Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Firstborn posted:

DC & Jim Lee's actually really actually real reboot of Scooby Doo where the dog communicates with emojis and Shaggy is a hipster:

Velma flies a drone and Fred has tribal tattoos.

Yah.

I'm not sure why Velma looks like a per-pubescent anime.

Sadly the next most, WTH, thing I see is scoob.

But, meh. Seriously though, Velma was a nerd with......... Nope

Not gonna spring this trap.

Velma was not a little tiny Little person Anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Yah.

I'm not sure why Velma looks like a per-pubescent anime.

Sadly the next most, WTH, thing I see is scoob.

But, meh. Seriously though, Velma was a nerd with......... Nope

Not gonna spring this trap.

Velma was not a little tiny Little person Anime.

Your posting is loving terrible

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Firstborn posted:

DC & Jim Lee's actually really actually real reboot of Scooby Doo where the dog communicates with emojis and Shaggy is a hipster:

Velma flies a drone and Fred has tribal tattoos.

You know how certain media that rely solely on pop culture tend to get stale and outdated relatively quickly? Plus how they get really awkward to look back on in a few years' time?

This has all the staying power of a French baguette.

Jesus, anime eyes emoticon Scooby with massive chin Shaggy. :pwn::gonk:

I must be getting old, because speaking only in emoticons seems retarded.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I must be getting old, because speaking only in emoticons seems retarded.

But yeah that new Scooby looks really retarded

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Is that warbot from accounting?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Josef bugman posted:

My first thought as well. Hope springs eternal.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's Kevin Spacey from "The Moon"

Which is an awesome goddamn movie and I'll fight everyone

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Josef bugman posted:

I don't know, is it the same tired joke recycled in every single strip? And was it written by the same guy who made the acclaimed comic series "Robot Hellboy?"

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Scooby doo was always a dumb cartoon for dumb children, now it's just a dumb cartoon for millennial children

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

You know how certain media that rely solely on pop culture tend to get stale and outdated relatively quickly? Plus how they get really awkward to look back on in a few years' time?

This has all the staying power of a French baguette.

Yeah, this. One of the tirst thing that came to my mind was the do-over the Looney Tunes got a couple of years back.

I was sure this happened in the 90s because why wouldn't it have happened in the 90s. But it seems like the 90s are now.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Screaming Idiot posted:

I don't know, is it the same tired joke recycled in every single strip? And was it written by the same guy who made the acclaimed comic series "Robot Hellboy?"

It's not really "robot hellboy" I mean sure it may have started like that but I don't think hellboy has ever really fought anything that was actually funny and none horrifying. That and there is no end of the world coming in the atomic robo.

Also "every single strip" is all of 15, sure it can be a little repetitive, but it's still a good joke and it doesn't exactly stay forever to get dull.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Scooby's emoji-helmet is stupid, but at least it's not nanite-infused scooby snacks.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elfface posted:

Scooby's emoji-helmet is stupid, but at least it's not nanite-infused scooby snacks.

Metal Gear Solid 6 looking good.

EDIT: I never liked Scooby Doo, but if they're gonna make a comic about it now, it's a reasonable direction to go in. Velma was apparently a nerd by 1960s terms, and in 2016 terms, that's "drones and gadgets" rather than "smart".

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 10:26 on Jan 29, 2016

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Len posted:

Fred would totally have been a muscle head who thought tribal tats were cool.

A guy in an ascot is never going to think tattoos are cool.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah, what would a proper 2016 version of a prep-school kid be?

...Martin Shkreli?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Scooby :-DDDoo

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, this. One of the tirst thing that came to my mind was the do-over the Looney Tunes got a couple of years back.

I was sure this happened in the 90s because why wouldn't it have happened in the 90s. But it seems like the 90s are now.

I knew one of the animators to this show. He was a a fat, creepy furry of middling artistic talent who used to draw Megaman fanart which he would later turn around and claim were original characters that just so happened to look like Robot Masters.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Soulex posted:

It's Kevin Spacey from "The Moon"

Which is an awesome goddamn movie and I'll fight everyone

I doubt you'll have to fight anyone on that subject.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

I doubt you'll have to fight anyone on that subject.

What if I want to fight him anyway?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Not so bad, except for scooby emoticon bullshit.

Also, Im not sure I get what Daphne supposed to be here and what relation does it has with what she was

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
it's a hi-tek double ended dildo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also, Im not sure I get what Daphne supposed to be here and what relation does it has with what she was

She is there. In the old comic, she was there. She was never much more than "pretty girl".

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Elias_Maluco posted:

Her pants are so shiny

This actually is unrelated but drat every time I look at that picture I find a new reason to hate it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

She is there. In the old comic, she was there. She was never much more than "pretty girl".

Except the live action movies. In those she was Buffy.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Elias_Maluco posted:

She's from the insidious Ordous, the lesser known house of the Dune series, nobody really liked them but they're there just to make up the numbers.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Angela Christine posted:

Yeah, but that's not what she is in this version. Is like she became some sort of cyberpunk warrior or something

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe it's an upgraded Ghostbuster-proton-pack. It looks like a railgun. Which is about as appropriate as Johnny Quest with a glock, or Hadji with an AK.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Beaten by the Wildstorm character, Emoticon from 2007.

This terrible character aside, it was a surprisingly enjoyable comic about a town where superheroes and villains go to retire.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

flosofl posted:

Except the live action movies. In those she was Buffy.

There were quite a lot more boobs in the movies too.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Grendels Dad posted:

It actually first ran in 2005. I remember hearing about it early in high school and thought it was hokey and dumb as poo poo even then. It was trying to revive the 90s X-TREME ATTITUDE!!! aspect of the 90s when it felt hilariously out of place in the mid-2000s. All of the characters look like that have bladed boomerangs for arms and legs; they are, quite literally, edgy.

I can only imagine what the animation studio management was like then:

:sludgepal:: "Uh... We need something to appeal to the kids these days. Last I remember, they like 'extreme attitude' and 'in-your-face awesome'. Um, Looney Tunes is always popular with the kids, I guess. Can you guys in animation give me something edgy and hip?"
:downswords:: "Duhhhhhh! Okay, boss!" *draws literally*
:sludgepal:: "Perfect."

Oh well. At least the parodies were funny:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-9nOD1h0m8Q

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fjpNmBWwsc0

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So blue is the Tasmanian devil, yellow is Bugs Bunny, orange is Daffy Duck, blue is the road runner, green is, I guess, Wile E Coyote? And who is pink?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Tiggum posted:

So blue is the Tasmanian devil, yellow is Bugs Bunny, orange is Daffy Duck, blue is the road runner, green is, I guess, Wile E Coyote? And who is pink?

Token female Bugs Bunny?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If I'm recalling correctly they are actually clones/descendants of the core characters, and the pink one is derived from Lola.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
It's Porky Pig of course.

Is Elmer Fudd some kind of Robotnikesque super villain in this show? And to remain edgy and cool does he only go by, The Fudd?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Scooby Doo was loving terrible and always will be to me. Never figured out how that poo poo was funny or entertaining apart from the Venture Bros riff.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I remember reading somewhere that they ended up "softening up" the Loonatics characters because they were afraid kids wouldn't like all the sharp edges and scary eyes, so they actually ended up looking more ridiculous in the end.

edit:

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Jan 29, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

That Works posted:

Scooby Doo was loving terrible and always will be to me. Never figured out how that poo poo was funny or entertaining apart from the Venture Bros riff.

Even when I was six, Scooby Doo was mediocre as poo poo. It'd be a desperation watch if there was literally nothing else going on in the middle of the day on a Sunday. The neighbor's kids, though, were loving obsessed with Scooby-Doo and collected all kinds of Scooby merchandise.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Grendels Dad posted:

Honestly I'd watch these guys torment an opera singer

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

titties posted:

Hipster Shaggy is just the Justice League-era Green Arrow which makes it even worse imo

Velma is just a reskin of Robin from Teen Titans.

And the female bunny was Babs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

projecthalaxy posted:

the pink one is derived from Lola.

veedubfreak posted:

And the female bunny was Babs.
Huh. I had no idea that these were two separate characters, or that either one existed anywhere outside of Space Jam.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Even when I was six, Scooby Doo was mediocre as poo poo. It'd be a desperation watch if there was literally nothing else going on in the middle of the day on a Sunday.
It always seemed to me to be one of those shows that everyone watched and no one liked, like Captain Planet or Widget the World Watcher.

• Locked thread