Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Sniep posted:

i just usually fly southwest since it's not hard to set a reminder to hit the button to check in EXACTLY at T+1s after the 24 hour window opens, usually get ~A20-25 or so, worst case for full flights early Bs. still usually enough to get a emergency exit row but on southwest they have enough legroom by default that i'm usually not hugely uncomfortable, much unlike frontier (POS-est airline ever)

We flew to LA on Southwest and it was really great. They are one of the few airlines that still has preboarding for families- before A and B seating. Also nice to have all our bags checked. They also told us to take a picture of the baby in the cockpit after the flight was done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i will never fly southwest because the costumes and poo poo at the gates weirds me out

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i fly delta except for that one time i flew ba

tell me what i'm missing, it sounds cool

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Funhilde posted:

They are one of the few airlines that still has preboarding for families-

there are airlines that don't? i usually fly delta and i always hear the announcements for "families and anyone who may need a little extra time"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
on United and American (the only two I've flown recently) they ask for people with lap-riding infants to board early but not "families"

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

indigi posted:

on United and American (the only two I've flown recently) they ask for people with lap-riding infants to board early but not "families"

interesting, maybe i'm misremembering the details

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i definitely remember the "anyone who may need a little extra time" though and i feel like families with kids qualifies

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

muslins have airplanes !??!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

probably not as crucial on delta because everyone has assigned seats anyway, on southwest the "families go early" is so they can get seats together i bet

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

graph posted:

muslins have airplanes !??!

WATCH TRUMP START A loving WAR!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

indigi posted:

did u know flight attendants receive higher radiation doses per year than nuclear power plant workers

that's ok. i welcome death, and cute boys

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

spankmeister posted:

WATCH TRUMP START A loving WAR!

joe average thinks qatar is mudhuts

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

carry on then posted:

i fly delta except for that one time i flew ba

tell me what i'm missing, it sounds cool

i've always had a fondness for delta because i like that shape of wing :spergin:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I want to buy a jar of those sport peppers they put in Chicago-style hotdogs and just eat them.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

I want to buy a jar of those sport peppers they put in Chicago-style hotdogs and just eat them.

which sport

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nobody knows. they're just called that

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

nobody knows. they're just called that

hmm, i assumed it would be because hot dogs are at many sports events so we just have to find the first one

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Funhilde posted:

We flew to LA on Southwest and it was really great. They are one of the few airlines that still has preboarding for families- before A and B seating. Also nice to have all our bags checked. They also told us to take a picture of the baby in the cockpit after the flight was done.

i worked with them at their headquarters last year, they have a really good company culture

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

yeah but he was the helpful type of crooked. idc about cronyism or vote rigging or whatever if you're actively helping the poor by taxing the rich and supporting labor by regulating business. that's that good poo poo

reminder that he was assassinated for trying to introduce straightup wealth caps and redistribution

dude was cool as all hell tho i might be a lil biased since his grandnephew is a family friend

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that he was assassinated for trying to introduce straightup wealth caps and redistribution

dude was cool as all hell tho i might be a lil biased since his grandnephew is a family friend

dap him up for me next time you see him

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh yea and he armed his bodyguards w/ tommy guns

indigi posted:

dap him up for me next time you see him

will do i'll prolly see him next time i visit the fam

he's a p great photographer btw

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Farewell, dark knight

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

farewell, dark knight

CD is my hero

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Lol the glorious IT workers paradise thread never fails to deliver

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

triple sulk posted:

i will never fly southwest because the costumes and poo poo at the gates weirds me out

Costumes? I have never seen anyone in a costume at a gate.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

carry on then posted:

probably not as crucial on delta because everyone has assigned seats anyway, on southwest the "families go early" is so they can get seats together i bet

Many airlines will not allow changing of seat assignments so that kids and parents can sit together. This happens mostly on Frontier and United. Thanks jerks- I wanted to sit down next to a 7 year old.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
cjs : pushing silent generic exception handlers to any semi-serious codebase should be punishable by having your hands trampled by the company brontosaurus
that was a whole day wasted thanks a bunch, rear end in a top hat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Funhilde posted:

Many airlines will not allow changing of seat assignments so that kids and parents can sit together. This happens mostly on Frontier and United. Thanks jerks- I wanted to sit down next to a 7 year old.

so just don't tell the flight attendant? are you flying on an airline where they actually check the numbers as you're sitting down?

the claimed reason for this is antiterrorism stuff, but the real reason is to figure out who dead if the plane crashes. but gently caress that who cares

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

c hobbit s: wilhelm scream, also lots of absolutely terrible singing of top of all the barbage

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
French riot police react as straw is blown at them from a straw spreader machine as they guard the entrance to a Carrefour hypermarket, in Le Mans, northwestern France, on January 27, 2016, during a demonstration of farmers against falling prices of dairy and meat products. Farmers unions are demanding distributors and major food companies pay more for produce and livestock.

the hell is a hypermarket? :wth:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

prefect posted:

French riot police react as straw is blown at them from a straw spreader machine as they guard the entrance to a Carrefour hypermarket, in Le Mans, northwestern France, on January 27, 2016, during a demonstration of farmers against falling prices of dairy and meat products. Farmers unions are demanding distributors and major food companies pay more for produce and livestock.

TURBOPRODUCE

OMNIDAIRY

ONLY AT HYPERMARKET

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
it's like a supermarket and dept store in one big box.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

larger than your average super target?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

a supermarket, but with clothes and things too.

it's what wal-mart and target are turning into now that they've added groceries

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kalstrams posted:

c hobbit s: wilhelm scream, also lots of absolutely terrible singing of top of all the barbage

if nothing else, misty mountains was a great song and a great theme for the movie in general

i get the feeling you're talking bout goblin town though

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

carry on then posted:

larger than your average super target?

I don't think I can comprehend big American stores, the way everyone talks, Walmart sounds like somewhere I'd get lost and starve in.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

If you don't decorate your HYPERMART with spaceships and stuff I won't go in

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

computer parts posted:

if nothing else, misty mountains was a great song and a great theme for the movie in general

yeah it's almost as good as the Rohan theme and probably better than the jawn Pippin sings at the end of RotK

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

computer parts posted:

i get the feeling you're talking bout goblin town though
yeah, all the goblin town poo poo did get me, as well rivendell singing. early songs were tolerable, but around goblin town my chalice was full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

BooLoo posted:

I don't think I can comprehend big American stores, the way everyone talks, Walmart sounds like somewhere I'd get lost and starve in.

i almost never go to walmart, but that one time i needed milk, thermal paste, and a patio chair at three in the morning, i was glad it was there

• Locked thread