Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Psychotic Weasel posted:

These people are literally 99.98% less insufferable than Millennials.

Even when considering the fact that one of them is responsible for driving one of the greatest GenX musicians to suicide and the other two just killed music itself.
Henry was good in Black Flag though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I admit I couldn't list anything Henry Rollins has done off the top of my head but looking him up I am familiar with some of his work.

I just assumed that after being lumped in with Courtney Love he must be a terrible human being.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
the fail visuals of the millenial Scooby Doo makes me think they'll screw up the audio as well. you just know they are going to stop using the classic grunt from Tim "The Toolman" Taylor for the "new and improved" Scooby Doo (thats what they did; the classic Scooby sound: http://www.hark.com/clips/nkjgjfqpxm-scoobys-aaaarug + classic TTTT sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg )and instead have millenial Scooby Do Say bull crap like "i apologize on behalf of all men / i'm ashamed of being white" more like Scooby Don't

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
People talking about cartoons itt are milenials

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
yeah cartoons are terrible

now let me talk to you all about anime

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

People talking about cartoons itt are milenials
hah, i'm Gen Z, fooled you.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

symbolic posted:

hah, i'm Gen Z, fooled you.

You're great, FOR ME TO POOP ON

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Its indisputable. Gen X programmed their stupid parents VCRs and they make posts owning millenials. Simply the best.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Danny LaFever posted:

Simply the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNU3aIJs88g

Technically part of the Beat generation, but w/e they don't get enough love on account of the Greatest Generation overshadowing them.

Now that we've had a refresher on what originality and talent looks like, we can get back to making fun of manchildren.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I admit I couldn't list anything Henry Rollins has done off the top of my head but looking him up I am familiar with some of his work.

I just assumed that after being lumped in with Courtney Love he must be a terrible human being.

Your "terrible yet somehow better than literally every Millenial ever" insight was exactly the point, yes.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that gen x is the most rightwing demographic by a shitload

thank you for reminding the thread why gen x is terrible

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Waffle! posted:

So, this happened:

"Zoinks! My artisanal po' boy didn't come on gluten-free bread!"

Reminds me of what they tried to do to Buggs Bunny about a decade ago.

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Td5u_UZTFE

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jan 29, 2016

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
if millennials had any balls at all, they would flock to a banner of "eat the rich" and storm the castles of the fat capitalists who ruined the world. to the extent that billionaires would refuse to leave their homes lest a mob of disaffected hipster retards descend upon the rich in their limousines and armani suits, and drink the marrow of the .1%,

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i'm not even entirely joking. greed and corporate non-accountability is going to destroy this entire goddamn planet and i'm going to eat the thighbone of the men responsible

naem
May 29, 2011

I think gradually the economy will improve, and the middle class will regain ground as they are marketed to, it will be a long slow process through, the rich just consolidated wealth because that's what they do

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

naem posted:

I think gradually the economy will improve, and the middle class will regain ground as they are marketed to, it will be a long slow process through, the rich just consolidated wealth because that's what they do
we're all gonna get nuked before that ever happens

naem
May 29, 2011

symbolic posted:

we're all gonna get nuked before that ever happens

Well yes obviously

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

lol you're adorable

naem
May 29, 2011

Horniest Manticore posted:

lol you're adorable

Or the nanobots will destroy us all, you know

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Or the nanobots will destroy us all, you know

the rich will sell us the nanobots first. we'll pay for the privilege of being destroyed

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Automatic Slim posted:

Reminds me of what they tried to do to Buggs Bunny about a decade ago.

:nws:

http://youtu.be/6Td5u_UZTFE

lol

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Same.

naem posted:

Gotta have middle class jobs to have a middle class. The checks and balances that have allowed fewer people to get more power has diminished substantially over the past 35 years. The only time things change in the US is if the bottom falls out of something and even if, just maybe. Millennial's are sitting on tons of student debt that they'll never be able to repay back especially without the kind of income their degrees were meant for.
Automation will whittle down the white collar jobs that there was of any hope of doing that.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 29, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gen x

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Most of my older cousins are Gen X and they're all hitting the divorce phase right now so holidays are really loving annoying and I can't keep track of all these new step-kids.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Half of my millennial friends are already divorced.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo I forgot I was divorced too when i posted that fml.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I remember Gen X being called the MTV Generation which was pretty cool back in the day.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Automatic Slim posted:

Gotta have middle class jobs to have a middle class. The checks and balances that have allowed fewer people to get more power has diminished substantially over the past 35 years. The only time things change in the US is if the bottom falls out of something and even if, just maybe. Millennial's are sitting on tons of student debt that they'll never be able to repay back especially without the kind of income their degrees were meant for.
Automation will whittle down the white collar jobs that there was of any hope of doing that.

So, no hope, etc. What's the end result here? People have to somehow continue to exist even without gainful employment.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I think it's gay when people try to talk about this being a War Generation even though it doesn't affect any one in the USA whatsoever besides USAA or Wounded Warrior commercials outside of like, actual service members

Gonna drag this up from a few pages ago because the vast majority of the ~greatest generation~ didn't fight or even enlist so frankly gently caress them for trying to bask in the glory.

Also the US should probably fix its ongoing 'my dad didn't love me I am not worthy!!!' neurosis because it's been passed down for like 3 generations now. Including one that was somehow proud of losing the Vietnam war.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Ronwayne posted:

So, no hope, etc. What's the end result here? People have to somehow continue to exist even without gainful employment.

everyone getting paid their true market value (2000 kcal/day)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mad Monk posted:

I remember Gen X being called the MTV Generation which was pretty cool back in the day.

It's about as cool as being called The iPhone Generation ( ie it's calling them consumerist sheep).

naem
May 29, 2011

Automatic Slim posted:

Same.

Yeah well I'm just going to marry a rich nanobot

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Strategic Tea posted:

Gonna drag this up from a few pages ago because the vast majority of the ~greatest generation~ didn't fight or even enlist so frankly gently caress them for trying to bask in the glory.

Also the US should probably fix its ongoing 'my dad didn't love me I am not worthy!!!' neurosis because it's been passed down for like 3 generations now. Including one that was somehow proud of losing the Vietnam war.

I think the term also applies to civilians from that time because for the most part their lives basically revolved around supplying the army so your country could win throughout most of the war years. If you weren't fighting you were toiling away 7 days a week making poo poo or mining things or picking through every scrap of waste to recover what you could.

Could you imagine what todays narcissistic, self absorbed fuckwits would do if they couldn't pig out on garbage for their Instagram accounts or buy a new phone every 8 months because those resources were needed to fight some psycho hell bent on gassing everyone to death?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Ronwayne posted:

What's that idea called where everybody gets enough income to live off of even if they don't work?

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I think the term also applies to civilians from that time because for the most part their lives basically revolved around supplying the army so your country could win throughout most of the war years. If you weren't fighting you were toiling away 7 days a week making poo poo or mining things or picking through every scrap of waste to recover what you could.

Could you imagine what todays narcissistic, self absorbed fuckwits would do if they couldn't pig out on garbage for their Instagram accounts or buy a new phone every 8 months because those resources were needed to fight some psycho hell bent on gassing everyone to death?

I think there was also a participation award for surviving the great depression

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A Strange Aeon posted:

What's that idea called where everybody gets enough income to live off of even if they don't work?
utopia?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trust fund.

Well, not for everybody.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

as a millennial I don't think I've ever met someone in person who uses instagram

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

as a millennial I don't think I've ever met someone in person who uses instagram
as a Gen Z, loving EVERYONE i meet in person uses Instagram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

A Strange Aeon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_credit

• Locked thread