Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

wat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

mod sassinator posted:

Yeah that 9 month sabbatical (plus another 3 months of vacation he probably has) is basically a year long job hunt funded by MS so he'll go quietly into the night.
quietly setting him free but technically keeping him hired while some contract expires

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

paul allen just murdered a protected reef.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Phoenixan posted:

quietly setting him free but technically keeping him hired while some contract expires

it's called a vesting retirement. he doesn't show up to work for a year while accelerated options vest and his knowledge of company plans becomes not so current. also he's not allowed to say anything about it.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

duTrieux. posted:

paul allen just murdered a protected reef.

oh but it's all the governments fault. not the good well meaning yacht owner. government is the problem

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

THC posted:

oh but it's all the governments fault. not the good well meaning yacht owner. government is the problem
yeah that's what they were saying the other day

hobbesmaster posted:

i too think that you should be strictly liable for what happens when you follow instructions radioed to you by the government

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

i too think that you should be strictly liable for what happens when you follow instructions radioed to you by the government

just following orders!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

literally execute every superyacht owner. firing squad. no trial.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

unless of course the yacht has spider legs and can haul itself out of the water and across land, tha would be pretty cool

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

he's dumb so long as its checking code signing it doesn't matter

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

wat.exe

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

duTrieux. posted:

unless of course the yacht has spider legs and can haul itself out of the water and across land, tha would be pretty cool

wild wild west meets titanic

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

Windows Phone is dead. Real Windows on phones might become a thing with Continuum eventually

:shepface:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

its the 512mb vista machines all over again

No, it's every loving cheap windows laptop manufactured in the last 20 years again. Also a big proportion of the expensive laptops too

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Has there ever been a manufacturer branded replacement for a built-in windows function that has worked even as well as the built-in one?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

Has there ever been a manufacturer branded replacement for a built-in windows function that has worked even as well as the built-in one?
ibm had a pretty good wifi configuration thing for 2000/xp iirc

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

anthonypants posted:

ibm had a pretty good wifi configuration thing for 2000/xp iirc

that was back when windows didn't know what wifi was

even vista beat out third party wi-fi config

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

your signed executables can still have vulnerabilities and be redeployed post-patch

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Sales be damned……my Lumia 950 is very much alive and well. Im trying to figure out the point of this article, or the title of the article – Its really a clickbait (we are here arent we). Are Windows Phones selling well?………no………is Microsoft going to stop selling them?…….NO………..Is Microsoft actively working on an x86 Phone that would work as a lite desktop replacement…..yup (rumored)…..will i buy the Surface Phone……Yup……..how many people that have Surface pro’s love their device – Im going to bet about 95%…….and will they be tempted by Surface phone, sure. The real issue, is that Windows Phones need to run .apk files, they need to fix the Android runtime, or Project Islandwood needs to be pushed really hard. Until the platform can run anything (x86)……….Android apps, IOS apps, Desktop apps……..USB type C surface Phone could potentially be the white rhino of smart phones – but people will be too dumb to see it due to Apple/Google covering their eyes with wool.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Windows Phone is dead, but that’s part of the plan

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Metrication posted:

Are Windows Phones selling? well………no………

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I like my Lumia 950.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

I like cosplaying a Lumia 950 owner while using a rose gold iPhone 6S+ in real life

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao I'd never own a huge phone s, especially not in faux gold.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

yeah shagger isn't INSANE, he as a 6s non plus of course

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

my Lumia 950.

nobody believes this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its so good. so much better than the iphone and its failos 9

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

post the evidence

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

it's always the next product that will fix everything and then people will come flocking

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
shaggar post a screenshot of this thread in whatever horrible browser comes with the lumia

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Beeftweeter posted:

shaggar post a screenshot of this thread in whatever horrible browser comes with the lumia

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

he cant because he has an iphone 6s silly geese!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

:eyepop: :aaaaa: :drat: :vince:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

drat..owned so hard

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol the fonts/kerning/rendering/something smdh fail

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
kerning so bad it must be windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
for whatever reason consolas doesn't work there so it falls back to whatever the default monospace font is. Still looks better than anything on ios

• Locked thread