Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Nah. Has to be the home Raiders game, right? All the awkwardness of a cancelled wedding between two runaways.

I liken that game to more of a post breakup hatefucking. It should be fun at least for one side.

The Jaguars game looks to be simply depressing no matter who wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FCKGW posted:

Bullet train from la and lv to nuke town is what I say

Bullet Train To Nuke Town is an excellent Dethklok song.

Approved.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The Raiders have started their next round of ransom negotiations already

http://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...ery=/A3ZJnXt3fr

quote:

Mark Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders, is scheduled to meet with Las Vegas Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson on Friday, possibly to discuss stadium details. A potential move by the Raiders to Los Angeles earlier this month was rejected by the NFL. Abboud said Las Vegas Sands has had conversations with officials from other NFL teams as well.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
noooo not sheldon adelson

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It would be rad and they could literally build it right on the strip

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the Raiders are the only team that could work in Vegas because the Raiders can work anywhere

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

zen death robot posted:

Las Vegas seems like a bad city for an NFL team but that's just me

Please explain

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

Well one notable difference is that getting free agents to come to LA is a lot easier than St. Louis. I'm not bagging on St. Louis anymore than my own hometown. Like when the Chiefs tried to get Peyton Manning to visit and he practically laughed at them as he flew over KC on the way to Denver.

Stuff like this doesn't matter. Most NFL players do not even live in the state that they play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Please explain

Lots of dumb people think athletes have no self control and would just gamble on everything.

A better answer would be that Vegas is as much a transplant city as San Diego or Florida cities and wouldn't have a lot of support since everyone who lives there already roots for someone else

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

Lots of dumb people think athletes have no self control and would just gamble on everything.

A better answer would be that Vegas is as much a transplant city as San Diego or Florida cities and wouldn't have a lot of support since everyone who lives there already roots for someone else

eh, there are 2 million people in vegas and most of them are native. Plus, you'd draw the LA fans(3 hourish drive) and it's a very cheap flight from the Bay Area.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Any NFL team in Vegas would probably sell out every time, too, and the TV market could easily include LA.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

zen death robot posted:

The Rams own the LA market and no other games will be aired when they are playing though.

Oh right I forgot about that poo poo team tainting my city

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Then again I'm not the owner of a team that is currently playing in a stadium that gets sewage backed up into it, so lots of things probably sound better than that.

Which is why the Raiders are honestly just waiting to see what the Chargers do. If they move, San Diego has an NFL ready stadium and training facility that the Raiders can move into tomorrow. Plus a sizable raiders fanbase both here and a couple of hours up the road in LA.

There are gonna be three teams in Southern California in 2017. It'll either be the LA Rams/Chargers and San Diego Raiders, or the LA Rams/Raiders and San Diego Chargers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I want the San Diego Raiders to happen so bad

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

A few would. I mean, if Manziel ended up on this hypothetical Vegas team, he'd probably never be seen again

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Oh no. I wished for the black hole to be destroyed after the Raiders move. If they move to Vegas, something even more grotesque will pop up. My own hubris has damned me.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Las Vegas Raiders would be great. Being an AFC team makes it better

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Sash! posted:

A few would. I mean, if Manziel ended up on this hypothetical Vegas team, he'd probably never be seen again
He'd eventually reach a partying equilibrium and become the best QB he could be without needing to sneak away to party.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The name possibilities alone make a Vegas team sound good!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hmm the talk of building a new stadium for unlv and general use with or without the Raiders is awesome

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

zen death robot posted:

it's mostly that the population isn't THAT big

2 million+

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The Las Vegas Raiders works because their fans are appropriate for a post-apocalyptic desert wasteland.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

If they move, San Diego has an NFL ready stadium and training facility that the Raiders can move into tomorrow.

By that standard so does Oakland. If some Vegas tycoons like Adelson are involved, the Las Vegas Raiders would actually get to have nice poo poo.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Las Vegas Bugsys.

Las Vegas Bugsies?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I want them in Vegas now so bad

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ross Angeles posted:

the Raiders are the only team that could work in Vegas because the Raiders can work anywhere

Agreed on the first part, disagree on the 2nd. I don't think the Raiders could work anywhere east of the Mississippi or north of Oregon.

But the Las Vegas Raiders? Hell yes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The fan antics at Las Vegas Raiders games have the potential to be truly amazing

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

gently caress it, someone call up Steve Wynn.

Imagine the gaudy bullshit he could build for them.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Jacksonville Raiders
London Jaguars

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Glass of Milk posted:

The Las Vegas Raiders works because their fans are appropriate for a post-apocalyptic desert wasteland.

The Las Vegas Warboys
Warboys!
They fight for Immortan Mark
Immortan Mark!

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze

MechaFrogzilla posted:

The Las Vegas Warboys
Warboys!
Immortan Mark!

Do not, my friends, become addicted to winning. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gonna need someone to draw Imperator Khalil.

Preferably driving the War Rig over Brock Osweiler.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 29, 2016

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Chargers should move to London, we can rebrand them with a Charge of the Light Brigade theme

They would have about the same level of success :britain:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TBC posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to winning. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifesty...QGjJ/story.html

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

MechaFrogzilla posted:

The Las Vegas Warboys
Warboys!
Immortan Mark!

Al. Mark is the bug dumb son.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Gonna need someone to draw Imperator Khalil.

Can I just get Rosie Huntington and the other milkwives as raiderettes?

I'm now seriously considering a white Al Davis tracksuit and an Immortan Joe mask for next season.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 29, 2016

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Return my phylactery to me and I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Al probably doesn't have a real phylactery. He strikes me as more of a body possessing type of spirit. Mark is probably just an unwilling pawn in a grander and darker scheme.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Al probably doesn't have a real phylactery. He strikes me as more of a body possessing type of spirit. Mark is probably just an unwilling pawn in a grander and darker scheme.

The phylactery is under the 50 yard line of the Coliseum. That's why the Raiders can't move. Someone might disturb it and release the vengeful spirit of Al.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'd take it one step further, Al Davis has a series of Horcruxes. At least one of them is a Raiders Lombardi trophy, another is a bottle of stick'um once given to Biletnikoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

• Locked thread