Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

indigi posted:

well the problem is that he'd be failing with someone else's money, and all the coders/etc who would be out of a job would be the only ones who felt any economic impact by the game closing up shop

maybe it's from working in hr too long but I don't really consider it a tragedy when successful and eminently employable people lose their jobs. a Walmart closing is a tragedy, a video game studio closing up shop not so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
cls: starting to think that the people that have made no effort to clear their sidewalks at this point just give zero fucks about anyone besides themselves

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Symbolic Butt posted:

I think the biggest example that I can think of is how John VI escaped to Brazil instead of surrendering to Napoleon. most historians out of Brazil say it was an interesting move, maybe even smart?

the history book that I read as a kid was like "john vi was a coward retard who ate too much chicken lmao, of course he wasn't man enough to deal with Napoleon"

standing and fighting Napoleon was a pretty pointless gesture before the Grand Armee. good for you John VI

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

current computer janitor job status: i'm not one

Not being a computer janitor is a pro career move

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Al! posted:

maybe it's from working in hr too long but I don't really consider it a tragedy when successful and eminently employable people lose their jobs. a Walmart closing is a tragedy, a video game studio closing up shop not so much

that's a good point. gently caress them all then

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

keyboard vomit posted:

Not being a computer janitor is a pro career move

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

indigi posted:

ftfy.

bartending in space would be actually pretty cool. you could do way more glass flipping tricks with much less chance of smashing them on the ground. plus you probably get to gently caress hot alien bitches

Solus M.D. posted:

cls: starting to think that the people that have made no effort to clear their sidewalks at this point just give zero fucks about anyone besides themselves

welcome to america, comrade

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

indigi posted:

that's a good point. gently caress them all then

their job is kind of based around screwing with the naivety of the public, many of whom are literal children, after all

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
The coolest thing about star citizen is that it validates the processes of companies like EA and Ubisoft when they crack down on over promised features and force devs to meet deadlines. yes, some times that's going to result in a bad product but that product was never going to be good and would have kept sucking resources forever at which point you'd end up killing it anyways. better to shut it down now and ship it than drag it out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

The coolest thing about star citizen is that it validates the processes of companies like EA and Ubisoft when they crack down on over promised features and force devs to meet deadlines. yes, some times that's going to result in a bad product but that product was never going to be good and would have kept sucking resources forever at which point you'd end up killing it anyways. better to shut it down now and ship it than drag it out.

shaggar was.... right?

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

indigi posted:

ftfy.

bartending in space would be actually pretty cool. you could do way more glass flipping tricks with much less chance of smashing them on the ground. plus you probably get to gently caress hot alien bitches

why do you keep talking about loving bitches and getting pussy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Solus M.D. posted:

sidewalks are city property and if your city is not cleaning them your city is poo poo at snow removal. my tiny town manages it without any problems. U see the little specialized sidewalk clearers going back and forth during and after the snow.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speaking of walmarts closing, i wonder how many of those walmarts were built with public assistance and tax breaks, on the promise that the new store would economically revitalize the area and bring in new tax revenue.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shaggar posted:

not just star citizen, kickstarter as a whole proved this once and for all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Solus M.D. posted:

why do you keep talking about loving bitches and getting pussy

because it's funny to me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there are plenty of kickstarter projects that have worked out fine, but they have that same project discipline, just at a smaller level.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

indigi posted:

because it's funny to me

yeah the idea of you getting it is funny to us too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

my favorite kickstarters are the ones where it's essentially a preorder for a reasonably affordable product

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the one detail of star citizen i know is that an activity that people are excited about is bartending in space

poo poo in video games exists for doing things you can't actually do. The idea of wasting time crafting in video games sounds ridiculous to me because I can just go downstairs to my workshop and make things or work in my garden if I give a poo poo about "crafting" something, and I actually have something tangible when I'm done.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that's another one. where people have a product and a plan but no way to gauge customer interest so they do a kickstarter for an amount that's enough to deliver for each customer while breaking even or better. Its kind of like group buys but for a product that doesn't exist

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

St Evan Echoes posted:

lol if you dont just post in threads already in your bookmarks

i have a lot of bookmarked threads

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

:fry:

Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

speaking of walmarts closing, i wonder how many of those walmarts were built with public assistance and tax breaks, on the promise that the new store would economically revitalize the area and bring in new tax revenue.

http://consumerist.com/2016/01/25/walmart-comes-to-town-other-stores-close-then-walmart-leaves/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

my petard...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shaggar posted:

sidewalks are city property and if your city is not cleaning them your city is poo poo at snow removal. my tiny town manages it without any problems. U see the little specialized sidewalk clearers going back and forth during and after the snow.

rich city

Apr 7, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

poo poo in video games exists for doing things you can't actually do. The idea of wasting time crafting in video games sounds ridiculous to me because I can just go downstairs to my workshop and make things or work in my garden if I give a poo poo about "crafting" something, and I actually have something tangible when I'm done.

I'll play games about throwing fireballs at things or flying through space or whatever because I can't actually do that poo poo. Play a video game about growing flowers or something? Nah.

Considering most people under 25 now will never own their own home, I'm waiting for the House Hunters MMORPG

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol no. they just prioritize snow removal over less important poo poo.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

The best video game ever is about shooting giant bugs in the face with a space laser

https://youtu.be/KW2vjgoQ7gs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

keyboard vomit posted:

The best video game ever is about shooting giant bugs in the face with a space laser

that's a really weird interpretation of Ms. Pac Man

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
cjs: was an hour late for work and now i have no will to live or do any work or anything really gently caress this

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Migishu posted:

cjs: was an hour late for work and now i have no will to live or do any work or anything really gently caress this

feels good man :)

i drove in but the guy im learning under is waiting for oracle downloads

time to chill out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Migishu posted:

cjs: was an hour late for work and now i have no will to live or do any work or anything really hail satan

ftfy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

indigi posted:

besides being Football Superman, Cam is so chill and cool and hansome I really don't understand why people don't like him (racism)

spoarts radio all this week and next is white men calling in saying how they're not racist but dogwhistle it up and about how tired they are of being accused of it

ryan clark went on mike&mike yesterday and brought up a couple good points about mainstream cultural acceptance

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

this is lovely and depressing, although not surprising

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

indigi posted:

that's a really weird interpretation of Ms. Pac Man

actually the best arcade game is tapper

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

actually the best arcade game is tapper

actually it's the sit-down star wars machine

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Captain Foo posted:

i was going to say sit-down afterburner, but this is correct

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the best arcade machine is the one you see on bar tops in really lovely bars that let you look at naked ladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Captain Foo posted:

with vector graphics?

i loved that poo poo as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDxiVpgjiM