Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I think thats their biggest problem : cognitive dissonance, for a start, you nee cognitive function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Young Freud posted:

I'm really starting to be of the opinion that if you have to be on any kind of government welfare, you should swear loyalty and fealty to said government providing the welfare.

This, but instead the oath is directly to Obama. :evilbuddy:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Casimir Radon posted:

Fry is acting pretty bold right now, but give it a day or two of not eating. He'll be weak from hunger and offering to suck dick for a Lunchable.

Send Samuel L. Jackson up there! STAT!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
is there a "you watch the skies, i'll watch the tarps" photoshop yet

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
The right to bear arms is so important to americans that being unarmed is literally Illegal. Tarpman started doing that boogie when the cops screamed SHOW US THE GUN and he's like Oh god its in the car and rip.

Tamir Rice also was executed for blasphemy ie having a fake gun

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

NO YOU SHOOT THE gently caress UP DAD

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

lol @ Kev trolling his own NTF livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbuP19AWDM

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
So are the remainders of the Ranch Dildonians still holed up there at the refuge?

Also, what is the caloric content of lube? They're probably going to be having to find out soon...

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
So everyone has been dragged out of the birb refuge right? They can't still be in fort dildo?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Hypha posted:

So everyone has been dragged out of the birb refuge right? They can't still be in fort dildo?

Probably going to wait them out so they surrender on their own. It also prevents any of the accused from making bail which is nice

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alan Smithee posted:

NO YOU SHOOT THE gently caress UP DAD

if you gave kuennbu a gun this is probably what would happen

PinkSox
Dec 27, 2003
I BUY BIG RED TITLES FOR MY FRIENDS

I just bought Kev of NOTHIEFSALLOWED fame an account under the name "Kev Reznor" and then linked this thread to him. With any luck, more hilarity will ensue.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Now he looks like a hipster on an overrated donut. A fate worse than death

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
yo kevin do a vape cloud nigga

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Dark Project posted:

So are the remainders of the Ranch Dildonians still holed up there at the refuge?

Also, what is the caloric content of lube? They're probably going to be having to find out soon...

Lol if you don't think these gay bears aren't raw dogging each other's assholes into oblivion to stave off the coming apocalypse that is the rest of their lives. Except the preggo woman since she's only for babies and seeing as she's preggo already

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Are they dead yet?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Lol if you don't think these gay bears aren't raw dogging each other's assholes into oblivion to stave off the coming apocalypse that is the rest of their lives. Except the preggo woman since she's only for babies and seeing as she's preggo already

Last I checked, (44 years ago actually) preggo women posses assholes as well.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

staberind posted:

Yeah, he got her knocked up (possibly)

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

staberind posted:

are you saying you checked your mom's rear end in a top hat out?
Or are you saying that the last time you had sex with your wife was 44 years ago?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
he came out his mamas rear end in a top hat you dullard

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

get a load of this guy who doesn't know how goons are born

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I don't know who @OccupiedBurns is but they followed me on twitter last night (im up to 17 followers gently caress yeah) and now I just don't know how to feel about the whole situation

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
@occupiedburns is the guy that tweete he was crying an going to ram the cops, an later sai they were very nice and it was all cool.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Otisburg posted:

This, but instead the oath is directly to Obama. :evilbuddy:

Along with a deep bow, along with a video of the bow placed on an easily-accessible government website, and then reposted to Fail Army for the eventual kneesnappings that will occur.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Review of the book LaVoy Finicum wrote;

from Amazon posted:

Book source: borrowed via Kindle Unlimited - a subscription service that I pay a monthly fee to Amazon.

The basic plotline is that there's been some kind of nuclear attack on the US. If it was mentioned who the attacking country was, I missed it since I don't recall any mention. Anyhow, events take place mostly in the the four corners region of the US as the children of our 'hero' are caught in the aftermath of the explosion (cars won't run) and know that if they can just get home to the ranch and Dad (with a capital D), everything will be OK.

Since there are no cars running, walking or bicycles seem to be the only way to get around. Those of you familiar with the high desert of the Four Corners region know what kind of a rugged landscape is, and it's winter and snowing to boot - but no worries, these kids are H.E.A.L.T.H.Y. and can handle it all. Plus, any dangerous peeps about and they're loaded to the hilt with firearms, just like Dad (with a capital D) taught them. Oh, and since Dad (with a capital D) was wise and believed in an old prophecy by one of the Mormon gurus, he's been stocking up on food for years and even stashing it in super-secret places all over all the back roads leading to the ranch for the kids to find it on their way through the dangerous high country. And they actually found those caches, despite the heavy snow. For realz.

SPOILERS AHEAD: after the kids get to the ranch and everyone's safe (except Dad's wife who didn't believe in carrying guns, so the baddies knocked her off in the first chapter), there's all kinds of kerfuffles in the community over them having lots of food stashed away and it should be shared with everyone else who wasn't smart enough to stash away. That all leads to a big stand off and our 'hero' packs up his guns and thus ensues some big shoot-em-up. Why he would fire on his neighbors and not negotiate? Dunno, but even worse afterwards our 'hero' is judge, jury and executioner over a female government employee that he resented over the whole thing and ----------->>>>real spoiler---->>>he strung her up on his rope and hung her.

END SPOILERS.

Isn't he special? Not. Now to the writing itself, I'll quote some text and make comments so you can decide for yourself. Sarcasm font is on, folks.

"...like L.A., civil unrest was starting to break out there as well. To avoid that, I had chosen to take I-40 and circle around through Flagstaff. From there I would go north staying on Highway 89 which passed through Page, crossing the Colorado River at the Glen Canyon Dam. From Page, the ranch was less than an hour and a half away."

First person narrative 101 as taught by EL James, and that's not a compliment. And there's even a footnote somewhere to tell the ignorant reader that most places in the book really exist. Like the Grand Canyon. Good to know that's a real place (sarcasm font is on folks).

"Beneath my camo jacket I had on my tactical vest. The right side of the vest had six 30-round magazines for my AR. The left side had my 45 Sig Saur auto with two extra magazines above it. Along with my 45 auto, I still had my 44-40 Colt revolver strapped to my hip. I had been unable to part with it and the weight of it resting on my thigh was comforting."

TMI. Oh and did I mention that anytime any new weapon is introduced to the story there's a footnote giving the reader for more unnecessary detail on said weapon? And there's a whole bunch of weapons in this short book. Oh, and did I mention a lot of other footnotes stating 'facts' - with no backup documentation - just the author's word that those are facts. And then there was a footnote to tell we stupid readers what loaded for bear means.

Now a sample of the oh-so-heavy-handed rhetoric that litters the pages.

"What fools in Washington thought that by unilaterally disarming ourselves it would make the rest of the world like us more? There were actual fools in Washington but there were also traitors. Traitors that knew this would happen. They would not be the ones caught by surprise."

"I used to take pride in the Eagle Badge I had earned. Now I wouldn’t want anyone to know that I had been a Scout. The Boy Scout organization had violated their own Scout oath; their oath to be morally straight."

The ideal of Americanism had been twisted so as to become a mirror opposite.

I have lots more, but that's enough I think to get the point across what to expect in this book. Lastly, back to current event in Oregon, I couldn't resist highlighting a few sentences that I would call pot-meet-kettle. You be the judge.

"Living and breathing was just another way of saying, “Words mean whatever we want them to mean.”

"It was a hard and fast line in his world. If you did not earn it, if you did not pay for it, if it was not given to you, it wasn’t yours."

“We should be free to make stupid choices if we want and then be allowed to experience the full weight of those choices."

Amen to that, people who make a dumb choice should pay the consequences of their heedless actions.

Move over Tom Clancy, we've got a live one here!

Oh wait. Oh....

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
With the Snowshot Shuffle and the two puffy jackets lazily flopping from side to side, this is officially the worst dance party ever.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
When this started there was a thread and there were a few posters defending the actions and positions of these patriots, accusing those of us who think they are dumb of being urban hipsters who don't understand land issues in the west. Since all the patriots have since proven themselves to be terminally stupid and/or cowardly if any of you guys are still reading this thread I'd like to say lol, gently caress you.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The Dark Project posted:

Oh wait. Oh....

I like the one review that says they loved it and w're looking forward to a sequel, and the reply to it ranting that the author was murdered.

I'd link it but I'm phone posting, someone please link it for me for the honor our tarp ghost.

In tarp ghost name I pray amen.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Goddamn, I go to bed, wake up, and Kev's chat is empty of goons and filled with his normal crowd.

It's weird in here

The Dark Project posted:

Oh wait. Oh....

It's a book set in the Turner Diaries universe

Seizure Meat has issued a correction as of 15:33 on Jan 29, 2016

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

InterFaced posted:

Since all the patriots have since proven themselves to be terminally stupid and/or cowardly if any of you guys are still reading this thread I'd like to say lol, gently caress you.

Shocking that so many people could accurately predict that a group of gun nut secessionist retards wouldn't turn out to be brilliant philosophers or tactful negotiators with eloquent points on modernizing the interaction between citizen and government.

It's like liberals have some kind of secret future seeing sorcery magic or something.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

A Winner is Jew posted:

These are the people supporting those chuckle fucks.

They're more pathetic that goons.
To be fair, that's better than the DIRECTOR OF THE OREGON STATE MILITIA that called into the NTA broadcast calling for broken arrow, and when the NTA guy asked him why he wasn't already at the refuge his excuses were something like "Well, I don't have a job so someone has to watch the kids... and, uh, yeah, my wifes pick up truck needed a starter and I had to do that because she's the only one that works... I think I needed to feed the dog..." or some poo poo like that.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

What do you think that trooper's one-liner was after he domed Tarp Guy?

"And that's why you alway leave a note"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

slidebite posted:

To be fair, that's better than the DIRECTOR OF THE OREGON STATE MILITIA that called into the NTA broadcast calling for broken arrow, and when the NTA guy asked him why he wasn't already at the refuge his excuses were something like "Well, I don't have a job so someone has to watch the kids... and, uh, yeah, my wifes pick up truck needed a starter and I had to do that because she's the only one that works... I think I needed to feed the dog..." or some poo poo like that.
All of them say this. They're screaming that this is the ultimate battle against the tyranny of the federal government and you sheep are witnessing the 2nd American Revolution but they won't go to Oregon to defend the refuge because they didn't want to spare the gas money or couldn't take off work. These are sad people who want to be taken seriously, but don't even take themselves seriously.

Reposting from Finicum's book, where he describes how he thought his final moments would go:

The Crotch posted:

... Spalmed?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Buncha racists up in the NTA chat this morning, hot drat

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Knight posted:

All of them say this. They're screaming that this is the ultimate battle against the tyranny of the federal government and you sheep are witnessing the 2nd American Revolution but they won't go to Oregon to defend the refuge because they didn't want to spare the gas money or couldn't take off work. These are sad people who want to be taken seriously, but don't even take themselves seriously.

Reposting from Finicum's book, where he describes how he thought his final moments would go:

What I love about that excerpt is that it's at the end of the book. I would have thought that good storytelling would have made his fast-draw 360 noscope skills known much earlier.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Knight posted:

LaVoy sighed as he drew his gun...oh.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Had a dream that tarpman actually faked his death and turned the refuge into a hotdog stand.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Shalhavet posted:

https://www.fbi.gov/portland/press-...wildlife-refuge

Portland FBI's Special Agent in Charge on that video.

There was was a gun in his pocket, and he wasn't happy to see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
has the tactical bobcat made an appearance yet