = 日 = Ni
Chu's Day = Chu's Ni = ChuNi = Chu2

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
How are you supposed to choose a name when you have no idea who these characters are.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One's a chu2, one likes... rock or metal?

I think one works in construction?

One of the above is probably not true.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zettace posted:

How are you supposed to choose a name when you have no idea who these characters are.

There are character introductions - in English, even! - on the offical website. What more do you need to make an informed decision?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Also Japanese fans have their self introductions on CD to listen to.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There are character introductions - in English, even! - on the offical website. What more do you need to make an informed decision?

I need to know what sort of expressions they can make.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I need to know what sort of expressions they can make.

May I invite you to purchase the various magazines that have many illustrations of the new love lives interacting and making varied expressions? They're very reasonably priced, I'm sure.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

May I invite you to purchase the various magazines that have many illustrations of the new love lives interacting and making varied expressions? They're very reasonably priced, I'm sure.

Well, I have just saved $33 by not going to the live viewing....

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Well, I have just saved $33 by not going to the live viewing....

Look, I'll save you it again: POWERFUL GARAGE is one of the best names for a band that I've ever heard. That's the one you should vote for.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

Tiered for Honks to have a match for the Maki I tiered for last year. Pretty cute!

So upset about not tiering for Sae in starlight stage. I fell asleep too early and forgot to grind the last of my energy. Got my results today: 105,000. sigh.

Apathetic Panda fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 29, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Anyone who still remembered they were owed a preregistration gift from GF Note, they just got round to setting that up (you should have got an email) - go to https://api.gf-music.amebagames.com/webview/preregistration/ and enter your ID (on your profile page) and your pregistration email address.

e: actually this is just more apology luck stones, where's my SR Chloe Lemaire

Apathetic Panda posted:

So upset about not tiering for Sae in starlight stage. I fell asleep too early and forgot to grind the last of my energy. Got my results today: 105,000. sigh.

I'm going to have to start scraping the data from @deresute_border because I really feel like it's getting gradually tougher. It'd make sense assuming the game population is still going up.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 29, 2016

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Oh, Hanamaru's skill is listed as solo singing. I'd like to hear some of that. Her VA was the anime cover song singer.

https://youtu.be/VaXFMj2ZcWo

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Look, I'll save you it again: POWERFUL GARAGE is one of the best names for a band that I've ever heard. That's the one you should vote for.

POWERFUL GARAGE is a great name. None of the other two subunits have any names that tickle my fancy.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

I'm going to have to start scraping the data from @deresute_border because I really feel like it's getting gradually tougher. It'd make sense assuming the game population is still going up.

I'd be curious in that data as well since I haven't noticed things getting particularly harder in ranking. I think I've placed around 21,000th place or so for the last three events with event points, without having to use stamina drinks. I suspect the competition is probably getting tougher, but not across the board in terms of average song difficulty played on.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, there's only four event results (two of each type) available in their tweet history and they both ran for different time periods so they're not reasonably comparable, I'll wait for more. I'm willing to believe I'm actually just bitter and should figure out how to Master. I felt like I tried pretty hard this time around, but, it's not like I was actually counting.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Apathetic Panda posted:

Chu's Day is already a Japanese Band, they tweeted the Lovelive people like "Yo, what the gently caress?"

https://twitter.com/chusday4/status/692554197020053509

A very Japanese polite "yo what the gently caress" :lol:

I guess no-one even bothered with a simple google search of the proposed names.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
GFNote has a new mission tab, something about record, seems to be total score from songs. You get Luck Stones as well as Gal, Power Mists, and trainer cards. Will check for more update stuff once home.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The 5th Live was held on Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2015. Therefore, today and tomorrow we get messages about the big show from the girls on the home screen in EN SIF.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The new Nico UR, is a good Nico.

(JP)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
That's a pretty good Nico.

The SS event song on master is very busy. I'm kinda curious as to how they made it even more hellish for the + version. But not curious enough to try without actually bringing a healer, because that's impossible. (Whoops)

It's a cute song, though!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That is a good Nico. Many if not all Nicos are Good Nicos.

Zenostein posted:

That's a pretty good Nico.

The SS event song on master is very busy. I'm kinda curious as to how they made it even more hellish for the + version. But not curious enough to try without actually bringing a healer, because that's impossible. (Whoops)

It's a cute song, though!

Chat I'm in had a link to Master+: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSDNidsYf_U
In short, HELL NO. I do like the song too though.

At least the best thing is ROMANTIC FINALLY.

New event in GF Note, with edited formatting. You earn event points like before, but now there's also a ranking system against other players. Placing in the top 7500 will net you a copy of the event SR at the close. It looks like they're even putting how many points you need to make the given tier in the reward check screen, which is pretty nice.

The game is, however for me at least, running super slow, which is a bit of a downer.

Edit: another new feature is 'Miracle Sense', which are star items you get from playing songs. These are used for the 'Revolution' option in the Clothing Room, to evolve them like you would a girl's card.

graybook fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jan 31, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

New event in GF Note, with edited formatting. You earn event points like before, but now there's also a ranking system against other players. Placing in the top 7500 will net you a copy of the event SR at the close. It looks like they're even putting how many points you need to make the given tier in the reward check screen, which is pretty nice.

The game is, however for me at least, running super slow, which is a bit of a downer.

Hmm, seems the same to me, unless they resolved it already. But yeah, the event changes look good.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Seems like rank is even real time updated. Very helpful. Well, I guess this will also give us an idea of how competitive this game is. I don't think I'll be trying to tier this time around, but it'd be nice.

I kind of want to do a 10+1 though because my teams remain so weak, especially on the event colour songs.

edit: Seems my problems are limited to just me. For some reason my phone's being across-the-board slow at loading a bunch of things.

graybook fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 31, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The Starlight Stage missions unlocked (left of the gift box, but they have a NEW on them so hard to miss). There's a Daily and Weekly tab and they're mostly 'do a thing X times'.

I don't know if the actual missions are global, I have clear Trancing Pulse, collect 10 things from your boxes, give 5 room likes, clear all daily missions / clear 50 lives, log in every day. Pretty low-tier rewards but not bad for things you're either doing anyway or can do without much additional effort.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 31, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think the daily song mission isn't, because mine is ØωØver!!. But yeah, nice to get even more stuff.

And we also have new missions in GF Note as well - points-based, which I assume is your total score across songs you play (but not plays resulting from event participation). The first three rewards are auto-accepted (100k, 500k, 1m points), and yield Winter Chime, Kiyoku Tadashiku? School Days, and I Say, I Love. And then there are a bunch more you have to manually accept. Looking at further rewards (since I mainly event-play), you get even more Luck Stones, some nice Power Mists for clothes, and even Ema Fukami trainer cards for leveling girls' card skills.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, all my missions are the same except Yume-iro harmony. It's nice that there's a little countdown timer for when the day/week ends, though. Easier than doing the math, I guess.

Speaking of missions, I don't want to clear the ones in gf because I'm terribly curious as to how they'd fit three digits on the counter (presently at 95):

…and since I'm uploading crap from my phone, please enjoy this awful poem:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Loveca for a week in JP.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, all my missions are the same except Yume-iro harmony. It's nice that there's a little countdown timer for when the day/week ends, though. Easier than doing the math, I guess.

Speaking of missions, I don't want to clear the ones in gf because I'm terribly curious as to how they'd fit three digits on the counter (presently at 95):

…and since I'm uploading crap from my phone, please enjoy this awful poem:

Heh, I hadn't played enough outside of events, so I'm only at like 49. I was at 50 but I grabbed that first 200kGal reward for the heck of it.
Looks like I can start increasing that number again on the 8th.

And with regards to that poem, that's kind of how I operate in GF Note... though I do have one person on my friendslist with an SR support member for some reason. Kinda don't want to get rid of whoever it is for some reason I can't pin down.
Though in SIF I don't mind having non-UR-center friends because I don't think my score hinges so much on the support.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I think the difference in SIF between a UR and a SR is like 3k. It probably doesn't matter unless you have say, a team of random crap you're trying to max bond with, where that might push the overall team value above the B threshold. I only vaguely bother in SIF because it's pretty miserly in terms of friend list space. I'm pretty sure I'm around lvl. 120 or so, and have like 20-something spaces for friends? SS has double that, I think.

Speaking of which, for SS's missions: as you'd expect, doing a song in an event doesn't count, unless I am misremembering and got a different song in the shuffle. Probably still doesn't actually count, though. Especially since "collect things from your room" means specifically from the reward boxes, and not the trainer board. The game does pop up a huge little window when you clear a mission, though. So that's considerate.

As for the GF thing: I am glad to know that's why I suddenly had all those extra songs. Incidentally, that's why I have so many of those missions cleared: the exclamation point and the number tabs were bothering me, so I'd wander away from the events to clear the new songs as they came up. That and I'm guessing it's a lifetime point total. One which I kinda wish they'd use bunching on in some manner or another. I stopped looking after what's either 20 million or 2 million, because trying to read that number is kinda unpleasant. That said, the rewards for those seem to be SR trainers, so that's nice.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

I think the difference in SIF between a UR and a SR is like 3k. It probably doesn't matter unless you have say, a team of random crap you're trying to max bond with, where that might push the overall team value above the B threshold. I only vaguely bother in SIF because it's pretty miserly in terms of friend list space. I'm pretty sure I'm around lvl. 120 or so, and have like 20-something spaces for friends? SS has double that, I think.

Speaking of which, for SS's missions: as you'd expect, doing a song in an event doesn't count, unless I am misremembering and got a different song in the shuffle. Probably still doesn't actually count, though. Especially since "collect things from your room" means specifically from the reward boxes, and not the trainer board. The game does pop up a huge little window when you clear a mission, though. So that's considerate.

As for the GF thing: I am glad to know that's why I suddenly had all those extra songs. Incidentally, that's why I have so many of those missions cleared: the exclamation point and the number tabs were bothering me, so I'd wander away from the events to clear the new songs as they came up. That and I'm guessing it's a lifetime point total. One which I kinda wish they'd use bunching on in some manner or another. I stopped looking after what's either 20 million or 2 million, because trying to read that number is kinda unpleasant. That said, the rewards for those seem to be SR trainers, so that's nice.

It mostly matters when I'm trying to rank on the non-4x Hard during score matches. In which case I need to check which type of matching UR I need to use to boost my team even further.

Yes, I have, and naturally, it was Nico's.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

graybook posted:

Yes, I have, and naturally, it was Nico's.
What does she say?

oh and i had a real good weekend

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Something to the effect of 'Fufu. Gaze upon me... ...have you ever seen such a lovely face?'

And oh man, very nice pulls.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Just simulwatched the movie.

Didn't cry as much as I expected, but still quite the sendoff.

e: because I don't to triplepost: For those playing GFNote, any idea why some people in the rankings have colored user handles?

graybook fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 1, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Even though they were different lengths, Snow Wings and Pastel Pink were pretty close up for the first few days before the end approached. I guess that's not all that surprising actually. Need more data before I want to draw any conclusions, though.

graybook posted:

e: because I don't to triplepost: For those playing GFNote, any idea why some people in the rankings have colored user handles?

Good question, I hadn't even seen that before you mentioned it. Seems like they're the girl/song colours but that doesn't really explain anything.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Feb 1, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I could've sworn I saw a purple title but I'll have to go back and check. Maybe it's like those weird Call of Duty name colour things?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
On a side note, after watching the Imas series and movie, I sort of want to see a spinoff that's made of nothing but the in-series movie trailers.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I could've sworn I saw a purple title but I'll have to go back and check. Maybe it's like those weird Call of Duty name colour things?

Yeah, there's a purple, so, hmm.

taser rates posted:

On a side note, after watching the Imas series and movie, I sort of want to see a spinoff that's made of nothing but the in-series movie trailers.

Yeah, it seems like they put a lot of effort into 5-minute one-offs. Though, at least the movie one they made some figures out of. I saw those months before the blu-ray was released and I had no idea what they were referencing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
http://gs.dengeki.com/sunshine_tohyo/

The voting for the subunit names have started. You know what you must do (POWERFUL GARAGE).