Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Tripwire's idea of balance is ammo nerfing.

I don't know why, and it's universally dumb and unfun in all games that do it ( like Payday ), but developers seem to love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I got an Alienware mask this morning. They still had them.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Killing Hans melee as a Zerker on Hard with a decent team is very satisfying. I wasn't able to keep him off everyone, but I did save a couple guys by body checking him with the Pulverizer a few times. doing a little melee shove does seem to help break aggro. I guess the key is to fight him in a space that has a lot of stuff you can put between you and him to break LoS and to prevent his melee attacks from landing.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
New Gunslinger weapon idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tEYcUSQDyw

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I suppose that's one fun alternative the "How do we Ironsight for dual wield?" question.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Can Horzine develop some exciting new biotech to bring this game back from the dead?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can Horzine develop some exciting new biotech to bring this game back from the dead?

wait are you saying alienware masks arent doing it for you?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

At this point I am sick to death of the standard maps and play custom servers only. This is really hit-and-miss (this part of the community really likes to play the same 3-4 bad maps), but it provides variety and this is a laid-back game on any difficulty besides Hell on Earth (which should be called Concentrated Anti-Fun) anyway.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm just sick of the satisfaction of getting through HoE by the skin of our team's teeth to be squashed by a Hansrolling.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Plan Z posted:

I'm just sick of the satisfaction of getting through HoE by the skin of our team's teeth to be squashed by a Hansrolling.

Recruit 2 zerkers buddies, they can keep him locked down pretty good, just have them swap in and out while the medic heals them and everyone shoots the poo poo out of Hans.

That's what I've been doing, I mean its sad that have to do it but at least it works till Trip speaks up and fixes the fucker.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I just stopped playing HoE after I got the achieves. Hard and Suicidal are more fun chill modes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Alteisen posted:

Recruit 2 zerkers buddies

alternately instead of doing stupid bullshit like this you can do what it seems like most folks in this thread have done at this point and just play a different game until this one becomes fun again

I mean let's be real all of us are turbonerds with like 500 games on steam

rip

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well I still enjoy KF and I will admit my solution is a band-aid on a bleeding stump, just offering solutions is all even if they're terrible.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Even if they surprised all of us and released a new patch to fix hans tomorrow, it wont fix the fact that the current content is stale, and they don't develop new maps / perks quickly enough to retain people. Hans being so incredibly bad is what caused me to give the rest of the game a more critical eye, instead of forgiving what would otherwise be minor offenses.

They've thrown out a lot of damage control about the pace at which they develop content, citing some pretty legitimate reasons. But the problems with hans can be fixed by programmers alone. Shift numbers around. Change his AI a little. Let the playerbase test the early access game that they paid for the privilege of testing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
no but see, they do lots of internal testing, and

quote:

We see Early Access as an opportunity to involve you, the community, and actually incorporate your feedback as we balance and put the finishing touches on the game. For example, we know how to nail the feel of Killing Floor 2’s weapons, but perfect gameplay balance can only come from large scale play testing.

So this is what we primarily want from Early Access and the Killing Floor community: help us balance the game right. We need as many players in the game as possible and your feedback to achieve this.

oh hmmm

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
WWAUT: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/969765435015868960

Aka "I was wrongly under the impression that the map workshop was already working for KF2" :v: I swear that there was news about it... but now there's news that it's coming... :psyduck:

So yeah, the internal, soon to become our bane of existance patchnotes:

quote:

General:
Ammo pickups are no longer picked up if a player has full ammo and grenades
If other players have left the server, the solo healing buff will kick in
The game will now prioritize the trader pod and doors over supplier for interactions
Steam Mod Workshop Upload Tool
Servers and clients can subscribe to mods and be updated automatically when the content creator updates their mod or map

Bugs:
Players who haven’t spawned will no longer count against the solo player healing buff
Doors that are fully welded should no longer take away welder charge
Controllers should no longer always rumble when explosions go off (nearby explosions will still trigger rumbles)
Zed ranged attacks will no longer open doors
Players can no longer jump and crouch during the Hans health drain
Weld integrity can not = 0%
Concrete and green poles can not be exploited anymore to avoid Fleshpound and Scrake attacks.
Fixed an issue where players were able to jump on top of Dosh Bling and exploit AI.
Fixed issue where if players join a game and there were previously welded doors on the server, they would see open doors with welds
Fixed MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM in party widget
Fixed a case where inventory would not initialize on first load
Fix for not being able to pause the game as an admin

Maps
Exploit fixes in Black Forest
Exploit fixes in Farmhouse
Updated Physics in Evacuation Point

...those are okay-ish, since there's no word of balance changes which are what all the community is crying about.
And promise of a live stream on http://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive, coming next week. The stream is supposed to be showing off internal testing for the game.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Streaming internal testing is kind of like letting us play an updated game

except for all the parts where it's not, at all

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
tripwire you have 982 hours of my life but I WILL GIVE NO MORE! I DEMAND A REFUND FOR THIS BAD GAME

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

OneDeadlyBum posted:

Even if they surprised all of us and released a new patch to fix hans tomorrow, it wont fix the fact that the current content is stale, and they don't develop new maps / perks quickly enough to retain people. Hans being so incredibly bad is what caused me to give the rest of the game a more critical eye, instead of forgiving what would otherwise be minor offenses.

They've thrown out a lot of damage control about the pace at which they develop content, citing some pretty legitimate reasons. But the problems with hans can be fixed by programmers alone. Shift numbers around. Change his AI a little. Let the playerbase test the early access game that they paid for the privilege of testing.

I'll admit I kinda wish they hadn't done early access for a whole bunch of reasons, including the admittedly petty one of it making the wait for the PS4 version all the more excruciating, cause at the current rate we probably won't see it till next year, or maybe even 2018 considering I recall someone mention that they aren't even going to start development on the PS4 version until the PC version is finished

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I'm still enjoying this game. It just feels like a better KF1 to me. I could never get the hang of zerk in 1 but I'm really enjoying it here.

I put about 250 hours into KF1 and I'm at 100 on KF2 already. Definitely getting my money's worth.

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012
http://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive

Tripwire stream is live right now, so far they've teased a few new mods/game modes:

-one player is the patriarch and everyone else has to kill them
-everyone has only a knife and a welder and has to take down one player who controls a superfast clot
-two teams compete to shoot more zeds

update: the next class is gonna be SHARPSHOOTER

bluetail fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 28, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/969766177517203565

Killing Floor update, almost entirely just the bugfixes they mentioned earlier.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Two teams competing to rack up zed counts could be fun. MORE FUN THAN HANS.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

bluetail posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/tripwireinteractive

Tripwire stream is live right now, so far they've teased a few new mods/game modes:

-one player is the patriarch and everyone else has to kill them
-everyone has only a knife and a welder and has to take down one player who controls a superfast clot
-two teams compete to shoot more zeds

update: the next class is gonna be SHARPSHOOTER

All of this sound super goddamn fun. I can only hope someone will figure out how to do a Hidden game mode recreation.

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

All of this sound super goddamn fun. I can only hope someone will figure out how to do a Hidden game mode recreation.

Oh yeah! I forgot that one, they mentioned a mode with like a "super stalker" who has to hunt down the other players. They specifically cited The Hidden: Source as the main inspiration for it. Also there was some talk of trying to rework demo but honestly I kinda tuned out midway through the stream.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I found a really interesting custom server. I mean, standard custom server nonsense aside (30 player count, custom music, and a complete rendition of Spongebob's Bikini Bottom), it was bizarre how much it modified the gameplay. It had had perk point allocation and a skill tree like a Diablo clone, a modified hud to support this, friendly AI, and it gave every model a toon shader outline.

It's very amusing how much people already can break the game with just simple modding.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Theta Zero posted:

I found a really interesting custom server. I mean, standard custom server nonsense aside (30 player count, custom music, and a complete rendition of Spongebob's Bikini Bottom), it was bizarre how much it modified the gameplay. It had had perk point allocation and a skill tree like a Diablo clone, a modified hud to support this, friendly AI, and it gave every model a toon shader outline.

It's very amusing how much people already can break the game with just simple modding.

What was it called? That sounds fun to mess around in.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

What was it called? That sounds fun to mess around in.

The map was called "BikiniAtoll" I think. I don't remember the server name, but there can't be that many 30-man servers running around.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's the Server Extension Mod http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=106926

One interesting thing to note, it levels up like the first game, you get experience for the class you are regardless of what weapons you use. So you can level up classes super quickly by just buying the grenade launcher and tagging crowds of enemies while stronger players kill them. I remember going up 11 levels on one map on one server by just spamming the rocket launcher at bottlenecks.

Also: Pipebombs become super fun when you get a new one every minute or so like a special attack or something.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Theta Zero posted:

Sounds like ToonRun

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Did Tripwire mention a timeline for adding the extra game modes or is it something like "sometime before thanksgiving"?

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
The game modes are just quick little mods we came up with while people were on holiday break, but right now we're working on wrapping up the Steam Workshop feature for servers and clients. Once that's ready to go we'll roll these game type mods out with the feature so there's some stuff you can subscribe to on day 1. We wanted to get workshop out yesterday but we need to fix a couple of bugs before we release it. So, uh, really long winded way of saying "Soon".

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sounds like we're well on our way to those infamous Japanese Killing Floor servers.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

As long as we never return to 30-player servers where the objective is to hide on top of level geometry you weren't supposed to get to.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You know, it just came to me that probably the best way to balance the Zerk skills is to simply remove the ones no one uses because the alternative is awesome (Smash and extra health) and replace them with ones that give bonuses for the ranged Zerk weapons (such as increasing penetration), possibly giving people a reason to do anything other than Crovel -> Zwei/Pulverizer when sticking to Zerk weapons.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah Zerk is literally "I use these two weapons ever" right now. When I finally start it, I feel like playing Zerk as ranged just to throw people off and make them rage at me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
But how do you balance the ranged weapons to make them worth taking? I mean the whole point of zerk is frontlines.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

But how do you balance the ranged weapons to make them worth taking? I mean the whole point of zerk is frontlines.

Massive damage with a high distance falloff?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/434lc0/tripwire_live_stream_starting_at_300_pm_est/czfl5o5

Detailed notes on the TRIPWIRE stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

quote:

Specifically mentioned re-balancing of: Hans, Fleshpound AI, Demo class

Enemy spawning is not as intended, will recieve more attention

Looking at and questioning item drops, from almost all angles.

All good to hear.